house-only-6-feet-wide

micky

Feb 24, 2021, 4:51:59 AM2/24/21

Dean Hoffman

Feb 24, 2021, 5:41:33 AM2/24/21
Not for old people. No elevator. I think one of the articles said 1.3 million dollars. Well beyond
my budget.

jimmy

Feb 24, 2021, 7:56:02 AM2/24/21
Since the US has open borders and no citizenship test, sell that 6' yard shed and immigrate to shabby chic Detroit.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13110-Wisconsin-St-Detroit-MI-48238/88087392_zpid/

angelica...@yahoo.com

Feb 24, 2021, 8:09:00 AM2/24/21
Or you could try one of the less shabby neighborhoods in Detroit:

<https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2501-Iroquois-St_Detroit_MI_48214_M38714-13721>

Cindy Hamilton

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 24, 2021, 8:16:35 AM2/24/21

Dean Hoffman

Feb 24, 2021, 9:04:17 AM2/24/21
Let's see. I have the cash, a hammer, a skilsaw, a square, and a level. Ambition? That's around
somewhere. Maybe in the old granary at the farm.

rbowman

Feb 24, 2021, 9:39:05 AM2/24/21
On 02/24/2021 06:08 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Or you could try one of the less shabby neighborhoods in Detroit:
>
> <https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2501-Iroquois-St_Detroit_MI_48214_M38714-13721>

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13398-Elmdale-St-Detroit-MI-48213/88481815_zpid/

That's more in my budget...

angelica...@yahoo.com

Feb 24, 2021, 10:07:37 AM2/24/21
No accounting for taste. They'd have to pay _me_ a million bucks
to live in Florida.

Cindy Hamilton

Rod Speed

Feb 24, 2021, 10:30:53 AM2/24/21

<gfre...@aol.com> wrote in message
Trouble is that you would have to pay them to 'live' right behind you.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 24, 2021, 4:34:12 PM2/24/21
On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:39:38 -0700, rbowman <bow...@montana.com>
wrote:
1564 sq/ft 5 bedrooms? I guess a king sized bed is out.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 24, 2021, 4:35:54 PM2/24/21
On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:07:33 -0800 (PST), "angelica...@yahoo.com"
Tell your friends, tell your neighbors.
There doesn't seem to be any shortage of "Pure Michigan" tags here and
more stay every year.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 24, 2021, 4:36:44 PM2/24/21
There is a moat (canal) between us.

micky

Feb 25, 2021, 6:42:49 AM2/25/21
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 05:08:56 -0800 (PST),
"angelica...@yahoo.com" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 7:56:02 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:
>> On 2/24/21 4:51 AM, micky wrote:
>> > I hope this wasn't posted here already.
>> >
>> > It's actually on topic:
>> >
>> > https://www.today.com/home/thinnest-house-london-only-6-feet-wide-see-photos-t191872
>> >
>> > https://www.cnn.com/style/article/london-thinnest-house-sale-scli-intl-gbr/index.html
>> Since the US has open borders

No it doesn't.

>> and no citizenship test,

Yes it does. Are you a dumbbell who believes the things you say, or
are you just another liar?

> sell that 6' yard shed and immigrate to shabby chic Detroit.
>>
>> https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13110-Wisconsin-St-Detroit-MI-48238/88087392_zpid/
>
>Or you could try one of the less shabby neighborhoods in Detroit:
>
><https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2501-Iroquois-St_Detroit_MI_48214_M38714-13721>

Hey, I like that, especially the wood panelling, the fireplace, all the
windows, lots of bedrooms, and there are other houses nearby. I don't
want a big estate. I want Timmy to have nearby friends he can play with
whenever he wants (None of these play dates.)

Picture 27 out of 70, 27/70, shows some very strange kitchen cabinets,
with heavy-duty hinges and latches. What do you suppose they are,
they're for?

Picture 50/70 is interesting too. A lot of support for the roof. Looks
like wine bottles sticking out in the back but they couldnt' have that
in the attic. Maybe it's the basement. But why are there so many
scaffolds.

Lots of tools. I wonder if this house is sold furnished, and tooled.

Two washers and two dryers. I'd better plan on having a lot of company.
Anyone here want to visit?

If I had a house like that, and no other big problems, life would be so
good I'd really hate to die.

Can I get 5 mortgages if I don't tell any of the five about the other 4.
Then maybe I could afford this house.

