The Mane thing

Steve P.

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

There was a farmer who had a horse that had a very long mane.
Every morning the farmer would go out and plow his fields, and
everything was fine until one day a flock of birds flew over and built
a nest in the horse's mane. That was bad enough, however, the birds
would tweet and tweet all morning so that the farmer couldn't get his
plowing done!
One day while the farmer was in town he ran into Gus, the
local know-it-all. Gus, the farmer said, this flock of birds have
built their nest in my horse's mane and all morning they tweet and
tweet and I can't get my plowing done! What should I do?
I've got the perfect solution said Gus. Go home and put some
yeast into the horse's mane, and all your troubles will be over!
Yeast!, the farmer exclaimed, what good will that do? Just try it,
said Gus!
So the farmer went home and put some yeast into the horse's
mane. Next morning the nest was gone, birds were gone, no more
incessant tweeting! The farmer was overjoyed! The next time he was in
town and ran into Gus, he asked Gus how he knew that putting yeast in
the horse's mane would get rid of the birds, the nest, and the
tweeting? Gus replied:
Yeast is yeast, and nest is nest, and never the mane shall tweet.

Adam and Eve lived appley ever after.

ph...@ix.netcom.com

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

What did the scoffers say before the Golden Spike was driven?

East is east, and west is west, and never the trains shall meet.

phma