Wonder what AZ is getting/

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 22, 2022, 2:06:16 AMJan 22

Scott Lurndal

Jan 22, 2022, 12:12:27 PMJan 22
gfre...@aol.com writes:
>I wonder [what AZ is getting]

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state

Florida got $2 billon from the FAST act in 2020 (that's not counting
the $2 billion in federal gas tax revenues that Florida receives each year).

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/fastact/comptables/table1p1.cfm

Florida takes more from the federal government than
it gives.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 22, 2022, 2:53:57 PMJan 22
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:12:21 GMT, sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

>gfre...@aol.com writes:
>>I wonder [what AZ is getting]
>
>https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state
>
>Florida got $2 billon from the FAST act in 2020 (that's not counting
>the $2 billion in federal gas tax revenues that Florida receives each year).
>
>https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/fastact/comptables/table1p1.cfm

Florida has 12 times the population as W Virginia and that number is
rising. W.Va population is falling. More people, more cars, more gas
tax taken from us and sent to DC. It is only fair that they send some
back. California got $4 Billion from FAST. (your cite)

The Feds took 3.7Billion in fuel tax in 2019, the last year I could
find reported
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/motor-fuel-tax-revenue

You said they only returned $2 billion in gas tax.
That's a lotta "vig".

>Florida takes more from the federal government than
>it gives.
>
>https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states

Most of that "federal spending" is simply the fact that we have a lot
of military bases and Cape Canaveral here. Maybe if the weather was
better in W.Va and they had a more favorable latitude for launching
satellites they would do better.

Bob F

Jan 22, 2022, 3:14:07 PMJan 22
Most RED states, the leach states, do. The blue states pay more than
they get. Welfare the way Repubs like it.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 22, 2022, 7:31:20 PMJan 22
Strip out the federal employees that get counted as "spending" and
look again. The red states tend to be the home of more military bases
for one thing. The blue states don't want them. It results in a lower
tax base for them.
I will agree states like Mississippi pay far less to the government
than they receive but with the exclusion of carpet baggers like Joyce,
they have a much lower average incomes so a lot more people pay zero
income tax and get more welfare.

micky

Jan 22, 2022, 8:31:57 PMJan 22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:14:00 -0800, Bob F
Absolutely. NYS gets much less from the US Govt than it gives.

When my brother lived in NY, he thought it was because the Congressional
delegation worried about big things like foreign policy and national
interests, and didn't spend so much time log-rolling for projects,
grants, etc. But he was only 30 years old then and if that was part of
the reason, it was only part.

Jim Joyce

Jan 23, 2022, 12:55:10 AMJan 23
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:30:48 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:14:00 -0800, Bob F <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state
>>>
>>> Florida got $2 billon from the FAST act in 2020 (that's not counting
>>> the $2 billion in federal gas tax revenues that Florida receives each year).
>>>
>>> https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/fastact/comptables/table1p1.cfm
>>>
>>> Florida takes more from the federal government than
>>> it gives.
>>>
>>> https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/donor-states
>>
>>Most RED states, the leach states, do. The blue states pay more than
>>they get. Welfare the way Repubs like it.
>
>Strip out the federal employees that get counted as "spending" and
>look again.

Or don't.

>The red states tend to be the home of more military bases
>for one thing.

You know, they write these things down, so your claim is easily
disproven.

>The blue states don't want them. It results in a lower
>tax base for them.

That's beyond stupid. I say that because it's completely wrong, not
because it came from you.

>I will agree states like Mississippi pay far less to the government
>than they receive

But not nearly as bad as Florida. Florida is #2 on the list of states
that take more than they pay, while MS is # 15. Oops, claim busted.

>but with the exclusion of carpet baggers like Joyce,
>they have a much lower average incomes so a lot more people pay zero
>income tax and get more welfare.

Sometimes, perhaps most times, you post stupid things to see if anyone
will notice. This post of yours doesn't rise to the level of stupid. As
troll posts go, this was lame. Still suffering from Covid?

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 1:35:42 PMJan 23
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:55:05 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
Do they launch rockets from Mississippi?

Take out the money they spend at Patrick and Kennedy and see what it
looks like. Then take out the money DEA/Homeland spends watching 8400
miles of shoreline. Where are you then?
I suppose you would say Mississippi has 360 miles on the Gulf they
need to protect from smugglers and terrorists. I would say illegal
aliens too but they were trying to get away from a place like
Mississippi. ;-)

>>but with the exclusion of carpet baggers like Joyce,
>>they have a much lower average incomes so a lot more people pay zero
>>income tax and get more welfare.
>
>Sometimes, perhaps most times, you post stupid things to see if anyone
>will notice. This post of yours doesn't rise to the level of stupid. As
>troll posts go, this was lame. Still suffering from Covid?

Scott is the only one who responds with actual facts instead of ad
hominem attacks like you do.

I assume you are denying the number of people in Mississippi who pay
no federal income tax.

Jim Joyce

Jan 23, 2022, 9:27:07 PMJan 23
I get why you'd want to remove the pieces that make you look silly, but
reality doesn't work that way. The reality is that Florida and MS both
get back more from the Federal gov't than they pay in, but Florida gets
back more than twice what MS gets back. I see you trying to spin that,
but it's not working.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 11:10:14 PMJan 23
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 20:27:02 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
If that money we "get back" is for hours given to the government,
isn't that a wash or do you think people work for the communal good
comrade?

Jim Joyce

Jan 24, 2022, 1:34:25 AMJan 24
I'm not willing to twist into a pretzel to make your numbers work.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 24, 2022, 2:17:30 AMJan 24
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:34:18 -0600, Jim Joyce <no...@none.invalid>
OK back up. What is the point of that stat?

The Blue State people want to make it sound like it is welfare but in
most states it is largely salaries and government contracts.
You sucked on the federal tit for a couple decades. Was that money for
service rendered or was it just welfare?