The werebat howls (?)

Ron Cass Poirier

Nov 28, 1993, 11:13:03 PM11/28/93
Two nights ago, I had this dream where I was in werebat form,
flying across this lake at night. The lake a large, dark, and the
wilerness around it seemed somehow desolate. I felt lonely in an almost
anguished sort of frustrated way, and I wanted to express it somehow - my
normal hisses and shrieks just wouldn't do the job.
So I HOWLED. Like a wolf. For the first time. And it felt
GREAT!

AAAAAHHHHHRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It echoed off the dark hills in the distance, and was followed by
a deafening silence. I dipped sharply to the left, and headed towards the
trees at that end of the lake. And then... well, that's another story.
The thing is, I HOWLED.
I've always liked the howl of wolves.

- Ron P. ^*^
(Is it normal for a werebat to howl?)

o'donnell lisa lynn

Nov 29, 1993, 1:13:20 AM11/29/93
Ron Cass Poirier (rpoirier@kirk) wrote:
: So I HOWLED. Like a wolf. For the first time. And it felt
: GREAT!

: AAAAAHHHHHRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

OW-OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, howling is damned great!

: The thing is, I HOWLED.

: I've always liked the howl of wolves.

: - Ron P. ^*^
: (Is it normal for a werebat to howl?)

Maybe not usual, but hey. Sometimes ya gotta make your
own rules, y'know? <grin wag>

Lisa

--
|\ /| Lisa O'Donnell
/@ @\ Wake Forest University

Graham Brown

Nov 29, 1993, 6:50:19 AM11/29/93

Say bat form and wolf emathy! Tell me, do you have an aversion to silly
little things, like daylight, garlic, crosses etc. If so, myself and my
pack, er I mean friends would like to meet you for a discussion on
imortality or lack thereof. As lycanthropes we must guard for all incursions
of the wyrm.

Howl(silently like).
Graham

Jochen Reber

Nov 29, 1993, 1:22:13 PM11/29/93

Interesting...I am not sure if you can get the howl to well across the net,
but ...never mind.
The other thing is, how did the howl sound ? Like a werebat-howl (hard to
imagine) or more like a lupine howl ?
Usually, wolves use howls as a mean of communication. I'd be interested if
you received any answer-howls from other wolves.
Joe

--
Jochen "Joe" Reber // "Wise men are instructed by reason;
jo...@nick.csh.rit.edu // men of less understanding, by experience;

Lucas Ehler

Nov 29, 1993, 3:57:47 PM11/29/93
Everyone! A long lone squeak in the night for the were-bat in you!

SSSSQQQQQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Ah. Refreshing! I think I'll go eat some flies.

Ron Cass Poirier

Nov 30, 1993, 5:25:41 AM11/30/93
In article <1993Nov29.1...@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jo...@nick.csh.rit.edu
(Jochen Reber) writes:
> In article <2dbssf...@dns1.NMSU.Edu> talkreligion writes:

(Post about howling werebat dream deleted)

> how did the howl sound ? Like a werebat-howl (hard to
> imagine) or more like a lupine howl ?
> Usually, wolves use howls as a mean of communication. I'd be interested
if
> you received any answer-howls from other wolves.

The howl sounded just like a wolf howl. My vociferations in
werebat monster form generally consist of raspy speech, squeaks,
ear-piercing shrieks, and hisses. None of these fit my mood, though. I
wasn't really communicating with anyone but the universe - it was an
expression of anguished loneliness. No-one answered but the echoes.

- Ron P. ^*^

(I recently attacked and killed a werewolf while in werebat form -
the werewolf was in human form at the time and began transforming while I
attacked. Carrying him up into the air and dropping him off a cliff
battered him up a bit before I swooped down to bite and claw him to
death... Anyway, I did this because he was about to attack a wereskunk
and wereweasel I had met in the graveyard, and only seen in pure animal
form)
(Sorry, werewolves of the net... It's nothing personal against
your phenotype.)

Ron Cass Poirier

Nov 30, 1993, 5:31:26 AM11/30/93

(Low, barely audible, hiss of suspicion/warning)

Typical werebat vocals for me, when angry, would be the hiss.
Think back the the "Aliens" movie - remember the big bad queen alien
mutha? It sounds a lot like that. Squeaks are reserved for those rare
occasions when sonar is needed - flying low in dark forests, for example.
Raspy speech is usable for dealing with humans, and... Well, that's about
it. The howl was an isolated thing. Fact is, bats don't seem to have
much of an ANYTHING to yawp loose with in the night.

- Ron P. ^*^

Ron Cass Poirier

Nov 30, 1993, 5:36:09 AM11/30/93
In article <CH94v...@dcs.ed.ac.uk> g...@dcs.ed.ac.uk (Graham Brown)
writes:

> Say bat form and wolf emathy! Tell me, do you have an aversion to silly
> little things, like daylight, garlic, crosses etc. If so, myself and my
> pack, er I mean friends would like to meet you for a discussion on
> imortality or lack thereof. As lycanthropes we must guard for all
incursions
> of the wyrm.

