OT: Brandon's Republican statement

Jan 21, 2022, 7:32:09 PM1/21/22
Hi All,

In Brandon's bizarre new conference, he asked
"Name one thing Republicans are for".

Here is a great response in the form of a cartoon.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2022/01/918/516/cartoon-12122-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

-T

trader_4

Jan 22, 2022, 8:36:15 AM1/22/22
Sadly the Republicans don't talk much about those things anymore. Instead they spend
most of their time pissing and moaning about masks, discouraging people from
getting vaccinated, trashing CDC, Fauci and science, continuing the big lie about a stolen
election, trying to claim Jan 6 was not an insurrection but just some unruly patriots, etc.

I see Trump just got another right proper smack down by the Supreme Court, including
all three of his conserative Republican appointees. They ruled 8-1 that Trump's claim to
be able to withhold
Jan 6 evidence from Congress using exec privilege is BS. They said no need to decide
his interesting claim, that as an ex-president, he still has the right to exert exec privilege.
They said his claim fails every test for legitimate use of exec privilege, even if he were
still the president. Long live the truth! I'm sure the Trumptards will now add those
Republican SC justices to the long list of Rino no good scum, because they followed
the law instead of blind allegiance to Trump. Sad that this is what the Republican
Party has become today, totally hijacked and corrupted by Trump.

Marilyn Manson

Jan 22, 2022, 11:07:22 AM1/22/22
I'm a Dad who, AFAICT, did a pretty good job of helping SWMBO raise 4 great kids - all thriving
adults who are not only doing well for themselves but also genuinely nice, caring people.
I often wonder how some of these politicians (from either party) talk to their kids/grandkids
in the privacy of their own homes.

How does a Republican who stood at the podium on the night of the insurrection and told
the world how wrong the rioters actions were and put the blame directly on Trump, explain
to their offspring why they now support the Big Lie and kowtow to a man who - by every
legitimate account - tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power?

How does a Democrat that once said of the vaccine “If Donald Trump tells us to take It,
I’m not taking it” now explain to their grandkids that the vaccine is safe and necessary?

I would expect their adult children - if they have any integrity of their own - to lose all respect
for their parents. Worse yet, I would expect that the grandchildren would be very confused
watching these so-called "adults" lie and cheat their way through life. How can kids possibly
understand why adults who really do know what is good for our country (in most cases) block
the other party from getting anything done simply because they can not let them "win"?

I'm saddest for the children.

trader_4

Jan 22, 2022, 11:38:38 AM1/22/22
Kevin McCarthy is a prime example of exactly that.

> How does a Democrat that once said of the vaccine “If Donald Trump tells us to take It,
> I’m not taking it” now explain to their grandkids that the vaccine is safe and necessary?

I think that is a lot easier to explain. If it's Harris's remarks you're referring to, I took what
she said to mean that if Trump was promoting it like he promoted hydroxychloroquine,
if he used pressure at FDA to ram it through without the correct testing and procedures, etc
then she would not take it. I would not take it under those circumstances either. And AFAIK,
she said it once, it was not a continual harangue like we see from most Republican leaders
about the stolen election, Jan 6th denial, etc.

My best friend that I've known since we were kids is still a diehard Republican on the
denial train. The other day we got into it about Jan 6, I said that now that the Oath Keepers
guy and nine other have been charged with seditious conspiracy, the Republicans can no longer
claim that no one has been charged with insurrection, with organizing it, etc. He says they will
be acquitted. I said we have video of those Oath Keepers dressed in combat fatigues,
wearing helmets, vests, going in a column into the Capitol. He says those are Antifa,
not Oath Keepers. He says just look at the BLM riots, that's what they do, that's how they
come geared up. That's where he is at, despite the fact that with all the FBI investigation
and 750+ identified, charged, etc, not one has been identified as Antifa, all have been
right wingers, Trumptards. etc. The denial and self delusion is stunning. This has just
become a team sport, it's whatever my team says, whatever they did, I'm OK with it and
I'm going to accept it. This makes what has happened in so many other countries,
eg WWII Germany, so much more understandable.

