[rec.games.roguelike.nethack] Big trouble in Little Minetown

1 view

Thorsten Michels

Nov 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/8/00
Subject: Big trouble in Little Minetown
From: ru-...@online.no (Rune Ness)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack

[This post contains images of graphic viol^W^W^W^W ASCII art and
is best viewed with a monospaced font]

[And to top it off, the original post contained new and improved
Tab-damage, now with extra spaces! Hope this Supersede stuff works!]

Auuuugh! I'm up a certain creek with no paddle in the Minetown!
A virtual beer to anyone who can save me from this fine mess:

After my knight died, I started a monk. He's been doing fine until
now, and got the Luckstone from the bottom of the Mines. On his way
down there he also got a /WoCM and a Bag of Tricks, and, joy of joys,
a co-aligned altar in the Minetown. Deciding to sacrifice to appease
Huan-Ti for my meat-eating sins[1], I reached into my BoT and pulled
out an Ogre lord!

"Woo-hoo!", I thought, "That'll please the Big Guy for sure!" And
then the Ogre lord reads a scroll...

Check this out:

--.[..1-----
.....o......
..)...1..{..
...--o---...
--1|oWYY|.--
+.|.OE:|1|
|.|Qk@@|.+ <----------------------------------------------------.
|.|aaRg|.| |
--.------.-- |
............ |
------------ |
^ |
| |
`--> That's me, on the altar, above the rust monster.[2] <--'

I am SURROUNDED by a gremlin, a rust monster, a kobold, two giant
beetles, a stalker, the Ogre lord, a barrow wight, a yeti, a gecko,
an owlbear, and several Mordor orcs. (The Q is my pet, formerly he
was a bone demon, before that a blue dragon, then a giant beetle,
then a Gnome king, then a dog. Poor Spot! Lots of polymorph traps
and chameleons so far =)

I've got scrolls of teleport in a bag, will I survive long enough to
get them out and read them? I have a /WoMM in my main inventory, if
I should stand my ground, where should I point it first? Other than
that, I have three potions of healing and my Healing spell.

Any ideas? Any at all? Please?

Oops, almost forgot, I'm XL 10, with -5 AC, 95/95 HP and 48/48 Pw.

Rune "Dead Meat" Ness

[1] Yeah, I know, it's not appeasement as such... But that's just
such a cool word!

[2] That's me on the altar,
That's me above the rust monster,
Losing my possessions.
Trying to keep my life,
But I don't know if I can do it.
Oh no, I've played too much!
I haven't played enough...
(With apologies to R.E.M.)

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility