circumventing piratebay censorship

sobriquet

Nov 24, 2017, 6:45:54 AM11/24/17

Hi.

Recently the copyright nazis forced internet providers in the Netherlands
to block the piratebay again.
Downloading isn't much of a problem via proxies or TOR, but uploading
is more tricky, because you can't log in to your account via TOR
(www.uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion).
However, I found an easy soltion, which is to use a free VPN like
TunnelBear.
I use it on my iPad so I have a separate system that where I can
easily toggle the VPN on or off for the task of uploading to tpb
(uploading the torrent files on the iPad via a free dropbox account).

You only get 500 MB/month of data traffic via the free VPN, but that
is quite sufficient to upload an occasional tiny torrent file to
tpb.
Seeding is done anonymously via the Tribler bittorrent client, which
hides the ip address, but you don't need the VPN for that.
In this fashion, downloading and uploading works fine and there is
minimal impact from the censorship efforts of the copyright nazis.