> I would expect their adult children - if they have any integrity of their own - to lose all respect
> for their parents. Worse yet, I would expect that the grandchildren would be very confused
> watching these so-called "adults" lie and cheat their way through life. How can kids possibly
> understand why adults who really do know what is good for our country (in most cases) block
> the other party from getting anything done simply because they can not let them "win"?
>
> I'm saddest for the children.

I've lost all respect for almost all Republicans at this point. I started losing it when they
just went along with whatever Trump did, eg "very fine people" at Charlottesville. It got
so bad, I withdrew my GOP voter registration and that was before Trump's first impeachment.
It only got worse, much much worse. I brought up with my friend the fact that Trump was
holding death rallies during the deadliest part of Covid, no masks, no social distancing,
because his re-election was so important to him, he didn't care if people got sick and died.
Friends response was he hasn't seen any proof that anyone died show me. I told him to ask
Herman Cain. But we don't even need that, it's not the Middle Ages, we know how Covid
spreads and holding rallies with tens of thousands was a great way to spread it. But it's
a team sport and logic does not matter.

Marilyn Manson

Jan 22, 2022, 12:18:40 PM1/22/22
None of this addresses my question of how these people explain the hypocrisy of their words
and actions when dealing with their own families - specifically the younger children.

Jim Joyce

Jan 22, 2022, 10:13:33 PM1/22/22
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:36:11 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>I see Trump just got another right proper smack down by the Supreme Court, including
>all three of his conserative Republican appointees. They ruled 8-1 that Trump's claim to
>be able to withhold
>Jan 6 evidence from Congress using exec privilege is BS. They said no need to decide
>his interesting claim, that as an ex-president, he still has the right to exert exec privilege.
>They said his claim fails every test for legitimate use of exec privilege, even if he were
>still the president. Long live the truth! I'm sure the Trumptards will now add those
>Republican SC justices to the long list of Rino no good scum, because they followed
>the law instead of blind allegiance to Trump. Sad that this is what the Republican
>Party has become today, totally hijacked and corrupted by Trump.

Stand by. T will be along shortly to tell us how this was really a 9-0
win for Trump, in the same way that all of the other court losses were
really wins. I'd explain it myself, but I don't get it.

micky

Jan 23, 2022, 12:17:50 AM1/23/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:07:19 -0800 (PST), Marilyn
I sure agree with you here. Some of the Democrats have said in
speeches, "History is watching you". But I'd like them to say, "Your
children and grandchildren are watching you." Maybe it's considered bad
pool to raise such a personal topic. Joe Biden certainly wouuldn't
break such a rule but where are the crackpot Democrats when you need
them. (Well they'd probably be ingnored, written off. I've already done
that with, I forget my last count, but at least 4. ) So where are the
rambuctious but not crackpot Democrats. Maybe they all observwe
decorum.

They make it hard to write to congressman whose district y ou're not in,
and everyone in Maryland is a Democrat except for Andy Harris who is
probably a lost cause.

But if I had the chance to talk to one directly, I'd say, Your childen
no longer idolize you, or whatever opinion t hey have of you, it's
lower, because of this. Now you have feet of clay. Why not redeem
yourself to a great extent now, when they can respect you for it , until
waiting for your death bed and making some vdalueless remark about
wishing "things had been different ".

And your grandchildren.. Do you have any that share your last name,
children of sons. Now, when classmates or friends ask them if they are
related to you, they say NO. They're ashamed of you. Your
grandchildren are ashamed of you.

I wonder why it seems none of the children or grandchildn have attempted
to get their f or gf to change. And I wonder about the wives and
husbands too. Sure unless they have a real "partnership" they shoudln't
mix in but the last election and the rules for the next elections are
exceptions. Don't they know that?

>How does a Democrat that once said of the vaccine “If Donald Trump tells us to take It,
>I’m not taking it” now explain to their grandkids that the vaccine is safe and necessary?

This one has a good explanation, a totally sufficient one imo, that's
gotten mostly lost. Your quote refers to Kamala Harris,

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-election-2020-if-donald-trump-tells-us-we-should-take-it-i-m-not-taking-vaccine-says-kamala-harris/story-w9gNaeMpNThk3xMSa12z2M.html
" “If the public health professionals, if Dr Fauci, if the doctors tell
us that we should take it, I will be the first in line to take it,
absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I’m not
taking it,” Kamala Harris said in distain as the topic of vaccine came
up." Because he lies all the time and she doens't trust him. So what
if both doctors and trump said to take it? I think it's clear she'll
take it. And she did take it. The Republicans skipped the first half of
what she said, right?

