Beckett CB151UL Condensate Pump

jsf...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2008, 1:56:51 AM7/1/08

I am trying to trouble shoot a Beckett CB151UL condensate pump. I
found a pool of water next to my furnace and I suspect it is from the
condensate pump. The water level in the reservoir was fairly high,
close to the brim.

I do not have experience working with pumps but while the pump was on
I removed the clip connecting the hose and there was enough pressure
for the water to shoot out like a fountain. I was able to put the
tube back and the duckbill value correctly.

I have turned off my AC, and manually poured water into the
reservoir. This started the pump but I don't see it pumping the water
out (I did see it pumping water out before I removed the tube).

I would appreciate if someone can help explain the puddle of water and
why I the pump is not pumping water out of the reservoir? Also, is
there a owner's manual/troubleshooting manual I can locate online?
What other checks can I do?

Thanks.

Message has been deleted

Noon-Air

Jul 1, 2008, 8:39:38 AM7/1/08

<jsf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It only has 2 moving parts and apparently its beyond your comprehension.
Maybe the next check should be the one you write to the tech you gonna call.

> Thanks.

Your welcome

Mark

Jul 1, 2008, 10:10:01 AM7/1/08

> I have turned off my AC, and manually poured water into the
> reservoir.  This started the pump but I don't see it pumping the water
> out (I did see it pumping water out before I removed the tube).

is the hose clogged?

jsf...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2008, 11:41:51 AM7/1/08
Mark,
I don't think the hose is clogged, but I'll take a look at the portion
which goes into the crawl space to verify the hose is ok down there.
The water level in the output hose rises a little bit but I don't see
it being pumped out. Its as though the pump is not pumping the water
out even though I can hear the pump running. I did not want to
unscrew the pump and disconnect the hose. But it seems that might be
the next step.

Thanks for providing guidance.

@news.com KJPRO

Jul 1, 2008, 12:18:54 PM7/1/08

<jsf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I would suggest that you call a HVAC company, if you can't troubleshoot a
simple pump without making the situation worst.

Message has been deleted

LApert

Jul 1, 2008, 5:42:43 PM7/1/08

Did you drop a quarter in the coin slot?

Lumpy

Jul 1, 2008, 5:44:38 PM7/1/08
jsf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mark,
> I don't think the hose is clogged, but I'll take a look at the portion
> which goes into the crawl space to verify the hose is ok down there.
> The water level in the output hose rises a little bit but I don't see
> it being pumped out. Its as though the pump is not pumping the water
> out even though I can hear the pump running. I did not want to
> unscrew the pump and disconnect the hose. But it seems that might be
> the next step.
>
> Thanks for providing guidance.

Heh! Heh! Give it a blowjob or pay someone who will.

> Mark wrote:
>>> I have turned off my AC, and manually poured water into the
>>> reservoir. �This started the pump but I don't see it pumping the water
>>> out (I did see it pumping water out before I removed the tube).
>>>

>> is the hose clogged?

Message has been deleted

Joseph

Jul 1, 2008, 8:51:40 PM7/1/08
<jsf...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to trouble shoot a Beckett CB151UL condensate pump. I
> found a pool of water next to my furnace and I suspect it is from
> the
> condensate pump. The water level in the reservoir was fairly
> high,
> close to the brim.
>
> I do not have experience working with pumps but while the pump was
> on
> I removed the clip connecting the hose and there was enough
> pressure
> for the water to shoot out like a fountain. I was able to put the
> tube back and the duckbill value correctly.
>
> I have turned off my AC, and manually poured water into the
> reservoir. This started the pump but I don't see it pumping the
> water
> out (I did see it pumping water out before I removed the tube).
>
> I would appreciate if someone can help explain the puddle of water

Do you have a dog?

essenz

Jul 1, 2008, 11:05:54 PM7/1/08
Open up the pump, inside will be a brass tube that goes down toward
the bottom. At the bottom it flares out. That wide section is where
the impeller is. The bottom portion below the impeller is usually
connected to the main body with 6 or so bolts and a gasket.

Note: On the newer pumps, everything is plastic, but if you have one
of the older pumps that still has brass... see below.

Over time the bolts rust and fall off, or the gasket falls apart. The
perimeter that the gasket seals must be 100% sealed, if not the
impeller can't pump water as good, and what happens is the pump just
runs forever, and it can't get enough lift pressure, then the motor
overheats and the unit shuts off, it fills with water, etc.,.

Its actually easy to repair, but to be honest, I would buy a newer
plastic one. A new 460V becket condensate pump is like $380, less for
230/208V.

-John

@news.com KJPRO

Jul 2, 2008, 12:46:06 AM7/2/08

"essenz" <jo...@essenz.com> wrote in message

> Its actually easy to repair, but to be honest, I would buy a newer
> plastic one. A new 460V becket condensate pump is like $380, less for
> 230/208V.

