Being an individualist AND working for a boss?

1 view

mike bishop

Apr 16, 2009, 6:31:01 AM4/16/09

I like this quote by Ayn Rand:

"I will not run anyone’s life---nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule
nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice
myself to anyone---nor sacrifice anyone to myself."

I feel that it is possible to be emotionally healthy only if one believes
in something similar to the above. However, how can the above be
reconciled with, for example, working for someone? If you're an employee,
you are arguably letting someone run your life.

I am new to individualism, so I'm just wondering what others think about
this.