And on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAjCeMuXR0 spoken or
posted on Oct 20, 2020, but it's only 21 seconds. She stumbles a bit,
maybe because it's her only nationally televised debate against Pence,
but it's just what it has in print above. Posted by NBC News, summary:
"Sen. Kamala Harris said she would take a Covid-19 vaccine if doctors
said it was safe but not if Donald Trump said to take it."

I think her grandkids will be fully satisfied.

micky

Jan 23, 2022, 12:42:50 AM1/23/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:38:35 -0800 (PST), trader_4
Not one of them has said he is Antifa either, afaik.

>The denial and self delusion is stunning. This has just
>become a team sport, it's whatever my team says, whatever they did, I'm OK with it and
>I'm going to accept it. This makes what has happened in so many other countries,
>eg WWII Germany, so much more understandable.

Yes, it's very scary.

>> I would expect their adult children - if they have any integrity of their own - to lose all respect
>> for their parents. Worse yet, I would expect that the grandchildren would be very confused
>> watching these so-called "adults" lie and cheat their way through life. How can kids possibly
>> understand why adults who really do know what is good for our country (in most cases) block
>> the other party from getting anything done simply because they can not let them "win"?
>>
>> I'm saddest for the children.
>
>I've lost all respect for almost all Republicans at this point. I started losing it when they
>just went along with whatever Trump did, eg "very fine people" at Charlottesville. It got
>so bad, I withdrew my GOP voter registration and that was before Trump's first impeachment.
>It only got worse, much much worse. I brought up with my friend the fact that Trump was
> holding death rallies during the deadliest part of Covid, no masks, no social distancing,

Well he was distanced from the masses who came to hear him. I don't
know how much he was from staff, Republican visitors, etc. And he did
get it eventually, but i think if you're in a room and 3 people have
it, even if they're 12 feet away, the room fills up and unless your
actually wearing mask that's electrically charged, you're going to
inhale plenty.

It's still not clear to me how long a mask will stay charged, if starts
to discharge only after the thick plastic bag is unsealed, if the rate
is determined by time or by how much you are wearing it and breathing
through it, or if by normal diffusion the counteracting charges go
inside the mask even when it's sitting on a table. Nor do I know how
many counter-charges there are in my house or my car. Are counter
charges created only by someone breathing. I doubt it, but what else?
Usually the car sits empty 18 to 24 hours a day, but there are a couple
KN95 masks on the seat. At home, there are 4 rooms I use the most, so
the room where the masks whose use has been started are in a room that's
unoccupied except for 4 hours a day or so. So is the mask getting
discharged those other 20 hours, or even the 4 hours I'm there?

I've read that you can recharge a mask with 10,000 volts. Doesn't my
microwave generate that? DC? Surely I can rig something up.

Bob F

Jan 23, 2022, 1:14:12 AM1/23/22
These electrostatic materials probably make their own static from the
air flowing through them, just like the electrostatic (not electronic)
filter elements you can buy for your furnace at home.

Kind of like rubbing a balloon on wool or fur generates static.

micky

Jan 23, 2022, 4:06:42 AM1/23/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 22:14:04 -0800, Bob F
<bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Physics people may want to avoid the burden of the 1st paragraph and go
straight to the second.

>> Well he was distanced from the masses who came to hear him. I don't
>> know how much he was from staff, Republican visitors, etc. And he did
>> get it eventually, but i think if you're in a room and 3 people have
>> it, even if they're 12 feet away, the room fills up and unless your
>> actually wearing mask that's electrically charged, you're going to
>> inhale plenty.
>>
>> It's still not clear to me how long a mask will stay charged, if starts
>> to discharge only after the thick plastic bag is unsealed, if the rate
>> is determined by time or by how much you are wearing it and breathing
>> through it, or if by normal diffusion the counteracting charges go
>> inside the mask even when it's sitting on a table. Nor do I know how
>> many counter-charges there are in my house or my car. Are counter
>> charges created only by someone breathing. I doubt it, but what else?
>> Usually the car sits empty 18 to 24 hours a day, but there are a couple
>> KN95 masks on the seat. At home, there are 4 rooms I use the most, so
>> the room where the masks whose use has been started are in a room that's
>> unoccupied except for 4 hours a day or so. So is the mask getting
>> discharged those other 20 hours, or even the 4 hours I'm there?
>>
>> I've read that you can recharge a mask with 10,000 volts. Doesn't my
>> microwave generate that? DC? Surely I can rig something up.
>
>These electrostatic materials probably make their own static from the
>air flowing through them, just like the electrostatic (not electronic)
>filter elements you can buy for your furnace at home.