That's nice, but the "Beckett CB151UL condensate pump" is a 120 V model.

over a barrel

Jul 2, 2008, 3:26:12 AM7/2/08

"essenz" <jo...@essenz.com> wrote in message

> and it can't get enough lift pressure

IIRC "lift" has absolutely nothing at all to do with submerged pumps, your
refrence to "lift pressure" above apparently being something you've pulled
out of your ass...instead, the distance above the water surface is what
ismore important here, iow you have the resultant pressure of gravity caused
by a static water collumn--which is added to your system pressure...the
resultant value being referred to as "total head pressure"

ai

Jul 21, 2008, 10:28:44 AM7/21/08
ai had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Beckett-CB151UL-Condensate-Pump-33417-.htm
:
Good morning.
It is a shame when home owners look to the web for some basic info re:
CB151, and those in the know can only be sarcastic. Once you've
disconnected the pump and taken it apart, try flushing the chamber with a
mixture of vinegar and water. Aggitate left and right, trying not to wet
the electronics. Rinse. If this doesn't take care of it as it did for me,
then you have to look into replacing seal.
At any point, if you have no luck, look into calling for help.
I don't think the members here are looking to help, only to chastise you
for not hiring one of their kind.
The days of helping an inquiring homeowner died on the prairie.

-------------------------------------
jsf...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,

> Thanks.

alt.hvac - 25054 messages and counting!

Zyp

Jul 21, 2008, 11:16:27 AM7/21/08
ai wrote:
> ai had written this in response to
> http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Beckett-CB151UL-Condensate-Pump-33417-.htm
>>
> Good morning.
> It is a shame when home owners look to the web for some basic info re:
> CB151, and those in the know can only be sarcastic. Once you've
> disconnected the pump and taken it apart, try flushing the chamber
> with a mixture of vinegar and water. Aggitate left and right, trying
> not to wet the electronics. Rinse. If this doesn't take care of it as
> it did for me, then you have to look into replacing seal.
> At any point, if you have no luck, look into calling for help.
> I don't think the members here are looking to help, only to chastise
> you for not hiring one of their kind.
> The days of helping an inquiring homeowner died on the prairie.
>
> -------------------------------------
> jsf...@gmail.com wrote:

That's only because they have a family to feed and a house payment, which
from what I can tell, most people aren't sending in as of late.

--
Zyp

Stormin Mormon

Jul 21, 2008, 10:13:03 PM7/21/08
Sounds like your tube is clogged. Replace tube. Regrets, I've got gmail
users blocked, so saw your question through someone else.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ai" <aiunau_at_y...@foo.com> wrote in message

GORF

Jul 21, 2008, 10:41:50 PM7/21/08

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sounds like your tube is clogged. Replace tube. Regrets, I've got gmail
> users blocked, so saw your question through someone else.

Un block it you fucking moron this shit typically only happens in the s trap
and unless the whole thing was installed by a retard such as yourself. the
rest of the runs are near vertical or at least have horizontal slope
sufficient that gravity will empty completely upon each fan off cycle.

@news.com KJPRO

Jul 22, 2008, 12:59:00 AM7/22/08

"ai" <aiunau_at_y...@foo.com> wrote in message
> ai had written this in response to
> http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Beckett-CB151UL-Condensate-Pump-33417-.htm
> :
> Good morning.
> It is a shame when home owners look to the web for some basic info re:
> CB151, and those in the know can only be sarcastic. Once you've
> disconnected the pump and taken it apart, try flushing the chamber with a
> mixture of vinegar and water. Aggitate left and right, trying not to wet
> the electronics. Rinse. If this doesn't take care of it as it did for me,
> then you have to look into replacing seal.
> At any point, if you have no luck, look into calling for help.
> I don't think the members here are looking to help, only to chastise you
> for not hiring one of their kind.
> The days of helping an inquiring homeowner died on the prairie.
>
> -------------------------------------
> jsf...@gmail.com wrote:

God forbid him to replace a $40 pump...
Geez...

Noon-Air

Jul 22, 2008, 8:56:53 AM7/22/08

"KJPRO" <KJPRO @ NEWS . COM> wrote in message

Some folks just don't realize that their most precious commodity is their
time. If they want to waste theirs screwing around with trying to
resuscitate an old POS pump instead of spending a couple of dollars, thats
on them. I gotta wonder just how many hours they have spent on this little
project, and how much their time is worth.

Message has been deleted

jdavem...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 8:11:02 PM2/2/14

jdavem...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 8:11:53 PM2/2/14

polleke

Feb 25, 2014, 8:06:36 AM2/25/14
On 03/02/2014 02:11, jdavem...@gmail.com wrote:
> Beckett CB151U
take off the hose and put in the power plug, if working proper then hose
is blocked, the impeller can be blocked, open the pump and while power
plug is in your left hand feel with your fingers if motor is turning on
the impeeller.

DrLen

May 21, 2015, 9:44:03 PM5/21/15
replying to jsforks, DrLen wrote:
THE OUTPUT HOSE IS BLOCKED!! Possibly clamped along with wires, tubes, etc
it should be free or loosely zip-tied.

