Re: Help, removing a wall mount TV

The Daring Dufas

Dec 4, 2011, 6:08:50 AM12/4/11
On 12/2/2011 1:42 PM, Joe J wrote:
> Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the
> bedroom as part of the offer to purchase.
>
> I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.
>
> I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
> attach the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type
> cord that drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried
> pulling the release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the
> bottom and lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go.
> No set screws visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.
>
> It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks,

Last month, me and the guys had to mount four 42" flat panel TV/computer
displays in a couple of large retail stores. Two
at each store with one on a CMU wall and the other on a sheet rock
wall. There is a flat horizontal strip with raised edges mounted
to the wall for the bracket on the back on the TV to hook on to.
The set is secured with two finger latches attached to two long
flat pieces of metal that engage the bottom lip of the metal strip
mounted to the wall. If you look behind the set, you will see a
flat metal finger that moves the flat locking plate when you pull
the finger (no pun) down causing the locking plate to disengage from
the wall bracket. You can then lift the TV off the wall bracket. It
looked like the most common design out there and may resemble what
you have.

TDD

Joe J

Dec 5, 2011, 9:44:35 AM12/5/11

I see said the blind man! Yes, there was a second release cord on the other
side but it was wound up around the coax and I didn't see it. My wife
pulled the two cords and I lifted it off the wall. Thanks people!

In between the bullsh*t, this group is a very handy resource!

Joe J

Dec 2, 2011, 2:42:27 PM12/2/11

Thomas

Dec 2, 2011, 2:57:14 PM12/2/11
I have one that has an Allen wrench screw to dismount it. It is on the
round swing left/right part. I have no canvas cord though.

I bet the owners could not figure it out.

N8N

Dec 2, 2011, 2:59:52 PM12/2/11
I have what may be a similar type mount for a much larger TV, there
are two vertical brackets on the back and at the bottom of each there
is a catch that needs to be released so that the bottom may be swung
away from the wall. Then you lift the whole display up and off the
rail near the top of the brackets on which the brackets are hanging.
So I am wondering if maybe there's a second cord hidden somewhere (or
has fallen off?)

Mine is easier because it's not hanging from a wall but a freestanding
stand/console thing, I just pull it away from the wall :P

hope this helps,

nate

DerbyDad03

Dec 2, 2011, 3:05:28 PM12/2/11
On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:
I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about, but my
mount consists of 2 (maybe 3) pieces.

There's a bracket that attaches to the wall and a bracket (maybe 2, as
in a matching pair) that are attached to the TV itself.

Maybe looking at where the TV-side brackets hang on the wall bracket
might give you a clue.

Good luck!

denni...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2011, 4:11:47 PM12/2/11
On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:
Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach
the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway.

tra...@optonline.net

Dec 2, 2011, 5:09:26 PM12/2/11
Like N8N, I have one that has two cords that dangle below
the two vertical mounting brackets. You pull them to release
the catch and pull out slightly on the bottom of the TV. That gives
you room to reach the cables. To remove the TV, you
then lift it up about 1/2", as it basicly hanging on the brackets.
Sounds like you've found one cord, and there
probably is a second one on the other side.

Pin

Dec 2, 2011, 5:42:19 PM12/2/11

<denni...@gmail.com> wrote in message
He can shim the bracket

Pin

Ron

Dec 2, 2011, 6:29:03 PM12/2/11
On Dec 2, 3:05 pm, DerbyDad03 <teamarr...@eznet.net> wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>

> > Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
> > as part of the offer to purchase.
>
> > I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.
>
> > I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
> > the audio cables for the wireless headset.  It has a canvas type cord that
> > drops down and releases a latch on one side.  I have tried pulling the
> > release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
> > lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go.  No set screws
> > visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.
>
> > It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything.  Anybody got any
> > ideas?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/pcimages/products/large/pm.jpg

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2011, 10:13:29 PM12/2/11
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:42:27 -0600, "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
>as part of the offer to purchase.
>
>I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

Rather than strain her eyes, use a pry bar if need be to scrap the
tiny TV and buy a 32" for $300 or less. She will thank you profusely
and you won't want to sleep.