Sounds good but nothing I've read said anything like that. Of course
most of what I read just ignored the whole thing.

sci.physics added. Lets see if those guys really know anything.

trader_4

Jan 23, 2022, 9:00:01 AM1/23/22
Why not? Just last week Biden claimed that the people in Georgia that
want voter ID are in the camp of George Wallace, Jefferson Davis and Bull Conner.
That was some mighty fine work there from the guy that promised to bring
us together. Funny too that all of those are Democrats and that Delaware
not having early voting, while Georgia does and that Delaware requires a
reason to get an absentee ballot never bothered old Joe. What a hypocrite.

but where are the crackpot Democrats when you need
> them. (Well they'd probably be ingnored, written off. I've already done
> that with, I forget my last count, but at least 4. ) So where are the
> rambuctious but not crackpot Democrats. Maybe they all observwe
> decorum.

The problem is that the crackpot Democrats have steered their party
way off the rails to the left and that includes Biden. Biden was never
a leader, only a follower that blows in the win and he's gone along with
them.
No surprise there. My friend the Republican was telling me again how
the Democrats were all wrong on Covid and Trump was right. He cited what
Pelosi, I think De Blasio and others said about going to events like Chinatown
celebrations, how Democrats criticized Trump for banning travel from China.
I told him that was like Jan/Feb 2020 and they got on the right side of things
right after. He insisted, no, it was longer. Apparently he has a reference he
then checked. He still had some Democrats saying stupid things in early
March, but that was the best he could find. So they are reaching back two
years to the early days to find something to complain about while ignoring
that Trump continued to try to minimize Covid, held his death rallies, no masks,
no social distancing, right on up to November. Friends response to that was
that no one proved anyone caught Covid at a Trump rally. I suggested he
ask Herman Cain about that and that it's not the Middle Ages anymore,
we know what spreads Covid.

Speaking of Herman Cain stupid, did anyone confirm what became of
Maggie? She was on the Covid stupid page. I know Rod claimed she
died from it, but I haven't seen any evidence, but she has been gone from
here for a very long time now.

Jim Pennino

Jan 23, 2022, 10:31:11 AM1/23/22
In sci.physics micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>These electrostatic materials probably make their own static from the
>>air flowing through them, just like the electrostatic (not electronic)
>>filter elements you can buy for your furnace at home.

This effect is well known.

> Sounds good but nothing I've read said anything like that. Of course
> most of what I read just ignored the whole thing.

And that is because almost everyone writing about masks has zero
scientific training and knows nothing about how filtration works other
than that a filter is something with little holes.

Most people's eyes would glaze over from a detailed discussion.

>>Kind of like rubbing a balloon on wool or fur generates static.

Exactly.

Here is a page that talks about some of the technical paramters of face
masks.

https://thenonwovensinstitute.com/facemasks-challenges-during-pandemics/

The stuff about the CDC in this article has changed since this article
was published.

micky

Jan 23, 2022, 5:10:47 PM1/23/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 Jan 2022 05:59:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
When one plan doens't work, when in fact the other side is moving
itself farther away, you have to switch plans. He's been very patient
for a long time.

But anyhow, he didn't violate the rule I was talking about. He didn't
refer to anyone's children or grandchilden.

AFAICR, not t he rule I refered to but he also didn't name any names,
didn't single out any individual, and certainly no member of Congress.

>Funny too that all of those are Democrats and that Delaware
>not having early voting, while Georgia does and that Delaware requires a
>reason to get an absentee ballot never bothered old Joe. What a hypocrite.