MultiMeter

Jul 16, 2016, 6:44:02 PM7/16/16
replying to Zyp, MultiMeter wrote:
cmon guys, you who are giving him a hard time for diagnosing his own pump, and
btw, ive seen more inclined individuals have less of clue ...anyway, if youre
relying on a condensate pump to feed your family, or pay your mortgage, maybe
YOU arent cut out for the job. If you were any good, you wouldnt be scared of
a diy homeowner, cuz youd be covered up in work. Boom, drop the mic... Now
I'VE got work to do

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/beckett-cb151ul-condensate-pump-33417-.htm

PaxPerPoten

Jul 16, 2016, 11:23:21 PM7/16/16
go fuck yourself! Hacks not allowed. Take the idiot Mormon with you.

--
"...I am committed against every thing which in my judgement, may
weaken, endanger, or destroy [The constitution]...and especially against

Bill

Jul 17, 2016, 1:22:08 AM7/17/16
PaxPerPoten wrote:
> go fuck yourself! Hacks not allowed.

Don't worry about him folks, he's just a single *****, and we out-number
it 5000 to 1 or more.
He (or she?) makes posts like that all the time.

PaxPerPoten

Jul 17, 2016, 1:38:00 AM7/17/16
On 7/17/2016 12:21 AM, Bill wrote:
> PaxPerPoten wrote:
>> go fuck yourself! Hacks not allowed.
>
> Don't worry about him folks, he's just a single *****, and we out-number
> it 5000 to 1 or more.
> He (or she?) makes posts like that all the time.

Between you and Stormie...Which one is the wife...Or do you take turns?

MultiMeter

Jul 18, 2016, 7:44:02 AM7/18/16
replying to PaxPerPoten, MultiMeter wrote:
The only thing im hacking is all my scap from my full 7 day work week...
-Mortgage Paid - Check
-Family fed- Check
-Condensate pumps that made it for me: 0
- Stayed busy because of word of mouth customers that I treated with respect,
didnt insult or act like like an ignorant redneck.
Bubba: "hey how u even brush your teeth"? You cant even spell "pitiful" and
you tried twice..
Bill: somethin tells me you struggle with most everything, but its never your
fault. Generally when your initial response is "Fuck You" , you dont have many
repeat customers ...and nothing is ever your fault. You can call me a hack all
you like, i can out service, out diagnose, out install at least 98% of
technicians and installers; im pretty sure of that because i have real life
awards for "Installer of the Year, 2011", "Service Technician of the year
2015"- at a business that has over 100 installation crews, and 300 service
techs. Coming to a city near you, very soon, to buy up the good businesses,
and dry up the crappy ones. Which side will you be on?

PaxPerPoten

Jul 18, 2016, 5:01:07 PM7/18/16
Dream on...You and the overweight Mormon are a good match.
No mortgage here! Have licensed business in 3 states. we delegate your
kind to the failing Home moaners web page that brought you here. Usually
keep an eye on your kind as you like to skim our customers for yourself.
That is why you are soooo into home moaners... grab up their business
with no liability while legitimate companies paying scale and Benefits
have to be liable. Hell, your not even enterprising enough to build your
own News group. How much insurance have you procured...None!! I thought
so. I have time to internet if I wish...You do too, as obviously your
not working! ;-p

george

Dec 11, 2016, 11:14:02 AM12/11/16
replying to Bill, george wrote:
Bill
You helped me solve my problem. Just ignore that other fellow. I pray for
him. Wish I could ease his pain.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/beckett-cb151ul-condensate-pump-33417-.htm

Steve Spence

Jan 31, 2017, 2:44:03 PM1/31/17
replying to PaxPerPoten, Steve Spence wrote:
The mormon died. Hope y'all are happy ....

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/beckett-cb151ul-condensate-pump-33417-.htm

PAT

Jul 23, 2017, 5:44:05 PM7/23/17
replying to KJPRO, PAT wrote:
SUCH A HARD TIME & INSULTING TO A DIY-amptee, be ashamed of yourself !!
BTW the Beckett CB151UL 1.7a, 60hz, 115v IS ONLY $37 on
e-bay==25JUL17

PAT

Jul 23, 2017, 5:44:06 PM7/23/17
replying to KJPRO, PAT wrote:
SHAME on the BADMOUTHS !!
Type in the stuff in quotes above, or use:
http://www.beckettpumps.com/industrial/product.php?productid=14 It has (2)
pages; 1) is installation & parts diagram; 2) is maintenance & limited 1 yr
warranty.

catalpa

Jul 24, 2017, 9:52:35 PM7/24/17

"PAT" <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef...@example.com> wrote in message
That is a 9 YEAR OLD post you are replying to.

The OP had the basement flood and was electrocuted when they touched the
pump.

Dolbstar9221

Oct 12, 2021, 9:01:42 PM10/12/21
You're a fucking asshole, man. This person is was just trying to get some answers and you have to make yourself seem "smart" be putting someone down. I'd like to rip your asshole wide open and see you stop that leak, you fucking scumbag

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/beckett-cb151ul-condensate-pump-33417-.htm