wireless client bridge connection to mobile phone hotspot

Rudolph Rhein

Nov 19, 2021, 11:06:29 PM11/19/21
1. The desktop has Ethernet but not Wi-Fi.
2. I have a router set up as a wireless client bridge.
3. That connects the desktop to the home router access point.

But...

I can't get the same desktop to work with the mobile phone access point.
A. I turn on the mobile phone access point on the phone
B. A laptop with Wi-Fi can easily connect to that mobile phone AP
C. But the router as a wireless bridge cannot establish the connection

Why?

Marco Moock

Nov 20, 2021, 1:24:06 AM11/20/21
Am Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:06:12 +0200
schrieb Rudolph Rhein <Rudolp...@nospam.net>:
Is the "router" (is is not a router in this context, because it does
not route anything) configured as a WDS repeater?