OT: meeting notes

Jun 24, 2022, 9:58:54 AM6/24/22

trader_4

Jun 24, 2022, 10:17:55 AM6/24/22
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 9:58:54 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-holds-notes-you-enter-roosevelt-room-you-take-your-seat
>
> Completely senile.

How about the notes that the top DOJ officials took when meeting with Trump? Like where
they told him over and over for more than a month that they had checked out his latest
claims of massive fraud and found out it wasn't true. They told him what you're asking
us to do is overturn the election, we can't do that. Trump responded, "no, I'm just asking
you to say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republicans in
Congress." His next plot was to try to fire the acting AG an put in a Trump sycophant
environmental lawyer that would do his bidding. It took an emergency meeting on a
Sunday afternoon at the WH, where the acting AG, two deputy AG's stood up to Trump
and told him that all of them plus other deputy AGs would resign if Trump did that and
his flunkie would be running a ghost ship. Trump's WH lawyers concurred as they too
had been telling Trump since the election that he lost and what he was trying to do was
illegal.

Not surprising coming from a guy that has been impeached twice, but fools like you
still supported one horrific act after another. The above is infinitely worse than Biden
holding silly cards. And what Trump did in the above and lots more sure sounds like a
criminal acts too.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 10:51:36 AM6/24/22

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 10:52:06 AM6/24/22
In article <t94fuo$eje$2...@dont-email.me>, T...@invalid.invalid says...

> https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-holds-notes-you-enter-roosevelt-room-you-take-your-seat
>
> Completely senile.

As much as I dislike Biden, that card is probably just like the program
passed out at churches to let everyone know what the schedule is.
Probably most in the room had the same card. No big deal.

Frank

Jun 24, 2022, 10:52:17 AM6/24/22
You would still have to admit we would be better off without Biden.

trader_4

Jun 24, 2022, 10:59:44 AM6/24/22
We would be better off without either Biden or Trump. It's sad that that's
the best both parties could come up with. But at least Biden hadn't tried to
pull a coup, stage an insurrection. And I doubt he will be running for a second
term, when he's out of office he will fade into history like all the former presidents
until Trump. Trump still heads the GOP, he's picking it's candidates, punishing
those that speak the truth and still tripling down on the stolen election lie.
It's really quite stunning and frightening. That has done and is continuing to do
severe damage to the very core of our democracy.

John Doe

Jun 24, 2022, 11:15:50 AM6/24/22
Off-topic troll...

--
T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> From: T <T...@invalid.invalid>
> Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
> Subject: OT: meeting notes
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:58:48 -0700
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-holds-notes-you-enter-roosevelt-room-you-take-your-seat
>
> Completely senile.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 11:19:49 AM6/24/22
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 10:52:17 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
You would still have to admit that Trump is a liar, a cheat and a complete asshole.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 24, 2022, 11:30:49 AM6/24/22
I read somewhere that those types of basic instructions are often
provided to presidents, but I can't find the citation anymore.

I look at this this way: Actors (and so much of politics is acting)
rehearse a lot, including where they stand and what sequence of
movements they'll perform. Politicians don't get rehearsals, so they
get notes on what to do.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Frank

Jun 24, 2022, 11:48:13 AM6/24/22
Still better than the liar, cheat and asshole in power now.

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 11:52:22 AM6/24/22
In article <bae26ccc-cf60-439f...@googlegroups.com>,
comawhit...@gmail.com says...

> > You would still have to admit we would be better off without Biden.
>
> You would still have to admit that Trump is a liar, a cheat and a complete asshole.

My kind of man. I know where I stand with people like that.

I was over $ 150,000 better off not too long ago under Trump. Hard to
tell how much lower the IRA and other stocks will go. Just glad I
parked a lot in cash just after the election or would have been out
twice that or more.

Edward Hernandez

Jun 24, 2022, 11:53:14 AM6/24/22
John Dope stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 64.9% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at
least 2290 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
1310 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:15:44 GMT in message-id
<AyktK.28351$lHb6....@usenetxs.com>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

mJmnXtX0J4GR

Dean Hoffman

Jun 24, 2022, 12:06:25 PM6/24/22
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 8:58:54 AM UTC-5, T wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-holds-notes-you-enter-roosevelt-room-you-take-your-seat
>
> Completely senile.

