THE HOST (2006)

Jared

Aug 20, 2020, 2:29:15 AM8/20/20
My attempt at a bit of mindless escapism with an old-fashioned monster movie didn't work so well. I'd forgotten the mutated beast causes central Seoul to be quarantined for a SARS-variant virus.

I was also triggered by the Korean's sheeple compliance to mask-wearing. Are they not Sovereign Citizens?

Dr Walpurgis

Aug 20, 2020, 3:27:29 AM8/20/20
The bartons have always been MASKTARDS.

ReVulse

Aug 22, 2020, 7:19:16 AM8/22/20
On a vaguely connected topic, have you seen HOST which is a lockdown
movie. A group of friends conduct a seance over Zoom. It's far from
great, but only an hour long and isn't actually that bad for what it is.

--
#Andy#

The White Lady

Aug 24, 2020, 2:13:23 AM8/24/20
ReVulse <ReV...@psychaoticREMOVETHIS.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in news:rhquvi$42m
$1...@dont-email.me:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 23:29:13 -0700, Jared wrote:
>
>> My attempt at a bit of mindless escapism with an old-fashioned monster
>> movie didn't work so well. I'd forgotten the mutated beast causes
>> central Seoul to be quarantined for a SARS-variant virus.
>>
>> I was also triggered by the Korean's sheeple compliance to mask-wearing.
>> Are they not Sovereign Citizens?
>
> On a vaguely connected topic, have you seen HOST which is a lockdown
> movie.

I was bored of this genre before it even began.

Blackwingbear

Aug 27, 2020, 8:18:14 PM8/27/20
On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 2:29:15 AM UTC-4, Jared wrote:
> My attempt at a bit of mindless escapism with an old-fashioned monster movie didn't work so well. I'd forgotten the mutated beast causes central Seoul to be quarantined for a SARS-variant virus.

Well, at least it has a pandemic.

Jared

Aug 28, 2020, 1:21:05 AM8/28/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 10:18:14 AM UTC+10, Blackwingbear wrote:

> Well, at least it has a pandemic.

SPOILER

Much like the current one (amirite Dr W?) it's a hoax.

Latest attempt at escapism is THE DEEP by Nick Cutter about scary monsters living at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

First chapter: there's a pandemic wiping out everyone on the planet. Yeah, great, that'd be right.