DerbyDad03

Dec 2, 2011, 11:18:34 PM12/2/11
On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:
Check out the Feature video at this site. About 3/4 of the way
through, they show the cord being pulled down and the bottom of the TV
being pulled away from the wall for access to the cables:

http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/products/visionmount/low-profile-mount/LL11

Here's a link directly to the videos in large format:

http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/productdetail/videoPlayer/product_id/20367

DerbyDad03

Dec 2, 2011, 11:18:56 PM12/2/11
Why did you respond to my post with that link?

I'd wager a fair amount that the OP does not have that style of TV or
mount.

Ron

Dec 3, 2011, 1:37:43 AM12/3/11
Because you don't know what it is?

> I'd wager a fair amount that the OP does not have that style of TV or
> mount.

He never mentioned what type of TV that it is. I've seen many CRT TVs
that are wall mounted with a tie down/safety belt.

tra...@optonline.net

Dec 3, 2011, 8:33:36 AM12/3/11
> that are wall mounted with a tie down/safety belt.- Hide quoted text -

No, he didn't mention what kind of TV it was, but it is 2011 and
he did say it's mounted so close to the wall he can't see how it is
attached. That sure isn't the mounting in the pic in your link.
And I'm betting with Derby that it's flat panel.

Joe J

Dec 3, 2011, 8:47:44 AM12/3/11

"DerbyDad03" <teama...@eznet.net> wrote in message
First, it is a flat panel. A 2nd, missing or hidden cord on the other side,
might be the answer to my problem. I'll have to look and report back.

Tony Miklos

Dec 3, 2011, 9:50:51 AM12/3/11
Made me look for the evasive "canvas cord" but the pic was too small.

Steve B

Dec 3, 2011, 1:14:12 PM12/3/11

"Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote in message
Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.

If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.

Steve

DerbyDad03

Dec 3, 2011, 3:20:47 PM12/3/11
Look at the picture you posted and tell me why the OP would be having
these issues:

"I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
attach the audio cables for the wireless headset."

"It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything."

Neither of those would be issues with the type of mount found via the
link you've provided.

Trust me...I know. I have a TV on a very similar mount in my bedroom.

Ron

Dec 3, 2011, 9:28:12 PM12/3/11
The picture was posted to show a "canvas type cord", nothing more.

And JFTR, I have a 13" Toshiba CRT flat screen in my kitchen. It sits
on a counter in a corner, but if I place the TV flat against the wall
you can't get to or see the inputs/outputs. The are almost flush with
the back of the TV.

DerbyDad03

Dec 3, 2011, 11:38:35 PM12/3/11
The picture you linked to showed a canvas type *strap*.

The mount I linked to showed a cord.

Ron

Dec 4, 2011, 1:10:21 AM12/4/11
OK, you win....<rolling eyes>

Nancy

Feb 7, 2016, 10:44:05 PM2/7/16
replying to Steve B, Nancy wrote:
> steveb wrote:
>
> "Joe J" <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
> mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half
an
> inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the
fastener.
> Then it pulls straight out.
> If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
> the fasteners.
> Steve

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

Micky

Feb 7, 2016, 11:01:20 PM2/7/16
First, depending on how old this is, it may be so heavy it requires
two people, two men, to hold it up. I helped a guy mount one of
those, but I don't remember what year it was. More than 6 years ago.
Secondly, does it really take an Allen wrench? A hexagon hole?

If so, there are sets and bigger sets. Once I got a set with 15
sizes, I think I had enough sizes. Also there is metric and
English.

I have no idea if any use Allen wrenches or not.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 8, 2016, 2:03:24 AM2/8/16
On Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:01:17 -0500, Micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:
I have not really looked at that many commercial brackets, mine are
usually home made but usually the ones I see have a spring loaded
catch that holds the TV to the bottom rail and it just hooks over the
top rail. Some have string bobs you pull, others have a little tab you
push. Either way you tilt the bottom out and it is still hanging from
the top if you don't tilt it too far. You can jam a piece of cardboard
between the bottom rail and the clamp so it doesn't lock up while you
walk around front to get a good grip on it. Then just lift it off Be
sure all of the cables are disconnected and out of the way so you
don't get hung up.

