OT Bad days for people named Trump

Jim Joyce

Feb 16, 2024, 5:24:03 PMFeb 16

Trump and his two eldest sons just lost his New York AG case and have been
sentenced to pay about $355 million dollars, but the fines and interest will be
backdated, as appropriate, so that the total comes to about $450 million.

If Trump appeals, he'll have to prepay the entire amount, plus an additional
20%, into an escrow account, and interest will continue to accrue while any
appeals play out. If he wins on appeal, which looks extremely doubtful, he gets
the money back.

Taken along with the E. Jean Carroll judgments, $5 million and $83.3 million, it
hasn't been a banner year for Trump and his finances. Most reports say that he
doesn't have ready access to that kind of cash and he may have to sell assets.

He and his sons also lose the ability to run any companies in NY for the next 3
years, so two financial babysitters will oversee the operations of the Trump Org
for the duration of that period.

So, the guy who lost the ability to run his companies wants to be elected to run
the country. That sounds like a bad plan.

bruce bowser

Feb 17, 2024, 11:57:59 AMFeb 17
Also:
"Trump is charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records [Stormy Daniels Case]. The charge is a Class E felony in New York, the lowest tier of felony charges in the state. It is punishable by up to four years in prison ..."
WBAL TV
-- https://www.wbaltv.com/article/what-s-at-stake-in-trump-s-hush-money-criminal-case/46779470

micky

Feb 17, 2024, 3:23:31 PMFeb 17
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:57:54 -0800 (PST), bruce
bowser <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
4 years. How about Jan 20, 2025 to Jan 19, 2029.
What must really gripe him is that he has a Latino judge in this case,
Judge Juan Manuel Merchan

A black, female prosecutor in the NY real-estate documents case,
A black, female prosecutor in the Georgia case,
In the case where he claims he's immune from prosecution even if he had
someone killed -- I've lost track of which that is -- I think there is
a female judge but I know the appeals court that said, "No, you aren't"
had 3 females, one Chinese or at least Asian, one Black, and one white
but 2 years older than he is.
There may be more.

I don't think he likes being pushed around by women or Latinos.
Especially non-white women or Latinos, who may be poisoning our blood.

But who knows.

Ed P

Feb 17, 2024, 5:08:23 PMFeb 17

micky

Feb 17, 2024, 7:23:31 PMFeb 17
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:08:17 -0500, Ed P
I forgot about Roberta Kaplan. She deserves to be in the list above.
No kidding.

>https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4444181-carroll-lawyer-trump-deposition-lunch/

ROTFLOL ... This article is even funnier than the headline!

So Roberta Kaplan has gone against him in several cases. I did not know
that.

"provide her team lunch" So some of the others probably ate. I wonder
how the sandwiches were.

micky

Feb 17, 2024, 8:00:41 PMFeb 17

rbowman

Feb 17, 2024, 8:11:34 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:23:19 -0500, micky wrote:

> A black, female prosecutor in the Georgia case,

And what a piece of work she is...

Bob F

Feb 17, 2024, 11:47:03 PMFeb 17
Big Macs???

Peeler

Feb 18, 2024, 4:00:05 AMFeb 18
On 18 Feb 2024 01:11:26 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

>> A black, female prosecutor in the Georgia case,
>
> And what a piece of work she is...

Not as much as you are, you pathological bigmouth! <BG>

--
Yet another thrilling account from the resident senile superhero's senile
life:

trader_4

Feb 19, 2024, 11:22:24 AMFeb 19
On Friday, February 16, 2024 at 5:24:03 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
No worries, Trump just launched his hideous gold high top sneakers at SneakerCon.
I'm sure that will pay the bills. If not, he can just do what he always does, beg for
money from his followers. He even might try to use the PAC money he's raised
which he's been using to pay his other legal bills, to see if he can get away with
that. It is a whopping sum. Remember those collectible BS cards with him on them
that he was selling to his dummies? On a filing he said that he earned between
$100K and $1 mil from that. But sneakers should sell better. :)

micky

Feb 20, 2024, 3:03:29 PMFeb 20
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Feb 2024 08:22:19 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>No worries, Trump just launched his hideous gold high top sneakers at Sneak=
>erCon.
>I'm sure that will pay the bills. If not, he can just do what he always do=
>es, beg for=20
>money from his followers. He even might try to use the PAC money he's rai=
>sed
>which he's been using to pay his other legal bills, to see if he can get aw=
>ay with=20
>that. It is a whopping sum. Remember those collectible BS cards with him =
>on them
>that he was selling to his dummies? On a filing he said that he earned bet=
>ween
>$100K and $1 mil from that. But sneakers should sell better. :)

IIUC trump has expressed admiration for Abe Lincoln. Perhaps that's
where he got the sneakers idea, emulating Abe Lincoln who invented and
made a tidy bundle on Lincoln Logs.