OT Do some parts of the US have covid entry restrictions? Have they ever?

micky

Jan 23, 2022, 4:01:12 AMJan 23
OT Do some parts of the US have covid entry restrictions? Have they
ever?

This is on the webpage of a lab that does Rapid and Rapid PCR testing in
Baltimore. Travel to the us must mean travel within the US if you're
getting tested in Baltimore.

https://www.medicalaccessmd.com/covid-19-test
". If you’re traveling internationally, you can find the latest
country-specific information through the U.S. Department of State
website**. If you’re traveling to the U.S. visit the CDC State and
Territorial Health website
(https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/healthdirectories/healthdepartments.html)
for up-to-date restrictions on each U.S. state"

The second url is a list of health departments for each state but y ou
have to look at each url t o see if it mentions any covid entry
restricctions. I thought once you were in the US you could go anywhere.

It might not be wise, and it might be a bad policy to contain diseases,
but I thought it was the law ever since California tried to keep Sooners
out during the Depression.

**Also, wouldn't you be better off going to the other country's website
than the US state dept. Although I'm sure it's 99.99% right, shouldn't
you go to the horse's mouth.

trader_4

Jan 23, 2022, 12:05:01 PMJan 23
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 4:01:12 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> OT Do some parts of the US have covid entry restrictions? Have they
> ever?
>
> This is on the webpage of a lab that does Rapid and Rapid PCR testing in
> Baltimore. Travel to the us must mean travel within the US if you're
> getting tested in Baltimore.
>
> https://www.medicalaccessmd.com/covid-19-test
> ". If you’re traveling internationally, you can find the latest
> country-specific information through the U.S. Department of State
> website**. If you’re traveling to the U.S. visit the CDC State and
> Territorial Health website

It says to the US, not within the US. But yes, in the past, like 2020, many states
had restrictions on traveling to that state, requirements that you quarantine for
a number of days, etc.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 12:27:41 PMJan 23
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 04:01:05 -0500, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
wrote:
Florida tried to quarantine people getting off of infected cruise
ships when this first started but they jumped on planes and scattered
into the wind.
Trader said it was OK "They were just trying to go home".
There was no real way to stop them.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 12:29:54 PMJan 23
It was also totally unenforceable. Florida tried roadblocks and
voluntary quarantines but nobody did it. The news was all over them
for violations of civil rights.

trader_4

Jan 23, 2022, 1:54:48 PMJan 23
Please cite for us where I said that. Voices in your head again?
As i recall YOU said that there was no way to quarantine people like
that and I cited California, where once Trump finally decided he had to
allow the cruise ship passengers in similar circumstances into the US,
they were quarantined after disembarking.

Since then your genius Republican governor has moved on to suing
cruise ship companies, trying to prevent them from requiring vaccination
to go on a cruise. He claims he's doing it to "help" the cruise ship
companies. That's a classic. He's been in court with local municipalities
that want to require masks or similar, goodbye the the GOP concept of local rule.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 6:00:35 PMJan 23
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:54:45 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>> Florida tried to quarantine people getting off of infected cruise
>> ships when this first started but they jumped on planes and scattered
>> into the wind.
>> Trader said it was OK "They were just trying to go home".
>> There was no real way to stop them.
>
>Please cite for us where I said that.

I suppose I could go back through 2 years of archives and find it but
you defended the idea of "going home" when those people were dodging
the East Coast quarantines and hitting the airports and I-95. Deny it
if you like. I really don't give a shit anymore.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 6:08:06 PMJan 23
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>As i recall YOU said that there was no way to quarantine people like
>that and I cited California, where once Trump finally decided he had to
>allow the cruise ship passengers in similar circumstances into the US,
>they were quarantined after disembarking.

Cite that. I did see some cruise ships were not allowed to land and
there were some voluntary quarantines but I did not see any custodial
quarantining, here or in California (like down under). How did they
survive a writ of Habeas Corpus?

