The Crow -- Salvation

Y2kvan5047

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Who all has heard about the sequel that's coming out the 2000 year? that would
like to go see it,or the people that don't want to go see it when it comes out?
I would like to see the third "Crow" film when it comes out next year.

Marcus

Dr Walpurgis

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99

Y2kvan5047 wrote:

My best mate is currently re-writing it.

_______________________________________
Se questo website non ti spaventa
...sei già morto!
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/3390

daemon

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

Dr Walpurgis wrote:

> Y2kvan5047 wrote:
>
> > Who all has heard about the sequel that's coming out the 2000 year? that would
> > like to go see it,or the people that don't want to go see it when it comes out?
> > I would like to see the third "Crow" film when it comes out next year.
>
> My best mate is currently re-writing it.

Why the fuck is some one re-writing it ? When Rob Zombie was asked to write and
direct it I thought the series was gonna get the treatment it deserved. For those of
you who haven't heard about it. The story was supposed to be about a young boy and
his mother who are killed by a Satanic priest. The boy comes back but is too young to
remember anything, 10 years later he grows up to a bounty hunter and starts
remebering what happened to him thanks to "The Crow". Over that time the priest has
become very powerfull and has assembeled an army which the Bounty Hunter has to go
through to get to the priest. Best part of all was that Trent Rezor (the band Nine
Inch Nails) was rumored to play the lead. It was to be this ultra violent kick ass
futuristic action flick which I hear will now resemble the shitty TV series more then
anything else. A great example of braindead morons who don't know what the fuck their
doing. This really pisses me off cause I was a fan of "The Crow" even before the
movie came out. I loved the comic book series. Hell, I even died my hair jet black,
pained my face, put on a trench coat, strapped on my 18 hole boots and went to see
it on opening night. Which no one did for the first! Later all the wanna-be-me's did
the same for the sequel.

I ain't tryin to put your bud down Doc! I just hope he does "The Crow" some justice!
daemon.

Bob Carrick

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
The movie is about more then ultra violent kick ass anything... Trent Reznor
didn't deserve the lead...The story was great, I liked that idea, but it was
one of 3 floating around Hollywood....His lost, sucks to be him....

Bob

--
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary...
For those who do not, none will suffice...

WideScreenPig

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

The Rob Zombie project may be resurrected as a non-CROW film. The
reason that it was pulled was that the boys at Dimension liked it TOO
much - they thought the supporting characters were more interesting
than the Crow aspects of the picture, and wanted to make them the
focus for an all-new (and hopefully franchisable) film.

WideScreenPig

"I don't believe that evil comes out of madness...

I believe that madness comes out of evil."

- Col. Kane

Dr Walpurgis

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

daemon wrote:

> Why the fuck is some one re-writing it ? When Rob Zombie was asked to write and
> direct it I thought the series was gonna get the treatment it deserved. For those of
> you who haven't heard about it. The story was supposed to be about a young boy and
> his mother who are killed by a Satanic priest. The boy comes back but is too young to
> remember anything, 10 years later he grows up to a bounty hunter and starts
> remebering what happened to him thanks to "The Crow". Over that time the priest has
> become very powerfull and has assembeled an army which the Bounty Hunter has to go
> through to get to the priest. Best part of all was that Trent Rezor (the band Nine
> Inch Nails) was rumored to play the lead. It was to be this ultra violent kick ass
> futuristic action flick which I hear will now resemble the shitty TV series more then
> anything else. A great example of braindead morons who don't know what the fuck their
> doing. This really pisses me off cause I was a fan of "The Crow" even before the
> movie came out. I loved the comic book series. Hell, I even died my hair jet black,
> pained my face, put on a trench coat, strapped on my 18 hole boots and went to see
> it on opening night. Which no one did for the first! Later all the wanna-be-me's did
> the same for the sequel.

British director Bharat Nalluri (responsible for the critically-panned DOWNTIME) is
directing.

> I ain't tryin to put your bud down Doc! I just hope he does "The Crow" some justice!

I can't really say much more, but don't get your hopes up.

FrMerrin

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

I rather liked DOWNTIME. But it was a bit much expecting the audience
to swallow diasaster after disaster happening to someone as dull as
Paul "Not a proper Doctor Who" McGann.

Mike

"An Englishman is always two whiskies below par"
Graham Greene

WideScreenPig

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:40:09 GMT, fr.m...@virgin.net (FrMerrin)
wrote:

I liked Paul McGann as Doctor Who. The story they gave him wasn't
much, but I though he was a damn sight better than Peter "Whitebread"
Davison or Colin "Giant Fat Bastard" Baker.

