EGR exhaust manifold plugs-

Bill

Aug 31, 2006, 7:15:59 AM8/31/06
Hi-

A friend has an '88 flatbed with a 454. The AIR lines from the
exhaust to the intake are shot. We're ordering new parts but we still
have to use the truck. The threads on the nuts which hold the AIR lines
in the manifold appear to be 7/8-18 (the 18 tpi is correct but I'm not
sure if the diameter is actually 7/8 as a caliper measured it slightly
less);

Anyhow- does anyone know if there is a plug type piece with the
correct threads we can use in these exhaust manifolds until our new
lines arrive?

thanks-
Bill

James Drinkwater

Feb 19, 2007, 12:40:14 PM2/19/07
I suppose you could get some brass plugs from Ace Hardware. Don't know
about expansion rates, so if something cracks, it's on you:) Probably not a
big deal but consider using some anti-seize on the threads.
Drink

"Bill" <edi...@newpaltz.edu> wrote in message