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 6:10:09 PMJan 23
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>Since then your genius Republican governor has moved on to suing
>cruise ship companies, trying to prevent them from requiring vaccination
>to go on a cruise. He claims he's doing it to "help" the cruise ship
>companies. That's a classic. He's been in court with local municipalities
>that want to require masks or similar, goodbye the the GOP concept of local rule.

The vaccine does not prevent transmission, that was made pretty clear
in the last few months and masks are not that effective either.
The KN-95 still only stops about half of the virus transmission. The
cloth mask is worse than nothing.

Scott Lurndal

Jan 23, 2022, 6:48:21 PMJan 23
I think you're memory of the events is faulty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_on_Grand_Princess

"By 25 March, the Department of Health and Human Services
(HHS) said that, of the 1,103 passengers who elected to
be tested, 103 tested positive, 699 tested negative,
and the remaining results were pending.[1] Nearly
two-thirds of the passengers quarantined at Travis
Air Force Base refused to take the test, with some passengers
stating that federal officials had discouraged them from doing so,
and others admitting that they did not want to be tested because
they wanted to be released from quarantine."

> How did they
>survive a writ of Habeas Corpus?

Why do you insist on changing the topic to something irrelevent?

Jim Joyce

Jan 23, 2022, 9:59:57 PMJan 23
Yet another example of making a claim and then abandoning it when you
get called on it. In this case, giving it up was a smart move.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2022, 10:53:21 PMJan 23
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:48:15 GMT, sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:
Amazing ... in the US. I thought we only did this in GITMO. You are
right, I didn't know.

>> How did they
>>survive a writ of Habeas Corpus?
>
>Why do you insist on changing the topic to something irrelevent?

Involuntary incarceration without due process always sounds relevant
to me.

trader_4

Jan 24, 2022, 10:00:30 AMJan 24
Like always, now you've moved on to something different than what you
claimed, which was that I had said cruise ship passengers infected with
Covid should be allowed to just scatter into the wind.

trader_4

Jan 24, 2022, 10:04:56 AMJan 24
Google broken? Took me about a minute, just google california cruise ship quarantine.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/coronavirus/passengers-aboard-grand-princess-cruise-ship-to-be-quarantined-at-travis-air-force-base/2250222/

Nearly 1,000 passengers who are California residents aboard the Princess Cruise Ship will complete mandatory quarantine at Travis Air Force Base and Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2022, 1:22:24 PMJan 25
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:00:25 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 6:00:35 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>> >Please cite for us where I said that.
>> I suppose I could go back through 2 years of archives and find it but
>> you defended the idea of "going home" when those people were dodging
>> the East Coast quarantines and hitting the airports and I-95. Deny it
>> if you like. I really don't give a shit anymore.
>
>Like always, now you've moved on to something different than what you
>claimed, which was that I had said cruise ship passengers infected with
>Covid should be allowed to just scatter into the wind.

I didn't say they should be, You justified it last year by saying they
"just wanted to go home".

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2022, 1:26:23 PMJan 25
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:04:52 -0800 (PST), trader_4
I am still not sure how that was constitutional but it is the people's
republic of California. They do all sorts of weird shit there.

Scott Lurndal

Jan 25, 2022, 1:42:06 PMJan 25
It is well known that Florida owns the title for weird shit,
as documented by Carl Hiaasen.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/twitters-florida-man

Travis Air Force base, while located in California, is not managed by
California. Nor is dealing with cruise ships docking in US waters
one of the responsibilities of state government. So your attempted
insults fall flat.

trader_4

Jan 25, 2022, 5:42:21 PMJan 25
Like I said, you're just all confused again. First, it wasn't last year. The
cruise ships holding offshore with Covid infected passengers was in spring
of 2020, nearly two years ago. Second, I most definitely did not say that
when the ships did dock, that the Covid infected passengers should just be
allowed to scatter to the wind and go home, wherever that might be. Good
evidence of that I know what was going on and what I said or didn't say is
that you didn't even know that the passengers in California had been taken off
to quarantine at a military base. I did and provided the link for you.

