Free Sibe

Jure Sah

Mar 14, 2006, 8:28:33 PM3/14/06
Anyone remember the "Free Kevin" joke?

Anyway, it has so occured that I have returned to Furnet, seemingly
looking for something that was never there. Intelligent discussion.

So amongst the brainless name calling that furries are so fond of, I
have learned that Sibe has since been put in jail. Oh No... Sibe Is In
Jail! Who will now make all the furries look like fools in various
intelectuall chalenges?! What to do what to do... panic panic.

So, Trolls, Unite! Togather we can create enough of a fuss to get him
released from jail. Or that worked for Kevin anyway...

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

http://www.thought-beacon.net

Pay once per lifetime webhosting:
http://farcomm-it.com/?ref=jsah

"...need lots of luck,
a bit of Google,
and some Dust..."
-- CosMix

§nuhw¤Lf

Mar 15, 2006, 9:56:18 AM3/15/06
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:28:33 +0100
Jure Sah <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote:

> Anyone remember the "Free Kevin" joke?
>
> Anyway, it has so occured that I have returned to Furnet, seemingly
> looking for something that was never there. Intelligent discussion.
>
> So amongst the brainless name calling that furries are so fond of, I
> have learned that Sibe has since been put in jail. Oh No... Sibe Is In
> Jail! Who will now make all the furries look like fools in various
> intelectuall chalenges?! What to do what to do... panic panic.
>
> So, Trolls, Unite! Togather we can create enough of a fuss to get him
> released from jail. Or that worked for Kevin anyway...

Not unless they see it :)
Besides why would you want him out of the slammer?
Did they LIE about his criminality?
Hmmm...furries *lieing* about something.
I wonder...

--
www.epic.org

Jure Sah

Mar 15, 2006, 8:40:36 PM3/15/06
吵uhw几f wrote:
>>So, Trolls, Unite! Togather we can create enough of a fuss to get him
>>released from jail. Or that worked for Kevin anyway...
>
> Not unless they see it :)

Well we could make them "Free Sibe" stickers and glue em up to fameous
people's cars then make documentaries of chasing em around. :P

> Besides why would you want him out of the slammer?
> Did they LIE about his criminality?
> Hmmm...furries *lieing* about something.
> I wonder...

Well surely they did. Besides he's not in jail because of a furry. He
apparently took 500$ and a car from some innocent bypasser. Or so the
"innocent" bypasser claims anyhow. (The "he forced me to tell him my
PIN" IS a bit hilarious mind you, it reminds me of me giving one of my
pups my home server's root password, which was entirely my choice really
even tho it did have dire consequences.)

Anyhow, it's never been doubted that Kevin wasn't a hacker either. They
just got him out anyway. I <3 Sibey and I want him to be a free husky.

You of all people should understand that Snuh. :P

Wanderer

Mar 16, 2006, 7:10:14 AM3/16/06
Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the fur
groups and the were groups.

Yours briefly,

The convention-attending,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Snuhwolf

Mar 16, 2006, 9:42:25 AM3/16/06
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 02:40:36 +0100
Jure Sah <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote:

> §nuhw¤Lf wrote:
> >>So, Trolls, Unite! Togather we can create enough of a fuss to get him
> >>released from jail. Or that worked for Kevin anyway...
> >
> > Not unless they see it :)
>
> Well we could make them "Free Sibe" stickers and glue em up to fameous
> people's cars then make documentaries of chasing em around. :P

Sounds like the plot for a new reality show on CBS...

> > Besides why would you want him out of the slammer?
> > Did they LIE about his criminality?
> > Hmmm...furries *lieing* about something.
> > I wonder...
>
> Well surely they did. Besides he's not in jail because of a furry. He
> apparently took 500$ and a car from some innocent bypasser.

Uh oh...a furry theif...

> Or so the
> "innocent" bypasser claims anyhow. (The "he forced me to tell him my
> PIN" IS a bit hilarious mind you, it reminds me of me giving one of my
> pups my home server's root password, which was entirely my choice really
> even tho it did have dire consequences.)

Not too smart eh?

