Why are revlimiters uneven?

Commander Kinsey

May 3, 2021, 12:13:54 PM5/3/21
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.

Peeler

May 3, 2021, 1:06:34 PM5/3/21
On Mon, 03 May 2021 17:13:44 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven Wanker","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

<FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
attention-baiting sick bullshit unread again>

--
damdu...@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

Rod Speed

May 3, 2021, 2:23:57 PM5/3/21
Commander Kinsey <C...@nospam.com> wrote

> Is it to warn you?

No idea what you are on about this time.

> Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

Rather different technology. Many dimmers cant,
they cut off abruptly at the lower light levels.

Peeler

May 3, 2021, 2:36:07 PM5/3/21
On Tue, 4 May 2021 04:23:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish wanker and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse shit doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky shit, but then why does vegetarian human shit stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow shit stinks too."

rbowman

May 3, 2021, 10:01:24 PM5/3/21
On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

May 4, 2021, 2:16:27 AM5/4/21
Never saw the original post. There is a holding current in a triac, and once
the current drops below this a kind of Hysteresis occurs so you need to turn
it up to get it conducting again.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rod Speed

May 4, 2021, 2:37:15 AM5/4/21
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> Never saw the original post.

He fucked up uk.d-I-y he had uk.diy

> There is a holding current in a triac, and once the current drops below
> this a kind of Hysteresis occurs so you need to turn it up to get it
> conducting again.

leds don’t dim using triacs but still cant be dimmed right down close
to zero for use as a nightlight with the philips hues particularly.

> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

Peeler

May 4, 2021, 2:46:50 AM5/4/21
On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:01:29 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
Just what makes the unwashed Scottish wanker so irresistible to some of you
disgusting senile assholes? Is it the fact that he admitted that he never
wears any underwear? Or is it the fact that he rarely washes? Or both? YUCK!

Peeler

May 4, 2021, 3:30:14 AM5/4/21
On Tue, 4 May 2021 16:36:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

cretin's pathological trolling:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/

Peter Keller

May 4, 2021, 4:49:14 AM5/4/21
On 4/05/21 5:06 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2021 17:13:44 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
> "James Wilkinson", "Steven Wanker","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
> the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
> blathered again:
>
> <FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
> attention-baiting sick bullshit unread again>

Peeler has a cartilaginous skull (although the part surrounding the
brain is composed primarily of a fibrous sheath) and tooth-like
structures composed of keratin.

Peter Keller

May 4, 2021, 4:50:19 AM5/4/21

On 4/05/21 6:36 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Tue, 4 May 2021 04:23:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
> blather>

Peeler's eyes are simple eyespots, not lensed eyes that can resolve images.

Peter Keller

May 4, 2021, 4:51:56 AM5/4/21

On 4/05/21 7:29 pm, Peeler wrote:
> On Tue, 4 May 2021 16:36:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

Peeler has no true fins and has six or eight barbels around the mouth
and a single nostril.

Peter Keller

May 4, 2021, 4:53:23 AM5/4/21
Instead of vertically articulating jaws like Gnathostomata (vertebrates
with jaws), Peeler has a pair of horizontally moving structures with
tooth-like projections for pulling off food.

Peeler

May 4, 2021, 5:13:33 AM5/4/21
On Tue, 4 May 2021 20:53:18 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

>> Just what makes the unwashed Scottish wanker so irresistible to some of you
>> disgusting senile assholes? Is it the fact that he admitted that he never
>> wears any underwear? Or is it the fact that he rarely washes? Or both? YUCK!
>>
> Instead of vertically articulating jaws like Gnathostomata (vertebrates
> with jaws), Peeler has a pair of horizontally moving structures with
> tooth-like projections for pulling off food.

You must be the dumbest gay shitty byker in the UK's streets! LOL

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

May 4, 2021, 8:23:16 AM5/4/21
OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience trying to
dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty cycle,
ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with variable
mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons and
the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not terribly
accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a spread of
linearity in any given number.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Clare Snyder

May 4, 2021, 12:03:12 PM5/4/21
On Tue, 4 May 2021 13:23:09 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
<bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience trying to
>dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty cycle,
>ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with variable
>mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons and
>the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not terribly
>accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a spread of
>linearity in any given number.
> Brian
Dimming LEDs in a FC circuit can be very linear right down to almost
out. On an AC circuit running at 60HZ the resolution gets pretty
rough. The switching rate is only 60 times per second so the on/off
ratio is pretty limitted whether using rizing edge, falling edge or
zero crossing switching -