trader_4

Jan 25, 2022, 5:46:42 PMJan 25
Good grief, the US govt has been quarantining people for various diseases
throughout our existence. The govt is charged with providing for the general
welfare of the people in the Constitution. That covers it. It's further codified
in federal law, giving the CDC the power to quarantine entry to the US and between
states, if needed.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2022, 9:56:56 PMJan 25
On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:42:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4
I am aware of when it was although I misstated it. That was when they
tried to lock down Broward County and I wrote that the people had a
traffic jam on I-95 trying to get out of town. At that time you said
they were just trying to get home.
Well they did, and took Covid with them. Ny/Nj was a hot spot within a
week or two
You can deny it if you like, I don't care.
You were right and I acknowledged it to you and Scott that the state
of California actually did do something right out of the 3d reich.
Round them up and send them to the camps. No due process, not even any
proof they were infected. Scary shit.

After all of their oppression, California didn't fare that much
different than Florida.

California is an interesting place tho. You can commit all manner of
"minor" crime without any interference from the cops but they lock you
up if they even suspect you have Covid

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2022, 10:12:10 PMJan 25
On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:46:39 -0800 (PST), trader_4
only if they can demonstrate that the person is infected

Scott Lurndal

Jan 26, 2022, 10:58:36 AMJan 26
Hey dumbshit - didn't you just agree that it was the federal government
that quaranteed the cruise ship passengers on a federal air force base?

And the first part of your statement is also patently false.

trader_4

Jan 26, 2022, 1:02:04 PMJan 26
So you conflated those people with the people infected with Covid
on cruise ships.

> Well they did, and took Covid with them. Ny/Nj was a hot spot within a
> week or two

NY/NJ was one of the original Covid hotspots in the very beginning and
I never saw anyone attribute it to people coming up from Florida, until
you just did.

> You can deny it if you like, I don't care.

Another attempt to divert detected and rejected. What I denied saying
was that people that had Covid on cruise ships should be allowed to
disembark and "scatter to the wind", go home. And I deny that, because
I never said it.

> You were right and I acknowledged it to you and Scott that the state
> of California actually did do something right out of the 3d reich.
> Round them up and send them to the camps. No due process, not even any
> proof they were infected. Scary shit.

And now you just trivialized the holocaust. The ADL and similar are after
Robert Kennedy Jr for doing similar with his anti-vax BS.

> After all of their oppression, California didn't fare that much
> different than Florida.
>
> California is an interesting place tho. You can commit all manner of
> "minor" crime without any interference from the cops but they lock you
> up if they even suspect you have Covid

Another fallacy, you're on a winning streak.

gfre...@aol.com

Jan 26, 2022, 9:28:21 PMJan 26
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:02:01 -0800 (PST), trader_4
It was how Covid came into South Florida.
The first cases were traced to the cruise ships.
At least that is what they told us but this whole Covid boondoggle has
been laced with half truths and guesses so who knows?

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2022, 10:11:59 PMJan 26
On 1/26/2022 9:28 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>>> I am aware of when it was although I misstated it. That was when they
>>> tried to lock down Broward County and I wrote that the people had a
>>> traffic jam on I-95 trying to get out of town. At that time you said
>>> they were just trying to get home.
>>
>> So you conflated those people with the people infected with Covid
>> on cruise ships.
>>

> It was how Covid came into South Florida.
> The first cases were traced to the cruise ships.
> At least that is what they told us but this whole Covid boondoggle has
> been laced with half truths and guesses so who knows?

One very wise man said it would be gone by April. Went downhill from
there.

Bob F

Jan 26, 2022, 10:22:29 PMJan 26
And a little later, the FL Repub Governor. mandated that cruise ships
were not allowed to mandate vaccinations for crew and passengers.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2022, 10:42:53 PMJan 26
DeSantis is still fighting mandates and mask requirements and says the
CDC is wrong to ban the monoclonal treatments that don't work.

trader_4

Jan 27, 2022, 1:25:13 PMJan 27
From cruise ships? WTTF? Cites for that.

