Re: Which is best: eMule, eDonkey, Overnet

Franz aRTiglio

Apr 30, 2004, 8:44:58 AM4/30/04
Peter Rossiter wrote:

[cut]

> OK, So now I am confused. :-) Can some kind person please
> enlighten me regarding these questions:
>
> Do all three (standard eMule, eDonkey2000, free Overnet) use the
> same network?
Yes and NO:

Both eDonkey2000 and eMule can connect to the "old" server based "ed2k"
network; (like a bridge) but eDonkey2000 can connect to the Overnet
network and NOT to the emule's "kad" network; eMule can use the
"kad" network but NOT the Overnet's one.

so:

Overnet network: Overnet YES; eDonkey2000 YES; eMule NO
ed2k "server based" network: Overnet NO; eDonkey2000 YES; eMule YES
"kad" network: Overnet NO; eDonkey2000 NO; eMule YES

> Can I use any one of these in place of any other?
Yes; because both eDoneky2000 and eMule uses the "ed2k server based"
network; acting as a "bridge" between overnet network and "kad" network.

> In other words, can i start a download with one and continue it with
> another and perhaps even go back to the original software to complete the
> download?
Yes.

> What exactly is the difference between eMule2000 and free Overnet?
There is no eMule2000 :P

> Of the three which is the best one to use?
IMHO pure Overnet; no credits; less overhead compared to ed2k and "kad"; better
queue handling; less CPU and HD space needed.

BTW; take a tour with all 3 and take your own conclusion ;)

lala

May 1, 2004, 7:47:00 PM5/1/04

I use the clean version of Overnet and eMule... both programs
are working okay for me.