A) It's one thing to never liberalize and another to do so and then
retract when it's bad for your sides electoral chances. Especially when
basing the retraction on a lie that the election was stolen.

Was there a demand for early voting in Delaware? If so, what happened?

He was a federal, nnot a state official for 50 years. He's not
expected, maybe not wanted to be involved in state laws.

Like many you misuse the word hypocrite.

I never saw her post to anot her ng, and we don't know here name, so
don't think we can find out.

Bod doesn't post here anymore either and he was vaccinated.

Bob F

Jan 23, 2022, 5:28:32 PM1/23/22
Mug has disappeared for weeks or more before and come back. But she was
certainly trying hard to be covid bait.

Maybe she just got tired of working so hard to appear stupid.

trader_4

Jan 24, 2022, 9:58:09 AM1/24/22
Which is irrelevant to Biden attacking Republicans like a junk yard dog,
like Trump would do. He promised to bring us together, he sure isn't
doing that.

> But anyhow, he didn't violate the rule I was talking about. He didn't
> refer to anyone's children or grandchilden.

No, but he might as well have. Comparing Republicans that want voter ID
to George Wallace, Bull Conner and Jefferson Davis fits right in.

> AFAICR, not t he rule I refered to but he also didn't name any names,

Yes he did, he compared Republicans to the above. What's next, Hitler?

> didn't single out any individual, and certainly no member of Congress.
> >Funny too that all of those are Democrats and that Delaware
> >not having early voting, while Georgia does and that Delaware requires a
> >reason to get an absentee ballot never bothered old Joe. What a hypocrite.
> A) It's one thing to never liberalize and another to do so and then
> retract when it's bad for your sides electoral chances. Especially when
> basing the retraction on a lie that the election was stolen.

I see, so whatever Delaware does, eg no early voting, that's cool.
But Georgia has it, but because they want to make some other election
changes, like requiring voter ID and securing ballot box locations,
that's bad and they are like George Wallace.

> Was there a demand for early voting in Delaware? If so, what happened?

It's irrelevant. The question is why wasn't Old Joe bitching about that?
Why isn't he in Delaware, comparing them to George Wallace? Oh, I know,
it's all about BS lib politics, not really voting issues.

> He was a federal, nnot a state official for 50 years. He's not
> expected, maybe not wanted to be involved in state laws.

The WTF is he doing running around Georgia? But you're right,
Biden and the libs federal voting law proposals, if they ever managed
to get them passed, would almost certainly be tossed out by the Supreme Court
for exactly that reason. It's up to states to decide their election laws,
not Biden and the Democrats via federal law.

> Like many you misuse the word hypocrite.

No, you just don't understand the definition.

micky

Jan 28, 2022, 5:05:40 PM1/28/22
In sci.physics, on Sun, 23 Jan 2022 07:27:38 -0800, Jim Pennino
<ji...@gonzo.specsol.net> wrote:

>In sci.physics micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>>These electrostatic materials probably make their own static from the
>>>air flowing through them, just like the electrostatic (not electronic)
>>>filter elements you can buy for your furnace at home.
>
>This effect is well known.

Is it known that it also applies to k-n95 masks? In my reading about
masks, no one menntioned the charge dissipating OR being replaced,
except for one page that talked about using 10,000 volts to recharge it.
He didn't say anyt hing about making its own static.

I appreciate the link below about problems of making masks.

Is there a good specific searchable name for the effect you refer to, a
material that makes its own static charge, or the process of making it?

I was aquainted with silk rubbing on rubber, and leather on wool iirc,
but just air on paper, cotton, or some synthetic?

I've looked but the pages I find are about other combinations of
substances.

>> Sounds good but nothing I've read said anything like that. Of course
>> most of what I read just ignored the whole thing.
>
>And that is because almost everyone writing about masks has zero
>scientific training and knows nothing about how filtration works other
>than that a filter is something with little holes.
>
>Most people's eyes would glaze over from a detailed discussion.
>
>>>Kind of like rubbing a balloon on wool or fur generates static.
>
>Exactly.
>
>Here is a page that talks about some of the technical paramters of face
>masks.
>
>https://thenonwovensinstitute.com/facemasks-challenges-during-pandemics/
>
>The stuff about the CDC in this article has changed since this article
>was published.

