已查看 109 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

KatmanDu

未读,
1994年12月13日 01:15:471994/12/13
收件人
In article <3cinuv$7...@mark.ucdavis.edu>
ez04...@bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu (James Harrion III) writes:

>Perhaps the word lycanthropy is a bit confusing at this point. Anyone
>besides me heard of the term 'therianthropy' (sp) which is a more general
>term for lycanthropy?

Not until now.. Webster's gives me theriomorphic- having an animal form.
Has possibilities... --katman (who learned a new word today!) du

michael william macklin

未读,
1994年12月14日 12:15:211994/12/14
收件人
James Harrion III (ez04...@bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu) wrote:

: Perhaps the word lycanthropy is a bit confusing at this point. Anyone

: besides me heard of the term 'therianthropy' (sp) which is a more general
: term for lycanthropy?

I have used the term 'therianthropic' to describe my spirits, as (yes)
lycanthropy is quite specific. They (my wolves) are lycanthropic, but their
shifting is extremely rare, if at all (and never human!).
As I see it, therianthropy applies to *any* human/animal form,
regardless of history, powers, or other attributes.

: : Someone once told me that upon
: : death, a lycanthrope actually becomes a vampyre. Is there any truth to
: : this?

I hope not.

If I found myself after death as a vamp,
I'd put the stake through my own heart......

---Lycaon

"They do it with \"""---c__ \ / __r---"""7
their eyes....." "c / T"\. \ / ,/"T \ c"
Whitley Strieber, The Wild "c ( l I\ \ / /I l ) c"
"I "-' s s `-" I"
Michael...@SHERIDANC.ON.CA ""-----' `-----""

Crystal or Moria

未读,
1994年12月14日 17:35:171994/12/14
收件人
In article <D0t99...@eclipse.sheridanc.on.ca>,

mac...@hubble.sheridanc.on.ca (michael william macklin) wrote:

> : : Someone once told me that upon
> : : death, a lycanthrope actually becomes a vampyre. Is there any truth to
> : : this?
>
> I hope not.
>
> If I found myself after death as a vamp,
> I'd put the stake through my own heart......

*SPLAT* whap-whap-whap-whap-whap-whap! <rollrollroll> *SPLAT!!!* Take
that, you blasphemous lycanthrope!!

<Crystal ducks back into the shadows waiting for her next snowball victim>
--
Good morning, Worm, Your Honor.
The Crown will plainly show

michael william macklin

未读,
1994年12月16日 18:53:571994/12/16
收件人
Crystal or Moria (cv...@cornell.edu) wrote:
:
: *SPLAT* whap-whap-whap-whap-whap-whap! <rollrollroll> *SPLAT!!!* Take

: that, you blasphemous lycanthrope!!
:
: <Crystal ducks back into the shadows waiting for her next snowball victim>

ACK!

Torrle zips around, but not in time to see his marauder's escape!
After shaking loose the now-melting projectiles in his fur, Torrle sneaks
stealthily in her general direction, low to the ground, trying to pick up
her trailing scent....
Noticing a fresh set of tracks, the wolf bounds along them in a
playful attempt to pursue her. The pawprints follow around a large pine
tree with snow-burdened branches that sweep low to the ground, and suddenly
stop. Torrle stands there......confused.

---Lycaon (as Torrle)
"Now where did she go?"

Crystal or Moria

未读,
1994年12月17日 08:03:321994/12/17
收件人
In article <D0xH1...@eclipse.sheridanc.on.ca>,

mac...@hubble.sheridanc.on.ca (michael william macklin) wrote:

> Crystal or Moria (cv...@cornell.edu) wrote:
> :
> : *SPLAT* whap-whap-whap-whap-whap-whap! <rollrollroll> *SPLAT!!!* Take
> : that, you blasphemous lycanthrope!!
> :
> : <Crystal ducks back into the shadows waiting for her next snowball victim>
>
> ACK!
>
> Torrle zips around, but not in time to see his marauder's escape!
> After shaking loose the now-melting projectiles in his fur, Torrle sneaks
> stealthily in her general direction, low to the ground, trying to pick up
> her trailing scent....
> Noticing a fresh set of tracks, the wolf bounds along them in a
> playful attempt to pursue her. The pawprints follow around a large pine
> tree with snow-burdened branches that sweep low to the ground, and suddenly
> stop. Torrle stands there......confused.
>
> ---Lycaon (as Torrle)
> "Now where did she go?"

Pawprints? Hmm... interesting. What KIND of pawprints? (the vampire
suspects she may not be alone in the tree after all... but what kind of
creature could lie undetected within her personal domain?)

Setting aside puzzling thoughts for the moment, Crystal gives the tree a
good shake, releasing a large cascade of snow that buries the confused
Torrle up to his nose. Now, about those pawprints...

KEITH PEPIN

未读,
1994年12月17日 09:58:001994/12/17
收件人
-> Torrle zips around, but not in time to see his marauder's escape!
-> After shaking loose the now-melting projectiles in his fur, Torrle
-> sneaks stealthily in her general direction, low to the ground, trying
-> to pick up her trailing scent....
-> Noticing a fresh set of tracks, the wolf bounds along them in a
-> playful attempt to pursue her. The pawprints follow around a large
-> pine tree with snow-burdened branches that sweep low to the ground,
-> and suddenly stop. Torrle stands there......confused.