FrMerrin

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:20:10 GMT, ws...@trends.ca (WideScreenPig)
wrote:

Well, he was OK I suppose. I saw Colin Baker at a convention last year
and, yes, he has put on yet more weight. However, he was overshadowed
by Tom Baker, who is a truly awesome man. Completely and utterly
insane, but a good bloke.

Dr Walpurgis

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

FrMerrin wrote:

> I rather liked DOWNTIME. But it was a bit much expecting the audience
> to swallow diasaster after disaster happening to someone as dull as
> Paul "Not a proper Doctor Who" McGann.

Stop me if I've told you this story before, but when my mate (who wrote DOWNTIME) told me
who they'd cast as the lead, I quipped "Oh, the George Lazenby of DR WHO!". He was quite
amused by this epithet and happened to quote it on the set -- with Paul McGann right behind
him...

Malchic999

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
im going to see it, just to see how j obarr's idea got perverted a second time

WideScreenPig

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
On Sat, 01 May 1999 08:50:33 +0100, Dr Walpurgis
<dr_wal...@geocities.com> wrote:

>WideScreenPig wrote:
>
>> I liked Paul McGann as Doctor Who. The story they gave him wasn't
>> much, but I though he was a damn sight better than Peter "Whitebread"
>> Davison or Colin "Giant Fat Bastard" Baker.
>

>Both of whom I rather liked.

Yeah, but you like Ian Ogilvie as the Saint, too...

>Unfortunately the series was in terminal
>decline by then (never really recovering from the atrocious decision to
>move it away from its traditional Saturday tea-time slot), and it was
>left to the abysmal writers of Sylvester McCoy's stories to put it out
>of our misery.

I disagree - McCoy's second season had some top drawer writing - Ben
Aaronovitch's two stories, "Battlefield" and "Remembrance of the
Daleks" were great, as was "Curse of Fenric". The relationship
between the Doctor and Ace was the most mature and sophisticated that
that show ever saw.

>Bring back Tom Baker, I say.

No argument from me there.

Christopher Adams

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
>Bring back Tom Baker, I say.

It has been rumoured that Tom Baker will be in "The Lord of the Rings."
Apparently he screentested for the part of Gandalf.

Christopher Adams

Did you like those words? Xanxost got them from an
elf poet on the Outlands before his head came off
his body.

Suedoise

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
>FrMerrin wrote:
>
>> I rather liked DOWNTIME. But it was a bit much expecting the audience
>> to swallow diasaster after disaster happening to someone as dull as
>> Paul "Not a proper Doctor Who" McGann.
>
>Stop me if I've told you this story before, but when my mate (who wrote
>DOWNTIME) told me
>who they'd cast as the lead, I quipped "Oh, the George Lazenby of DR WHO!".
>He was quite
>amused by this epithet and happened to quote it on the set -- with Paul
>McGann right behind
>him...

Just sticking my cranial appendage around the door of this newsgroup to note
the following:
This remark about Lazenby couldn't have been much of a shock to Paul McGann on
the set of "Downtime", since he'd also heard it while shooting "Doctor Who",
approximately a year and half earlier. A documentary called "Bidding Adieu" was
filmed at that time, containing many exerpts of a joint interview with McGann
and Sylvester McCoy, who are friends. At one point the offscreen interviewer
says in a cheerful tone of voice to Paul, "If it stops right here, how would
you feel about being the George Lazenby of Doctor Who?"

To which the actor replies, with a laugh, "Quite happy, thank you very much!
Yeah, the George Lazenby..." (McCoy laughs offscreen) Paul goes on, "Don't
think I haven't thought about it. Wouldn't bother me, mate." Then he goes on
to say that he's enjoying making the film in the here and now, is not trying
to anticipate what will happen, and that he recognizes that the role is
interchangable by its very nature.

This "George Lazenby" interchange followed a fairly extensive series of
remarks by McGann about the purely statistical unlikelihood of the film's going
to series, since most pilots don't make it..

As to the "dullness" of the character he played in "Downtime", that was sort of
the point. The two protagonists were ordinary people (in the sense of not
being cops or intelligence agents or superheroes or any other sort of specially
trained expert) trying to save themselves from an extremely dangerous
situation. Psychologically, I found the two charactes far from dull.

Paul himselff was not, however, particularly pleased with the way "Downtime"
came out.

The eternally debatable issue of "Doctor Who" aside, the person who finds
McGann's performances dull may not be interested in the subtle, naturalistic
style he practices. In general, he's very well-thought-of in the UK.

M.E.

Dr Walpurgis

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

Suedoise wrote:

> The eternally debatable issue of "Doctor Who" aside, the person who finds
> McGann's performances dull may not be interested in the subtle, naturalistic
> style he practices. In general, he's very well-thought-of in the UK.

Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the recognition
he deserves...