With DC the switching rate can be whatever the engineer wants, and
the mark space ratio (duty cycle) can also be manipulated quite
successfully

As for "Rev Limiters" in the subject I ASS U ME the original question
was aboput engine rev limiters and how the engine "hunts" on the
limiter. This is due to Fuel Cut being used to limit the speed and it
being an "all or nothing" process - fuel injection shuts off at a
programmed RPM and comes back on when the RPM drops to a lower
programmed RPM. It is theoretically possible to make a smooth cut-off
but it is programattically complex - and for what advantage???
The "choppy" rev limitter lets the driver know he has hit it - a soft
limit would tempt an agressive driver to stay "on the limit"
constantly (like a diesel truck on the governor)

Rod Speed

May 4, 2021, 12:31:54 PM5/4/21
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> OK what do they use then,

A controlled current regulator.

> All I remember from my brief experience trying to dim leds was that the
> most successful way of doing that was by duty cycle, ie on to off times
> with them driven by some kind of oscillator with variable mark space
> ratios.

It is much better to control the current thru the leds.

And it makes no sense to use a triac when varying
the mark/space ratio with leds anyway.

> However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons and the longest offs
> tends to still be visible in most cases,

That’s mad, leds have very little inertia.

> and not terribly accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a
> spread of linearity in any given number.

That would be a mad approach too.

> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

Fredxx

May 4, 2021, 12:38:56 PM5/4/21
On 04/05/2021 13:23, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience trying to
> dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty cycle,
> ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with variable
> mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons and
> the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not terribly
> accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a spread of
> linearity in any given number.

PWM is the cheapest way as it needs no other component.

For a small improvement in efficiency then a constant current source
would be best but obviously costs more.

Rod Speed

May 4, 2021, 1:33:33 PM5/4/21

"Fredxx" <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
Doesn’t necessarily cost anything more at all with leds. Same price as
voltage regulators.

Peeler

May 4, 2021, 2:39:28 PM5/4/21
On Wed, 5 May 2021 02:31:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

02:31??? AGAIN? Is your senility not letting you sleep in again, you
abnormal senile troll?

Peeler

May 4, 2021, 2:40:23 PM5/4/21
On Wed, 5 May 2021 03:33:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest trollshit unread>

--
Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."

Max Demian

May 4, 2021, 5:00:12 PM5/4/21
On 04/05/2021 17:38, Fredxx wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 13:23, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

>> OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience
>> trying to
>> dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty
>> cycle,
>> ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with
>> variable
>> mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons
>> and
>> the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not
>> terribly
>> accurate if many leds are used  as the load, there being a spread of
>> linearity in any given number.
>
> PWM is the cheapest way as it needs no other component.

Yes, I made a PWM dimmer circuit (for fun) based on circuits I found on
the Internet and it works well, and dims to nothingness. (12VDC working
a white LED strip.)

--
Max Demian

The Natural Philosopher

May 5, 2021, 4:14:24 AM5/5/21
do it at high enough frequency and there is no visible flicker, and you
can feed the LEDS via a small ferrite inductor with a parallel capacitor
and reduce HF flicker too.

private property.

Karl Marx

Commander Kinsey

May 5, 2021, 2:35:16 PM5/5/21
But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve. I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast. The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Rod Speed

May 5, 2021, 4:34:45 PM5/5/21

"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>> Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.
>>
>> On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
>> wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.
>
> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

> The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you fucked up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

Peeler

May 5, 2021, 4:45:43 PM5/5/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 06:34:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

Peter Keller

May 5, 2021, 7:10:40 PM5/5/21
On 5/05/21 6:39 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2021 02:31:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>
>
> 02:31??? AGAIN? Is your senility not letting you sleep in again, you
> abnormal senile troll?

Peter Keller

May 5, 2021, 7:12:06 PM5/5/21
On 5/05/21 6:40 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2021 03:33:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest trollshit unread>

Peeler's skin is only attached to the body along the center ridge of the
back and at the slime glands, and is filled with close to a third of the
body's blood volume, giving the impression of a blood-filled sack.

Peter Keller

May 5, 2021, 7:13:44 PM5/5/21
On 4/05/21 6:46 pm, Peeler wrote:
Peeler is long and vermiform, and can exude copious quantities of a
milky and fibrous slime or mucus from some 100 glands or invaginations
running along his flank.