Keith takes advantage of Torrle's confusion, and freezer scrapings go
[WHOOSH]... <SPLAT>

[ducking and running]

Keith Pepin
The Wolf
the_...@tmok.com

Holger Alsmeier

未读,
1994年12月20日 20:30:371994/12/20
收件人
dy...@nick.csh.rit.edu (Gary Coulbourne) writes:
#In article <mturner.20...@primenet.com> mtu...@primenet.com (Michael Turner) writes:
#
#I was always led to believe that it was the BASTARD son of a preacher. This
#was used in Neil Jordan's A COMPANY OF WOLVES and Alan Chronister's CRY WOLF.
#
#I may be wrong though...too early in the morning to check my sources.
#

Yeah, sorry, you're kind of wrong. But only kind of. As this is a Roman-Catho-
lic myth (or so I believe), ANY child of a preacher would be a bastard. After
all, they are to live in celibacy - although few of them did (or do). :-]

Howls from the shattered mirror,
H.

Michael Turner

未读,
1994年12月15日 21:09:041994/12/15
收件人
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.941207222852.2109E-100000@utkux1> dra...@utkux1.utk.edu (RICHARD) writes:
>From: dra...@utkux1.utk.edu (RICHARD)
>Subject: True Lycanthropy
>Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 22:45:16 -0500 (EST)

>To those who know:

> I know there are probably not too many lycanthropes on this net as
>they tend to keep to themselves in the wilderness. However, if there are
>some on-line, I have a few questions for you. Is lycanthropy an in-born
>trait or can it be transmitted through other means (like a bite). I know
>lupines hate vampyres, but why are those vampyres from the Gangrel clan
>not attacked?

Arghh!! Don't confuse the White Wolf fantasy game with reality! If you look
in any good dictionary you will see that the word gangrel is actually a
Scottish term for vagrant. If you are really are speaking in terms of the
White Wolf universe on the other hand, I can assure you it is purely a myth
that Gangrels are immune to the scorn of werewolves. On the few occasions
when the Gangrel is accepted by a werewolf, it is because of an initial
misunderstanding as to the true nature of the Gangrel.

In folklore there are many ways to become a werewolf:
-Be born the seventh son of the seven son
-The son of a preacher
-Be bitten by a werewolf (but you knew that)
-Heredity
-Evil deeds
-Become possessed by the appropriate animal spirit
-Find a shaman to teach you the proper ritual

The ritual method usually involves:
- bathing, imbibing, or rubbing on certain herbs which are often
halucinagenic
-donning a wolf or human skin
-running around in the wilderness
-Occasionally, acts of cannibalism

Are they not considered to be part of the corrupting force >(the
Wyrm)? What other lycanthrops are there besides lupines? Do they >all have
the same views of the world as far as the Weaver, the Wyld, and >the Wyrm?

This always puzzled me. In the White Wolf universe most lycanthropes start
off in the wolf or human society. Upon reaching puberity they undergo their
first change. If all goes right they are discovered by their fellow
lycanthropes and adopted into a pack. What I would like to know is how the
adoptee becomes so thoroughly brainwashed into the garou belief system after
having spent most of his/her life in a totally different society.

Can a shapeshifter, being mortal
enemies of vampyres, actually >be Embraced by one (converted into one)?

Yep, it's called an abomination. In theory they are forlorn and regected by
their society, doomed to roam the world alone. In practice they are
game unbalancing monsters who go around kicking everyone's ass.

Someone once told me that upon >death, a lycanthrope actually becomes a

vampyre. Is there any truth to >this? If you do not wish to respond on the
net, my e-mail address >is dra...@UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU

I've only ever incountered this myth in Polish folklore. This same folklore
tends to confuse vampire and werewolves so I wouldn't put too much stock in
it. On the other hand Polish folklore seems to talk about the same
phosphorescent (I kid you not), shapechanging blood drinkers that native
Mexican folklore speaks of.

Holly Turner
Tempe, Arizona mtu...@primenet.com

Crystal or Moria

未读,
1994年12月22日 08:33:511994/12/22
收件人
In article <788002...@radar.sauerland.de>, hol...@radar.sauerland.de
(Holger Alsmeier) wrote:

> Yeah, sorry, you're kind of wrong. But only kind of. As this is a Roman-Catho-
> lic myth (or so I believe), ANY child of a preacher would be a bastard.

Ah, but R.C. has padres or priests, not preachers, ministers, or pastors;
who are protestant. At least in the education I recieved.
Moria, who is feeling picky.

Michael Turner

未读,
1994年12月28日 12:38:211994/12/28
收件人
In article <788002...@radar.sauerland.de> hol...@radar.sauerland.de (Holger Alsmeier) writes:
>From: hol...@radar.sauerland.de (Holger Alsmeier)
>Subject: Re: True Lycanthropy
>Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 02:30:37 +0100

Oh dear, my Catholic upbringing is showing. I'll have to be more careful.
I believe the bastard son of a preacher is also correct. Since Catholic
priests are supposed to be celibate then all their children would be bastards.

Add to the list of potential werewolves anyone who has been excommunicated
from the church.

0 个新帖子