M$ Office goes "woke"

Jan 14, 2022, 10:42:07 PMJan 14
Hi All,

I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
researching it, it is all over the place.

Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
construct, they now has a word process to correct
any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
a "woke" word checker.

https://thenewamerican.com/microsoft-words-new-feature-suggests-woke-alternatives-to-certain-words-phrases/

“Mrs. Thatcher” => “Ms. Thatcher.”
“mankind” => “humanity” or “humankind”
“maid” => “house cleaner”
“headmaster” => “principal”
“master” => “expert”
“manpower” => “workforce”
"LGB" or "FJB" => "BBB" (I am guessing on that one)

"LBG" Lets Go Brandon
"FJB" F*** Joe Biden (LGB is much politer)
"BBB" Build Back Bummer

And on and on and so forth.

YEEEGADS! Me thinks M$ may have jumped the
shark on that one.

For the rest of us normal people:

Libre Office:
http://libreoffice.org
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/

Free Office (old version of Softmaker):
https://www.freeoffice.com/en/download/applications
https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/rpm/x86_64/RPMS/

Softmaker:
https://www.softmaker.com/en/
https://www.softmaker.com/en/servicepacks (has release notes)

Only Office Desktop:
https://www.onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx

WPS Office (has an Android version):
https://linux.wps.com/#

-T

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 14, 2022, 11:18:12 PMJan 14
On 1/14/2022 10:42 PM, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
> researching it, it is all over the place.
>
> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
> construct, they now has a word process to correct
> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
> M$ Word is now going "woke".  It now has an included
> a "woke" word checker.
>
> https://thenewamerican.com/microsoft-words-new-feature-suggests-woke-alternatives-to-certain-words-phrases/
>

> “Mrs. Thatcher” => “Ms. Thatcher.”
> “mankind”       => “humanity” or “humankind”
> “maid”          => “house cleaner”
> “headmaster”    => “principal”
> “master”        => “expert”
> “manpower”      => “workforce”
> "LGB" or "FJB"  => "BBB"   (I am guessing on that one)
>
>       "LBG"   Lets Go Brandon
>       "FJB"   F*** Joe Biden (LGB is much politer)
>       "BBB"   Build Back Bummer
>
> And on and on and so forth.
>
> YEEEGADS!  Me thinks M$ may have jumped the
> shark on that one.

I don't have a maid but I do have a cleaning lady.

Master is no longer an acceptable term so do they have a suggested
replacement for masturbate?

Jan 14, 2022, 11:26:24 PMJan 14
"lady"!!! "lady" !!! You mean other "birthing
persons" are not upright and well mannered????
How judgmental !!!!

YeeeGads!

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 14, 2022, 11:41:02 PMJan 14
I apologize. Never again will I call that bitch a lady.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 15, 2022, 12:06:04 AMJan 15
From my experience in construction plans, it has to be;
"Primarierbation" maybe shortened to "Primaterbation". (yanking it
like a monkey)
or
"Ownerbation" (It's my pecker and I will wank if I want to)

Jan 15, 2022, 12:11:29 AMJan 15
:-D

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 15, 2022, 5:17:35 AMJan 15
On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 10:42:07 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
> researching it, it is all over the place.
>
> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
> construct,

It is. I'm not feminine, but I'm completely female.

> they now has a word process to correct
> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
> M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
> a "woke" word checker.

Shut off the damned grammar checker and learn to write
English yourself.

Problem solved.

Cindy Hamilton

Frank

Jan 15, 2022, 8:21:52 AMJan 15
On 1/14/2022 10:42 PM, T wrote:
I downloaded free Libre Office and Open Office to my new laptop a few
years ago.

https://www.openoffice.org/

I have an older version of MS office which I just checked and see they
have not touched with crap like this. I had to buy it years ago
consulting when docs prepared in the free products would not render
images in MS office customer users.

Currently I believe MS strategy is to rent you MS Office where you would
see the crap you mention.

Snag

Jan 15, 2022, 8:34:30 AMJan 15
That requires a decent education , something that's sadly hard to
come by these days in our public school systems . They're much more
interested in teaching how to take tests and turn your neighbor in to
the "law" .
--
Snag
Let's Go Brandon !

Roger Blake

Jan 15, 2022, 2:35:55 PMJan 15
On 2022-01-15, T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
> researching it, it is all over the place.
>
> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
> construct, they now has a word process to correct
> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
> M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
> a "woke" word checker.