FrMerrin

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
On Mon, 03 May 1999 09:26:38 +0100, Dr Walpurgis
<dr_wal...@geocities.com> wrote:

>Suedoise wrote:
>
>> The eternally debatable issue of "Doctor Who" aside, the person who finds
>> McGann's performances dull may not be interested in the subtle, naturalistic
>> style he practices. In general, he's very well-thought-of in the UK.
>
>Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the recognition
>he deserves...

"Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
the UK.

I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.

Henrik (at ze office)

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
FrMerrin skrev i meddelelsen <372d9d0d...@news.virgin.net>...

>On Mon, 03 May 1999 09:26:38 +0100, Dr Walpurgis
><dr_wal...@geocities.com> wrote:
>

>>Suedoise wrote:
>>
>>> The eternally debatable issue of "Doctor Who" aside, the person
>>> who finds McGann's performances dull may not be interested in
>>> the subtle, naturalistic style he practices. In general, he's very
well-
>>> thought-of in the UK.
>>
>>Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the
>>recognition he deserves...
>
>"Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
>the UK.
>
>I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
the actor Sean Connery.
--
Henrik Larsen
Hammer Horror! go to:

Dr Walpurgis

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

FrMerrin wrote:

> > > The eternally debatable issue of "Doctor Who" aside, the person who finds
> > > McGann's performances dull may not be interested in the subtle, naturalistic

> > > style he practices. In general, he's very well-thought-of in the UK.

> > Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the recognition
> > he deserves...
>
> "Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
> the UK.

Yes. The least entertaining of the McGann brothers, and by Christ,
there's some stiff competition for »that« title!

> I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.

Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...

Nick Lindley

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Dr Walpurgis wrote in message <372DD248...@geocities.com>...

>> > Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the recognition
>> > he deserves...
>>
>> "Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
>> the UK.
>
>Yes. The least entertaining of the McGann brothers, and by Christ,
>there's some stiff competition for »that« title!
>
>> I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.
>
>Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
>about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
>in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
>certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...

Do you guys really think Lazenby is better the Connery or Moore as Bond?
Surely not! 0_o

Cheers,
Nick

Email: Ni...@LindleyN.freeserve.co.uk
Website: www.angelfire.com/mi/mindlesszombie
'See you around, buddy boy!'

The Gore-met

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Henrik (at ze office) wrote:

> I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
> the actor Sean Connery.

I too am a fan of Connery's. Perhaps it's the Scottish in my genes, but
I think he's great. Why did they stick an Aussie in when Connery would
be a natural for the lead in "Braveheart"?

--

"I ain't a bum. I'm a workin' man."
-Frank, Bride Of Frank

Terror! Mayhem! Bloody Horror!
The Galloping Gore-met- http://www.interlog.com/~goremet

FrMerrin

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
On Mon, 3 May 1999 19:18:20 +0100, "Nick Lindley"
<Ni...@LindleyN.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Dr Walpurgis wrote in message <372DD248...@geocities.com>...

>finds
>naturalistic

>>> "Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
>>> the UK.
>>
>>Yes. The least entertaining of the McGann brothers, and by Christ,
>>there's some stiff competition for »that« title!
>>
>>> I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.
>>
>>Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
>>about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
>>in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
>>certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...
>
>Do you guys really think Lazenby is better the Connery or Moore as Bond?
>Surely not! 0_o

I'm afraid that, for me, Roger Moore is Bond. However, I would place
Lazenby next, then Brosnan, then Connery and finally Mr Dalton, who
while being a very nice bloke (I met him at my sister's wedding) was
not my idea of Bond.

FrMerrin

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
On Mon, 03 May 1999 17:43:53 +0100, Dr Walpurgis
<dr_wal...@geocities.com> wrote:

>> > Well, it took George Lazenby nearly thirty years to get the recognition
>> > he deserves...
>>
>> "Subtle, naturalistic style". Hmmmm.... dull basically. And I am in
>> the UK.
>
>Yes. The least entertaining of the McGann brothers, and by Christ,
>there's some stiff competition for »that« title!
>
>> I liked Lazenby much better than Connery as Bond by the way.
>
>Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
>about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
>in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
>certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...

Yes ! I've got that issue. In fact, I think it was the last issue
before the magazine folded.

Nick Lindley

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
FrMerrin wrote in message <372e115...@news.virgin.net>...

>On Mon, 3 May 1999 19:18:20 +0100, "Nick Lindley"
><Ni...@LindleyN.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Dr Walpurgis wrote in message <372DD248...@geocities.com>...

>>finds
>>naturalistic
UK.

>>>Yes. The least entertaining of the McGann brothers, and by Christ,
>>>there's some stiff competition for »that« title!

