Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Blower Motor Wiring (colors)

36.287 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Bill

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan
Hi:

I have a furnace blower that I plan to use just as a high powered fan. It's
a rather small squirrel cage direct drive blower.

I am assuming that the black wire is hot, and the white wire is common. And
then there are three colored wires that I'm assuming are LO, MED, HI
jumpers, but I don't know what they are to be attached to?

I have a Red, a Blue, and an Orange wire. Suppose that the red is HI and the
blue is MED and the orange is LO (just as an example)....does that mean that
the color of my choice needs to be contacting the ground/common or the hot?
I don't understand the theory behind these wires.

Also, there is a capacitor with two terminals on it mounted on this unit.
Both terminals have a brown wire that goes directly into the motor.

The ends of all these wires, including the black and white have just been
cut off blunt, and of course there is no wiring diagram attached to the
blower.

My main question is not to determine which color is which speed, I can
figure that part out on my own *if* I knew to what that wire was to be
attached? Common/Hot?

Thanks

Bill

turtle4air

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan

this is turtle.

white ----- common

black ---- high speed

blue ---- medium high speed

orange --- medium speed

red ------ low speed

in some cases yellow can be common in the place of white. you don't
have yellow but just a note.

TURTLE

Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

rdaws...@my-deja.com

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan

> this is turtle.
>
> white ----- common

Always hooked to neutral.

> black ---- high speed
>
> blue ---- medium high speed
>
> orange --- medium speed

From my experience, when both red and orange, the orange is the low
speed.

> red ------ low speed

Med-low on this motor probabally

> in some cases yellow can be common in the place of white. you don't
> have yellow but just a note.

If the common is yellow, then generally the motor is a 240 volt motor.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

AllTemp

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan
LOL< Go figure?

MDamron,AllTemp

Ken Williams

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan
Black is hot. White is common and to be sure of the others get a volt-ohm meter
and measure the resistance. Higher resistance being the lower speed. Select the
speed you want and use that wire and common.

John Gilmer

ongelezen,
28 jul 1999, 03:00:0028-07-1999
aan
If you understand how the motor windings are connect to the lead wires you
can double check you "results" from decoding the color code by measuring
various resistances.

Example:

If you properly identified common, lo, med, and hi would have progressively
LOWER resistances to common.

I would not rely upon a color code unless you have specific info from the
manufacturer.

JLG

Bill <WW...@SGI.NET> wrote in message

jon kendall

ongelezen,
29 jul 1999, 03:00:0029-07-1999
aan
there should be a white tage glued to the motor its self that tells you what
wire is for what speed so you can be 100% corrected on the speeds. NO GUESS WORK
THAT WHAT GETS PEOPLE IN TO TROULBE!!! AND IM NOT SAYING THE OTHER ANSWER AREN'T
CORRECT BECAUSE 95% OF THE TIME THAT IS THE COLOR CODES FOR SPEEDS

Bill

ongelezen,
29 jul 1999, 03:00:0029-07-1999
aan

Bill wrote in message ...

>Hi:
>
>I have a furnace blower that I plan to use just as a high powered fan. It's
>a rather small squirrel cage direct drive blower.

Thanks for all the posts, this points me in the right direction. I'll only
be using one speed for this blower (probably highest) and now I know what to
connect.

Thanks much,

Bill

cease...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
25 apr 2015, 05:39:2525-04-2015
aan
On Wednesday, July 28, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have a furnace blower that I plan to use just as a high powered fan. It's
> a rather small squirrel cage direct drive blower.
>
> I am assuming that the black wire is hot, and the white wire is common. And
> then there are three colored wires that I'm assuming are LO, MED, HI
> jumpers, but I don't know what they are to be attached to?
>
> I have a Red, a Blue, and an Orange wire. Suppose that the red is HI and the
> blue is MED and the orange is LO (just as an example)....does that mean that
> the color of my choice needs to be contacting the ground/common or the hot?
> I don't understand the theory behind these wires.
>
> Also, there is a capacitor with two terminals on it mounted on this unit.
> Both terminals have a brown wire that goes directly into the motor.
>
> The ends of all these wires, including the black and white have just been
> cut off blunt, and of course there is no wiring diagram attached to the
> blower.
>
> My main question is not to determine which color is which speed, I can
> figure that part out on my own *if* I knew to what that wire was to be
> attached? Common/Hot?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Black is High speed/Cooling speed and the Fan ON continuous speed.
a motor will work with either leg of power on common, on 230 v motors 2 hot legs are used, regardless the Common terminal and Run winding get the power.
The speeds if more than 1 are on the run winding usually, but some are on the start winding, if in doubt fuse it out, this way the worst that can happen is a blown fuse or the motor runs backwards.

