SQUID GAME

Jared

Oct 5, 2021, 11:56:14 PM10/5/21
Sorry - unlike everyone else on the planet I haven't actually watched this.

I did watch ALICE IN BORDERLAND though and it's probably the same thing.
CUBE meets BATTLE ROYALE in a deserted Tokyo and woudn't you know our
nerdy gamer hero just happens to be excellent at playing the lethal games set
up by party or parties unknown.

The games themselves range from rididulously difficult (how is everyone not
already dead) to minor distraction as the plot demands, but there's no shortage
of violent happenings and the story is twisty enough to keep you watching the
next episode.

Give it a go or stick to SQUID GAME. Whatever.

The White Lady

Oct 6, 2021, 7:41:56 AM10/6/21
Jared <bi...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Sorry - unlike everyone else on the planet I haven't actually watched
> this.

Apparently its popularity is something to do with TWAT-TOK. Reason enough
for me to pay it no attention whatsoever.

the dog from that film you saw

Oct 6, 2021, 12:19:43 PM10/6/21
have it downloaded, just need time to watch now, limit myself to 1 tv
show a day.

Andrew

Oct 6, 2021, 1:03:03 PM10/6/21
CUBE meets BATTLE ROYALE sounds like a fun mashup.

Andrew

Jared

Oct 6, 2021, 10:27:26 PM10/6/21
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 10:41:56 PM UTC+11, The White Lady wrote:

> Apparently its popularity is something to do with TWAT-TOK. Reason enough
> for me to pay it no attention whatsoever.

It's not really fair. Ultra-violent Korean TV series, I'd be all over it - if it was OBSCURE -
but everybody likes it so it's ruined.

Jared

Oct 6, 2021, 10:28:44 PM10/6/21
On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 4:03:03 AM UTC+11, Andrew wrote:

> CUBE meets BATTLE ROYALE sounds like a fun mashup.

I'm getting old because when I mentioned BATTLE ROYALE at work the other day
someone thought I meant FORTNITE.

It's just turned 20 years old.

Andrew

Oct 7, 2021, 4:12:16 PM10/7/21
I can play this game.

I'm so old I've seen multiple Amicus films in the theatre when they were
first released!

On second thought, this might be a depressing game.

Andrew

Jared

Oct 10, 2021, 9:30:07 PM10/10/21
On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 7:12:16 AM UTC+11, Andrew wrote:

> I'm so old I've seen multiple Amicus films in the theatre when they were
> first released!

I'm so old I think DAWN OF THE DEAD is a movie by George Romero.

Jared

Oct 10, 2021, 9:31:23 PM10/10/21
On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 4:03:03 AM UTC+11, Andrew wrote:

> CUBE...

Talking of which, looks like it's getting a Japanese reboot:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13975458/

The White Lady

Oct 11, 2021, 4:40:33 AM10/11/21
Jared <bi...@hotmail.com> wrote in
Being nowhere near as fucking hardcore as I am, Mr White Lady insisted on
watching it. I hate to say it but it's pretty fucking good. Just watch it
and don't tell anybody.

ReVulse

Oct 11, 2021, 12:57:49 PM10/11/21
I plan on watching it. The premise sounds similar to AS THE GODS WILL
(which was No.1 on my list of best films for 2015).

--
#Andy#

Jared

Oct 12, 2021, 10:13:55 PM10/12/21
On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 7:40:33 PM UTC+11, The White Lady wrote:

> Being nowhere near as fucking hardcore as I am, Mr White Lady insisted on
> watching it. I hate to say it but it's pretty fucking good. Just watch it
> and don't tell anybody.

If he puts up with you he must be pretty hardcore.

I watched the first episode. Basically ALICE IN BORDERLAND with the first
30 mins of THE HOST tacked on at the start.

Jared

Oct 12, 2021, 10:18:09 PM10/12/21
On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 3:57:49 AM UTC+11, ReVulse wrote:

> I plan on watching it. The premise sounds similar to AS THE GODS WILL
> (which was No.1 on my list of best films for 2015).

Never heard of it. Looks like Miike is still churning them out at high speed.