Paint...@unlisted.moo

Feb 8, 2016, 5:43:46 AM2/8/16
On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 03:44:01 +0000, Nancy
<caedfaa9ed1216d60e...@example.com> wrote:

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
since around 2009.

DerbyDad03

Feb 8, 2016, 3:56:38 PM2/8/16
You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.

However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.

The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.

DerbyDad03

Feb 8, 2016, 4:05:51 PM2/8/16
Mine does.

The two braces that attach to the TV have "hooks" at the top and bottom.
Once you hang the TV on the mount with the top hooks and swing the bottom
of the TV in, the bottom hooks go under the bottom rail of the mount so that
the TV can't be lifted (or bumped) up (and off) unless you swing the
bottom out.

Then, to prevent the bottom of the TV from swinging out, there are 2 large
Allen head bolts that go through the top of the mount and contact the top of
the braces on the TV. Once those bolts are tightened against the braces, the
top of the TV can't go in, so the bottom can't swing out.

DerbyDad03

Feb 8, 2016, 4:08:13 PM2/8/16
My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the bracket"
so we can see what the issue is.

Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.

Paint...@unlisted.moo

Feb 8, 2016, 7:03:36 PM2/8/16
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:56:32 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
<teama...@eznet.net> wrote:

>> I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
>> since around 2009.
>
>You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.
>
>However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.
>
>The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.

I'm curious, where did you find that date? I looked and did not find it.

However, it seems that all posts from
(Some Name) caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85******@example.com
are replays. Probably from "Homeowners Hub".

I'm not sure what the point is, except to keep usenet alive.

Seems to make little sense to reply to most of them, because there is no
REAL OP.... But a few of them may help someome, I suppose!

DerbyDad03

Feb 8, 2016, 10:02:26 PM2/8/16
On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 7:03:36 PM UTC-5, Paint...@unlisted.moo wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:56:32 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
> <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:
>
> >> I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
> >> since around 2009.
> >
> >You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.
> >
> >However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.
> >
> >The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.
>
> I'm curious, where did you find that date? I looked and did not find it.

Well, I'm a Google Grouper (I can't use a newsreader at work, so GG keeps
my history synced across my work PC, my home PC and my iPad)

Anyway, here's a screen shot of the OP in GG. Note the date in upper
right corner.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/GG_Date_zpscwamhsah.jpg

Ed Pawlowski

Feb 8, 2016, 10:09:14 PM2/8/16
On 2/8/2016 10:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> Well, I'm a Google Grouper (I can't use a newsreader at work, so GG keeps
> my history synced across my work PC, my home PC and my iPad)

How about Thunderbird Portable? I keep it on a USB drive.

Muggles

Feb 8, 2016, 10:33:58 PM2/8/16
You can use Thunderbird as a portable version on a flash drive and take
your groups with you and not have to be confined to using GG.

--
Maggie

Muggles

Feb 8, 2016, 10:34:27 PM2/8/16
haha! I just posted the same thing. I should have read your post first.

--
Maggie

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Feb 8, 2016, 11:54:36 PM2/8/16
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:34:15 -0600, Muggles <cou...@wn2new.years>
wrote:
That works if the USB ports are not blocked by the security settings.

Nancy

Feb 9, 2016, 1:44:05 AM2/9/16
replying to DerbyDad03 , Nancy wrote:
> teamarrows wrote:
>
> My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the
bracket"
> so we can see what the issue is.
> Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.

I appreciate all the responses. However, as I mentioned, I do not have
the tool or key to unlock the bracket. I do not believe it is a hex or
requires an allen wrench. I have a professional TV installer coming to
uninstall current TV and re-install new TV. Hopefully, he will have the
tool needed.

DerbyDad03

Feb 9, 2016, 6:13:32 AM2/9/16
Bingo!

No external media allowed.

I can charge my smartphone via USB but that's about it.

DerbyDad03

Feb 9, 2016, 6:15:43 AM2/9/16
No external media allowed. USB ports disabled except for charging.