If I move to Detroit can I be friends with you and your hubby?

>Cindy Hamilton

micky

Feb 25, 2021, 6:49:31 AM2/25/21
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:33:41 -0500,
5 beds, not 5 bedrooms.

It looks nice too, and only 1/20 the price of the other. Empty lot
next door, room to play football.

micky

Feb 25, 2021, 6:52:03 AM2/25/21
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:04:14 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 6:56:02 AM UTC-6, jimmy wrote:
>> On 2/24/21 4:51 AM, micky wrote:
>> > I hope this wasn't posted here already.
>> >
>> > It's actually on topic:
>> >
>> > https://www.today.com/home/thinnest-house-london-only-6-feet-wide-see-photos-t191872
>> >
>> > https://www.cnn.com/style/article/london-thinnest-house-sale-scli-intl-gbr/index.html
>> Since the US has open borders and no citizenship test, sell that 6' yard shed and immigrate to shabby chic Detroit.
>>
>> https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13110-Wisconsin-St-Detroit-MI-48238/88087392_zpid/

This looks pretty messy. I'd try to find the other 7000 and buy the one
with the football field next door. And it already has a ramp for when
I get old.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 7:27:53 AM2/25/21
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:49:24 -0500, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
wrote:
I imagine the empty lot next door is because the city tore down that
house. It is $18k for a reason.

Dean Hoffman

Feb 25, 2021, 9:20:58 AM2/25/21
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 3:51:59 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:
There's a ranch for sale next to Area 51 for those who like a little more space.
<https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/cattle-ranch-with-area-51-grazing-permit-hits-market-for-4-5m/>
<https://www.aranchbroker.com/home/detail-283F25>
There was an overnight talk show host, Art Bell, whose domain was the paranormal. He'd listen
with dead seriousness when someone would talk about aliens, ghosts, or whatever.

micky

Feb 25, 2021, 10:33:02 AM2/25/21
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 25 Feb 2021 07:27:19 -0500,
I think you're right about that, although OTOH there was an empty lot 2
doors from my house growing up. Just didn't get sold, until 2004, 80
years after mine. It's $239,000, not so little.

zillow doesn't rate my old house at all, but it's $95,400 on realtor.
And it's certainly a nice house, built in 1925 it says. I asked the
father of my friend across the street and I hthought it was the 30's.

One sign of it's age is that the upstairs bathroom was as big as a
bedroom. I guess because very early bathrooms were converted bedrooms,
and they hadn't thought to make them smaller in 1925.

The people who bought it from us put in cental air conditioning and
fixed the door on the garage. I could still be happy there. It's not
close to my job but heck, I don't have a job.

Here's a house near my boyhood home for a million:
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/809-E-Maitland-Ln_New-Castle_PA_16105_M44230-51990
It includes 70 acres.

If I moved back to my boyhood home, it would ruin my plans for a
relationship with Cindy's family, but I'd save a million dollars.

>house. It is $18k for a reason.

But I do still agree that in first case they probably tore down the
house next door. You can still play football there.

jimmy

Feb 25, 2021, 11:36:17 AM2/25/21
The problem with Michigan is we got a democrat governor who has a fetish for making restaurants suffer.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/billboard-mocks-michigan-gov-whitmer-as-indiana-business-person-of-the-year

angelica...@yahoo.com

Feb 25, 2021, 12:54:12 PM2/25/21
On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 11:36:17 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:

> The problem with Michigan is we got a democrat governor who has a fetish for making restaurants suffer.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/billboard-mocks-michigan-gov-whitmer-as-indiana-business-person-of-the-year

I wouldn't be stupid enough to go to a restaurant even if they were open.
(They might be open; I'm just not interested in finding out.) Take-out is fine.

Looks like Washtenaw County has 1500-some new cases this week. No, thanks.
I'll stay home and cook.

Cindy Hamilton

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 1:07:17 PM2/25/21
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:32:54 -0500, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
I have no desire to go back and live in any house I used to live in.
The neighborhoods changed for the worst although one may actually be
getting gentrified. I am surprised at what Zillow says they are worth
tho.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 1:10:03 PM2/25/21
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 11:36:07 -0500, jimmy <ji...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
You are right. They may have just come here so they can go out for
dinner. I do get a giggle out of the fact that locked down states have
similar stats to ours and we are pretty much wide open at 100% for
most small businesses.