Run and Start will be the 2 leads reading the highest to each other
Common is the point at which the Run winding and Start winding connect, it is not a common winding it is a common point where the 2 windings meet.
The speeds will be as described by the others earlier in that the lower resistance will be higher speeds.

ctcla...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
17 jul 2015, 21:09:2717-07-2015
aan
I just brought a new blower motor 1/3hp 1075 rpm 115 volts but it don't have the same wiring as the old one here is a list of wires. brown wire, brown/white wire,black wire red wire blue wire white wire and two purple wire where do they go help please thanks a million clayl...@yahoo.com

mitchellr...@yahoo.com

ongelezen,
27 mei 2016, 17:34:2927-05-2016
aan
I am converting an air conditioning fan to an attic fan to blow the heat out and I am trying to figure out the wiring for it. The fan has a black wire a blue wire and an orange wire. I also saved the capacitor which has three prongs with orange and yellow on one,blue on another and the last has a red. Can I bypass the capacitor and wire a switch thru the three wires out of the fan. I'm pretty sure the black is my load but am stumped on the rest.
Please help

Tony944

ongelezen,
27 mei 2016, 18:47:3327-05-2016
aan

wrote in message
There is few possibility
One no you can not eliminate or bypass capacitor. Capacitor set direction of
the fan,
Without capacitor it will sit there and hum no moving, but you can started
by moving fan manually.
keep fingers clear you can try it without blade on the motor. it is usually
smaller part of capacitor
around 4 mfd. but under 10 Mfd. voltage should be equal to the supply or
higher.
I will try and guess Yellow is Common, Red goes to fan, Blue possible goes
to Compressor.

guer...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
19 jun 2016, 22:44:1719-06-2016
aan
Hi
I'm doing the same thing as using a HVAC for fan but the color of wires is black for high, green ground, orange not sure, red is for low, it also has brown and a capacitor I think that the has be connected to capacitor and back to the line whatever that means. Can you give some guidance with the wiring to use it as a blower only? Thanks

Dan

markedm...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
21 jul 2016, 20:56:4321-07-2016
aan
I have a blower motor with two drum fans on it came from a microwave. The wire colors are black,white ,yellow,red and blue. Can someone tell me how to wire this.

markedm...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
21 jul 2016, 20:56:4321-07-2016
aan

PaxPerPoten

ongelezen,
21 jul 2016, 23:03:2421-07-2016
aan
On 7/21/2016 7:56 PM, markedm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a blower motor with two drum fans on it came from a microwave. The wire colors are black,white ,yellow,red and blue. Can someone tell me how to wire this.

Fill it with R410A and it will be just fine.

--
"...I am committed against every thing which in my judgement, may
weaken, endanger, or destroy [The constitution]...and especially against

Bill

ongelezen,
22 jul 2016, 01:15:1522-07-2016
aan
markedm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a blower motor with two drum fans on it came from a microwave. The wire colors are black,white ,yellow,red and blue. Can someone tell me how to wire this.

Maybe you can find some similar motors to get some clues. Try to ID it.
Careful, it just might be low voltage. Surely you have some control
wires there. Good luck!

Bill

fishi...@yahoo.com

ongelezen,
30 sep 2016, 03:34:1230-09-2016
aan
I have a 220 blower motor. Can I run it on 110? If not how would I wire it for 220? It has 5 wires. Blue, Black, Red, Yellow, andOrange. Thanks, Tim

Tony944

ongelezen,
30 sep 2016, 14:43:4230-09-2016
aan
Some 220AC motors can run on 110AC that have taps on, however it will run at
half the speed. (note some)

wrote in message

I have a 220 blower motor. Can I run it on 110? If not how would I wire it
for 220? It has 5 wires. Blue, Black, Red, Yellow, andOrange. Thanks, Tim

elde...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
7 mrt 2017, 15:06:1007-03-2017
aan
This is a blower Moyer off a air condition and it has black red and blue wires I want to put a plug on for a fan

Bill

ongelezen,
7 mrt 2017, 22:46:1207-03-2017
aan
elde...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is a blower Moyer off a air condition and it has black red and blue wires I want to put a plug on for a fan

Sometimes there is a schematic on the side of the motor.

