[rec.motorcycles] Re: *Boggle*

T. J. Higgins

Oct 7, 2013, 4:33:51 PM10/7/13
Subject: Re: *Boggle*
From: Lyle Gunderson <ly...@ahgi.com>
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles

On 2011-01-04 14:07:44 -0700, Bob Myers <nospam...@address.invalid> said:

> On 1/4/2011 1:57 PM, sean_q wrote:
>>

>> Which is that most Harley buyers *want* (enough to pay top dollar
>> for) an inefficient, unbalanced uneven-firing-order push-rod motor
>> designed back some time early in the Iron Age.
>>
>> Why? Who knows. I'm no expert in biker psychology. All I know is
>> that my Electra-Glide shook, rattled and rumbled in a pleasing way.
>> I regret selling it, and I miss it.
>
> Getting in touch with my inner Star Trek geek, this exchange
> (from "The Trouble With Tribbles," second season, original
> series) seems appropriate:
>
> McCoy: "Does everything have to have a practical use for you?
> They're nice, soft, and furry, and they make a pleasant sound."
>
> Spock: "So would an ermine violin, but I see no advantage in
> having one."

IIRC, there was one scene where Spock caught himself petting one of
the little critters. One of my favorite Spock scenes. Like certain
riders might catch themselves fondling an HD.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility