[cam.misc] Re: PCC deputy appointments ...

Naich

Jan 10, 2013, 10:12:48 PM1/10/13
Subject: Re: PCC deputy appointments ...
From: "Brian Watson" <Br...@imagebus.co.uk>
Newsgroups: cam.misc

"Martin Durkin" <nos...@williamsdurkin.co.uk> wrote in message
news:XnsA121BE885757Fma...@130.133.4.11...
> Patrick Gosling <jp...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in
>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20617867
>
> A bit rich from the conservative in that story saying "We want to see an
> open, transparent process where the best person gets the job."
>
> It's not just the Cambridgeshire guy appointing party cronies. The
> Northants PCC has appointed his election campaign agent plus a few others.
> <<http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/06/police-commissioners-accused-of-
> power-grab>>
>
> Looks like they are all at it.

That just registered "bugger-all" on my Am I Surprised? scale.

I spy a new word: Cynicure = noun, a super-secure job that comes with a high
salary, requires very little work without any meaningful corresponding
responsibility, and which elicits tuts and groans of derision from the
public.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility