Headlines from 2020

Roedy Green

Jan 2, 2004, 5:24:27 PM1/2/04
A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020. He is not
supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should be no problem
publishing this as no one will take it seriously.

There is a petition going around the internet to delete the letter W
from the alphabet. The sound will be kept, but represented by a
letter looking like a backwards capital E.

Gasoline is selling at $1000 a gallon. It is available by lottery at
$500 a gallon. SUV owners get free tickets as a hardship bonus.

Ghetto tourism is big. Europeans and Japanese arrive in armoured, air
filtered busses to view the exciting inner cities they have seen so
often on holovision. Highlights of a tour usually include a shootout
and even an actual beheading, the latest craze.

The last of the great whales died. The autopsy showed cancer, heavy
metal and general pollutants to be the cause of death.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

The Frog.

Jan 2, 2004, 6:08:33 PM1/2/04
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:24:27 GMT, Roedy Green
<look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote:

>A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020. He is not
>supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should be no problem
>publishing this as no one will take it seriously.
>
>There is a petition going around the internet to delete the letter W
>from the alphabet. The sound will be kept, but represented by a
>letter looking like a backwards capital E.
>
>Gasoline is selling at $1000 a gallon. It is available by lottery at
>$500 a gallon. SUV owners get free tickets as a hardship bonus.
>
>Ghetto tourism is big. Europeans and Japanese arrive in armoured, air
>filtered busses to view the exciting inner cities they have seen so
>often on holovision. Highlights of a tour usually include a shootout
>and even an actual beheading, the latest craze.
>
>The last of the great whales died. The autopsy showed cancer, heavy
>metal and general pollutants to be the cause of death.

Slow news day

Liberalism is Communism one drink at a time. - P.J. O'Rourke

Graffiti

Jan 2, 2004, 6:16:30 PM1/2/04

"Roedy Green" <look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote in
message news:3brbvvcrgre6mhoek...@4ax.com...

Does this newspaper from the future say where these things are happening?
USA? Canada?

Who Me?

Jan 2, 2004, 6:54:08 PM1/2/04
Graffiti said the following on 1/2/2004 6:16 PM:
Didn't you figure it out? By 2020 Canada will be a collection of poorer
states IN the US!

militiaguy

Jan 2, 2004, 6:59:40 PM1/2/04

"Who Me?" <wh...@beets.crib.com> wrote in message

> Graffiti said the following on 1/2/2004 6:16 PM:
> > "Roedy Green" <look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote
in
> > message news:3brbvvcrgre6mhoek...@4ax.com...
> >
> >>A passing time traveller <snip> >

> Didn't you figure it out? By 2020 Canada will be a collection of poorer
> states IN the US!

What?!! You mean Ranshaw's boycott didn't work?
www.geocities.com/beaver_militia/

Julian D.

Jan 2, 2004, 8:03:48 PM1/2/04
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:24:27 GMT, Roedy Green
<look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote:

>A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020. He is not
>supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should be no problem
>publishing this as no one will take it seriously.
>
>There is a petition going around the internet to delete the letter W
>from the alphabet. The sound will be kept, but represented by a
>letter looking like a backwards capital E.
>
>Gasoline is selling at $1000 a gallon. It is available by lottery at
>$500 a gallon. SUV owners get free tickets as a hardship bonus.
>
>Ghetto tourism is big. Europeans and Japanese arrive in armoured, air
>filtered busses to view the exciting inner cities they have seen so
>often on holovision. Highlights of a tour usually include a shootout
>and even an actual beheading, the latest craze.
>
>The last of the great whales died. The autopsy showed cancer, heavy
>metal and general pollutants to be the cause of death.

Whacky leftist nutty rantings like the above are becoming more and
more ignored and dismissed. Liberal-inspired guilt trips are dead.
That's what the left is really pissed about.