> Anyhow, it's never been doubted that Kevin wasn't a hacker either. They
> just got him out anyway. I <3 Sibey and I want him to be a free husky.

If he had a fair trial and the money didnt just jump into his hand...let him cool his heels in the slam.

> You of all people should understand that Snuh. :P

I understand that furries are hypocrites :)

--
www.truthout.org

Jure Sah

Mar 16, 2006, 10:51:08 PM3/16/06
Wanderer wrote:
> Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the fur
> groups and the were groups.

For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
by my name and last name.

I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
check there first.

Cypher

Mar 17, 2006, 12:03:07 AM3/17/06

Jure Sah wrote:
> Wanderer wrote:
> > Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the fur
> > groups and the were groups.
>
> For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
> by my name and last name.

Don't call you by the s/n you use online? That's rather confusing don't
you think?

> I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
> doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
> check there first.

He wrote an encyclopedia guys, that must earn a million werepoints,
easy...
Too bad he has yet to actually contribute to this place other than
plugging his wiki in every post.

-Cypher

Wanderer

Mar 17, 2006, 12:04:08 AM3/17/06
"Jure Sah" <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message

> Wanderer wrote:
>> Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the
>> fur groups and the were groups.
>
> For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
> by my name and last name.

<cold stare> I was being polite. Apparently you don't like people to be
polite when they correct something you post in a public forum. I'll keep
that in mind the next time I correct you. With your record, that shouldn't
be long.

> I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
> doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
> check there first.

I figured the fact that you posted, in this newsgroup, and I quote:

"So amongst the brainless name calling that furries are so fond of, I
have learned that Sibe has since been put in jail. Oh No... Sibe Is In
Jail! Who will now make all the furries look like fools in various
intelectuall chalenges?! What to do what to do... panic panic."

... was more indicative of your attitude and intellect (to say nothing of
your knowledge of English). Since you ask, however:

Your wiki lacks descriptive text for links.

The in-fandom term for a costume is not "Mascot", but "fursuit", sometimes
abbreviated "'suit" or "zoot". Likewise, those who enjoy them are called
"fursuiters", "'suiters", or "zooters". "Mascot", as a term, is specific to
those characters assigned to a given corporation or franchise, though it is
sometimes used as an adjective ("mascot-type") to describe a fursuit made in
a cartoonish style.

A "fursona" is not an absolute requirement; many members of the fandom have
no "fursona". (Which, given that English is your second language, I will
explain is a pun on the term, "persona", taken from the Latin.)

Your list of documentaries (an incorrect term, as "documentaries" deal only
in fact) is both incomplete and underpopulated. If you wish to make it more
accessible to the non-T1 crowd, try distilling a couple of files into
low-bandwidth versions.

Terms taken from "Werewolf: the Apocalypse" should be separated into
another set of entries, Lord Albrecht... oh, excuse me, Jure.

You've included several listings that have nothing to do with weres (or
"therians", to use your Greek-derived term, from theros, meaning "beast"),
such as Fae, Gnomes, Sylphs, etc. For a better document focus, those terms
should be separated to another wiki.

Your "Therian symbol", the Theta Delta, is incorrectly drawn: The bar of
Theta should have crossbars on the ends, while Delta's left face should be
noticeably thinner than the other two. In any event, it doesn't appear to
be very "common" or "well-liked", given this is the first I've seen of it.
I much prefer our old symbol, the pawprint. Less pseudo-intellectual, more
animal-focused.

Your listing for AHWW is incorrectly capitalized. A small thing, which is
why I left it for the end. Also, your history of the group has no link to
the FAQ, and ignores those weres (like me, you brainless twit) who refuse to
abandon the campfire to stupid trolls.

In short, a lot of back-patting for yourself, and precious little for anyone
else. Self-esteem issues, Jure? I can find you a good psychologist...

Now go back to teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.

Yours offendedly,

The off-end,

Duke of URL

Mar 17, 2006, 7:57:08 AM3/17/06
Why would anyone want a free Sibe? You'd have to PAY me to get me to take
one...
--
Moses Lambert PO1(SW) USN(ret)
Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,

Snuhwolf

Mar 17, 2006, 10:13:14 AM3/17/06
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:57:08 -0600
"Duke of URL" <NotMoses....@NotGmail.com> wrote:

> Why would anyone want a free Sibe? You'd have to PAY me to get me to take
> one...