> The first cases were traced to the cruise ships.

If that is true, which I seriously doubt, then you should be all over
your brilliant governor, who could have quarantined cruise ship
passengers that were infected. Instead, he was suing cruise ship
companies that required vaccination to get on to a cruise.

> At least that is what they told us but this whole Covid boondoggle has
> been laced with half truths and guesses so who knows?

Certainly not you.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 27, 2022, 2:41:51 PMJan 27
On 1/27/2022 1:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:

>> The first cases were traced to the cruise ships.
>
> If that is true, which I seriously doubt, then you should be all over
> your brilliant governor, who could have quarantined cruise ship
> passengers that were infected. Instead, he was suing cruise ship
> companies that required vaccination to get on to a cruise.

I know who you are talking about. The governor that does not want
interference from the Feds but makes his own mandates of private companies.

Scott Lurndal

Jan 27, 2022, 2:47:44 PMJan 27
Fretwell's memory is still faulty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Florida

On March 1, 2020, the U.S. state of Florida officially
reported its first two COVID-19 cases, in Manatee and
Hillsborough counties. In response, Governor Ron DeSantis
then declared a public health emergency. There is evidence,
however, that community spread of COVID-19 began in Florida
much earlier, perhaps as early as the first week of January,[4]
with as many as 171 people in Florida who had shown symptoms now
identified with COVID-19, prior to receiving confirmation from
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. By March 11,
the CDC saw evidence to conclude that community spread of the
virus had occurred within the state.[5]

The lady in Hillsborough had just returned from Italy by air.

Those two cases are in west florida; I'm not sure what Fretwell
considers "south florida", however, it is clear from the above
that COVID was already established in the state by March 9, 2020
when the Grand Princess (in the Caymens, at the time) detected
the first infection.

micky

Jan 30, 2022, 3:51:19 PMJan 30
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:47:39 GMT,
sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

>Fretwell's memory is still faulty.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Florida
>
> On March 1, 2020, the U.S. state of Florida officially
> reported its first two COVID-19 cases, in Manatee and

So Covid was first brought in by manatees. That's why I try to avoid
them.

And I see they've been dying at an alarming rate. Covid is a terrible
thing.

> Hillsborough counties. In response, Governor Ron DeSantis
> then declared a public health emergency. There is evidence,
> however, that community spread of COVID-19 began in Florida
> much earlier, perhaps as early as the first week of January,[4]
> with as many as 171 people in Florida who had shown symptoms now
> identified with COVID-19, prior to receiving confirmation from
> the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. By March 11,
> the CDC saw evidence to conclude that community spread of the
> virus had occurred within the state.[5]
>
>The lady in Hillsborough had just returned from Italy by air.
>
>Those two cases are in west florida; I'm not sure what Fretwell
>considers "south florida", however, it is clear from the above
>that COVID was already established in the state by March 9, 2020
>when the Grand Princess (in the Caymens, at the time) detected

I'm aligned with the populist manatee population that opposes having
royalty in the manatee community. No titles of nobiity.

>the first infection.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 30, 2022, 4:01:25 PMJan 30
Micky, I am so disappointed with you. I live in Manatee county and was
working on a project to be named Prince of Manatee. I was counting on
your backing (and financing, of course) and now you say this?

I've even been vaccinated and boosted. In England the booster shot is
spelled boochester. Pronounced the same as Worchester. I'd make a good
Prince.

Kemle

Jan 30, 2022, 4:48:06 PMJan 30
Trouble is that it is a Prince of Darkness and we actually need lots of
light now.

Peeler

Jan 30, 2022, 5:35:11 PMJan 30
On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 08:47:57 +1100, Kemle, better known as cantankerous

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around while you talk to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID: <gfkt3m...@mid.individual.net>