time

marika

Jan 1, 2021, 6:25:34 PM1/1/21
my mom is insanely embarrassed by her accent, especially her inability to pronounce TH

It is at least one reason why she is so shy
Or aloof as one of her relatives inappropriately and insensitively called it

now we have Hilaria Baldwin properly being called out for mocking accents

mk5000

What was Axl Rose smoking when he wrote this? Why wouldn't he respect the opinion of his fellow bandmate, Slash (whose mother is half-black), and think twice about releasing this song?

The 1988 rock song describes Axl Rose's experience getting hustled at a Greyhound bus station when he first came to Los Angeles. In the lyrics, the following groups are denigrated:

the police
black people (and he uses the "n" word)
immigrants and
gays (calling them "f*ggots").--spinditty