Does this quote seem high (mini-split)

yabiteme

Apr 10, 2021, 1:53:49 AM4/10/21
Anyone think that a quote of $36,000 for the installation of 4 name brand
mini-splits is high? I am in Arizona.

Tekkie©

Apr 10, 2021, 2:27:17 PM4/10/21

On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 22:53:47 -0700, yabiteme posted for all of us to digest...

> Anyone think that a quote of $36,000 for the installation of 4 name brand
> mini-splits is high? I am in Arizona.

Do I understand this to mean you will have one outdoor condenser and four
indoor units? The size of the indoor units determine the size of the outdoor
unit(s)

Have you gotten three or four quotes and references from others?

--
Tekkie

yabiteme

Apr 10, 2021, 5:21:27 PM4/10/21
On Apr 10, 2021, Tekkie© wrote
(in article <76mcI.3690$w_4....@fx03.iad>):
Sorry, it was for 3 condensers and 4 indoor units. The house is a hair over
2,000 square feet.
This is the first quote I got.

Tekkie©

Apr 12, 2021, 5:01:26 PM4/12/21

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 14:21:25 -0700, yabiteme posted for all of us to digest...
Three condensers for 2000 sq ft? Definitely get someone else to quote. Now is
the time to do it, before they are swamped with "I'm hot" calls. Does your
house have a basement, attic? What type of construction? Hows your electrical
panel? Will it support the additional load? All questions to ask.

--
Tekkie