Backdoor commands mirc 4.7

Anon

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

It seems that certain people in the know can switch off my IRC
connection, if I am using mirc 4.7 through backdoor commands.
This has happened to a group of us by a certain individual.
Does anyone know if this can be stopped, or has anyone had the same
experience.

cheers
RuthUK

e-mail Ru...@flyinn.demon.co.uk

Dare

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

|It seems that certain people in the know can switch off my IRC
|connection, if I am using mirc 4.7 through backdoor commands.
|This has happened to a group of us by a certain individual.
|Does anyone know if this can be stopped, or has anyone had the same
|experience.

Are you sure you aren't just FLOODED off Mirc???

Some well known mirc scriptfiles are easy to kill with some recently
created scriptfiles you can download on the net. I think 7th Sphere is
one of them who has this option. The only thing against this
phenomenon is to create your own scriptfile to prevent hidden
backdoors...

Davy
Kil...@worldaccess.nl

Davy
Kil...@WorldAccess.NL

McClain Looney

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

Anon <Ru...@flyinn.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<85233031...@flyinn.demon.co.uk>...

> It seems that certain people in the know can switch off my IRC
> connection, if I am using mirc 4.7 through backdoor commands.
> This has happened to a group of us by a certain individual.
> Does anyone know if this can be stopped, or has anyone had the same
> experience.
>

> cheers
> RuthUK

There are no "backdoors" in mirc 4.7 that could disconnect you. There IS
however a utility that can disconnect you if the attacker knows which port
you are using (almost everyone uses 6667). If you encounter this problem
again, start using other ports (/server irc.vvm.com 6668 etc).

Citizen_D
irc.vvm.com

amdemel...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 12:58:43 PM3/29/18