Utterly ridiculous. Will it crash your computer if you dare to type a
document containing "spic", "wop", "nigger", or "kike"?

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

rbowman

Jan 15, 2022, 3:25:47 PMJan 15
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_lady

The Japanese aren't very woke. My wife had a Japanese pen pal and when
she went to Japan she met the girl, her brother, and a friend of her
brother. When they went to supper the women were supposed to
respectfully trail the men. That went over well with a liberated woman
who stood a head taller than the guys.

After we split she found Jesus and has said it might have went better if
she had followed Paul's advice.

rbowman

Jan 15, 2022, 3:28:51 PMJan 15
On 01/15/2022 03:17 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 10:42:07 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
>> researching it, it is all over the place.
>>
>> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
>> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
>> construct,
> It is. I'm not feminine, but I'm completely female.

I've never been comfortable around feminine females. As for feminine
males...

Peeler

Jan 15, 2022, 3:54:32 PMJan 15
On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:25:51 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_lady
>
> The Japanese aren't very woke. My wife had a Japanese pen pal and when

Good grief! WTF has your senile drivel got to do with a newsgroup like ahr,
you abnormal, endlessly gossiping and bullshitting senile braggart?

--
Gossiping "lowbrowwoman" about herself:
"Usenet is my blog... I don't give a damn if anyone ever reads my posts

Peeler

Jan 15, 2022, 3:57:11 PMJan 15
On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:28:55 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> I've never been comfortable around feminine females. As for feminine
> males...

I've never yet found a female who was as gossipy as you are, you weird,
endlessly blathering senile braggart!

--
Yet more of the very interesting senile blather by lowbrowwoman:
"My family loaded me into a '51 Chevy and drove from NY to Seattle and

Jan 15, 2022, 3:57:29 PMJan 15
On 1/15/22 05:21, Frank wrote:
> I downloaded free Libre Office and Open Office to my new laptop a few
> years ago.
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/
>
> I have an older version of MS office which I just checked and see they
> have not touched with crap like this.  I had to buy it years ago
> consulting when docs prepared in the free products would not render
> images in MS office customer users.
>
> Currently I believe MS strategy is to rent you MS Office where you would
> see the crap you mention.

Hi Frank,

Open Office was crap. When Libre Office took over,
they asked everyone for a list of the unfixed bugs
in Open Office and they fixed them post haste.

It was heaven for a while. Then the Open Source
economic model took hold: give the software away
for free and change for maintenance. LO very, very
seldom will fix user reported bugs UNLESS you put
them on your payroll. So, only large companies
can get anything fixed.

It is a kind of a hostage situation. Hey will give
you a shiny new car with a missing wheel. Then issue
a bunch of upgrades with a tons of fancy new features
you don't use, but your still are driving on three
wheels until you pay them the ransom. But is has a
fancy new radio! And they do deserve to get paid
for what they do.

Free office is good. Does not have as many features
as LO, but it is a lot more stable. And their support
takes bugs. The spreadsheet won't write to an odx,
but will read one.

Mixing portrait and landscape pages in LO is a nightmare.
Free Office can't do a table of contents, but can read one.

Office 365 is M$ rental version where all this mischief
is appearing, not to mention the spying. I try to talk
my customers into the stand alone version. So far I
have always succeeded. My only customers with 365
are the ones who did not ask me first.

-T

Jan 15, 2022, 4:10:41 PMJan 15
Hi Snag,

Hay! I went to Publik Skool!!! What ever do you mean?

I graduated hi skool with a A- average, when into the military, got out
and went to college. It was like
I had never been to skool: could barely read, write,
add, subtract and so on and so forth. I graduated
A- again, but this time it was real.

We need to privatize our publik skools. And dump the teachers unions.

I have to differ with your on "how to take tests". The
community need to set standards as to what is being
taught. The test need to reflect that.

Teacher do not like that becasue the want to teach
something that they find interesting and the children's education be
damned. So they'd better be teaching what
the community requires.

When I hit college, I was required to take several
absolute useless English classes. A bunch of
voyeuristic women wanted you to write about your
personal lives because the subject bored them stiff.

They would make fun of the sports department as useless.
I still remember the horror (I was a vet and talked
back at them a lot) on one of them's face when I told
her the odd of me EVER becoming a successful novel
writer were worst than me trying out a quarterback
for the Green Bay Packers. Useless.