I read a commentary sometime ago claiming that Biden is faking his mental problems. The
theory was that people cut slack to those not quite up to par.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 12:37:04 PM6/24/22
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 11:52:22 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <bae26ccc-cf60-439f...@googlegroups.com>,
> comawhit...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > > You would still have to admit we would be better off without Biden.
> >
> > You would still have to admit that Trump is a liar, a cheat and a complete asshole.
> >

> My kind of man. I know where I stand with people like that.
>
> I was over $ 150,000 better off not too long ago under Trump. Hard to
> tell how much lower the IRA and other stocks will go.

The "IRA and other stocks"?

An IRA is an account shell. Stocks are investments. What investments you
hold in the IRA account determines the value.

> Just glad I
> parked a lot in cash just after the election or would have been out
> twice that or more.

You are not "out" anything unless you sell your investments when they are
down. The question is: Do you know when to get back in?

Have you happened to notice that the stock market *always* goes up? The markets
reach all-time-highs after every reversal. Look what happens to investors who are not
in the market when it rebounds.

(This is just one of many studies. The numbers may vary slightly, but the outcome is
basically the same)

https://www.wellsfargo.com/investment-institute/sr-perils-time-volatile-markets

"Our research suggests that missing a handful of the best days over longer time periods
drastically reduces the average annual return an investor could gain by simply holding on
to their equity investments during market sell-offs. Over the past 30 years, missing the
best 30 days (based on S&P 500 Index returns from September 16, 1991 through September
15, 2021) took the annual average return from 8.5% per year down to just above the average
inflation rate of 2.2% over that same period. Our research also showed that over the same
time period, missing the best 40 days took the average annual return to below 1%, and
missing the best 50 days resulted in a -0.3% annual return, on average."

As some folks have been known to say "Time, not timing, is the best way to capitalize
on stock market gains."

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 1:26:07 PM6/24/22
In article <d6b0e5bf-9029-4184...@googlegroups.com>,
comawhit...@gmail.com says...
> The "IRA and other stocks"?
>
> An IRA is an account shell. Stocks are investments. What investments you
> hold in the IRA account determines the value.
>
> > Just glad I
> > parked a lot in cash just after the election or would have been out
> > twice that or more.
>
> You are not "out" anything unless you sell your investments when they are
> down. The question is: Do you know when to get back in?
>
> Have you happened to notice that the stock market *always* goes up? The markets
> reach all-time-highs after every reversal. Look what happens to investors who are not
> in the market when it rebounds.

In the 3 times I have 'timed the market' I have done very well. Should
do as well this time,.If the market drops 30% and I sell at a 10 % drop
and get back in with a 10%rise, I am still ahead by 10 % from just
riding things out.
Like last year I bought and sold one stock that about every few days it
went up and down several dollars. Traded it about every two weeks on
the average. and made a lot.

No, not out unless selling, but just not making as much either, so I
count that as a loss.

Jun 24, 2022, 2:24:07 PM6/24/22
Did you read what was o the notes? No one without
dementia is that stupid.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 2:26:55 PM6/24/22
You are.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 2:27:19 PM6/24/22
OK...I'm confused. You said "Just glad I parked a lot in cash just after the
election or would have been out twice that or more."

That sounds like you have had a lot in cash since November 3-ish, 2020.

Even with what has happened YTD, the S&P is up over 17% since Election
Day 2020. You've had "a lot" parked in cash all that time? If that's true, your
timing isn't so great.

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 2:30:36 PM6/24/22
In article <t94vg1$9p8$1...@dont-email.me>, T...@invalid.invalid says...

> > As much as I dislike Biden, that card is probably just like the program
> > passed out at churches to let everyone know what the schedule is.
> > Probably most in the room had the same card. No big deal.
>
> Did you read what was o the notes? No one without
> dementia is that stupid.

Lots of stupid people around. If there weren't, we would vote in better
people or at least vote many of them out.

Yes, I did read the notes.

Been a long time that I was in a certain church, but the hym book tells
a lot of things to do in order about like the notes.

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 3:13:41 PM6/24/22
In article <7f46edcf-3c45-4f33...@googlegroups.com>,
comawhit...@gmail.com says...

> OK...I'm confused. You said "Just glad I parked a lot in cash just after the
> election or would have been out twice that or more."
>
> That sounds like you have had a lot in cash since November 3-ish, 2020.
>
> Even with what has happened YTD, the S&P is up over 17% since Election
> Day 2020. You've had "a lot" parked in cash all that time? If that's true, your
> timing isn't so great.

I am not sure when I put a lot in cash without looking,maybe sometime
around Dec 2021. However in the 4 mutual funds and a managed account
they are all way down from the time I put a lot in cash. I would have
thought the managed account would have done better but it is way down
from when I moved the funds I manage myself to cash.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 3:49:55 PM6/24/22
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 3:13:41 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <7f46edcf-3c45-4f33...@googlegroups.com>,
> comawhit...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > OK...I'm confused. You said "Just glad I parked a lot in cash just after the
> > election or would have been out twice that or more."
> >
> > That sounds like you have had a lot in cash since November 3-ish, 2020.
> >
> > Even with what has happened YTD, the S&P is up over 17% since Election
> > Day 2020. You've had "a lot" parked in cash all that time? If that's true, your
> > timing isn't so great.
> >

> I am not sure when I put a lot in cash without looking,maybe sometime
> around Dec 2021.

Assuming you were talking about the election in which Biden beat Trump,
December 2021 is not "just after the election". When you are off by a year
with your proclamations, it makes it kind of hard to believe the other things
you are telling us.

Feel free to correct me if I've got that "election" thing wrong.

> However in the 4 mutual funds and a managed account
> they are all way down from the time I put a lot in cash. I would have
> thought the managed account would have done better but it is way down
> from when I moved the funds I manage myself to cash.

I hope the managed funds are doing better than the index for their asset
class. If not, you need to find better managers.

Ralph Mowery

Jun 24, 2022, 6:16:40 PM6/24/22
In article <ed127209-148b-4a50...@googlegroups.com>,
comawhit...@gmail.com says...

> > I am not sure when I put a lot in cash without looking,maybe sometime
> > around Dec 2021.
>
> Assuming you were talking about the election in which Biden beat Trump,
> December 2021 is not "just after the election". When you are off by a year
> with your proclamations, it makes it kind of hard to believe the other things
> you are telling us.
>
> Feel free to correct me if I've got that "election" thing wrong.
>
> > However in the 4 mutual funds and a managed account
> > they are all way down from the time I put a lot in cash. I would have
> > thought the managed account would have done better but it is way down
> > from when I moved the funds I manage myself to cash.
>
> I hope the managed funds are doing better than the index for their asset
> class. If not, you need to find better managers.

When you are over 70 time flies by. I as waiting on the market to drop
around 5 % after the election. Many so called pros have been predicting
a 30 to 50 % drop for a while. It may not reach that low if the
Republicans take control and can overide Biden.

The managed funds are holding their own or slightly better than index
funds. I would have just thought they would do better. One reason
about 1/3 of the IRA is in a managed fund is it gives me access to
someone I have dealt with for many years. Everything was fine before
the Frank-Dobbs act messed things up. He can not legally do for me like
he once could.

Rod Speed

Jun 24, 2022, 6:35:42 PM6/24/22
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 02:06:18 +1000, Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Even sillier than the usual mindless conspiracy theory.

rbowman

Jun 24, 2022, 9:21:35 PM6/24/22
I doubt Putin, Xi, or MBS cut him any slack although they may scratch
their heads trying to figure out how such an incompetent got where he
his. I'm not talking about a possible recent mental decline either; he's
a career mediocrity.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 24, 2022, 9:28:43 PM6/24/22
Describes Trump to a "T".