>>>Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
>>>about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
>>>in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
>>>certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...
>>
>>Do you guys really think Lazenby is better the Connery or Moore as Bond?
>>Surely not! 0_o
>
>I'm afraid that, for me, Roger Moore is Bond. However, I would place
>Lazenby next, then Brosnan, then Connery and finally Mr Dalton, who
>while being a very nice bloke (I met him at my sister's wedding) was
>not my idea of Bond.

Sorry for sitting on the fence here, but I like Moore and Connery equally as
Bond. The rest were / are amateurs compared to them IMO. Also, I'm not too
keen on how they've tried to make Bond more '90s' and PC over the last few
movies. Our Rog wouldn't have stood for it, I tell ya! ;)

Dr Walpurgis

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

Nick Lindley wrote:

> > Me too. There's an excellent essay in an old 'Movie Collector' magazine
> > about this, called 'Bond at his best?'. Lazenby is much more convincing
> > in his first outing as Bond than either Connery or Moore were. I'm
> > certain he would have grown into the rôle nicely...
>
> Do you guys really think Lazenby is better the Connery or Moore as Bond?
> Surely not! 0_o

I think he was better than Connery, and he »might« have gone on to be
better than Moore was. It's just a pity we never got the chance to see
him really make the rôle his own. He's a riot in RETURN OF THE MAN FROM UNCLE.

Brian Parent

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
h...@krak.dk (Henrik (at ze office)) wrote:
I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
the actor Sean Connery.

I reply:
I watched him tonight in The Rock; he kicked ass. He's one of my
favorite actors, along with Nicolas Cage and David Arquette...

Brian Parent

"I'd like to meet the devil some night. I'd chase him from here to the
wilds of the Pacific. I am the devil." - Lestat, Interview With The
Vampire

Christopher Adams

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>> I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
>> the actor Sean Connery.
>
>I too am a fan of Connery's. Perhaps it's the Scottish in my genes, but
>I think he's great. Why did they stick an Aussie in when Connery would
>be a natural for the lead in "Braveheart"?

Oh, "they"? You mean like the director? You mean, Mel Gibson? Yeah, weird
how he chose Mel Gibson for that role.

Idjit. :)

Christopher Adams

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
>the actor Sean Connery.

I love Connery. He's grrreat.

Hale (of Hale and Pace) does a very clever joke with his accent.

Pace: Suddenly, Bond said a sentence with a lot of S's in it, for no reason
whatsoever.

Hale: You shexy, shizzling pieshe of arshe.

FrMerrin

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
On Tue, 4 May 1999 22:39:22 +1000, "Christopher Adams"
<ad...@syd.comcen.com.au> wrote:

>Oh, "they"? You mean like the director? You mean, Mel Gibson? Yeah, weird
>how he chose Mel Gibson for that role.

Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
forget it.

Paul Hutchings

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
In article <372f2d99...@news.virgin.net>, FrMerrin
<fr.m...@virgin.net> writes

>On Tue, 4 May 1999 22:39:22 +1000, "Christopher Adams"
><ad...@syd.comcen.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Oh, "they"? You mean like the director? You mean, Mel Gibson? Yeah, weird
>>how he chose Mel Gibson for that role.
>
>Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
>forget it.
>
>Mike

Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!

--
Paul Hutchings

Peter Sims

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
The Gore-met wrote:

> Henrik (at ze office) wrote:
>
> > I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
> > the actor Sean Connery.
>
> I too am a fan of Connery's. Perhaps it's the Scottish in my genes, but
> I think he's great. Why did they stick an Aussie in when Connery would
> be a natural for the lead in "Braveheart"?

Because William Wallace wasn't pushing sixty when he led the Scottish
resistance.

| Smash Everything! Smash Everything!-Bobby Rhodes, Demons |
| Domain of the Dead: Mail him for trades! |
| See His List of Disturbing Movies |
| at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/1432/ |

The Gore-met

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Paul Hutchings wrote:

> FrMerrin wrote:

> >Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
> >forget it.

> Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
> movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!

As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
arses!

The Gore-met

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Peter Sims wrote:

> The Gore-met wrote:

> > Henrik (at ze office) wrote:

> > > I'm beginning to think I'm the only alt.horrorian who actually *like*
> > > the actor Sean Connery.

> > I too am a fan of Connery's. Perhaps it's the Scottish in my genes, but
> > I think he's great. Why did they stick an Aussie in when Connery would
> > be a natural for the lead in "Braveheart"?

> Because William Wallace wasn't pushing sixty when he led the Scottish
> resistance.

Yes, after all, Hollywood is *the* bastion of historical accuracy. Far
be it for the film industry to ever take a little "poetic licence".
Silly me.