JD

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence
reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his
chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile
delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also
given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists,
including Al Qaeda members..."
---- Hillary Clinton, Oct 10, 2002

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and
tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?
If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words and all recriminations
would come too late."
-President George W. Bush
January 28, 2003
(Another liberal lie exposed.)

"Members and front organizations must continually embarrass, discredit and degrade our critics.
When obstructionists become too irritating, label them as fascist, or Nazi or anti-Semitic
.... The association will, after enough repetition, become "fact" in the public mind."
--Communist Party, Moscow Central Committee 1943

"This time, I think the Americans are serious.
Bush is not Clinton. I think this is the end."
-Uday Hussein

Steven Litvintchouk

Jan 2, 2004, 8:16:41 PM1/2/04

Roedy Green wrote:

[This is fun! I'll play:]

> A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020. He is not
> supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should be no problem
> publishing this as no one will take it seriously.

President Ann Coulter addressed the nation at 8 PM EST last nite. She
announced that due to the continuing emergency caused by the terrorist
threat, she is temporarily suspending Articles I and III of the
Constitution and will rule by Executive Order from now on.

President Coulter acknowledged that her program to forcibly convert
Middle East Muslims to Christianity is behind schedule "due to
unexpected pathetic resistance", and she asked the nation to give her
more time to make it work.

> Ghetto tourism is big. Europeans and Japanese arrive in armoured, air
> filtered busses to view the exciting inner cities they have seen so
> often on holovision.

Sci-fi author Robert Silverberg wrote a short story about this scenario
about 30 years ago: "Black Is Beautiful"

John Griffin

Jan 2, 2004, 9:01:10 PM1/2/04
Trained Seal Roedy Green
<look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote:

> A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020.
> He is not supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should
> be no problem publishing this as no one will take it
> seriously.

No shit.

Lead article: "Researchers today found someone lamer than that
ignorant, manipulable little parrot who calls himself 'Roedy.'"

No one would take that seriously without corroboration, for
sure.

Sit up on your flippers and I'll throw you a fish.

Nicolas Benicoeur

Jan 2, 2004, 9:21:07 PM1/2/04
> President Ann Coulter addressed the nation at 8 PM EST last nite.

And admitted that she was really a man.

Roy Blankenship

Jan 2, 2004, 9:52:54 PM1/2/04

"John Griffin" <thathi...@yahooie.com> wrote in message

> Trained Seal Roedy Green
> <look-at-the-websit...@mindprod.com> wrote:
>
> > A passing time traveller left a newspaper behind from 2020.
> > He is not supposed to do that, but there are slips. Should
> > be no problem publishing this as no one will take it
> > seriously.
>
> No shit.
>
> Lead article: "Researchers today found someone lamer than that
> ignorant, manipulable little parrot who calls himself 'Roedy.'"

He posts under the name, "John Griffin". His background is forgettable, he
was a rider of the infamous "short bus", and has no sense of humor.

Roy Blankenship

Jan 2, 2004, 9:55:51 PM1/2/04

"Nicolas Benicoeur" <dontspam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > President Ann Coulter addressed the nation at 8 PM EST last nite.
>
> And admitted that she was really a man.

The most shocking revelation of this admission was the fact that George W.
Bush's first term as "president" was cut short by the disclosure of his
affair with "Miss" Coulter. Who the "man" was in that tryst has yet to be
announced.

Warhol

Jan 3, 2004, 2:37:55 AM1/3/04
"Roy Blankenship" <bia...@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<a8qJb.46516$YC2....@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...

Only a few people still live in New York in 2020. They are organised
in gangs with their own turf. One of them is led by Baron, another one
by Carrot, and they are constantly at war with each other.

John Griffin

Jan 3, 2004, 2:40:21 AM1/3/04
"Roy Blankenship" <bia...@prodigy.net> wrote:

Good grief, "Roedy," why are you letting your kid post in these
newsgroups?! This one should be in alt.tonkatrucks or something
like that until he's much older.