John Doe

Jun 24, 2022, 10:43:45 PM6/24/22
Eddie, the Astraweb nym-shifting troll is flagging off-topic posts with
its copy of my ID, then replies to its own post. Strange but true.

Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

See also...
Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
Bertrand Sindri <bertrand.sindri yahoo.com> (unlikely but possible)

--
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote:

> From: John Doe <alway...@message.header>
> Newsgroups: alt.home.repair,free.spam
> Subject: OT: meeting notes
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:15:44 GMT

Bob F

Jun 24, 2022, 10:56:40 PM6/24/22
No. They knew if they flattered (brown nosed) trump enough, he would do
anything they wanted. He was as easy as they get.

Edward Hernandez

Jun 24, 2022, 11:13:41 PM6/24/22
John Dope stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 65.7% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at
least 2349 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
1368 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Sat, 25 Jun 2022 02:43:39 -0000 (UTC) in message-id
<t95sor$5kp$1...@dont-email.me>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

ShQJ3yKcA3kt

Rod Speed

Jun 24, 2022, 11:45:50 PM6/24/22
Bullshit. It took some doing to hijack the republican party and end up
as their presidential candidate, let alone get half the american voters
to vote to him.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 25, 2022, 1:18:32 AM6/25/22
Soon after Friday, June 24, 2022 at 11:45:50 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed…

…circled the drain as he was flushed away.

Rod Speed

Jun 25, 2022, 1:46:40 AM6/25/22
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
Marilyn Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com>
spewed the shit that always pours from the back of it.

Trump has managed a hell of a lot more than you have ever managed, fuckwit.

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 4:24:49 AM6/25/22
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 08:35:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around while you talk to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID: <gfkt3m...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 4:25:23 AM6/25/22
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:45:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland addressing senile Rodent's pathological trolling:
"That’s because so much piss and shite emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a Wanker."

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 4:25:50 AM6/25/22
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 15:46:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: <ev1p6ml7ywd5$.d...@sqwertz.com>

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 4:34:26 AM6/25/22
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 19:21:27 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
Oh, the irony, you brainwashed Trumptard! Actually, the entire educated and
decent part of the world keep shaking their heads at how poor bigmouth
Stumpie got to be POTUS! LOL

John Doe

Jun 25, 2022, 5:42:47 AM6/25/22
And I thought he was semi-credible...

Marilyn Manson

Jun 25, 2022, 9:30:10 AM6/25/22
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 1:46:40 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
...flush...

Rod Speed

Jun 25, 2022, 10:42:54 AM6/25/22

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 11:10:02 AM6/25/22
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 00:42:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/

Marilyn Manson

Jun 25, 2022, 11:23:40 AM6/25/22

Rod Speed

Jun 25, 2022, 12:40:27 PM6/25/22

Peeler

Jun 25, 2022, 12:59:27 PM6/25/22
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 02:40:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Tim+ about trolling Rodent Speed:
He is by far the most persistent troll who seems to be able to get under the
skin of folk who really should know better. Since when did arguing with a
troll ever achieve anything (beyond giving the troll pleasure)?
MID: <1421057667.659518815.743...@news.individual.net>

Pthirus Pubis

Jun 25, 2022, 5:30:30 PM6/25/22
On 6/24/2022 3:49:48 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> Assuming you were talking about the election in which Biden beat Trump,
> December 2021 is not "just after the election". When you are off by a year
> with your proclamations, it makes it kind of hard to believe the other things
> you are telling us.
>
> Feel free to correct me if I've got that "election" thing wrong.

At some point I would think even you would be unhappy with the massive damage Biden and his handlers are doing to the US.

Marilyn Manson

Jun 25, 2022, 6:33:25 PM6/25/22
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 5:30:30 PM UTC-4, Pthirus Pubis wrote:
<<< flushed >>>

Rod Speed

Jun 25, 2022, 7:07:09 PM6/25/22

Pthirus Pubis

Jun 25, 2022, 7:17:24 PM6/25/22
On 6/25/2022 6:33:19 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
<<< aborted and flushed >>>

Peeler

Jun 26, 2022, 4:04:54 AM6/26/22
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 09:07:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent: