Bathtub Faucet Removal

Sandy Kent

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Sorry, I posted this a few days ago but my e-mail went down. If anybody
knows anything about this please help me.

I have a one piece Waltec 12 bathtub faucet and I want to remove it but it
won't come off!
Has anyone seen one of these before? The knobs and the spout are all
together so I can't twist off the spout like usual and the whole unit seems
to be permanently attached to the pipes.
If you know how these thing come off please tell me how
Sandy

rmc...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
I think I have the same set of taps - the entire unit is on the outside of
the wall with the faucet handles and the spout in one unit. The faucet
handles for hot and cold should have a philips screw in the center which you
remove. The faucet handles can now be pulled off. This may take a lot of
pressure depending on corrosion and legth of time they have been on there.
There should be a small phillips screw on the diverter valve handle which
will allow you to remove this handle. Once you have all that off, there
should be a knurled chrome ring on each faucet revealed by removing the
faucet handle. Unscrew these rings and the spout assembly and the remaining
chrome bits should come off by sliding off the pipe that goes inside the
spout. Now you will have access to the insides of the faucet cartridge (be
sure supply cutoff is shut off) or the diverter valve.

Hope this helps

Ron

In article <g5oJ1.4673$Bn1.3...@news.rdc1.bc.wave.home.com>,