Tony944

ongelezen,
10 mrt 2017, 14:37:1310-03-2017
aan
I am not saying it is "but most likely" 220 Voltage. Black Common hot, Red
hot, Black & blue capacitor

"Bill" wrote in message news:o9nv0...@news6.newsguy.com...

jej195...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
27 apr 2017, 01:37:4427-04-2017
aan
I have 4 wires to the capacitor. Red,yellow,blue and orange. What wire goes where

Bill

ongelezen,
27 apr 2017, 02:46:1227-04-2017
aan
jej195...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have 4 wires to the capacitor. Red,yellow,blue and orange. What wire goes where

I've done a little work in this area, but I am not an expert. It sounds
"safer" to identify where those wires are coming to and from. People
reuse wire...and someone out of blue isn't going to run to the store.
You can probably find some photos on google.
By the way, if you have 4 wires to the capacitor, it is probably a
double (dual?) capacitor. Absolutely do not guess. Is there a
schematic drawing on the capacitor?

greeneyed...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
7 sep 2017, 11:24:5907-09-2017
aan
On Wednesday, July 28, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, turtle4air wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:41:21 -0400 "Bill" <WW...@SGI.NET> wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I have a furnace blower that I plan to use just as a high powered fan. It's
> > a rather small squirrel cage direct drive blower.
> >
> > I am assuming that the black wire is hot, and the white wire is common. And
> > then there are three colored wires that I'm assuming are LO, MED, HI
> > jumpers, but I don't know what they are to be attached to?
> >
> > I have a Red, a Blue, and an Orange wire. Suppose that the red is HI and the
> > blue is MED and the orange is LO (just as an example)....does that mean that
> > the color of my choice needs to be contacting the ground/common or the hot?
> > I don't understand the theory behind these wires.
> >
> > Also, there is a capacitor with two terminals on it mounted on this unit.
> > Both terminals have a brown wire that goes directly into the motor.
> >
> > The ends of all these wires, including the black and white have just been
> > cut off blunt, and of course there is no wiring diagram attached to the
> > blower.
> >
> > My main question is not to determine which color is which speed, I can
> > figure that part out on my own *if* I knew to what that wire was to be
> > attached? Common/Hot?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bill
> >

> this is turtle.
>
> white ----- common
>
> black ---- high speed
>
> blue ---- medium high speed
>
> orange --- medium speed
>
> red ------ low speed
>
> in some cases yellow can be common in the place of white. you don't
> have yellow but just a note.
>
> TURTLE
>
> --
> Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

And in some cases Yellow is replaced by Orange as with the newer units.

neilha...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
5 jan 2018, 20:26:5105-01-2018
aan
I have a red/blue an a black wire witch one goes to the breaker an then a small purple wire comes off capacitor

joshua...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
17 mrt 2018, 22:41:1317-03-2018
aan
If I wanted to use motor/ blower how do I wire it to plug in to plug

arvind...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
11 mei 2018, 07:02:3911-05-2018
aan
Thanks

Lance Klinger

ongelezen,
17 mei 2018, 21:17:1717-05-2018
aan

josepht...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
4 jun 2018, 10:13:1504-06-2018
aan
I found a small squirrel cage fan and was gonna try to hook it up and use it but I’m not sure what the wires are there is two black and one that is green and yellow
It is a 115 volts

bgriz...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
20 jun 2018, 02:07:2720-06-2018
aan
I bought a dayton 1/2hp universal blower fan that om wiring to a plug, ill be wiring it for 110v,the wiring diagram looks like it says white- line in, orange goes to nothing, and black and blue- line in. So does this mean i wire both black and blue to hot and white to white ? Its a dayton 1TDU2 btw. Thank for any help

turkeyd...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
28 jun 2018, 15:57:2628-06-2018
aan
Small blower motor with yellow black an orange wire,need to know which is positive neagative an ground

Scott Lurndal

ongelezen,
28 jun 2018, 16:20:4428-06-2018
aan
turkeyd...@gmail.com writes:
>Small blower motor with yellow black an orange wire,need to know which is positive neagative an ground

What does the motor nameplate say? Did you google the motor manuf/part#?

It's not likely to have a positive, a negative or a ground;
rather it likely has common, high-speed, and low-speed conductors with a
frame ground.

walter.r...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
29 jun 2018, 13:09:2829-06-2018
aan
On Wednesday, July 28, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, turtle4air wrote:
> this is turtle.
>
> white ----- common
>
> black ---- high speed
>
> blue ---- medium high speed
>
> orange --- medium speed
>
> red ------ low speed
>
> in some cases yellow can be common in the place of white. you don't
> have yellow but just a note.
>
> TURTLE
>
> --
> Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

all i have is a orange black red black is in the high spot orange is in ml and red goes to capacitor then from their it is brown and orange going to inside motor hot do i make it go fast can i bypass capacitor or is ml the best i am going to get

Scott Lurndal

ongelezen,
29 jun 2018, 13:23:0429-06-2018
aan
If you expect that Turtle (whom you've responded to) has been monitoring
this group for the last 19 years waiting for your question, I suspect your
expectations are in vain.