Not the Engineering department required all of us to
take a Business Writing class. Talk about teaching
something we actually needed. It was the hardest
class I took and I lost about 15 pounds and managed
to squeak by with a B-. It about killed me. It
was the best class I took in college. AND IT
WAS NOT FROM THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT.

It was the best of time; it was the worst of times.
Hey! Which was it? Guy sure covers his ass!

-T

rbowman

Jan 15, 2022, 6:11:50 PMJan 15
On 01/15/2022 12:35 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
> On 2022-01-15, T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
>> researching it, it is all over the place.
>>
>> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
>> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
>> construct, they now has a word process to correct
>> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
>> M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
>> a "woke" word checker.
>
> Utterly ridiculous. Will it crash your computer if you dare to type a
> document containing "spic", "wop", "nigger", or "kike"?

Of course not. The thought police will be at your door in 15 minutes and
will require the computer as evidence. The feature is called Auto-SWAT.

Peeler

Jan 15, 2022, 6:26:57 PMJan 15
On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 16:11:55 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Of course not. The thought police will be at your door in 15 minutes and
> will require the computer as evidence. The feature is called Auto-SWAT.

What an endlessly driveling senile idiot! <tsk>

Frank

Jan 15, 2022, 6:56:06 PMJan 15
Reminds me also of being sent to take a business writing course. Better
than college English courses in that it taught you how to get your point
across and covey the information without verbiage.

Of most interest was the Gunning Fox Index:

http://gunning-fog-index.com/

It evaluates the writing and estimates the amount of education needed to
comprehend it.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 15, 2022, 6:57:51 PMJan 15
On 1/15/2022 3:57 PM, T wrote:

> Office 365 is M$ rental version where all this mischief
> is appearing, not to mention the spying.  I try to talk
> my customers into the stand alone version.  So far I
> have always succeeded.  My only customers with 365
> are the ones who did not ask me first.
>
> -T

365 is a benefit for revenue for MS but I don't see any advantage for
the user. I have an older version on CD that is installed on my three
machines.

I'll go back to a lined pad and pen before I pay monthly fees to MS.

Frank

Jan 15, 2022, 7:01:48 PMJan 15
On 1/15/2022 3:57 PM, T wrote:
I had not compared them and did not know the differences. I recall that
free versions might recognize an old MS word doc that newer versions of
MS word would not. Microsoft does have that nasty habit of up-selling.

Snag

Jan 15, 2022, 8:01:20 PMJan 15
I don't know your age , but I graduated HS in 1970 . I learned to
spell correctly , punctuate so my meaning was clear , speak very good
idiomatic French (they said I had a Parisian accent) and do enough math
(I hated algebra though I enjoyed most trig - I think in 3D) to do
anything I want to do - read a mike to a tenth , manipulate fractions ,
etc . But most importantly I was taught to think for myself . When a
subject interests me I will study it until I understand the principles ,
and often use that knowledge in the physical world . Oh , BTW , I was a
C+ student , because most of what they were trying to teach me bored me
to tears . Napoleon Boneypart's last words interest me much less that
Pie are squared .

rbowman

Jan 16, 2022, 12:38:45 AMJan 16
I got out in '64 and picked up Latin as well as German. I don't know how
much longer Latin was on the menu. We used to debate the pronunciation
with the kids from Catholic High. I didn't take it but French could get
interesting. In upstate New York quite a few people spoke Quebec French,
which as I understand it forked from France French in the 17th century.
The teachers spoke College French for the most part. Any German phrases
I picked up from my family were in a Swabian dialect which they say is
about 40% intelligible with Hoch Deutsch.

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/swabian-dialect

You have to like a language that uses a mosquito's nutsack as a unit of
measurement.

Spanish has the same problem. Teachers prefer the lispy Castilian
version than nobody in America actually speaks.

Peeler

Jan 16, 2022, 4:21:37 AMJan 16
On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 22:38:48 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> I got out in '64 and picked up Latin as well as German. I don't know how

Oh fuck! The resident senile gossip is at it again!

--
More typical idiotic senile gossip by lowbrowwoman:
"It's been years since I've been in a fast food burger joint but I used

Wade Garrett

Jan 16, 2022, 7:17:32 AMJan 16
"Nasty habit" of up-selling?

If you owned a company, wouldn't you want your design and sales people
to increase revenue by up-selling? Don't you think that's a good idea? Hmmm?