Peter Keller

May 5, 2021, 7:15:26 PM5/5/21
When Peeler is captured and held, e.g., by the tail, he secretes the
microfibrous mucus, which expands into up to 20 litres of sticky,
gelatinous material when combined with water.

Peter Keller

May 5, 2021, 7:17:07 PM5/5/21

On 6/05/21 8:45 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2021 06:34:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
> blather>

If Peler remains captured, he can tie himself in an overhand knot, which
works its way from the head to the tail

TMS320

May 5, 2021, 7:18:35 PM5/5/21
On 05/05/2021 19:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>> Is it to warn you?  Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.
>>
>> On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
>> wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.
>
> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
> fast.  The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Engines that run stochiometric have to be all or nothing. Diesel are
smoothly limited. It ought to be possible to smooth limit stratified
petrol but I don't know from experience because mine just shifts up and
keeps going.

rbowman

May 5, 2021, 11:47:15 PM5/5/21
My car is an automatic so that is what it does. I never tried putting it
in first or second to see what it does when it hits the limiter.

Two of my bikes have carburetors so manipulating injectors isn't an
option. I haven't hit the limiter on the other bike and just shift at
10000.

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 3:03:19 AM5/6/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 11:17:02 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:
LOL You must be the dumbest gay shitty little byker cycling through the UK's
streets!

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 3:06:04 AM5/6/21
On Wed, 5 May 2021 21:47:19 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> My car is an automatic so that is what it does.

I wonder whether your car, too, thinks that you are an endlessly driveling
senile gossip, lowbrowwoman. <BG>

jon

May 6, 2021, 3:25:22 AM5/6/21
Had a rev limiter on my RS1600 with electronic ignition in 1975, it worked
well at 6700 rpm.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:39:20 AM5/6/21
Rheological investigations showed that Peeler's slime viscosity
increases in elongational flow which favours gill clogging of suction
feeding fish, while its viscosity decreases in shear which facilitates
scraping off the slime by the travelling-knot.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:41:41 AM5/6/21
Peeler's slime has been proven to impair the function of a predator
fish's gills. In this case, Peeler's mucus would clog the predator's
gills, disabling their ability to respire.

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 8:10:23 AM5/6/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 22:41:35 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

>> I wonder whether your car, too, thinks that you are an endlessly driveling
>> senile gossip, lowbrowwoman. <BG>
>>

> Peeler's slime has been proven to impair the function of a predator
> fish's gills. In this case, Peeler's mucus would clog the predator's
> gills, disabling their ability to respire.

<VBG> Poor idiotic gay cyclist!

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 8:12:21 AM5/6/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 22:39:14 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

>> LOL You must be the dumbest gay shitty little byker cycling through the UK's
>> streets!
>>

> Rheological investigations showed that Peeler's slime viscosity
> increases in elongational flow which favours gill clogging of suction
> feeding fish, while its viscosity decreases in shear which facilitates
> scraping off the slime by the travelling-knot.

IOW, you ARE the dumbest gay shitty little byker cycling in the UK's
streets! LOL

Commander Kinsey

May 6, 2021, 1:33:11 PM5/6/21
It must be possible, all it has to do is what you would do if you wanted to hold it there - adjust how far you press the accelerator. I guess that gets more expensive as it would have to have a bit of intelligence to monitor how much it had throttled it. But aren't most modern cars already throttle controlled through a circuit board?

Commander Kinsey

May 6, 2021, 1:34:45 PM5/6/21
On Thu, 06 May 2021 04:47:19 +0100, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:

> On 05/05/2021 05:18 PM, TMS320 wrote:

>>> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power
>>> curve. I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never
>>> go too fast. The driver would still feel the lack of power.
>>
>> Engines that run stochiometric have to be all or nothing. Diesel are
>> smoothly limited. It ought to be possible to smooth limit stratified
>> petrol but I don't know from experience because mine just shifts up and
>> keeps going.
>
> My car is an automatic so that is what it does. I never tried putting it
> in first or second to see what it does when it hits the limiter.

In my Golf, the selection was only advice from me to the car. If I said "1st" and that was a stupid idea, it would use 2nd. Fun to select 1st when going at highway speed. It dropped the gears precisely when sensible to do so and stopped very quickly.

> Two of my bikes have carburetors so manipulating injectors isn't an
> option. I haven't hit the limiter on the other bike and just shift at
> 10000.

