My Introductory Post

gbowne1

Mar 29, 2007, 3:19:52 AM3/29/07
Hello all,

I'm thinking about designing and building this car, which I think
would be very cool. Here are some basics on it. I have some plans in
mind for what I would like to build. Here's a kind of list of the
things I would like to include. Can someone reply with comments on
what would work well with this combination?

The basic car:

Engine: GM 350 Small Block (maybe LT1) (originally thought about 305
or 383)
Transmission: TH350 Auto Trans
Chassis: Custom Built using 2"x4"x 0.250" chassis tubing
Rear End: 3.08:1 GM 10 bolt rear w/Posi (could also be 8 or 9" Ford 28
or 31 spline)
Wheels: 15x7's Front & Rear
Tires: Michelin 195/75R15's.
Wheelbase: 113"
Body: 4dr Sedan
Steering: Power Steering, Flaming River Joints, Ididit Column, Flaming
River Rack,
Brakes:
Type: Front Disc / Rear Drum
Mfg: OEM/GM or Wilwood or Raybestos (maybe Superlite or Dynalite??)
Size: 11" up
Exhaust: Flowmaster Delta 40 or 50 series, 2 ¼" or 2 ½" size?
Suspension: Mustang II IFS, maybe Heidts or Fatmans
ECM/ECU: General Motors (those made after 1987 to 1992?) sounds like
#1227727, 7730 and 7747 all work.
Ignition: HEI using MSD 6A or 6AL
Gauges: VDO Cockpit Black
Fuel: TBI or TPI? MAP or MAF? Rochester Q-Jet 4MV/M4MV/E4M (for
carbs?)
Fuel Tank Cap: 18 gal custom made
Sound System: Pioneer KEH-P4020 w/ 4 or 5" Front's 6x9 Rear by
Infiniti Kappa
Filtration: K&N E-1650 14" filter ??
Intake: Edelbrock Performer, i.e. #2101 or #3101
Cooling: couldn't settle on a brand.. US Radiatior, Modine, Walker,
Griffin, etc?
Fan: SPAL 14 or 16"??
Paint: an interesting Red color called "Rosso Red" (Boyd Red is too
expensive for me!)
Seating: Recaro? Rear Bench. Heated Ft. seats? Power Seats?

Oh yeah, and I have a Saginaw 4spd Casting #3915032. The tailshaft is
#3880042 or 3860042. The casting of the # isn't very clear. I have a
TH350 from craigslist I got for $75. Someone had it on their '75
Camaro project. It needs some work but could be usable.

I'd like it to be able to handle 170mph, possibly up to 3200 rpm @ 60
or 65mph. Not that I'd drive that fast.. under 85 is the norm here..
any faster and you'd get busted. I'm not a track driver or street
racer either. LoL.

I got other ideas but these are the basics. I have plans on what I'm
putting in whatever engine I buy. I had a text file with a list of
oddball parts that might go in the project. Need help with sorting
out the details.. I'm a newbie! I don't wanna come off sounding like
a troller for information.. but I'd like to get more ideas here.

Thanks in advance. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Greg B.
Seattle, WA
moc.oohay@1enwobg (backwards!)