IPv6 vs XHTML specification.

Miner

May 13, 2022, 11:48:15 AM5/13/22
How to make hyperlink to IPv6 address without violation of XHTML
specification?

--
Miner

Lewis

May 13, 2022, 2:47:18 PM5/13/22
In message <t5lujl$dg6$1...@txtcon.i2p> Miner <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> How to make hyperlink to IPv6 address without violation of XHTML
> specification?

You will have to be way more detailed in what your issue is.

Also, why the fuck XHTML? that was an experiment that utterly failed,
which is why we have a much more sensible and clean HTML5.

--
'And I suppose you know what sound is made by one hand clapping, do
you?' said the holy man nastily. YES. CL. THE OTHER HAND MAKES

JJ

May 13, 2022, 7:58:10 PM5/13/22
On Fri, 13 May 2022 15:48:07 -0000 (UTC), Miner wrote:
> How to make hyperlink to IPv6 address without violation of XHTML
> specification?

Make sure the IPv6 address is wrapped using square brackets. e.g.

https://[::1]/

And AFAIK you'll have to use Transitional XHTML, instead of Strict.

Miner

May 14, 2022, 4:28:54 AM5/14/22
I have use "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN".

On line '<a
href="http://[218:e61f:301a:8985:d364:9076:5680:2771]">IPv6</a>'
Tidy 5.7.45 complain: "line 39 column 82 - Warning: <a> illegal
characters found in URI".

--
Miner

Miner

May 14, 2022, 4:46:03 AM5/14/22

Tidy complain on hyperlink: http://[::1]/

> Also, why the fuck XHTML? that was an experiment that utterly
> failed, which is why we have a much more sensible and clean
> HTML5.

XHTML satisfy all my needs, except this one rudiment.

--
Miner

JJ

May 14, 2022, 10:20:48 PM5/14/22
On Sat, 14 May 2022 08:28:37 -0000 (UTC), Miner wrote:

> I have use "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN".
>
> On line '<a
> href="http://[218:e61f:301a:8985:d364:9076:5680:2771]">IPv6</a>'
> Tidy 5.7.45 complain: "line 39 column 82 - Warning: <a> illegal
> characters found in URI".

Use W3C's Validator. Don't use third party software/library.

Lewis

May 16, 2022, 2:56:58 AM5/16/22
In message <t5nq84$jhn$1...@txtcon.i2p> Miner <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Lewis wrote:

>> In message <t5lujl$dg6$1...@txtcon.i2p> Miner <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> > How to make hyperlink to IPv6 address without violation of
>> > XHTML specification?
>>
>> You will have to be way more detailed in what your issue is.

> Tidy complain on hyperlink: http://[::1]/

Tidy complaining is not an indication of violating XHTML spec.

This is the validation check <https://validator.w3.org/nu/>

>> Also, why the fuck XHTML? that was an experiment that utterly
>> failed, which is why we have a much more sensible and clean
>> HTML5.

> XHTML satisfy all my needs, except this one rudiment.

Again, there is no reasons to use XHTML and good reasons not to, but
you be you. You *will* have problems because XHTML has been pretty much
abandoned.

--
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry -- or anything else.