Commander Kinsey

May 6, 2021, 1:35:44 PM5/6/21
On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
>>> wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.
>>
>> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
>> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast.
>
> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve anyway.

>> The driver would still feel the lack of power.
>
> Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.
>
> And you fucked up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

No, the guy that made the group fucked it up. How did you notice?

Commander Kinsey

May 6, 2021, 1:37:00 PM5/6/21
I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993. I broke the engine badly. I thought they all had them by then!

Rod Speed

May 6, 2021, 1:40:44 PM5/6/21

"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message
Still easier to just cut the sparks instead of tweaking whats injected.

And easier to indicate to the driver that the system is limiting
the revs in a way that only a technoklutz could ignore.

And you havent fixed the uk.diy in this thread.

Rod Speed

May 6, 2021, 1:49:27 PM5/6/21

> On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
>>> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
>>> fast.
>>
>> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.
>
> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
> anyway.

It doesn't drop off that dramatically.

>>> The driver would still feel the lack of power.
>>
>> Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.
>>
>> And you fucked up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy
>
> No, the guy that made the group fucked it up. How did you notice?

My news client whinged about it not being a valid newsgroup.

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 2:25:36 PM5/6/21
On Fri, 7 May 2021 03:49:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID: <fvlcdc...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 2:26:14 PM5/6/21
On Fri, 7 May 2021 03:40:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then fuck the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try fucking them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try fucking them. Try it and see."

The Natural Philosopher

May 6, 2021, 4:05:38 PM5/6/21
On 06/05/2021 18:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
>>> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
>>> fast.
>>
>> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.
>
> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
> anyway.

That depends entirely on how the engine is set up. A turbocharged angine
for racing can easily be delivering nearly flat torque all the way to
disitegration and will develop full power on the limiters edge

>>> The driver would still feel the lack of power.
>>
>> Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.
>>
>> And you fucked up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy
>
> No, the guy that made the group fucked it up.  How did you notice?

--
“People believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.

Paul Krugman

The Natural Philosopher

May 6, 2021, 4:06:15 PM5/6/21
On 06/05/2021 18:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993.  I
> broke the engine badly.

That shows what a stupid cunt you are then

Peeler

May 6, 2021, 5:06:47 PM5/6/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 21:05:33 +0100, The Natural Idiot, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered again:

> On 06/05/2021 18:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.
>>
>> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
>> anyway.
>
> That depends entirely on how the engine is set up.

He doesn't set up engines, he sets up baits for all you senile assholes who
are THANKFUL when they get baited by the dumbest trolling psycho around!

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:52:39 PM5/6/21
Peeler generally respires by taking in water through his pharynx, past
the velar chamber, and bringing the water through the 16 internal gill
pouches.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:54:36 PM5/6/21
Peeler's oesophagus is also connected to the left branchial opening,
which is therefore larger than the right one, through a
pharyngocutaneous duct (oesophageocutaneous duct), which has no
respiratory tissue.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:55:46 PM5/6/21
Peeler's pharyngocutaneous duct is used to clear large particles from
the pharynx, a function also partly taking place through the
nasopharyngeal canal.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:57:13 PM5/6/21
The unidirectional water flow passing Peeler's gills is produced by
rolling and unrolling velar folds located inside a chamber developed
from the nasohypophyseal tract, and is operated by a complex set of
muscles inserting into cartilages of the neurocranium, assisted by
peristaltic contractions of the gill pouches and their ducts.

Peter Keller

May 6, 2021, 6:58:32 PM5/6/21
On 7/05/21 6:26 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2021 03:40:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
> blather>

Peeler also has a well-developed dermal capillary network that supplies
the skin with oxygen when he is buried in anoxic mud, as well as a high
tolerance for both hypoxia and anoxia, with a well developed anaerobic
metabolism.

Peeler

May 7, 2021, 4:16:20 AM5/7/21
On Fri, 7 May 2021 10:58:26 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:
LOL Poor demented gay cyclist!

Peter Keller

May 7, 2021, 5:06:50 AM5/7/21
Peeler's eyes lack lenses, extraocular muscles, and the three motor
cranial nerves (III, IV, and VI) found in more complex vertebrates.

