bananas

Jason Evans

Aug 8, 2021, 6:34:48 AM8/8/21
At the trial, the man is found guilty of multiple murders and sentenced
to death.

Before he faces his sentence, he's offered a last meal, and asks for a
single banana, which is given to him. The next day, he's led to the
electric chair. They strap him in, pull the switch, and... nothing
happens.

There's never been a failure before. But because you cannot punish a
person twice for the same crime, the court is forced to let him go free.

Within a week's time, naturally, the man, who is obsessed with trains,
goes and steals another one. He doesn't care that he can't drive it or
that he failed catastrophically before; he is obsessed with trains and
his only desire is to operate one. As before, he crashes it, and kills
several people. Again, he stands trial, and again, he is sentenced to
death, showing no remorse, only delight that he got to operate the train.

His last meal request is a single banana.

When he goes to the chair, the executioner pulls the switch, but nothing
happens. He goes free again.

The train-obsessed maniac, once more on the loose, wastes no time in
hijacking a train and crashing it.

His trial is speedy, because this has already happened twice, and he is
sentenced to death. They ask him what he'd like for his last meal.

"A single banana," he says.

"Oh, no you don't, you son of a bitch. We're on to you, now. We know all
about your little banana trick, and you're not escaping this time!" The
guards refuse his request, and instead serve him a standard last meal of
steak, potatoes, and berry cobbler.

The next morning they strap him into the electric chair, pull the switch,
and... nothing happens.

"Did you give him the banana?" demands the head guard.

"No, sir! He asked for the banana but we didn't give it to him, we
swear!" says one of the guards.

Turns out the banana had nothing to do with anything. He was just a
really bad conductor.

(shamelessly stolen from Reddit)

Jason Evans

Aug 8, 2021, 6:41:21 AM8/8/21
Sorry the first line didn't paste...

A man obsessed with trains finally steals one and immediately crashes it,
killing several people. At the trial, the man is found guilty of multiple

Mike

Aug 8, 2021, 11:15:20 AM8/8/21
On Aug 8, 2021, Jason Evans wrote
(in article <seoccg$hua$1...@theuse.news.theuse.net>):
Is that why the Army also gave him a bad conduct discharge??

Michael LeVine
mle...@redshift.com

Politics is the art of looking for trouble,
finding it everywhere,
diagnosing it incorrectly,
and applying the wrong remedies.
Groucho Marx

Jason Evans

Aug 9, 2021, 4:32:52 AM8/9/21
On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 08:15:13 -0700, Mike wrote:

> Is that why the Army also gave him a bad conduct discharge??

It's shocking that the Army would discharge anyone.

Mike

Aug 9, 2021, 4:46:35 AM8/9/21
On Aug 9, 2021, Jason Evans wrote
(in article <seqp7j$7o2$1...@theuse.news.theuse.net>):

> On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 08:15:13 -0700, Mike wrote:
>
> > Is that why the Army also gave him a bad conduct discharge??
>
> It's shocking that the Army would discharge anyone.

He was charged with battery.
Message has been deleted

Elle

Aug 10, 2021, 9:21:32 AM8/10/21
On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 1:46:35 AM UTC-7, Mike wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2021, Jason Evans wrote
> (in article <seqp7j$7o2$1...@theuse.news.theuse.net>):
> > On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 08:15:13 -0700, Mike wrote:
> >
> > > Is that why the Army also gave him a bad conduct discharge??
> >
> > It's shocking that the Army would discharge anyone.
> He was charged with battery.

Likely because there was sure to be a re-volt if they hadn't.

Mike

Aug 10, 2021, 11:06:13 AM8/10/21
On Aug 10, 2021, Elle wrote
(in article<46593bb5-4cd2-437c...@googlegroups.com>):
Current standards would have considered that a re-volt-ing development

Elle

Aug 15, 2021, 11:21:02 AM8/15/21
Some folks turn negative charges into positive outcomes.

Mike

Aug 15, 2021, 2:31:08 PM8/15/21
On Aug 15, 2021, Elle wrote
(in article<a266257f-0549-4b9a...@googlegroups.com>):
Or send you to the old volts home.

Wombrat

Aug 16, 2021, 12:24:44 AM8/16/21
On 16/08/2021 2:31 AM, Mike wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2021, Elle wrote
> (in article<a266257f-0549-4b9a...@googlegroups.com>):
>
>> On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 8:06:13 AM UTC-7, Mike wrote:
>>> On Aug 10, 2021, Elle wrote
>>> (in article<46593bb5-4cd2-437c...@googlegroups.com>):

>>> Current standards would have considered that a re-volt-ing development
>> Some folks turn negative charges into positive outcomes.
>
> Or send you to the old volts home.

Not much chance of that unless they induce some more capacity.

Mike

Aug 16, 2021, 3:21:11 AM8/16/21
On Aug 15, 2021, Wombrat wrote
(in article <sfcpab$uci$1...@dont-email.me>):
Not much chance due to the impedance from the bean counters.

Elle

Aug 16, 2021, 9:05:06 AM8/16/21
On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 12:21:11 AM UTC-7, Mike wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2021, Wombrat wrote
> (in article <sfcpab$uci$1...@dont-email.me>):
> > On 16/08/2021 2:31 AM, Mike wrote:
> > > On Aug 15, 2021, Elle wrote
> > > (in article<a266257f-0549-4b9a...@googlegroups.com>):

> > > Or send you to the old volts home.
> >
> > Not much chance of that unless they induce some more capacity.
> Not much chance due to the impedance from the bean counters.
Folks always think the economic solution is alternating current political party in power...but joule notice we just trade one problem for another.

Mike

Aug 16, 2021, 2:33:53 PM8/16/21
On Aug 16, 2021, Elle wrote
(in article<a1ab5a63-ba5f-4e0e...@googlegroups.com>):
It hertz that you you’d claim such a thing. Just watt were you thinking
when you said it?
Are you trying to sievert the facts??

William B. (Billby)

Aug 29, 2021, 4:56:04 AM8/29/21
Wire we waiting so long for a positive charge?

Mike

Aug 29, 2021, 1:58:32 PM8/29/21
On Aug 29, 2021, William B. (Billby) wrote
(in article<8MqdnQLbbPU_1rb8...@westnet.com.au>):
I am hoping for someone with more time on their hands to proton the effort to
conductor a survey.
Message has been deleted

Elle

Sep 14, 2021, 10:59:39 AM9/14/21
VARS I know, the powers that be are blocking the idea with their polarity gibberish.

Mike

Sep 14, 2021, 3:10:48 PM9/14/21
On Sep 14, 2021, Elle wrote
(in article<037ec088-4cf1-4d43...@googlegroups.com>):
Watt’s the problem with that?

William B. (Billby)

Sep 14, 2021, 10:18:28 PM9/14/21
It could be soup or conductor dis charges.

Don Stockbauer

Sep 14, 2021, 11:50:32 PM9/14/21
It's been scientifically determined that chimpanzees can actually create prostitution rings amongst themselves ; it took a long time to find this out but the going rate is three bananas.

William B. (Billby)

Sep 15, 2021, 2:45:44 AM9/15/21
With inflation it will soon be four skins.

--
Place your favourite idiotlogical rant here:
.

Mike

Sep 15, 2021, 4:28:16 AM9/15/21
On Sep 14, 2021, William B. (Billby) wrote
(in article<S9idncCSNPkKC9z8...@westnet.com.au>):
With the usual comdom-nation from the prudes who are not getting any.

Mike

Sep 15, 2021, 4:29:31 AM9/15/21
On Sep 14, 2021, William B. (Billby) wrote
(in article<BcSdnV_aVvBuytz8...@westnet.com.au>):
Is this going to tuen into an O-Henry story???

William B. (Billby)

Sep 15, 2021, 5:19:00 AM9/15/21

Mike

Sep 15, 2021, 11:48:06 AM9/15/21
On Sep 15, 2021, William B. (Billby) wrote
(in article<1JudnVu3BdIfJ9z8...@westnet.com.au>):
Not bad, but I will not choke on it.

Don Stockbauer

Sep 16, 2021, 8:29:44 AM9/16/21
Euclid had a really long line. Why, that sucker stretched to infinity.