--
If you don't take risk, you will always work for someone who does

Frank

Jan 16, 2022, 8:01:25 AMJan 16
There is a line between being helpful promoting new or better products
and being obnoxious about it. Have you played Windows formally free
games, for example?

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 16, 2022, 8:13:11 AMJan 16
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 8:34:30 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
> On 1/15/2022 4:17 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 10:42:07 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
> >> researching it, it is all over the place.
> >>
> >> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
> >> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
> >> construct,
> >
> > It is. I'm not feminine, but I'm completely female.
> >
> >> they now has a word process to correct
> >> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
> >> M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
> >> a "woke" word checker.
> >
> > Shut off the damned grammar checker and learn to write
> > English yourself.
> >
> > Problem solved.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >
> That requires a decent education , something that's sadly hard to
> come by these days in our public school systems .

Oh, no. They might have to face the consequences of turning over
the education of our children to people with more degrees than
intelligence.

Cindy Hamilton

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 16, 2022, 8:17:23 AMJan 16
Fancy formatting is overrated. You can use a text editor.

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 16, 2022, 9:28:57 AMJan 16
Fancy formatting can mask the lack of substance though.

Most of us probably use 5% of the features available in Word.

rbowman

Jan 16, 2022, 4:02:43 PMJan 16
If you can't do it with Vim it isn't worth doing. I really hate people
who send me docx and xlsx stuff, particularly the Excel stuff which they
use like a notepad with columns rather than a spreadsheet.

rbowman

Jan 16, 2022, 4:07:35 PMJan 16
Sometimes it works. I'm a programmer and over the years MS has floated
out some great new ideas that were met with yawns. After a few years
they drop the idea and anyone who adopted it is screwed.

That leads to a defeat ultimately. Developers were suspicious of the
Windows phone platform and took a wait and see attitude. No apps, no
phone sales. No market for apps, the developers moved on. Exit phone,
stage left.

Peeler

Jan 16, 2022, 4:16:53 PMJan 16
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:02:50 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> If you can't do it with Vim it isn't worth doing. I really hate people
> who send me docx and xlsx stuff, particularly the Excel stuff which they
> use like a notepad with columns rather than a spreadsheet.

LOL!!! What a driveling ASSHOLE!

Peeler

Jan 16, 2022, 4:54:41 PMJan 16
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 14:07:40 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Sometimes it works. I'm a programmer

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! You're a BIGMOUTH! And that's it!

--
Yet more absolutely idiotic senile blather by lowbrowwoman:
"I save my fries quota for one of the local food trucks that offers

NGuser

Jan 17, 2022, 2:27:52 AMJan 17
On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:35:50 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake
<rogb...@iname.invalid> wrote:

>On 2022-01-15, T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but
>> researching it, it is all over the place.
>>
>> Well now, those folks who can't figure out what
>> bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal
>> construct, they now has a word process to correct
>> any "offensive" words they might accidentally use.
>> M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included
>> a "woke" word checker.
>
>Utterly ridiculous. Will it crash your computer if you dare to type a
>document containing "spic", "wop", "nigger", or "kike"?

My pastor said something funny in his sermon today, he said God
created only 2 genders, with Adam and Eve, and not Adam and Steve!

I had a hard time biting down on my spontaneous laughter that was so
unexpected in the middle of a solemn homily! <g>

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 17, 2022, 5:45:59 AMJan 17
Heh. My employer's documentation is HTML. I've been using vi (and now
vim) for decades. We don't need no steenkin' web authoring tool.

You're right about Excel. "Hey, let's use this as a table formatter!"

Text rulz. You can grep it for what you're looking for.

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 17, 2022, 4:05:30 PMJan 17
On 1/15/22 02:17, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> but I'm completely female.

This would get me banned from Twitter, Facebook,
and Youtube.

"Mrs" => Married Woman
"Miss" => Single Woman
"Ms" => Single or about to become single woman
"Woke" => can't figure it out

Jan 17, 2022, 4:09:50 PMJan 17
I have been using vi since the 80's. About killed
me to learn. That being said, the text editor
from hell can still do some things the fancy
ones can't touch. I pound vi to death doing new
system setups in Linux

$ alias vi
alias vi='stty erase ;/usr/bin/vim'

Jan 17, 2022, 4:11:47 PMJan 17
On 1/16/22 05:01, Frank wrote:
> There is a line between being helpful promoting new or better products
> and being obnoxious about it.  Have you played Windows formally free
> games, for example?