Peeler

May 7, 2021, 6:13:59 AM5/7/21

>>> Peeler also has a well-developed dermal capillary network that supplies
>>> the skin with oxygen when he is buried in anoxic mud, as well as a high
>>> tolerance for both hypoxia and anoxia, with a well developed anaerobic
>>> metabolism.
>>
>> LOL Poor demented gay cyclist!
>>

> Peeler's eyes lack lenses, extraocular muscles, and the three motor
> cranial nerves (III, IV, and VI) found in more complex vertebrates.

LOL Like I already said: you poor demented gay cyclist! LOL

TMS320

May 7, 2021, 6:54:20 AM5/7/21
On 06/05/2021 18:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>> But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
>>> I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
>>> fast.
>>
>> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.
>
> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
> anyway.

It's a primitive technique for an engine under-endowed with torque. When
you change up, there is an inevitable drop in power so the idea of
revving beyond peak power is to get further up the curve in the next gear.

The Natural Philosopher

May 7, 2021, 6:58:27 AM5/7/21
Kinsey simply has no idea.
In the old days you strangle the breathing so customers wouldn't over
rev the engine as it was obvious that you would get more power at lower
revs.

But even my MG midgets of 1970s vintage could produce more power beyond
the orange and up into the red, by dint of having more carburation

Turbo and supercharging makes it even easier to get good torque at te
top of the rev band

These days you cant get 'over the power curve'

--
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

Peeler

May 7, 2021, 10:41:17 AM5/7/21
On Fri, 7 May 2021 11:54:14 +0100, TMS320, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

>> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
>> anyway.
>
> It's a primitive technique for an engine under-endowed with torque.

It's a PRIMITIVE TROLL, you senile swallower of every troll bait! <tsk>

Peter Keller

May 8, 2021, 4:24:13 AM5/8/21

Peter Keller

May 8, 2021, 4:27:53 AM5/8/21
Peeler is the only known vertebrate with osmoregulation isosmotic to his
external environment. Renal function of Peeler remains poorly described.
Hypothetically, he excretes ions in bile salts.

Peeler

May 8, 2021, 5:09:23 AM5/8/21
On Sat, 8 May 2021 20:27:46 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

>>> Peeler's eyes lack lenses, extraocular muscles, and the three motor
>>> cranial nerves (III, IV, and VI) found in more complex vertebrates.
>>
>> LOL Like I already said: you poor demented gay cyclist! LOL
>>

> Peeler is the only known vertebrate with osmoregulation isosmotic to his
> external environment. Renal function of Peeler remains poorly described.
> Hypothetically, he excretes ions in bile salts.

Buahahahahahahaaa!!! Poor demented gay cyclist!

Peeler

May 8, 2021, 5:13:26 AM5/8/21
On Sat, 8 May 2021 20:24:07 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

>> It's a PRIMITIVE TROLL, you senile swallower of every troll bait! <tsk>
>>
> The unidirectional water flow passing Peeler's gills is produced by

Someone needs to flush the shit out of your skull where it keeps fomenting
incessantly, you demented gay cyclist! LOL

Peter Keller

May 9, 2021, 2:21:34 PM5/9/21
The complexity of Peeler's brain has been an issue of debate since the
late 19th century, with some morphologists suggesting that he does not
possess a cerebellum, while others suggest that it is continuous with
the midbrain.[

Peter Keller

May 9, 2021, 2:21:39 PM5/9/21

Commander Kinsey

May 9, 2021, 2:37:14 PM5/9/21
On Tue, 04 May 2021 17:03:04 +0100, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 2021 13:23:09 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
> <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience trying to
>> dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty cycle,
>> ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with variable
>> mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons and
>> the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not terribly
>> accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a spread of
>> linearity in any given number.
>> Brian
> Dimming LEDs in a FC circuit can be very linear right down to almost
> out. On an AC circuit running at 60HZ the resolution gets pretty
> rough. The switching rate is only 60 times per second so the on/off
> ratio is pretty limitted whether using rizing edge, falling edge or
> zero crossing switching -
>
> With DC the switching rate can be whatever the engineer wants, and
> the mark space ratio (duty cycle) can also be manipulated quite
> successfully
>
> As for "Rev Limiters" in the subject I ASS U ME the original question
> was aboput engine rev limiters and how the engine "hunts" on the
> limiter. This is due to Fuel Cut being used to limit the speed and it
> being an "all or nothing" process - fuel injection shuts off at a
> programmed RPM and comes back on when the RPM drops to a lower
> programmed RPM. It is theoretically possible to make a smooth cut-off
> but it is programattically complex - and for what advantage???
> The "choppy" rev limitter lets the driver know he has hit it - a soft
> limit would tempt an agressive driver to stay "on the limit"
> constantly (like a diesel truck on the governor)

An aggressive driver would soon realise that staying on the limiter is well past the peak of the power curve, so he'd end up going slower.