Right, it has. That's why everyone should put a date on just about
every page on the internet. Some things are timesless but some arent'.

It said "CDC does NOT recommend the use of N95 masks by the general
public. There are good reasons for this recommendation. CDC states
that: “For the general American public, there is no added health
benefit to wear a respiratory protective device (such as an N95
respirator), and the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered
low.”"

Now that I read the last sentence, that really is old. I thought what
changed is that in the last week or two, interviews on tv, radio are
broadly pushing n95 masks for everyone, for the first time.

Jim Pennino

Jan 28, 2022, 6:31:14 PM1/28/22
In sci.physics micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
> In sci.physics, on Sun, 23 Jan 2022 07:27:38 -0800, Jim Pennino
> <ji...@gonzo.specsol.net> wrote:
>
>>In sci.physics micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
>>
>><snip>

>>This effect is well known.
>
> Is it known that it also applies to k-n95 masks?

Yes as well as furnace filters.

> In my reading about
> masks, no one menntioned the charge dissipating OR being replaced,
> except for one page that talked about using 10,000 volts to recharge it.
> He didn't say anyt hing about making its own static.

Whoever wrote that is an idiot.

> I appreciate the link below about problems of making masks.
>
> Is there a good specific searchable name for the effect you refer to, a
> material that makes its own static charge, or the process of making it?

triboelectric effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect#In_aircraft_and_spacecraft

<snip>

>>The stuff about the CDC in this article has changed since this article
>>was published.
>
> Right, it has. That's why everyone should put a date on just about
> every page on the internet. Some things are timesless but some arent'.

Just one of many reasons NOT to look for information on science in the
popular media.

<snip>

micky

Jan 28, 2022, 10:42:49 PM1/28/22
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Jan 2022 06:58:05 -0800 (PST), trader_4
The fact alone that you didn't see the distinction here is significant.
don't know what it means but maybe liberals make you blind like moving
red capes make bulls mad.

>> >Why not? Just last week Biden claimed that the people in Georgia that
>> >want voter ID are in the camp of George Wallace, Jefferson Davis and Bull Conner.
>> >That was some mighty fine work there from the guy that promised to bring
>> >us together.
>> When one plan doens't work, when in fact the other side is moving
>> itself farther away, you have to switch plans. He's been very patient
>> for a long time.
>
>Which is irrelevant to Biden attacking Republicans like a junk yard dog,

Wow, you're wacko tonight. Hitting the Friday evening happy hour?

>like Trump would do. He promised to bring us together, he sure isn't
>doing that.

He tried. One definition of insanity you must know.

>> But anyhow, he didn't violate the rule I was talking about. He didn't
>> refer to anyone's children or grandchilden.
>
>No, but he might as well have. Comparing Republicans that want voter ID
>to George Wallace, Bull Conner and Jefferson Davis fits right in.
>

>> AFAICR, not t he rule I refered to but he also didn't name any names,
>
>Yes he did, he compared Republicans to the above.

And they deserve it. I thought you knew that.

In a way they're worse than Wallace and Davis, because those two were
defending the status quo. The current crop of Republicans are t rying to
reverse the progress that was made. They are parallel to the ones who
instituted Jim Crow starting in 1876, but none of them are famous, and
most people don't know much about what followed Reconstruction

>What's next, Hitler?

No, YOU just dragged him in. By doing that, you're doing something
similar to what you accuse Biden of.

>> didn't single out any individual, and certainly no member of Congress.
>> >Funny too that all of those are Democrats and that Delaware
>> >not having early voting, while Georgia does and that Delaware requires a
>> >reason to get an absentee ballot never bothered old Joe. What a hypocrite.
>> A) It's one thing to never liberalize and another to do so and then
>> retract when it's bad for your sides electoral chances. Especially when
>> basing the retraction on a lie that the election was stolen.
>
>I see, so whatever Delaware does, eg no early voting, that's cool.
>But Georgia has it, but because they want to make some other election
>changes, like requiring voter ID and securing ballot box locations,
>that's bad and they are like George Wallace.
>

>> Was there a demand for early voting in Delaware? If so, what happened?
>
>It's irrelevant.

It's very relevant.