1+

I love "New and Improved", but I can not stand regressions
that are hyped as improvements. Hint, Hint Microsoft
marketing department.

Jan 17, 2022, 4:15:06 PMJan 17
M$'s marketing department is the king of vapor
ware.

Years ago, had a foolish (I could have told him so)
customer that based a full product on some of M$'s
vaporware. Almost lost his shirt.

M$ Marketing department is full of gene spiced weasels
spliced on to cock roachs.

Jan 17, 2022, 4:23:02 PMJan 17
On 1/16/22 23:27, NGuser wrote:
> My pastor said something funny in his sermon today, he said God
> created only 2 genders, with Adam and Eve, and not Adam and Steve!
>
> I had a hard time biting down on my spontaneous laughter that was so
> unexpected in the middle of a solemn homily! <g>

And you know, the wokies, instead of listening to their friends
problems, tell them it is okay to mutilate
their bodies and it will change their genders. It
results in a 70% suicide rate amongst those mutilated
transvestites. And the wokies call themselves "compassionate".

Sew antlers on me. Yup, I am a moose.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 17, 2022, 5:08:53 PMJan 17
You can do that? I always felt like I was a moose but trapped in a
man's body.

My daughter insulted a patient in her office last week. She said to the
person "thanks ma'am" and was corrected, "it is Sir". The person's name
was similar to Joline, but wants to be called Joe and thinks she is a
man even though she has obvious boobs.

Jan 17, 2022, 8:03:26 PMJan 17
Hi Ed,

I feel for your daughter.

If the woman was doing anything stupid with her body,
she should have declared in on the questionnaire.

So probably a wokie seeking attention.

Or he really was a man and lost a bet.

-T

"I support anyone's right to be who they want to be.
My question is: to what extent do I have to participate
in your self-image?"

--David Chappelle

rbowman

Jan 17, 2022, 10:48:23 PMJan 17
On 01/17/2022 02:09 PM, T wrote:
> I have been using vi since the 80's. About killed
> me to learn. That being said, the text editor
> from hell can still do some things the fancy
> ones can't touch. I pound vi to death doing new
> system setups in Linux

I even have the vim plugin for Visual Studio Code. It makes it easy to
navigate complex source code trees and still have a decent editor. For
all the money and decades of improvements the Visual Studio editor is lame.

Peeler

Jan 18, 2022, 4:25:43 AMJan 18
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:48:27 -0700, lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's Eternal Senile
Whore!

> I even have the vim plugin for Visual Studio Code. It makes it easy to
> navigate complex source code trees and still have a decent editor. For
> all the money and decades of improvements the Visual Studio editor is lame.

Well, senile bigmouth, what could be lamer than your endless prattling,
bragging, driveling and gossiping on these groups! But then you are senile
enough to think you are "cool", senile Yankietard! LMAO

Frank

Jan 18, 2022, 7:39:09 AMJan 18
My wife was filling out forms in a doctor's office the other day and in
area that normally says male or female it had other choices too.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2022, 8:28:16 AMJan 18
The third one is funny. I don't care if people call me Mrs. Hamilton
or Ms. Hamilton. I'm probably not woke.

Cindy Hamilton

rbowman

Jan 18, 2022, 9:40:46 AMJan 18
When I was a kid one of my aged relatives would seen birthday cards etc
addressed to 'Master'. I think that distinction is dead, dead, dead.

Peeler

Jan 18, 2022, 10:38:32 AMJan 18
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:40:50 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> When I was a kid one of my aged relatives would seen birthday cards etc
> addressed to 'Master'. I think that distinction is dead, dead, dead.

Sadly, your big mouth isn't, yet. It does seem to have a life of its own and
might even survive your death for a while, you endlessly gossiping and
bullshitting bigmouth and braggart.

--
Yet more of the very interesting senile blather by lowbrowwoman:
"My family loaded me into a '51 Chevy and drove from NY to Seattle and
back in '52. I'm alive. The Chevy had a painted steel dashboard with two
little hand prints worn down to the primer because I liked to stand up
and lean on it to see where we were going."
MID: <j2kuc1...@mid.individual.net>

Wade Garrett

Jan 18, 2022, 1:05:11 PMJan 18
When did Western society decide that instead of helping mentally ill
people, we should indulge their delusions 100% and allow them to set
policy for the rest of us?

--
Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned
from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles.

Bob F

Jan 18, 2022, 1:21:42 PMJan 18
Never.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2022, 1:41:44 PMJan 18
When we realized that what you so small-mindedly refer to as
"mental illness", isn't.