Peeler

May 9, 2021, 2:37:36 PM5/9/21
On Sun, 9 May 2021 23:17:59 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

>>> Peeler is the only known vertebrate with osmoregulation isosmotic to his
>>> external environment. Renal function of Peeler remains poorly described.
>>> Hypothetically, he excretes ions in bile salts.
>>
>> Buahahahahahahaaa!!! Poor demented gay cyclist!
>>
> The complexity of Peeler's brain has been an issue of debate since the
> late 19th century, with some morphologists suggesting that he does not
> possess a cerebellum, while others suggest that it is continuous with
> the midbrain.[

Like I just said: "Buahahahahahahaaa!!! You poor demented gay cyclist!"

Commander Kinsey

May 9, 2021, 2:37:46 PM5/9/21
On Mon, 03 May 2021 19:23:43 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Commander Kinsey <C...@nospam.com> wrote
>
>> Is it to warn you?
>
> No idea what you are on about this time.

It's obvious what I meant, the car warns the driver he's revving too high by making the engine jump on and off.

Peeler

May 9, 2021, 2:39:07 PM5/9/21
On Fri, 7 May 2021 10:57:08 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

>>> Peeler's slime has been proven to impair the function of a predator
>>> fish's gills. In this case, Peeler's mucus would clog the predator's
>>> gills, disabling their ability to respire.
>>
>> <VBG> Poor idiotic gay cyclist!
>>

> The unidirectional water flow passing Peeler's gills is produced by
> rolling and unrolling velar folds located inside a chamber developed
> from the nasohypophyseal tract, and is operated by a complex set of
> muscles inserting into cartilages of the neurocranium, assisted by
> peristaltic contractions of the gill pouches and their ducts.

As I said: You poor idiotic gay cyclist! <BG>

Commander Kinsey

May 9, 2021, 2:39:49 PM5/9/21
On Tue, 04 May 2021 18:33:20 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Fredxx" <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 04/05/2021 13:23, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>>> OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience trying
>>> dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty
>>> cycle,
>>> ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with
>>> variable
>>> mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons
>>> and
>>> the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not
>>> terribly
>>> accurate if many leds are used as the load, there being a spread of
>>> linearity in any given number.
>>
>> PWM is the cheapest way as it needs no other component.
>>
>> For a small improvement in efficiency then a constant current source would
>> be best but obviously costs more.
>
> Doesn’t necessarily cost anything more at all with leds. Same price as
> voltage regulators.

But if I buy a "dimmable LED" lightbulb, I can dim it with a dimmer that's on the wall, at 240V AC. Is there electronics inside the bulb sensing the PWM from the dimmer and using that to control its internal current limiter?

Commander Kinsey

May 9, 2021, 2:40:42 PM5/9/21
On Wed, 05 May 2021 09:14:18 +0100, The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 04/05/2021 22:00, Max Demian wrote:

>>> PWM is the cheapest way as it needs no other component.
>>
>> Yes, I made a PWM dimmer circuit (for fun) based on circuits I found on
>> the Internet and it works well, and dims to nothingness. (12VDC working
>> a white LED strip.)
>>
> do it at high enough frequency and there is no visible flicker, and you
> can feed the LEDS via a small ferrite inductor with a parallel capacitor
> and reduce HF flicker too.

Please tell the car manufacturers how to do this so I don't have to watch flickering tail lights while driving behind someone, or flashing headlights on TV.

Rod Speed

May 9, 2021, 3:24:39 PM5/9/21

"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message
I was talking about led bulbs that dim without a dimmer that’s on the
wall. The dimmer is internal and just has a current regulator instead
of a voltage regulator that costs the same. No PWM involved.

Peeler

Commander Kinsey

May 10, 2021, 2:09:37 PM5/10/21
On Thu, 06 May 2021 21:05:33 +0100, The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 06/05/2021 18:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.
>>
>> You're getting fuck all performance if you've gone over the power curve
>> anyway.
>
> That depends entirely on how the engine is set up. A turbocharged angine
> for racing can easily be delivering nearly flat torque all the way to
> disitegration and will develop full power on the limiters edge

I've never seen a power curve like that. Admittedly I've usually looked at curves for residential [1] cars, but I've seen a handful for racing.

