tran xe 800 tonnage?

mike

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
I've been told by an AC repairman that the Trane Model XE-800 air
conditioner I currently own is a 4 ton model. This seems oversized for my
home. How can I tell what the tonnage is via nameplate etc.?

mike

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99

Thanks,
Trane XE800 MODEL TTB74A100A0
serial number 842262958
MFR DATE 10/87

turtle4air wrote in message ...

>this is turtle.
>
>it would be much easier for you to post the model and serial number off
>the
>condenser unit outside and we can tell you all about it.
>
>OR send me the model number and i will look at it and tell you about
>it.
>
>TUIRTLE
>

>--
>Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

turtle4air

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

ken m

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
to mike
Mike your model number is incorrect in the 6th position. If the model is
TTB748A100A0 the unit is a 4 ton if the number is TTB742A100A0 the unit is 3.5
tons

ken m

mike wrote:

> Thanks,
> Trane XE800 MODEL TTB74A100A0
> serial number 842262958
> MFR DATE 10/87

BRYAN

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
CAREFUL, IT COULD BE A 724 = 2 TON

ken m <ma...@structurex.net> wrote in article
<3755C0B6...@structurex.net>...

dkk5...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2015, 12:36:30 PM8/2/15
what is a 736

Stormin Mormon

Aug 2, 2015, 4:59:13 PM8/2/15
On 8/2/2015 12:36 PM, dkk5...@gmail.com wrote:
> what is a 736

Dunno. The rest of the model number would be
very helpful.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Smarty

Aug 2, 2015, 8:18:14 PM8/2/15
Stormin Mormon <cayo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/2015 12:36 PM, dkk5...@gmail.com wrote:
>> what is a 736
>>

> Dunno. The rest of the model number would be
> very helpful.

Without any other information, one might guess 3 tons from the "36" in the
number you provided

7sonh...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2017, 5:17:44 PM8/28/17
On Tuesday, June 1, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, mike wrote:
> I've been told by an AC repairman that the Trane Model XE-800 air
> conditioner I currently own is a 4 ton model. This seems oversized for my
> home. How can I tell what the tonnage is via nameplate etc.?

I just need to find out what the replacement compressor part is.

Aj's Heating & Conditioning LLC

Jul 13, 2022, 10:22:27 AM7/13/22
Whats the seer rating- or what was the seer rating for the XE 800 back then?