Warhol

Jan 3, 2004, 2:47:56 AM1/3/04
John Griffin <thathi...@yahooie.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9464B63C43EEEth...@130.133.1.4>...

I am glad you responded. I was starting to get worried. I am glad you are fine.

You have magnificient genes. Your thinking needs a little adjustment.

Roedy and I are outside of the Matrix, so we can care about you

Roy Blankenship

Jan 3, 2004, 3:06:35 AM1/3/04

"Warhol" <warhol...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The leader, Carrot, whose father entertained millions in the early part of
the century under the pseudonym, "Carrot-top", is much more cunning than the
selfish and brutish Baron. Baron leads by fear and makes sure his followers
are told only what he wants them to believe. Carrot, OTOH, encourages his
men to read and think, therefore they are much more than hapless dogs that
bark only when told to, they actually ambush Baron's losers on a regular
basis, who are lost without their master telling them what to do.

JimmyD

Jan 3, 2004, 10:16:24 PM1/3/04

John Griffin wrote:

John, These people are dreamers, good dreams and bad dreams. They have no
sense of reality, they just dream. Isn't that obvious when they talk about
socialized medical care, sanctions and diplomacy is the only way. I could go
on and on but you get the idea.

John Griffin

Jan 4, 2004, 1:22:28 AM1/4/04

I only recently noticed the poor fools, and it was hard to
believe at first. Thanks for the tip. I noticed one of them
actually wrote the word "humor." That's probably the closest
they've come to actually experiencing it, based on what I've
seen so far.

Have I seen their entire repertoire? Lamers like that usually
have very little to say and in fact very little to parrot.

JimmyD

Jan 4, 2004, 1:47:54 AM1/4/04

John Griffin wrote:

The names change and some are more radical than others but the message and the
philosophy are the same. We hate Bush, tax cuts were for the rich, take from
the rich and give to the poor. War is never the answer, Blood for oil, Bush
will destroy the environment. Iraq is a quagmire and my favorite, Libya is
proof that sanctions and diplomacy work not war.

Roy Blankenship

Jan 4, 2004, 3:01:54 AM1/4/04

> JimmyD <j...@starkiller.org> wrote:

snip

> > John, These people are dreamers, good dreams and bad
> > dreams. They have no sense of reality, they just dream.
> > Isn't that obvious when they talk about socialized medical
> > care, sanctions and diplomacy is the only way. I could go
> > on and on but you get the idea.
>
> I only recently noticed the poor fools, and it was hard to
> believe at first. Thanks for the tip. I noticed one of them
> actually wrote the word "humor." That's probably the closest
> they've come to actually experiencing it, based on what I've
> seen so far.
>
> Have I seen their entire repertoire? Lamers like that usually
> have very little to say and in fact very little to parrot.

Why don't you two go have a nice little chat on personal e-mail since you
have nothing to say to the group. Not that you ever did.

John Griffin

Jan 4, 2004, 6:43:10 AM1/4/04
"Roy Blankenship" <bia...@prodigy.net> wrote:

Gee, I'm so sorry to be publicly embarrassing you. Your pathetic
little plea will go unobserved except for this assurance that
I've seen your snivelling.

What are the chances that someone might be dumb enough to say
that since I addressed you directly, we should be e-mail
buddies? Very, very small. Virtually everyone is bright enough
to see the sheer stupidity of such a lame little tantrum.

By the way, I was kidding when I said I'm sorry to embarrass you
to the point where you're begging me to stop. I'm not really
sorry. I intend to continue laughing at you.

JimmyD

Jan 4, 2004, 9:38:59 AM1/4/04

Roy Blankenship wrote:

No one is stopping you from butting in. I guess the truth hurts.

Gus

Jan 4, 2004, 1:11:57 PM1/4/04
John Griffin wrote:

Roedy, you must have really hit a nerve with thread - the wingnuts are
going berserk. Way to go! ;)

Steven Litvintchouk

Jan 4, 2004, 2:21:09 PM1/4/04

Nicolas Benicoeur wrote:

>>President Ann Coulter addressed the nation at 8 PM EST last nite.
>

> And admitted that she was really a man.

No she isn't.
But she regrets that every day of her life.

Perhaps she's saving her money for a sex-change operation.
Andy Coulter.

-- Steven L.

Warhol

Jan 4, 2004, 5:27:21 PM1/4/04
"Roy Blankenship" <bia...@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<fKuJb.46567$Sp3....@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...

> > > was a rider of the infamous "short bus", and has no sense of humor.
> >
> > Only a few people still live in New York in 2020. They are organised
> > in gangs with their own turf. One of them is led by Baron, another one
> > by Carrot, and they are constantly at war with each other.
>
> The leader, Carrot, whose father entertained millions in the early part of
> the century under the pseudonym, "Carrot-top", is much more cunning than the
> selfish and brutish Baron. Baron leads by fear and makes sure his followers
> are told only what he wants them to believe. Carrot, OTOH, encourages his
> men to read and think, therefore they are much more than hapless dogs that
> bark only when told to, they actually ambush Baron's losers on a regular
> basis, who are lost without their master telling them what to do.

Air Force jet slammed into the base of the Freedom Tower.

Red Alert 2016
It Doesn't Have to Be Like This, But...
By STAN COX

[The following is from the transcript of 250 Years of American
History, a ten-hour documentary series broadcast in July, 2026 by
Exile TV, a satellite channel run by U.S. citizens based in Mexico
City]:

. . . For almost twelve years, 24 hours a day, fighter jets had been
patrolling the skies over New York City. At twenty minutes after 9 pm
on July 4, 2016, an Air Force jet suddenly dropped from its flight
pattern, accelerated, and slammed into the base of the Freedom Tower.
The Tower was at that time the world's tallest building and successor
to the World Trade Center. In this amateur video, it can be seen to
tremble for a few seconds after the impact, without collapsing.

The Tower had been closed for the holiday as a routine security
measure, and that limited the number of fatalities to 27, including
the pilot. This was less than one percent of the death toll
experienced on the site in the September 11, 2001 tragedy, but it was
the largest number killed on American soil by foreign attackers since
that time.

And a foreign attack it was. The following day, the Fox/CNN News
Network (now PATRIOT TV) obtained a videotape in which the jet's
pilot, 1st Lt. Omar Carson, announced his reason for undertaking the
suicide mission.

[Lt. Carson's image and voice]:

I was born Omar Khalaf in the city of Samarra, in Iraq. The United
States invaded my country in March of 2003. I was 14 years old at the
time, living with my family in Samarra. My father was an employee of
the Ministry of Agriculture.

In July of 2004, American soldiers came to our house, and they took my
father away. I did not see him again, and I never learned what became
of him. Up to that point, I had avoided any contact with the
resistance fighters, but soon after my father's disappearance, I
joined and fought with them.

During that time, the Americans learned of my name from informers, so
they went again to my house, but my mother and sisters did not know
where I was and could not tell them. That night the soldiers took the
decision to demolish our house. During the demolition, neither the
soldiers nor my family members saw my 4-year-old sister run toward the
house, where a wall fell on her and crushed her.

When I learned of this, I vowed to take my own revenge on the United
States of America, in the names of my father and sister. I will not
discuss how I managed to become high school student Omar Carson, a
U.S. citizen born in Chicago, or how I became an Air Force lieutenant,
except to say that this is indeed the land of opportunity for those
willing to work hard. Tomorrow, on your Independence Day, I will take
down your Freedom Tower, not at the behest of global terrorists, who
are people I do not know, and not for Islam, which does not concern
me, but to prove that your armies - those who took my father and
sister - do not and cannot make you safe.

The government's response to the attack was swift - but, argued
critics, it was also characteristically off-target.

