[rec.motorcycles] Re: How do I get DECALS OFF KLR plastic pannels?

T. J. Higgins

Jun 17, 2014, 10:05:30 AM6/17/14
Subject: Re: How do I get DECALS OFF KLR plastic pannels?
From: Mark Olson <ols...@tiny.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles

On 2014-03-30 8:02 PM, rob...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 14, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, RGA...@SOUND.NET wrote:
>> The decals on my KLR plastic pannels are peeling up around the edges
>> and looking ratty. Any advice on howw to remove the old decals???
>> Thanks, rga...@sound.net
>

> Good day,
>
> I removed the today off my 2012 KLR and IMHO it looks cleaner and sharper!
>
> I live in the Florida Keys, and since the ambient temps are pretty warm, I didn't need added heat or chemicals to remove the stickers...
>
> I simply peeled back a corner, starting slowly pulling in the opposite direction, and most of the stickers came off in once piece. A quick wipe down afterward with goo-gone took away residue adhesive.

I think the original poster has had ~18 years to slowly peel off his
decals, so by now he should be mostly finished.

My recurring problem with my two KLRs is taking off the yesterday. Today can
take care of itself.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility