Prayer

Stan Kegel

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99

A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold".

At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute -how come you
called God 'Harold'"?

The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in
church. You know the prayer we say, . . . "Our Father, who art in
Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."

J.A. McCulloch

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

Does that make Harold the owner of Gladly - the crosseyed bear?

bwe...@my-dejanews.com

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
In article <36FA6B...@concentric.net>,

I thought it was "Howard be Thy name."
Bear with me please.
bw

James D. Davis

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
J.A. McCulloch <xx...@concentric.net> wrote:
: Stan Kegel wrote:
: >
: > A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold".
: >
: > At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute -how come you
: > called God 'Harold'"?
: >
: > The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in
: > church. You know the prayer we say, . . . "Our Father, who art in
: > Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."

: Does that make Harold the owner of Gladly - the crosseyed bear?

They once sang a hymn on Deep Space 9: "Rock o' Bajor."
That was by permission of Kyra Liaison.

Jim "Litany Candles?" Davis

Scot Nelson

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:17:06 -0800, Stan Kegel <ke...@fea.net> wrote:

> A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold".
>
> At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute -how come you
>called God 'Harold'"?
>
> The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in
>church. You know the prayer we say, . . . "Our Father, who art in
>Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."

Sorry, this is not a pun, gang, but may be of interest:

LORD'S PRAYER

A Translation of "Our Father" directly from the Aramaic into
English (rather than from Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English)

O cosmic Birther of all radiance and vibration!

Soften the ground of our being and carve out a space within
us where your Presence can abide.

Fill us with your creativity so that we may be empowered to
bear the fruit of your mission.

Let each of our actions bear fruit in accordance with our desire.

Endow us with the wisdom to produce and share what each
being needs to grow and flourish.

Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind us, as we
release others from the entanglement of past mistakes.

Do not let us be seduced by that which would divert us
from our true purpose, but illuminate the opportunities
of the present moment.

For you are the ground and the fruitful vision, the birth-power
and fulfillment, as all is gathered and made whole once again.

by Mark Hathaway
-----------------------------
.S.

pml

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
James D. Davis wrote:

> J.A. McCulloch <xx...@concentric.net> wrote:
> : Stan Kegel wrote:
> : >
> : > A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold".
> : >
> : > At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute -how come you
> : > called God 'Harold'"?
> : >
> : > The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in
> : > church. You know the prayer we say, . . . "Our Father, who art in
> : > Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."
>
> : Does that make Harold the owner of Gladly - the crosseyed bear?
>
> They once sang a hymn on Deep Space 9: "Rock o' Bajor."
> That was by permission of Kyra Liaison.
>
> Jim "Litany Candles?" Davis

And then there's the dairy farmers' hymn - "What a Friend We Have in
Cheeses."

Why do people say Amen in church and not Awomen?
Because they sing hymns, not hers.

pml

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
bwe...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <36FA6B...@concentric.net>,

> xx...@concentric.net wrote:
> > Stan Kegel wrote:
> > >
> > > A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold".
> > >
> > > At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute -how come you
> > > called God 'Harold'"?
> > >
> > > The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in
> > > church. You know the prayer we say, . . . "Our Father, who art in
> > > Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."
> >
> > Does that make Harold the owner of Gladly - the crosseyed bear?
> >

> I thought it was "Howard be Thy name."
> Bear with me please.

These puns are getting unbearable.

Xaagone

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
Ok , these are ones that were spelled wrong on the overhead projector at my
church:

The CATTLE belongs to the Lord (battle)
You are my REFUSE and strength (refuge)
I will rise on BEAGLES wings (eagles)
Put your PEACH in me (peace)

there's a load more but I can't remember half of them...
-Xaagone

J.A. McCulloch

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99

Are you a wise person or a Yogi?

Greg Evans

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99

pml <lavi...@dhc.net> wrote in message
s.net...

> And then there's the dairy farmers' hymn - "What a Friend We Have in
> Cheeses."

...and, of course, "blessed are the cheesemakers"....