WideScreenPig

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
On Tue, 4 May 1999 20:18:40 +0100, Paul Hutchings
<Pa...@suspiria.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <372f2d99...@news.virgin.net>, FrMerrin
><fr.m...@virgin.net> writes
>>On Tue, 4 May 1999 22:39:22 +1000, "Christopher Adams"
>><ad...@syd.comcen.com.au> wrote:
>>

>>>Oh, "they"? You mean like the director? You mean, Mel Gibson? Yeah, weird
>>>how he chose Mel Gibson for that role.
>>

>>Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
>>forget it.
>>

>>Mike

> Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
>movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!

For me, the unmentionable Scottish film has always been HIGHLANDER
III.

Dr Walpurgis

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99

The Gore-met wrote:

> > > Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
> > > forget it.
> >

> > Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
> > movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!
>

> As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
> Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
> arses!

[The Doc whispers to Paul.] Don't worry, old chap. If "the blood of
Robert the Bruce" truly "flows through his veins", he's more likely to
end up lying around drunk at Heathrow.

Paul Hutchings

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
In article <372FE720...@geocities.com>, Dr Walpurgis
<dr_wal...@geocities.com> writes

>> > Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
>> > movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!
>>
>> As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
>> Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
>> arses!
>
>[The Doc whispers to Paul.] Don't worry, old chap. If "the blood of
>Robert the Bruce" truly "flows through his veins", he's more likely to
>end up lying around drunk at Heathrow.
>
>_
No doubt he'll be mumbling to himself how all the bad things that
happen in Scotland are somehow the fault of the English!

--
Paul Hutchings

Christopher Adams

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
>As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
>Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
>arses!

Pale and flabby it may be - hey, I'm under no illusions as to my Adonis-like
physique - but I'm as Celtic as they come, except for the red hair. I'm
probably a wee bit more Celtic than half the gits in "Braveheart."

Christopher Adams

Did you like those words? Xanxost got them from an
elf poet on the Outlands before his head came off
his body.

- Xanxost, Slaad Legend

The Gore-met

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Paul Hutchings wrote:

> Dr Walpurgis wrotes

> >The Gore-met wrote:

> >> As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
> >> Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
> >> arses!

> >[The Doc whispers to Paul.] Don't worry, old chap. If "the blood of

> >Robert the Bruce" truly "flows through his veins", he's more likely to
> >end up lying around drunk at Heathrow.

> No doubt he'll be mumbling to himself how all the bad things that

> happen in Scotland are somehow the fault of the English!

I'll nae have that! Let my people go!

Peter Sims

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
The Gore-met wrote:

> Peter Sims wrote:
>
> > The Gore-met wrote:

> > > I too am a fan of Connery's. Perhaps it's the Scottish in my genes, but
> > > I think he's great. Why did they stick an Aussie in when Connery would
> > > be a natural for the lead in "Braveheart"?
>
> > Because William Wallace wasn't pushing sixty when he led the Scottish
> > resistance.
>
> Yes, after all, Hollywood is *the* bastion of historical accuracy. Far
> be it for the film industry to ever take a little "poetic licence".
> Silly me.

Be realistic. Connery doesn't LOOK like a fighter, he looks OLD, and he
didn't direct the movie.

FrMerrin

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
On Tue, 04 May 1999 22:24:20 -0400, The Gore-met
<gor...@interlog.com> wrote:

>Paul Hutchings wrote:

>> FrMerrin wrote:
>
>> >Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
>> >forget it.
>
>> Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
>> movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!
>

>As the blood of Robert The Bruce flows through my veins if'n ye bash the
>Scots one more time I'll be forced to go Celtic on yer pale, flabby
>arses!

Yeah. You're about as Scottish as Rod Stewart.

FrMerrin

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
On Tue, 4 May 1999 20:18:40 +0100, Paul Hutchings
<Pa...@suspiria.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <372f2d99...@news.virgin.net>, FrMerrin
><fr.m...@virgin.net> writes
>>On Tue, 4 May 1999 22:39:22 +1000, "Christopher Adams"
>><ad...@syd.comcen.com.au> wrote:
>>

>>>Oh, "they"? You mean like the director? You mean, Mel Gibson? Yeah, weird
>>>how he chose Mel Gibson for that role.
>>

>>Can people please stop mentioning that Scottish film. I am trying to
>>forget it.
>>

>>Mike

> Don't tell me Braveheart is going to turn into the Macbeth of the
>movie world where we have to call it "that Scottish film"!

That's a good idea.

Actually though, it's simply because it's second to the top of my hate
list, after a certain film about a boat sinking.

The Gore-met

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Peter Sims wrote:

> The Gore-met wrote:
> >
> > Peter Sims wrote:

> > > Because William Wallace wasn't pushing sixty when he led the Scottish
> > > resistance.
> >
> > Yes, after all, Hollywood is *the* bastion of historical accuracy. Far
> > be it for the film industry to ever take a little "poetic licence".
> > Silly me.
>
> Be realistic. Connery doesn't LOOK like a fighter, he looks OLD, and he
> didn't direct the movie.

