DC++ hubs that won't connect.

June Bug

Apr 25, 2017, 6:58:18 PM4/25/17
Every hublist.bz2 edition has a lot of hubs that show in my client as
having nonzero users online (so not down), and smaller than maxusers (so
not full), which won't connect (either consistently no response, or
consistently connection refused). What causes this? Worse, which hubs
*can* be connected changes over time in unpredictable ways. Hubs that used
to work no longer do (even while showing more than zero users, meaning
they still work for *some* people but have started discriminating against
some other people, including me, or else are now lying about having users
online), while others start working that didn't used to. Finding which
ones out of dozens of hubs though is a tedious guessing game.

Is there a stable hub that will never change behavior this way and doesn't
discriminate? Failing that, is there some easy way to filter the list to
only "the ones that will accept me today"?

FPP

May 27, 2017, 12:02:12 AM5/27/17
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:58:14 +0000, June Bug wrote:

> Is there a stable hub that will never change behavior this way and
> doesn't discriminate? Failing that, is there some easy way to filter the
> list to only "the ones that will accept me today"?

I don't know.