I'd try a live version before I installed it to *my* hdd.
For one thing, is it OSS compliant?

--

www.beosnews.com

§nuhw¤Lf

Mar 17, 2006, 10:47:23 AM3/17/06
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:04:08 -0600
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote:

> "Jure Sah" <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message
> > Wanderer wrote:
> >> Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the
> >> fur groups and the were groups.
> >
> > For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
> > by my name and last name.
>
> <cold stare> I was being polite. Apparently you don't like people to be
> polite when they correct something you post in a public forum. I'll keep
> that in mind the next time I correct you. With your record, that shouldn't
> be long.

WAH!

> > I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
> > doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
> > check there first.
> >

> I figured the fact that you posted, in this newsgroup, and I quote:
>
> "So amongst the brainless name calling that furries are so fond of, I
> have learned that Sibe has since been put in jail. Oh No... Sibe Is In
> Jail! Who will now make all the furries look like fools in various
> intelectuall chalenges?! What to do what to do... panic panic."
>
> ... was more indicative of your attitude and intellect (to say nothing of
> your knowledge of English). Since you ask, however:
>
> Your wiki lacks descriptive text for links.

Run and fix it smartypants.

> The in-fandom term for a costume is not "Mascot", but "fursuit", sometimes
> abbreviated "'suit" or "zoot". Likewise, those who enjoy them are called
> "fursuiters", "'suiters", or "zooters". "Mascot", as a term, is specific to
> those characters assigned to a given corporation or franchise, though it is
> sometimes used as an adjective ("mascot-type") to describe a fursuit made in
> a cartoonish style.

I think the term LUNATIC is more appropriate :)

> A "fursona" is not an absolute requirement; many members of the fandom have
> no "fursona".

Indeed. They are hollow men.

(Which, given that English is your second language, I will
> explain is a pun on the term, "persona", taken from the Latin.)

Nobody care about your dead languages Chuck...

> Your list of documentaries (an incorrect term, as "documentaries" deal only
> in fact) is both incomplete and underpopulated. If you wish to make it more
> accessible to the non-T1 crowd, try distilling a couple of files into
> low-bandwidth versions.

POST MORE JPGS OF NAKID WEREWOLFS!!!111!!!!

> Terms taken from "Werewolf: the Apocalypse" should be separated into
> another set of entries, Lord Albrecht... oh, excuse me, Jure.
>
> You've included several listings that have nothing to do with weres (or
> "therians", to use your Greek-derived term, from theros, meaning "beast"),
> such as Fae, Gnomes, Sylphs, etc. For a better document focus, those terms
> should be separated to another wiki.

Heres and entry: Most usenet werewolves are insane.

> Your "Therian symbol", the Theta Delta, is incorrectly drawn: The bar of
> Theta should have crossbars on the ends, while Delta's left face should be
> noticeably thinner than the other two. In any event, it doesn't appear to
> be very "common" or "well-liked", given this is the first I've seen of it.
> I much prefer our old symbol, the pawprint. Less pseudo-intellectual, more
> animal-focused.

I think you should be RFID chipped so the feds can track you dangerous freaks :)

> Your listing for AHWW is incorrectly capitalized. A small thing, which is
> why I left it for the end. Also, your history of the group has no link to
> the FAQ, and ignores those weres (like me, you brainless twit) who refuse to
> abandon the campfire to stupid trolls.

Chuck. If it wer'nt for you, trolls wouldnt have half the material to work with.

> In short, a lot of back-patting for yourself, and precious little for anyone
> else. Self-esteem issues, Jure? I can find you a good psychologist...

I'd say no. Since yours thinks your mental heath is okey dokey.

> Now go back to teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.

Lame. Even for you you fat stinky fanboi.

--
www.thinkprogress.org

Jure Sah

Mar 17, 2006, 6:37:29 PM3/17/06
Duke of URL wrote:
> Why would anyone want a free Sibe? You'd have to PAY me to get me to take
> one...