Cindy Hamilton

Frank

Jan 18, 2022, 1:51:04 PMJan 18
Perhaps the old appellation "queer" might be better.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 18, 2022, 2:18:22 PMJan 18
That is a word the LGBTQ people have rehabilitated so you are OK.

Jan 18, 2022, 5:31:44 PMJan 18
Mrs can also refer to a widow.

So, you are not a member of the Religoun of the
Perpetually offended? What is this world coming to?

Snag

Jan 18, 2022, 6:33:02 PMJan 18
You probably don't want to debate politics with her . I don't think
yours align with hers . Not that that's a bad thing , but be forewarned
you're not going to budge her position . She truly believes what she
says ...
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Wade Garrett

Jan 18, 2022, 6:42:45 PMJan 18
If I told you a close family member has a PhD in clinical psychology
from one of the top programs in the county, 45 years of diversified
clinical experience and believes what I said down to his toes...would
you want to reconsider your erroneous comment?

--
If you look closely enough, you'll see that the high horse you're riding
on is actually a jackass

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 18, 2022, 7:48:12 PMJan 18
I have a long time friend, formerly married, now a widow. Twenty three
years ago I helped her set up and email address and used a shortened
version of her last name. Ms....@xxx.com. She still uses it. I've
been writing her letters for the past 40 years and the salutation has
always been Dear Ms.Fxxx.

They used to be hand written but now they are typed on the computer.

Jan 19, 2022, 2:08:36 AMJan 19
On 1/18/22 04:39, Frank wrote:
> My wife was filling out forms in a doctor's office the other day and in
> area that normally says male or female it had other choices too.

Geez! They have to know what you really are so
they can treat you properly! This is not a good
sign.

Jan 19, 2022, 2:10:58 AMJan 19
On 1/18/22 10:05, Wade Garrett wrote:
>> "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be.
>> My question is: to what extent do I have to participate
>> in your self-image?"
>>
>> --David Chappelle
>
> When did Western society decide that instead of helping mentally ill
> people, we should indulge their delusions 100% and allow them to set
> policy for the rest of us?

When they could lock you in a dependent voter

> Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned
> from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles.
>                 - Dostoevsky

I am keeping that one!

Jan 19, 2022, 2:14:51 AMJan 19
Cindy,

It is called "Body dysmorphic disorder" and it can
be treated.

"small-mindedly" is telling your friends they should
mutilate their bodies rather than listening to their
problems, resulting in an over 70% suicide rate.

What you call "small-mindedly", I refer to as a form
of murder.

-T

Jan 19, 2022, 2:18:47 AMJan 19
She is the groups favorite fire breathing RINO. And
I know she won't budge, but I still value her opinion,
even though I don't agree with it most of the time.

Jan 19, 2022, 4:18:47 AMJan 19
On 1/18/22 16:48, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I have a long time friend, formerly married, now a widow.  Twenty three
> years ago I helped her set up and email address and used a shortened
> version of her last name. Ms....@xxx.com.  She still uses it.  I've
> been writing her letters for the past 40 years and the salutation has
> always been Dear Ms.Fxxx.
>
> They used to be hand written but now they are typed on the computer.

I was always told that you do not know what a female
prefers you should use "Ms", especially in a business
correspondence.

Have you asked your lady friend what she prefers?
Most widows I come across, prefer Mrs. Well,
actually all of them.

In my business, were are very folksy. We call
everyone by first name. It is a Nevada thing.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2022, 7:07:31 AMJan 19
You don't appear to know what body dysmorphic disorder is:
A mental illness involving obsessive focus on a perceived flaw in appearance.
The flaw may be minor or imagined. But the person may spend hours a day trying to fix it. The person may try many cosmetic procedures or exercise to excess.
People with this disorder may frequently examine their appearance in a mirror, constantly compare their appearance with that of others, and avoid social situations or photos.
Treatment may include counseling and antidepressant medication.

You also don't seem to be aware of the fact that gender reassignment follows
a period of counseling.

Do we know the suicide rate among transsexuals who do not receive
gender reassignment surgery?

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 19, 2022, 8:43:59 AMJan 19
She prefers it from me because it is personal between us. I did mention
it i a shortened version of the full name that no one else ever used.
Normally, Mrs. would be applicable.

Snag

Jan 19, 2022, 9:01:01 AMJan 19