[Image and voice of the Secretary of Homeland Security]: Those who
have accused us in the past of "crying wolf" have now been proven
very, very wrong. As of this hour, the United States and all of its
installations abroad will return to Enhanced Red Terror Alert status.

[Voice of the Director of the Coalition Authority, accompanied by
video of U.S. and Israeli tanks on maneuver]: Iraq's borders have been
sealed until further notice. Coalition forces have quarantined
Samarra, the terrorist's hometown, and are conducting house-to-house
sweeps.

[Image and voice of the President]: Today, in a nation once again
under attack, I am pleased to sign this bill merging the Departments
of Defense, Homeland Security, and Justice into a single Department of
Homeland Defense. The Department's new motto inspires us all:
"Embracing the Planet as Our Homeland."

At the end of a two-week investigation, a team of structural engineers
came to a startling conclusion: The Freedom Tower could not be made
"safely occupiable", and it would have to be demolished. With the
world economy in crisis, the Tower had had a 60% vacancy rate at the
time of the attack, so its demise was seen to make sense economically
as well. History's most ambitious demolition project was scheduled, at
the request of the Administration in Washington, for September 11,
2016. It was planned as a dramatic event that would galvanize the
public and shake the country out of its malaise.

But the nation was in no mood for another terror spectacle. A quarter
of a million American troops were stationed throughout the world - and
at that point they were engaged in deadly combat in six Asian nations,
as well as the Occupied Territories of Gaza, the West Bank, and Iraq.
People had gradually become immune to Orange terror alerts, so the
government had increasingly moved to Red alerts and, finally, had felt
it necessary to create a new and very unpopular alert level called
Enhanced Red Terror Status. In the process, the Bill of Rights was
gradually being "transcended", in the Administration's terminology.

The economy was in its worst and most persistent downturn since the
Great Depression eight decades before, and the government, stretched
to the breaking point by the War on Terror, could offer little help to
out-of-work and hungry citizens. Its only program addressing
unemployment was the military draft. A record four and a half million
Americans were locked in jails, prisons, and Homeland Detention
Centers. The hapless Democratic Party was offering no convincing
strategies for recovery, and was clearly incapable of mounting a
serious challenge to the Republicans' sixteen-year grip on the White
House.

A weary people could find consolation in one fact: Since the beginning
of a decline in world oil production in 2007, Americans were
considerably better off than people in other parts of the industrial
world. The assured flow of oil from underexploited fields in Iraq and
Central Asia had, according to many economists, justified the cost of
military operations in that part of the globe. But plentiful oil could
not begin to heal the many wounds that the War on Terror had opened.

On the night of September 10, several dozen square blocks of Lower
Manhattan were evacuated, and at precisely 8:45 the next morning, a
series of carefully timed explosions brought down the Freedom Tower.
It slumped into a massive dust cloud - an eery replay of the Twin
Towers' collapse fifteen years before. Small groups of people watched
from distant rooftops. The television audience at that hour was small.
Families of those killed in the attack grieved at home, in private.
The dust cloud served chiefly as a backdrop for the Republican
National Convention, which was meeting that week in New York, as it
had in 2004, 2008, and 2012.

[Image and voice of Vice President Rice addressing the convention]:
Once again a pall descends over this great city, and once again our
nation hears the call of destiny, our people a call to heroism. This
party pledges to strike at the root of the evil that has raised this
cloud. Those who plotted this deed can run, but they cannot hide!

Despite saturation coverage by the media, a sullen public took little
notice of the Tower's fall. By the weekend, the demolition was out of
the headlines, replaced by the catastrophic Hurricane Kristi, which
made landfall on the east coast of Florida on the night of the 12th.

All contents or structural materials of any value had been stripped
from the Freedom Tower. With no search of the rubble required, cleanup
was completed well before the November election . . .

Stan Cox lives in Salina, Kansas.

http://www.counterpunch.org/cox01022004.html

__________________
Neo-Conning Americans! Helping dark people see god faster!
US has overthrown functioning democracies in over 20 countries.
The Demonization of Slobodan Milosevici.
wala democracia, wala batierq.