>The question is why wasn't Old Joe bitching about that?
>Why isn't he in Delaware, comparing them to George Wallace? Oh, I know,
>it's all about BS lib politics, not really voting issues.

It's all about you disliking liberals, and that drags you back into your
wacko state. Your notions are ridiculous and I don't know how you can
put them forth in seriousness.

>> He was a federal, nnot a state official for 50 years. He's not
>> expected, maybe not wanted to be involved in state laws.
>
>The WTF is he doing running around Georgia? But you're right,
>Biden and the libs federal voting law proposals, if they ever managed
>to get them passed, would almost certainly be tossed out by the Supreme Court
>for exactly that reason. It's up to states to decide their election laws,
>not Biden and the Democrats via federal law.
>

>> Like many you misuse the word hypocrite.

I don't see where you used the word. but if you try to show how he met
the definition, I may go looking for how you usedit and show how you're
wrong.

>No, you just don't understand the definition.

Define it for me and explain how it applies to Joe and this situation.
That I may respond to.

Other than that, you can have the last word. I can barely breathe from
the chlorine fumes and I don't want to die in this ridiculous
conversation

Bob F

Jan 29, 2022, 12:55:57 AM1/29/22
I have been wearing KN95 masks for at least a year. I tried a cloth one
a few times for snowboarding, but decided the KN95's were functionally
better for that use too.

micky

Jan 29, 2022, 1:21:05 AM1/29/22
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 Jan 2022 21:55:41 -0800, Bob F
<bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been wearing KN95 masks for at least a year. I tried a cloth one
>a few times for snowboarding, but decided the KN95's were functionally
>better for that use too.

So have I. I had 3 N95 masks when this all started that I used mostly
to go in the attic and avoid breathing the fiberglass insulation (though
it's 40 years old and most of it settled or blew away 30 years ago, but
you can't be too careful.)

Then I got KN95 and I wear them all the time when I'm out near people.

I don't find it hard to breathe but that might well be because I have a
beard so it's like a sieve letting some air in around the lower bottom.

I'm more concerned now because instead of staying home like a recluse
80% of the time, I'm going on vacation and I'll probably be out 8 to 10
hours a day, 4 to 6 days a week. (I may not have much time to read this
group, or post.) Often visiting historical places where there are few
people, but a lot more shopping if only for groceries, eating in
restaurants (Starting Feb 10, it will be too cold to eat outside. )

Did you read about the notary I talked to tonight, how careful her
mother was and she's still dead? Her funeral is Monday. I think
there is a good chance I'll get sick, but I'm too male to imagine myself
dying.

I was in a study and when it was over they gave me black cloth mask with
an emblem on one side. and then when I got vaccinated I was given
another with the seal of Baltimore on it. I'm taking them with me to
wear over the KN95 if I have to gosome place risky, or where formal
dress is required.

Bob F

Jan 29, 2022, 1:45:22 AM1/29/22
You loose a lot of the protection with a beard. Probably more like
wearing a cloth mask. But still better than a cloth mask. Unless you can
electrostatically charge your beard. :-)

micky

Jan 29, 2022, 3:48:44 AM1/29/22
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 Jan 2022 22:45:06 -0800, Bob F
Maybe I can do that.

I talked to someone today, and she said she knew a couple that went to
Greece for a wedding and the whole wedding family got sick with covid,
the wedding was postponed, and the couple came back to the US. And ne
or two other people she knwos over there have covid. she didn't know
how sick they were but I guess if they were very sick she'd know that.

trader_4

Jan 30, 2022, 12:13:36 PM1/30/22
You're at it again, making replies to me, when I didn't post what you are
apparently responding to. I didn't post that paragraph.

> >> When one plan doens't work, when in fact the other side is moving
> >> itself farther away, you have to switch plans. He's been very patient
> >> for a long time.
> >
> >Which is irrelevant to Biden attacking Republicans like a junk yard dog,
> Wow, you're wacko tonight. Hitting the Friday evening happy hour?
> >like Trump would do. He promised to bring us together, he sure isn't
> >doing that.
> He tried. One definition of insanity you must know.

Diversion to Trump now? That's defeat when you have to cite what Trump
did as an excuse for what Biden just did.