I'd like a free one. Tho would pay for one too.

Sibes are nice.

Jure Sah

Mar 17, 2006, 6:39:17 PM3/17/06
Cypher wrote:
>>>Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the fur
>>>groups and the were groups.
>>
>>For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
>>by my name and last name.
>
> Don't call you by the s/n you use online? That's rather confusing don't
> you think?

Hence the "For future reference".

>>I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
>>doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
>>check there first.
>
> He wrote an encyclopedia guys, that must earn a million werepoints,
> easy...
> Too bad he has yet to actually contribute to this place other than
> plugging his wiki in every post.

...says the eternal idler.

Beside, I really don't have to contribute anything mind you, I pay my
ISP to get access here, that's all they care and that's all all of
USENET really cares.

Jure Sah

Mar 17, 2006, 7:10:02 PM3/17/06
Wanderer wrote:
>>>Um, Jure Sah? For future reference, there's some crossover between the
>>>fur groups and the were groups.
>>
>>For future reference don't treat me like an idiot and don't dare call me
>>by my name and last name.
>
> <cold stare> I was being polite.

As was I, if you call THAT polite.

> Apparently you don't like people to be
> polite when they correct something you post in a public forum. I'll keep
> that in mind the next time I correct you. With your record, that shouldn't
> be long.

There was nothing wrong with my post. Nothing at all saying that there
is no crossover between the furry (fur) and therian (were) groups. What
is it that you were correcting and you did not just assume?

>>I wrote an encyclopedia about it, perhaps the next time you're into
>>doubting my awarness of the few facts in your life you do know about,
>>check there first.
>
> I figured the fact that you posted, in this newsgroup, and I quote:
>
> "So amongst the brainless name calling that furries are so fond of, I
> have learned that Sibe has since been put in jail. Oh No... Sibe Is In
> Jail! Who will now make all the furries look like fools in various
> intelectuall chalenges?! What to do what to do... panic panic."
>
> ... was more indicative of your attitude and intellect

It may have everything to do with my attitude here, but you off all
people should pretty much know what attitude people on this newsgroup
here have. Something about growing a thicker skin if I remember Cypher's
words right.

Nothing to do with my intelect however. That assumption was that name
calling I was reffering to with furries.

> Your wiki lacks descriptive text for links.

I believe Snuh's reply on this was accurate. If you don't like
something, go and fix it, that's why it's a wiki. I will make sure your
viewpoint be respected, prommise.

> Your list of documentaries (an incorrect term, as "documentaries" deal only
> in fact) is both incomplete and underpopulated. If you wish to make it more
> accessible to the non-T1 crowd, try distilling a couple of files into
> low-bandwidth versions.

You might have noticed that I do not actually host the movies. And it
would be against the hosting provider's Terms Of Service to do so. The
documentaries are copyrighted material and it's probably SlyCat's gamble
that the website hosting the movies would not be shut down.

The T1 comparison is exadurated, my internet connection if yours is
dailup is only approximately twice as fast as yours.

However, since you cared bring it up, I will look into it if I can
convert the files into a tinier format and put them somewere where you
can get them easily and it be at least approximately legal.

> Terms taken from "Werewolf: the Apocalypse" should be separated into
> another set of entries, Lord Albrecht... oh, excuse me, Jure.

I don't know which words were taken from there I just picked the words
from the sources (all sources gave premition to have the content copied
or linked) where they were protrayed as already used in a community. It
is not up to me to decide what words are right and which are wrong, I am
nor the inpersonated mathematical objectivity nor god, therefore all of
the words are there, provided as equally correct.

> You've included several listings that have nothing to do with weres (or
> "therians", to use your Greek-derived term, from theros, meaning "beast"),
> such as Fae, Gnomes, Sylphs, etc. For a better document focus, those terms
> should be separated to another wiki.

Agreed. Perhaps those should be removed in the future. From the index at
least.

> Your "Therian symbol", the Theta Delta, is incorrectly drawn: The bar of
> Theta should have crossbars on the ends, while Delta's left face should be
> noticeably thinner than the other two.