John Griffin

Jan 4, 2004, 9:09:38 PM1/4/04

Another snippy little kid! Yeeee haaaa!

"Roedy," how many children do you have? Why are they all
mentally and emotionally ten-year-olds?!

"Gus," did you want to discuss something? For example, tell me
why you're such a fucking idiot that you think laughing at a
lamer is "berserk." Tell me why you think his insipid attempt
to be cutesy could "hit a nerve."

John Griffin

Jan 4, 2004, 9:12:14 PM1/4/04
warhol...@hotmail.com (Warhol) wrote:

> [ lamer than a three-legged dung beetle ]

If you ever get a job, hold onto it.

Roy Blankenship

Jan 4, 2004, 9:32:39 PM1/4/04

"John Griffin" <thathi...@yahooie.com> wrote in message

Do YOU want to discuss something? Or just make "cutesy" remarks?
Pot=kettle=black

John Griffin

Jan 4, 2004, 11:22:48 PM1/4/04
"Poorly Trained Pansy Roy Blankenship" <bia...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

Boy, that was cute. You're able to store and regurgitate at
least one pansy remark per day. Ain't you the man...<snicker>

You forgot to try to help your fellow mental dwarf Gus discuss
why laughing at you tweaky little wankers is "berserk." Just
kidding...I know you didn't exactly forget - it's just that you
hadn't been told what to say yet when the posting reflex took
over your little mind.

Roedy Green

Jan 7, 2004, 3:34:15 AM1/7/04
On 4 Jan 2004 11:43:10 GMT, John Griffin <thathi...@yahooie.com>
wrote or quoted :

>Your pathetic
>little plea will go unobserved except for this assurance that
>I've seen your snivelling.

You have not said ANYTHING in a few dozen posts. All you do is
personally insult people. I am going to plonk you, not to punish you,
but just to save time. There is so much to read. If you say something
of consequence I trust someone will quote it, and I will see it.

You seem to be using this newsgroup as a sort of punching bag to take
out anger on your life. You seem to have no interest at all in
discussing the merits and shortcomings of the president.

In other words, all your posts have been off topic.

John Griffin

Jan 7, 2004, 6:48:13 AM1/7/04
Robotic Roedy Green snivelled:

> On 4 Jan 2004 11:43:10 GMT, John Griffin
> <thathi...@yahooie.com> wrote or quoted :
>
>>Your pathetic
>>little plea will go unobserved except for this assurance
>>that I've seen your snivelling.
>
> You have not said ANYTHING in a few dozen posts. All you
> do is personally insult people. I am going to plonk you,
> not to punish you, but just to save time. There is so much
> to read. If you say something of consequence I trust
> someone will quote it, and I will see it.

"Punish me," he says! HAHA<choke>$*#$*HAHA<gasp>HAHAHAHA!!!

You really need to do something about the huge gap between you
and your self image.

You're going to "plonk" me because you don't appreciate people
who point out what you're doing, i.e. you're going to tuck tail
and run away with your jaw flapping. It's a familiar sight.

> You seem to be using this newsgroup as a sort of punching
> bag to take out anger on your life. You seem to have no
> interest at all in discussing the merits and shortcomings
> of the president.

Nor do you. You spasmodically say "I disagree with Bush,"
regardless of what he says. You do that purely by reflex and
conditioning, and you overplay your silly little act to the
point where you're just barely even a joke. You obscure yourself
in the clouds of vapor you eruct. I laugh at such goofiness and
you're compelled to scuttle behind the lame "You're angry"
dodge.

> In other words, all your posts have been off topic.

Stop snivelling.

"Punish me," says the mentally spavined little punk...I'd die
laughing if I didn't want to stick around and be amused by more
of such sophomoric fanfaronade.

patrickl...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2020, 7:56:46 PM6/7/20
The newspaper was fake because no mention of the Coronavirus and George Floyd.