:-P 8-) :-? etc., etc., etc.....

The Gore-met

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
FrMerrin wrote:

> Yeah. You're about as Scottish as Rod Stewart.

My maternal grandfather emigrated here from Inverness, my maternal
grandmother from London, my paternal grandmother from the Orkneys, and
my paternal great-great-grandfather from somewhere in northern England,
we haven't quite nailed it down yet. A cousin on my father's side has
spent 30 years tracing that branch of my family's heritage, fully
verified, to one of Robert the Bruce's offspring. The connection between
him and R the B is a bit dodgy but it's generally accepted that he is a
son. Shall I forward you the paperwork?

Dr Walpurgis

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99

The Gore-met wrote:

> My maternal grandfather emigrated here from Inverness, my maternal
> grandmother from London, my paternal grandmother from the Orkneys, and
> my paternal great-great-grandfather from somewhere in northern England,
> we haven't quite nailed it down yet. A cousin on my father's side has
> spent 30 years tracing that branch of my family's heritage, fully
> verified, to one of Robert the Bruce's offspring. The connection between
> him and R the B is a bit dodgy but it's generally accepted that he is a
> son. Shall I forward you the paperwork?

That's the most amusing thing about the Scots (well, apart from the
drinking of course). They all flee the place at the earliest possible
opportunity. But you've gotta love the fiercely proud "tartan army" that
drone on endlessly about how wonderful the place is from their
townhouses in London and their beachfront homes in Malaga (cf. Connery).

The Gore-met

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Dr Walpurgis wrote:

> That's the most amusing thing about the Scots (well, apart from the
> drinking of course). They all flee the place at the earliest possible
> opportunity. But you've gotta love the fiercely proud "tartan army" that
> drone on endlessly about how wonderful the place is from their
> townhouses in London and their beachfront homes in Malaga (cf. Connery).

*I* consider my nationality to be Canadian, but the government here
doesn't recognize that and insist we hyphenate ourselves. I put it down
anyway. However, my background is 50/50. I guess that makes me a
Canengscot.

FrMerrin

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
On Wed, 05 May 1999 21:43:55 -0400, The Gore-met
<gor...@interlog.com> wrote:

>FrMerrin wrote:
>
>> Yeah. You're about as Scottish as Rod Stewart.
>

>My maternal grandfather emigrated here from Inverness, my maternal
>grandmother from London, my paternal grandmother from the Orkneys, and
>my paternal great-great-grandfather from somewhere in northern England,
>we haven't quite nailed it down yet. A cousin on my father's side has
>spent 30 years tracing that branch of my family's heritage, fully
>verified, to one of Robert the Bruce's offspring. The connection between
>him and R the B is a bit dodgy but it's generally accepted that he is a
>son. Shall I forward you the paperwork?

I prostrate myself at your feet and beg apology for my grievous error.

The Gore-met

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
FrMerrin wrote:

> I prostrate myself at your feet and beg apology for my grievous error.

Coming on the heels of the dog comment I found it rather insulting.

FrMerrin

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
On Thu, 06 May 1999 16:36:16 -0400, The Gore-met
<gor...@interlog.com> wrote:

>FrMerrin wrote:
>
>> I prostrate myself at your feet and beg apology for my grievous error.
>
>Coming on the heels of the dog comment I found it rather insulting.

No offence intended.

The Gore-met

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
FrMerrin wrote:

> No offence intended.

Then I'll take none.

Brian Parent

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
FrMerrin wrote:
<<No offence intended.>>

gor...@interlog.com (The Gore-met) wrote:
<<Then I'll take none.>>

Can I have some then?

Dr Walpurgis

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

WideScreenPig wrote:

> > > I'm afraid that, for me, Roger Moore is Bond. However, I would place
> > > Lazenby next, then Brosnan, then Connery and finally Mr Dalton, who
> > > while being a very nice bloke (I met him at my sister's wedding) was
> > > not my idea of Bond.
> >
> > Sorry for sitting on the fence here, but I like Moore and Connery equally as
> > Bond. The rest were / are amateurs compared to them IMO. Also, I'm not too
> > keen on how they've tried to make Bond more '90s' and PC over the last few
> > movies. Our Rog wouldn't have stood for it, I tell ya! ;)
>
> Well, considering your Rog can barely stand... : )

Did anyone else see Rog on 'So Graham Norton' a couple of weeks ago? He
was on top form, and looked a lot more like James Bond than your
coffin-polishing Scot does these days.

FrMerrin

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

Yes, I thought he was excellent. He looked fabulous and had a great
gleam in his eye. One of the few celebrities to effectively combat
Norton's lethal innuendo.