Err... No. In fact, as a werebat I find that I loathe vampires
immensely. (Remember in the White Wolf game there are tales of South
American werebats and we are all basically on the same side...) Remember
that vampires may take on the form of the wolf, and control wolves, just
as much as they are associated with the bat. I find this to be a
disgusting perversion of the true nature of the bat and wolf... the
vampire is an enemy to us both. Darned shiny well-groomed barsets!
Hhhiisssssssss!!!

> Howl(silently like).
> Graham

- Ron P. ^*^

Ron Cass Poirier

Nov 30, 1993, 5:38:16 AM11/30/93
In article <2dc3u0$9...@quad.wfunet.wfu.edu> odon...@ac.wfu.edu (o'donnell
lisa lynn) writes:

> Maybe not usual, but hey. Sometimes ya gotta make your
> own rules, y'know? <grin wag>

Ahh... I think this statement should also go to the "Respect (or
lack thereof) thread! Sometimes you've got to make your own rules,
indeed!

> Lisa

- Ron P. ^*^

Henry Kehbel

Dec 1, 1993, 2:14:32 AM12/1/93
rpoirier@kirk (Ron Cass Poirier) writes:

> - Ron P. ^*^

I am from Germany and I am in the ban of the celtic werewolf. I think that
werewolves are only poor creatures who lost their normal human life in only one
night. We lost our freedom to live as we want and we must transform whenever
the moon is calling. Yesterday midnight I had that disgusting dream again and
I reylly dont know what I did. Its a curse!!! But you shouldn't kill us cause
we suffer, too.
I lost many of my friends and I hope that all the other creatures of the
night would accept our way of life as the only chance to survive.

Greets to all howling creatures...

H.Frank

Jochen Reber

Dec 1, 1993, 2:41:41 PM12/1/93
In article <2df73...@dns1.NMSU.Edu> talkreligion writes:
>In article <1993Nov29.1...@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jo...@nick.csh.rit.edu
>(Jochen Reber) writes:
>> In article <2dbssf...@dns1.NMSU.Edu> talkreligion writes:
>
> (Post about howling werebat dream deleted)
>
>> how did the howl sound ? Like a werebat-howl (hard to
>> imagine) or more like a lupine howl ?
>> Usually, wolves use howls as a mean of communication. I'd be interested
>if
>> you received any answer-howls from other wolves.
>
> The howl sounded just like a wolf howl. My vociferations in
>werebat monster form generally consist of raspy speech, squeaks,
>ear-piercing shrieks, and hisses. None of these fit my mood, though. I
>wasn't really communicating with anyone but the universe - it was an
>expression of anguished loneliness. No-one answered but the echoes.

Cool ! Somebody who can choose any voice-type and form according to
his mood. I wish I could do that. ;)

> - Ron P. ^*^
>
> (I recently attacked and killed a werewolf while in werebat form -
>the werewolf was in human form at the time and began transforming while I
>attacked. Carrying him up into the air and dropping him off a cliff
>battered him up a bit before I swooped down to bite and claw him to
>death... Anyway, I did this because he was about to attack a wereskunk
>and wereweasel I had met in the graveyard, and only seen in pure animal
>form)
> (Sorry, werewolves of the net... It's nothing personal against
>your phenotype.)

Just wondering: How can you distinguish werebeasts from normal beasts,
if you haven't seen them transforming ?

Jochen Reber

Dec 1, 1993, 2:45:41 PM12/1/93

Which doesn't mean I cannot disagree with them. After all, I make also
my own rules. ;)
The problem is only: Who's rules are right ? If you can make a wolf-howl
in werebat form - cool! But, you know, others might not be able to,
because they got problems with the logic of it.

>> Lisa
>
> - Ron P. ^*^

Joe

o'donnell lisa lynn

Dec 1, 1993, 7:57:27 PM12/1/93
Jochen Reber (jo...@nick.csh.rit.edu) wrote:

: Just wondering: How can you distinguish werebeasts from normal beasts,

: if you haven't seen them transforming ?

Usually by scent... or a slightly different appearance.

Lisa

--
|\ /| Lisa O'Donnell
/@ @\ Wake Forest University

\M/ "Shine on, you crazy diamond!"
W --Pink Floyd

Ron Cass Poirier

Dec 3, 1993, 4:37:23 AM12/3/93

(Post about Ron the Werebat attacking a werewolf in human form
because the werewolf was about to attack a wereskunk and wereweasel in
animal form deleted)

(Whew!)

> Just wondering: How can you distinguish werebeasts from normal beasts,
> if you haven't seen them transforming ?

Well, I was dreaming, and when I dream, sometimes I just sort
of... KNOW stuff. The same way I knew the human was a werewolf before he
started changing shape. I can't explain it. I just KNEW.

- Ron P.