That really isn't the word I want to use there.

Commander Kinsey

May 10, 2021, 2:10:15 PM5/10/21
Perhaps there should be more gears then.

The Natural Philosopher

May 10, 2021, 2:48:14 PM5/10/21
Its not my fault you are a thick ignorant cunt, is it?

--
“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.”

Herbert Spencer

Peter Keller

May 10, 2021, 8:16:48 PM5/10/21
On 10/05/21 7:42 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2021 05:24:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
> blather>

Peeler's musculature differs from jawed vertebrates in that he does not
have a horizontal septum nor vertical septum, junctions of connective
tissue that separate the hypaxial musculature and epaxial musculature.

Peter Keller

May 10, 2021, 8:18:50 PM5/10/21
Peeler does, however, have true myomeres and myosepta like all vertebrates.

Peter Keller

May 10, 2021, 8:20:05 PM5/10/21
The mechanics of peeler's craniofacial muscles in feeding have been
investigated, revealing advantages and disadvantages of the dental plate.

Peeler

May 11, 2021, 3:05:22 AM5/11/21
On Tue, 11 May 2021 12:20:00 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

>> Like I just said: "Buahahahahahahaaa!!! You poor demented gay cyclist!"
>>
> The mechanics of peeler's craniofacial muscles in feeding have been
> investigated, revealing advantages and disadvantages of the dental plate.

Very impressive ...your idiocy that is, you demented gay little cyclist!!!
LMAO

Peter Keller

May 11, 2021, 4:45:41 AM5/11/21
Peeler's skeleton comprises the skull, the notochord, and the caudal fin
rays.

Peeler

May 11, 2021, 6:09:22 AM5/11/21
On Tue, 11 May 2021 20:45:34 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

> On 11/05/21 7:05 pm, Peeler wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 May 2021 12:20:00 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
>> little cyclist, blabbered again:

>>> The mechanics of peeler's craniofacial muscles in feeding have been
>>> investigated, revealing advantages and disadvantages of the dental plate.
>>
>> Very impressive ...your idiocy that is, you demented gay little cyclist!!!
>> LMAO
>>

> Peeler's skeleton comprises the skull, the notochord, and the caudal fin
> rays.

Like I said: VERY impressive ...your idiocy that is! LOL

Commander Kinsey

May 11, 2021, 1:52:29 PM5/11/21
On Thu, 06 May 2021 18:40:32 +0100, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> Engines that run stochiometric have to be all or nothing. Diesel are
>>> smoothly limited. It ought to be possible to smooth limit stratified
>>> petrol but I don't know from experience because mine just shifts up and
>>> keeps going.
>>
>> It must be possible, all it has to do is what you would do if you wanted
>> to hold it there - adjust how far you press the accelerator. I guess that
>> gets more expensive as it would have to have a bit of intelligence to
>> monitor how much it had throttled it. But aren't most modern cars already
>> throttle controlled through a circuit board?
>
> Still easier to just cut the sparks instead of tweaking whats injected.

Easier yes, but I wouldn't have thought it was drastically easier, especially since the engine is already computer monitored and controlled for a variety of other things.

> And easier to indicate to the driver that the system is limiting
> the revs in a way that only a technoklutz could ignore.

The driver doesn't need to know, provided it's not harmful to reach the revs it limits at.

> And you havent fixed the uk.diy in this thread.

You already did it for me. Or if this is the second thread I made like that, it's because I typed it wrong again. I can't get out of that habit. and I know of no way in this newsreader to post to multiple groups without typing them in.

Commander Kinsey

May 11, 2021, 1:53:06 PM5/11/21
On Thu, 06 May 2021 21:06:10 +0100, The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 06/05/2021 18:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993. I
>> broke the engine badly.
>
> That shows what a stupid cunt you are then

Why would anyone expect a car from 1993 not to have a limiter?

The Natural Philosopher

May 11, 2021, 2:27:01 PM5/11/21
On 11/05/2021 18:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Thu, 06 May 2021 21:06:10 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
> <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2021 18:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>> I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993.  I
>>> broke the engine badly.
>>
>> That shows what a stupid cunt you are then
>
> Why would anyone expect a car from 1993 not to have a limiter?

Because they were a stupid cunt?

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.

Rod Speed

May 11, 2021, 2:32:32 PM5/11/21

"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message
They do because otherwise they will be telling mechanics
something goes wrong at the higher revs.