Mike - A man of "overreaching verbosity and delusional arrogance"

"I have flown this way before, on the wings of a locust".

Dr Walpurgis

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

FrMerrin wrote:

> > Did anyone else see Rog on 'So Graham Norton' a couple of weeks ago? He
> > was on top form, and looked a lot more like James Bond than your
> > coffin-polishing Scot does these days.
>

> Yes, I thought he was excellent. He looked fabulous and had a great
> gleam in his eye. One of the few celebrities to effectively combat
> Norton's lethal innuendo.

I loved the moment when Norton mentioned a sum in francs and Rog,
without missing a beat, asked "French or Swiss?". You see, the man »is« Bond!

Nick Lindley

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
Dr Walpurgis wrote in message <37358B4F...@geocities.com>...

>FrMerrin wrote:
>
>> > Did anyone else see Rog on 'So Graham Norton' a couple of weeks ago? He
>> > was on top form, and looked a lot more like James Bond than your
>> > coffin-polishing Scot does these days.
>>
>> Yes, I thought he was excellent. He looked fabulous and had a great
>> gleam in his eye. One of the few celebrities to effectively combat
>> Norton's lethal innuendo.
>
>I loved the moment when Norton mentioned a sum in francs and Rog,
>without missing a beat, asked "French or Swiss?". You see, the
an »is« Bond!

Yes! I also saw the interview. Very funny and it was great seeing him in top
form. Norton always tries to ruffle his guests' feathers but Rog was Mr
Smooth throughout. What a guy!

Cheers,
Nick

Email: Ni...@LindleyN.freeserve.co.uk
Website: www.angelfire.com/mi/mindlesszombie
"Man, this guy is burned so bad he's cooked!
A fucking Big Mac... Overdone! You know what I mean?"

Dr Walpurgis

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99

Skrybe wrote:

> Speaking of the grizzled milkman (flips the Doc an Aussie Dollar - worth
> bugger all in pounds), has anyone noticed the trailers for a new movie in
> which he plays a thief? He looks remarkably spry and he still has a thing
> for the ladies, even though the female lead in the film could be his
> granddaughter.

Tell me more!

_______________________________________
Se questo website non ti spaventa

...sei gią morto!
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/3390

Skrybe

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
Speaking of the grizzled milkman (flips the Doc an Aussie Dollar - worth
bugger all in pounds), has anyone noticed the trailers for a new movie in
which he plays a thief? He looks remarkably spry and he still has a thing
for the ladies, even though the female lead in the film could be his
granddaughter.

--
Skrybe aka nospam.Ke...@publicworks.qld.gov.au
You know what to do with the spam...

Skrybe's Tales of Terror
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~skrybe/
Last update 22/3/1999
Check out the Aussie Horror Trading Post

Dr Walpurgis wrote in message <37355732...@geocities.com>...

>WideScreenPig wrote:
<snip>

>> Well, considering your Rog can barely stand... : )
>

>Did anyone else see Rog on 'So Graham Norton' a couple of weeks ago? He
>was on top form, and looked a lot more like James Bond than your
>coffin-polishing Scot does these days.
>

>_______________________________________
> Se questo website non ti spaventa

> ...sei già morto!
>http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/3390

FrMerrin

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
On Mon, 17 May 1999 01:31:10 +1000, "Skrybe"
<nospam.ke...@publicworks.qld.gov.au> wrote:

>Speaking of the grizzled milkman (flips the Doc an Aussie Dollar - worth
>bugger all in pounds), has anyone noticed the trailers for a new movie in
>which he plays a thief? He looks remarkably spry and he still has a thing
>for the ladies, even though the female lead in the film could be his
>granddaughter.

Ys, "Entrapment". It's got Will Patton in it, which is good, and
Catherine Zeta Jones, which is even better. Sadly, Connery gets to
play tonsil hockey with Ms. Zeta Jones, which will personally make me
sick.

I saw five films this weekend, and I've now seen the trailer five
times in a row.

Mike - A man of "overreaching verbosity and delusional arrogance"

"I have flown this way before, on the wings of a demon."

FrMerrin

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
On Tue, 18 May 1999 00:03:52 +1000, "Skrybe"
<nospam.ke...@publicworks.qld.gov.au> wrote:

>Thanks Father. I couldn't remember the name of the film. I did remember the
>scene where Zeta Jones is clad in form fitting lycra and crawling through a
>batch of infra-red detectors. Phew!

Yes, I was very interested in that scene. Shame they kept cutting back
to the grizzled milkman (sorry Doc).

Litchick66

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
>Sadly, Connery gets to
>play tonsil hockey with Ms. Zeta Jones, which will personally make me
>sick.

Sorry, Mike. I think Connery just gets sexier and sexier the older he gets.
He's just amazing!!