> >> But anyhow, he didn't violate the rule I was talking about. He didn't
> >> refer to anyone's children or grandchilden.
> >
> >No, but he might as well have. Comparing Republicans that want voter ID
> >to George Wallace, Bull Conner and Jefferson Davis fits right in.
> >

> >> AFAICR, not t he rule I refered to but he also didn't name any names,
> >
> >Yes he did, he compared Republicans to the above.
> And they deserve it. I thought you knew that.

I know that sometimes Republicans are right and sometimes they are wrong.
I know that sometimes Democrats are right and sometimes they are wrong.
You on the other hand are a diehard Democrat hack, always complaining about
a Republican, never have any complaints about what a Democrat did. This voting
rights BS is nothing but a lame Democrat attempt to make an issue that they think
will help them, when there isn't an issue. If they could pass their federal legislation,
most of it, maybe the whole thing, would be thrown out by the SC. It's not up to
the federal govt to decide the voting process in Georgia or any other state.
Their can be legitimate disagreement over what the rules should be, but I've
seen nothing that Georgia has done that is racist or discrimination, nothing that
rises to the level that the federal govt needs to tell them how to do their elections.
Requiring voter ID is discrimination? You have to show a vaccination card in NYC and
other lib cities to get into a restaurant or public venue. But ask someone to show
some simple ID to vote, that's racist? Give us a break.

> In a way they're worse than Wallace and Davis, because those two were
> defending the status quo. The current crop of Republicans are t rying to
> reverse the progress that was made. They are parallel to the ones who
> instituted Jim Crow starting in 1876, but none of them are famous, and
> most people don't know much about what followed Reconstruction

You don't even know what it is they have done in Georgia, you're just listening to your
master's voice.

> >What's next, Hitler?
>
> No, YOU just dragged him in. By doing that, you're doing something
> similar to what you accuse Biden of.

Wrong again. I didn't suggest anyone was like Hitler. Biden did that,
he suggested that if you're for tightening election rules so that it's harder
to cast illegal votes, then you're with George Wallace, Jefferson Davis
and Bull Conner. All Democrats by the way. And how did all that work
out for old Joe? Another epic fail.

> >> didn't single out any individual, and certainly no member of Congress.
> >> A) It's one thing to never liberalize and another to do so and then
> >> retract when it's bad for your sides electoral chances. Especially when
> >> basing the retraction on a lie that the election was stolen.
> >
> >I see, so whatever Delaware does, eg no early voting, that's cool.
> >But Georgia has it, but because they want to make some other election
> >changes, like requiring voter ID and securing ballot box locations,
> >that's bad and they are like George Wallace.
> >

> >> Was there a demand for early voting in Delaware? If so, what happened?
> >
> >It's irrelevant.
> It's very relevant.

No it's not, because that's where Biden is from. They have no early voting,
why isn't he there bitching about that? Georgia has it, but they are racists?
Oh, I know, it's because Delaware is
run by Democrats. And it's clear that Biden really doesn't care about voting,
inflation, illegals crossing the border in record numbers or anything else.
He has no core beliefs,
he just goes with whichever way the wind is blowing and what he thinks is
politically expedient at the moment. That's why we have him citing George Wallace
in the past, when Wallace said favorable things about him. That's why we have
him on the Senate Judiciary Committee, pushing through a bill, voting for it,
that restored Jefferson Davis's citizenship! Who is on the side of Davis again?

> >The question is why wasn't Old Joe bitching about that?
> >Why isn't he in Delaware, comparing them to George Wallace? Oh, I know,
> >it's all about BS lib politics, not really voting issues.
> It's all about you disliking liberals, and that drags you back into your
> wacko state. Your notions are ridiculous and I don't know how you can
> put them forth in seriousness.
> >>
> >> He was a federal, nnot a state official for 50 years. He's not
> >> expected, maybe not wanted to be involved in state laws.
> >
> >The WTF is he doing running around Georgia? But you're right,
> >Biden and the libs federal voting law proposals, if they ever managed
> >to get them passed, would almost certainly be tossed out by the Supreme Court
> >for exactly that reason. It's up to states to decide their election laws,
> >not Biden and the Democrats via federal law.
> >

> >> Like many you misuse the word hypocrite.
> I don't see where you used the word.

Good, then stop saying that I misused it.