Tekkie®

ongelezen,
29 jun 2018, 16:35:5429-06-2018
aan
Scott Lurndal posted for all of us...
They are. I believe Turtle passed away a looong time ago.

--
Tekkie

PaxPerPoten

ongelezen,
3 jul 2018, 13:15:3803-07-2018
aan
Turtle died years ago.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

tlc...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
14 jul 2018, 14:09:2614-07-2018
aan
I just bought a new blower motor they are both 1/3hp 115v but the old one has black, white, yellow, red and blue, the new one only has black, red, yellow and blue. How do I wire this back up?

jswa...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
21 okt 2018, 20:27:5621-10-2018
aan
Stick yellow wire up ur ass and stick finger in socket.

buful...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
4 nov 2018, 14:18:4304-11-2018
aan
I have a motor with 5 wires red yellow orange blue black. What are they for?

Scott Lurndal

ongelezen,
4 nov 2018, 19:19:3904-11-2018
aan
buful...@gmail.com writes:
>I have a motor with 5 wires red yellow orange blue black. What are they for?

They make the motor turn.

tRudy Crayola

ongelezen,
5 nov 2018, 00:01:5105-11-2018
aan
On 11/4/2018 1:18 PM, buful...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a motor with 5 wires red yellow orange blue black. What are they for?

To make a real pretty braided belt?

--
Rudy's Nut & Fruit farm- Sacramento

bern...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
6 apr 2019, 14:30:0606-04-2019
aan
I have a wiring diagram for mine.

Neutral is white,
Blue is high,
Black is medium.
red is low, and
yellow is "medium low."

I have two brown to a capacitor.

My concern is the ground. The cage I have has a green wire from the outer motor housing to the frame of the cage. Should I use a two prong plug (white and black) and assume it's grounded, or run an additional wire from the housing to a third, ground, prong on the plug?

yeatma...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
13 jun 2019, 23:01:1513-06-2019
aan
HI HOW ARE I HAVE A QUESTION CONCERNING A HVAC INDOOR AIR HANDLER THE OLD MOTOR HAD DIFFERENT COLOR WIRES THAN THE NEW HOW DO I FIND OUT HOW I CAN MAKE THEM WORK THANKJS

joann....@gmail.com

ongelezen,
27 jun 2020, 15:23:5927-06-2020
aan
Goodman heat pump black red blue wires coming out of unit to blower and new blower motor has red black blue jellow blue two brown wires can any one help

lynett...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
18 aug 2020, 19:16:0918-08-2020
aan
I have a fan motor I have yellow white red two blues grey my power cord has black white and red how do I hook this fan up

JULIUS P HILARIO

ongelezen,
20 dec 2022, 16:05:2120-12-2022
aan
hi guys let me share something do not look up to color code of the wire to identify which one are common , for capacitor and which are for speed. these coming december 22, friday 11:a.m saudi time
i will do live video tutorial how identify which wire you all looking for about the motor blower without color code
find me at face face name Baba Voss , or contact me i will share it for free , +966548329070
;:

Heather Garcia

ongelezen,
15 jun 2023, 19:25:5715-06-2023
aan
On Wednesday, July 28, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, rdaws...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > this is turtle.
> >
> > white ----- common
> Always hooked to neutral.
> > black ---- high speed
> >
> > blue ---- medium high speed
> >
> > orange --- medium speed
> From my experience, when both red and orange, the orange is the low
> speed.
> > red ------ low speed
> Med-low on this motor probabally
> > in some cases yellow can be common in the place of white. you don't
> > have yellow but just a note.
> >
> If the common is yellow, then generally the motor is a 240 volt motor.

mY NAME IS HEAATHER I HAVE A 2007 CHEVY 1500 MY BLOWER MOTOR RESISTER WENT OUT I GOT ANOTHER ONE BUT THE WIRES CAME BLAVK AND WHITE . THE GUY THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO FIX IT TOOK IT APART AND NEVERCAME BACK CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME WHAT COLORED COLORS GO TO WHITE THEN BLSCK PLZ. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT...

MY EMAIL IS joshhea...@gmail.com
0 nieuwe berichten