"Do I dare disturb the universe.........?"
Charli

Dr Walpurgis

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99

Litchick66 wrote:

> Sorry, Mike. I think Connery just gets sexier and sexier the older he gets.
> He's just amazing!!

Yes my dear, but as we've already established, there's ceratinly no accounting
for >your< taste!

_______________________________________
Se questo website non ti spaventa

...sei gią morto!
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/3390

Litchick66

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
>Yes my dear, but as we've already established, there's ceratinly no
>accounting
>for >your< taste!

HEY!!! I resent that remark! Homer is an intelligent, clever, kind, caring
man........uh....you *were* talking about Homer weren't you??

Skrybe

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99

FrMerrin wrote in message <373f1958...@news.virgin.net>...

>On Mon, 17 May 1999 01:31:10 +1000, "Skrybe"
><nospam.ke...@publicworks.qld.gov.au> wrote:
>
>>Speaking of the grizzled milkman (flips the Doc an Aussie Dollar - worth
>>bugger all in pounds), has anyone noticed the trailers for a new movie in
>>which he plays a thief? He looks remarkably spry and he still has a thing
>>for the ladies, even though the female lead in the film could be his
>>granddaughter.
>
>Ys, "Entrapment". It's got Will Patton in it, which is good, and

>Catherine Zeta Jones, which is even better. Sadly, Connery gets to

>play tonsil hockey with Ms. Zeta Jones, which will personally make me
>sick.
>

>I saw five films this weekend, and I've now seen the trailer five
>times in a row.

The Gore-met

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
Litchick66 wrote:

> Homer is an intelligent, clever, kind, caring
> man........

Are you his beard? :-P

FrMerrin

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
On 17 May 1999 21:09:18 GMT, litch...@aol.comNOSPAM (Litchick66)
wrote:

>>Sadly, Connery gets to
>>play tonsil hockey with Ms. Zeta Jones, which will personally make me
>>sick.
>

>Sorry, Mike. I think Connery just gets sexier and sexier the older he gets.
>He's just amazing!!

How he manages without his zimmer frame during takes is beyond me.

Litchick66

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
>Litchick66 wrote:
>
>> Homer is an intelligent, clever, kind, caring
>> man........

To which Gore replied:

>Are you his beard? :-P

And I answer:

tim...@tiptontel.com

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
On Tue, 18 May 1999 01:12:48 -0400, The Gore-met
<gor...@interlog.com> wrote:

>Litchick66 wrote:
>
>> Homer is an intelligent, clever, kind, caring
>> man........
>

>Are you his beard? :-P
>

>--
>
>"I ain't a bum. I'm a workin' man."
> -Frank, Bride Of Frank

> Terror! Mayhem! Bloody Horror!
> The Galloping Gore-met- http://www.interlog.com/~goremet

WHOA! I'm gone for a couple of days, and immediately I'm labelled a
closet homosexual? All right, Mr. Masculine, would you care to explain
why there's a two-woman supply of panties in your supposedly
one-female household?
Homer: Real Man (with admittedly ambiguous screen-name)
aka tim...@tiptontel.com

The Gore-met

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
tim...@tiptontel.com wrote:

> All right, Mr. Masculine, would you care to explain
> why there's a two-woman supply of panties in your supposedly
> one-female household?

I have sensitive skin. Chafing, you know.

Homer

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
In article <3742C1...@interlog.com>,

The Gore-met <gor...@interlog.com> wrote:
> tim...@tiptontel.com wrote:
>
> > All right, Mr. Masculine, would you care to explain
> > why there's a two-woman supply of panties in your supposedly
> > one-female household?
>
> I have sensitive skin. Chafing, you know.

Well, I guess that explains the pair of panties in the chafing dish . .
.
--
Homer: Slave to the Surreal
tim...@tiptontel.com

tim...@tiptontel.com

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
<gor...@interlog.com> wrote:

>Litchick66 wrote:
>
>> Homer is an intelligent, clever, kind, caring
>> man........
>
>Are you his beard? :-P
>

>--
>
>"I ain't a bum. I'm a workin' man."
> -Frank, Bride Of Frank

> Terror! Mayhem! Bloody Horror!
> The Galloping Gore-met- http://www.interlog.com/~goremet

I leave for a couple of days and immediately I'm somehow named a
closet homosexual? All right, Mr. 'masculine', would you care to
explain why there is a two person supply of panties in your one-female
household?
Homer: A Real Man (with an admittedly ambiguous screen name)
aka tim...@tiptontel.com

Homer

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
In article <37423687...@demonews.mindspring.com>,
(Homer looks at the ancient post that has for some reason surfaced) Huh.
Deja News or Pony Express? You be the judge.
--
"It takes all kinds of critters, to make Farmer
Vincent's Fritters" --Motel Hell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/