Bob F

Feb 25, 2021, 1:30:22 PM2/25/21
The problem with Michigan is too many right wing wackos.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2021, 2:49:21 PM2/25/21

<gfre...@aol.com> wrote in message
I wouldn't mind at all with most I have lived in.

> The neighborhoods changed for the worst

None I have lived in have.

Peeler

Feb 25, 2021, 4:18:05 PM2/25/21
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 06:49:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest trollshit unread>

cretin's pathological trolling:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/

Tekkie©

Feb 25, 2021, 4:22:43 PM2/25/21

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:04:14 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...
The lead in my pencil has moved to my ass...

--
Tekkie

Tekkie©

Feb 25, 2021, 4:24:23 PM2/25/21

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:20:51 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

I remember him. Too bad he died.

--
Tekkie

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 4:27:58 PM2/25/21
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:54:08 -0800 (PST), "angelica...@yahoo.com"
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 11:36:17 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:
>
>> The problem with Michigan is we got a democrat governor who has a fetish for making restaurants suffer.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/billboard-mocks-michigan-gov-whitmer-as-indiana-business-person-of-the-year
>
>I wouldn't be stupid enough to go to a restaurant even if they were open.
>(They might be open; I'm just not interested in finding out.) Take-out is fine.

Yeah I'm sure they never breathe in that food or touch it.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 4:29:48 PM2/25/21
That is one reason why we question your ability to opine about things
in the US. You live on a cloistered island.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2021, 5:19:28 PM2/25/21

<gfre...@aol.com> wrote in message
Only a few of you are actually that stupid.

> You live on a cloistered island.

Bullshit it is. Plenty of areas have done that
here, I just havent ever lived in any of them.

Redfern is one example if you want to research that.

Peeler

Feb 25, 2021, 5:26:42 PM2/25/21
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:19:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

angelica...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2021, 5:13:41 AM2/26/21
It's fairly difficult to get COVID orally. I'm not inclined to stick food up
my nose.

Cindy Hamilton

jimmy

Feb 26, 2021, 7:19:07 AM2/26/21
Don't believe the gooberment covid stats.

I think Flip-Flop Fauci's Fraudsters were using Cheatmatic voting machines to count covid deaths.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2021, 8:25:03 AM2/26/21
It looks like the idea of dishonest voting machines has completely
taken over your brain:

<https://dictionary.apa.org/idee-fixe>

Cindy Hamilton

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2021, 11:28:10 AM2/26/21

"angelica...@yahoo.com" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
That hasn’t been tested properly and given that it
isnt hard to get it thru your eye fluid, its unlikely.

> I'm not inclined to stick food up my nose.

You don’t need to.

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2021, 11:53:10 AM2/26/21
That can't have happened, that one has no brain, just a broken record
or a chip out of a child's toy that repeats the same thing forever.

> <https://dictionary.apa.org/idee-fixe>

Peeler

Feb 26, 2021, 1:23:56 PM2/26/21
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 03:27:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

03:27??? And you are up and trolling ALREADY, yet again, you subnormal
senile swine? Do you sociopaths really know NO shame AT ALL?

micky

Feb 28, 2021, 2:18:03 AM2/28/21
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:20:51 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 3:51:59 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:
>> I hope this wasn't posted here already.
>>
>> It's actually on topic:
>>
>> https://www.today.com/home/thinnest-house-london-only-6-feet-wide-see-photos-t191872
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/style/article/london-thinnest-house-sale-scli-intl-gbr/index.html
>
>There's a ranch for sale next to Area 51 for those who like a little more space.
><https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/cattle-ranch-with-area-51-grazing-permit-hits-market-for-4-5m/>
><https://www.aranchbroker.com/home/detail-283F25>

4.5 million. Too much for me. Unless I could borrow the money and
subdivide and build houses. Maybe a mall and some services like autos,
barbershop, dry cleaning, saddles, blacksmith. I could call it
Mickytown. This is really a great idea. Thank you so much.

> There was an overnight talk show host, Art Bell, whose domain was the paranormal. He'd listen
>with dead seriousness when someone would talk about aliens, ghosts, or whatever.

Yeah, I've listened to that show. For months, I thought the subject
would change at the top of the hour, or tomorrow, or next month, but it
was alway similar.

I think I listed to Art Bell and I know I've listened to George Noory.
Bbut only some nights and only until I fall asleep.