Perhaps. If you have a more accurate image, you may provide it in
whatever way is most convenient to you, I will gladly host it on the server.

The symbol there is quite simply the only one I ever got.

> In any event, it doesn't appear to
> be very "common" or "well-liked", given this is the first I've seen of it.
> I much prefer our old symbol, the pawprint. Less pseudo-intellectual, more
> animal-focused.

And you impersonate therianthropy itself? How does a pawprint symbolize,
for example, a werebird's therianthropy? Hence.

Yet you are always welcome to provide any material that could serve to
improove the accuracy of the records. If you wouldn't do it because the
wiki is 'mine', set up your own website, and I will gladly link the wiki
to you.

> Your listing for AHWW is incorrectly capitalized. A small thing, which is
> why I left it for the end. Also, your history of the group has no link to
> the FAQ, and ignores those weres (like me, you brainless twit) who refuse to
> abandon the campfire to stupid trolls.

Sorry? The Wiki "ignores" you? I do not quite understand your
expectations there. Anyhow, as stated on multiple occasions, you are
free to correct any flaws in the wiki, that is the only reason it is a
wiki and the only reason I set it up and continue to pay it's hosting.

In fact, you give me an idea. I will try to see what I can to to plug
that NNTP/RSS gateway to AHWw and the Wiki. The Wiki supports RSS
sources and will be capable of providing content posted here to the
visitors of the Wiki. A majority of modern web surfers is known to
despise old technologies such as USENET, perhaps a web form of the
contetnt posted here might help attract interested posters or readers at
the very least.

> In short, a lot of back-patting for yourself, and precious little for anyone
> else. Self-esteem issues, Jure? I can find you a good psychologist...

Oh but do. If you can find anyone willing to talk to me online at 0$ fee
that would be most handy I must say.

Anyhow, a thing that really puzzles me Wanderer, why didn't you come to
me with all these complaints before? Do I really have to punch you in
the face to get some of that actually rather high quality criticism?

I appologize for my behaviour, but yes... thick skin Wanderer, thick
skin. It helps.

Snuhwolf

Mar 18, 2006, 10:20:53 AM3/18/06
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:37:29 +0100
Jure Sah <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote:

> Duke of URL wrote:
> > Why would anyone want a free Sibe? You'd have to PAY me to get me to take
> > one...
>
> I'd like a free one. Tho would pay for one too.

Free is always good. Who gets it is another matter.

> Sibes are nice.

Unless it supports my hardware its just junk.

--
www.beosnews.com

Jure Sah

Mar 18, 2006, 6:13:21 PM3/18/06
Snuhwolf wrote:
>>Sibes are nice.
>
> Unless it supports my hardware its just junk.

Sibe just might support your hardware Snuh. I hear he likes boys.

Jure Sah

Mar 19, 2006, 12:45:59 AM3/19/06
Jure Sah wrote:
> In fact, you give me an idea. I will try to see what I can to to plug
> that NNTP/RSS gateway to AHWw and the Wiki. The Wiki supports RSS
> sources and will be capable of providing content posted here to the
> visitors of the Wiki. A majority of modern web surfers is known to
> despise old technologies such as USENET, perhaps a web form of the
> contetnt posted here might help attract interested posters or readers at
> the very least.

This almost works. Had to program my own NNTP RSS gateway because the
Java one that already exists kinda compiles with 71 errors, then dies.

Here is the feed if you'd like to have it:
http://dustworld.dyndns.org:32500/nntp.xml

I've already put it in the wiki but there is an error and it is not
displayed. Maybe the problem will fix itself over time, maybe I'll fix
it instead. Give me some more time.

Snuhwolf

Mar 19, 2006, 9:51:01 AM3/19/06
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:13:21 +0100
Jure Sah <jure...@guest.arnes.si> wrote:

> Snuhwolf wrote:
> >>Sibes are nice.
> >
> > Unless it supports my hardware its just junk.
>
> Sibe just might support your hardware Snuh. I hear he likes boys.

But I dont like crooks :)

--
www.beosnews.com