> provided it's not harmful to reach the revs it limits at.

>> And you havent fixed the uk.diy in this thread.

> You already did it for me.

But I cant with the others you reply to in this thread like the turnip.

> Or if this is the second thread I made like that, it's because I typed it
> wrong again.

Yes you did.

> I can't get out of that habit.

You mostly do get it right.

> and I know of no way in this newsreader to post to multiple groups without
> typing them in.

Dunno. With mine you can select from a list of the
groups you have subscribed to or type it in.

Peeler

May 11, 2021, 3:21:49 PM5/11/21
On Tue, 11 May 2021 19:26:55 +0100, The Natural Idiot, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered again:

>> Why would anyone expect a car from 1993 not to have a limiter?
>>
> Because they were a stupid cunt?

Says the stupid cunt that keeps feeding the clinically insane sociopathic
troll! <G>

Peeler

May 11, 2021, 3:22:54 PM5/11/21
On Wed, 12 May 2021 04:32:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

Peter Keller

May 11, 2021, 7:10:50 PM5/11/21
The lingual apparatus of Peeler is composed of a cartilage base bearing
two teeth-covered plates (dental plate) articulated with a series of
large cartilage shafts.

Peter Keller

May 11, 2021, 7:13:10 PM5/11/21

On 12/05/21 7:22 am, Peeler wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2021 04:32:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
> Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
>
> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
> blather>

The nasal capsule is considerably expanded in Peeler, comprising a
fibrous sheath lined with cartilage rings.

rbowman

May 11, 2021, 8:58:45 PM5/11/21
Limiters predated the widespread use of FI. While the industry has come
a long way in the past 30 years there still is a tendency to stick with
what worked in the past.

TMS320

May 12, 2021, 3:22:52 AM5/12/21
Or a wider power band - eg, electric motor (*) - and one gear.

Modern turbocharged engines tend to be mapped to develop a plateau over
4500-6500rpm with minimal discernable peak. Add a 7 or 8 speed automatic
and the old lurch and grind is gone.

(*) Comparisons of torque between EV and ICE are irrelevant. EV tend to
be geared to the equivalent of 2nd gear (9-10mph/1000rpm) so have twice
the torque to replace 1st. Using power = torque x rpm it can been that
the knee point is about 2500rpm.

Peeler

May 12, 2021, 4:25:27 AM5/12/21
On Wed, 12 May 2021 08:22:45 +0100, TMS320, the notorious, troll-feeding
senile asshole, blathered again:

>> Perhaps there should be more gears then.
>
> Or a wider power band - eg, electric motor (*) - and one gear.
>
> Modern turbocharged engines tend to be mapped to develop a plateau over
> 4500-6500rpm with minimal discernable peak. Add a 7 or 8 speed automatic
> and the old lurch and grind is gone.

LOL Another miserable senile ASSHOLE who is thankful that some filthy troll
keeps baiting him!

Peeler

May 12, 2021, 4:26:17 AM5/12/21
On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:10:43 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

>>> Peeler's skeleton comprises the skull, the notochord, and the caudal fin
>>> rays.
>>
>> Like I said: VERY impressive ...your idiocy that is! LOL
>>

> The lingual apparatus of Peeler is composed of a cartilage base bearing
> two teeth-covered plates (dental plate) articulated with a series of
> large cartilage shafts.

Poor idiotic cyclist! LOL

Peeler

May 12, 2021, 4:27:22 AM5/12/21
On Wed, 12 May 2021 11:13:04 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
little cyclist, blabbered again:

>> <FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
>> blather>
>>

> The nasal capsule is considerably expanded in Peeler, comprising a
> fibrous sheath lined with cartilage rings.

Doesn't it hurt to be as stupid as you are, you dumb gay cyclist? LOL

Peeler

May 12, 2021, 4:29:48 AM5/12/21
On Tue, 11 May 2021 18:58:50 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Limiters predated the widespread use of FI. While the industry has come
> a long way in the past 30 years there still is a tendency to stick with
> what worked in the past.

But not as much as you stick to the unwashed trolling wanker's cock,
lowbrowwoman! <G>

Peter Keller

May 12, 2021, 6:16:53 AM5/12/21
The role of the branchial arches in Peeler is highly speculative, as the
embryo Peeler undergoes a caudal shift of the posterior pharyngeal
pouches; thus, the branchial arches do not support gills.
It is loading more messages.