Paint...@unlisted.moo

Feb 9, 2016, 7:59:08 AM2/9/16
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 03:13:20 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
<teama...@eznet.net> wrote:

>> >You can use Thunderbird as a portable version on a flash drive and take
>> >your groups with you and not have to be confined to using GG.
>> That works if the USB ports are not blocked by the security settings.
>
>Bingo!
>
>No external media allowed.
>
>I can charge my smartphone via USB but that's about it.

A good hacker could fix that! :)

Ed Pawlowski

Feb 9, 2016, 2:13:33 PM2/9/16
On 2/9/2016 6:13 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> You can use Thunderbird as a portable version on a flash drive and take
>>> your groups with you and not have to be confined to using GG.
>> That works if the USB ports are not blocked by the security settings.
>
> Bingo!
>
> No external media allowed.
>
> I can charge my smartphone via USB but that's about it.

Some commie outfit trying to keep the spies out eh. I'd not last
working for a big corporation.

Paint...@unlisted.moo

Feb 9, 2016, 4:17:10 PM2/9/16
For a brief time I worked at a "temporary job", a company where I had to
use a computer and contact a list of businesses, to make sales of their
products. This was in 2001, and we had Windows 2000. We could access the
web, but they had most popular websites blocked. (for example ebay). I
learned that it was blocked in the HOSTS file. But we could not modify
the settings within Windows. I easily got around that, using the DOS
command line, and within minutes I was able to access any website. So,
while others were sitting there bored (between our actual work), I was
shopping on ebay and looking at humorous pictures. I began saving some
of those pictures too. which would get everyone in the office laughing,
because I found a way to also send those pictures to others on the
intranet (not internet), which was just within our building.

The boss never caught on to this the whole time I was there. Soon this
job (being temporary), came to an end. Before I left, I wanted to clean
up my computer, but wanted to save those pictures. We could not use a
floppy (I tried) in those computers. That was simple enough, I just
emailed all the pictures to my own email address at home. Then I had to
once again go to the command line (Dos) to delete the pictures and
restore the original HOSTS file (which I had backed up). When I left
that job, the computer was the same way I got it.

I was always surprised the techicians who maintained the network never
caught on, however if they did, they probably just looked at those
humorous pics and laughed and never said anything to the management. I
actually think they did know, because one of them was always cracking me
up with jokes and I rarely saw him do that with other employees.

I'm sure its not as easy to tamper with modern operating systems, but
Win2000 was pretty easy to tinker with.

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2016, 7:28:01 PM2/9/16
I am amazed that the people today seem to think the time they get paid
for at work is theirs to dick around on and that they seem empowered
to modify software on a machine they do not own to do it.

DerbyDad03

Feb 9, 2016, 7:31:22 PM2/9/16
Not only would it be really tough to tamper with our OS due to admin rights,
but they refresh the image on a regular basis so even if you could, you
might get to play for a week at best.

Tony Hwang

Feb 9, 2016, 7:36:59 PM2/9/16
What an evolution of thread from how to remove TV from wall mount....
Cheating and dishonesty everywhere. Is it proven computers improved
productivity? Printers decreased the use of paper?

DerbyDad03

Feb 9, 2016, 7:37:17 PM2/9/16
Let's say our systems had lots of your personal/medical/financial data on
them, like maybe a doctor's office or an insurance company (which is not
where I work, those are just examples)

Wouldn't you want us to "keep the spies out" as well as "keep the data in"?

Ed Pawlowski

Feb 9, 2016, 8:54:09 PM2/9/16
I suppose, but I could not work in that sort of environment. I have an
incredible amount of freedom to do as I please. Friends have often
asked why I don't fully retire until I tell them what my typical work
day is.
Arrive at work. Push button to open the door to the heated garage.
Make tea. While brewing, start computer
Drink tea and BS with co-worker
Walk through shop and say "good morning" to everyone.
Read a couple of utility meters used to track efficiency of operation.
Check email
Check personal email
You get the idea. Oil change needed? I'll be back in an hour.

Vic Smith

Feb 9, 2016, 9:04:53 PM2/9/16
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:27:29 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>I am amazed that the people today seem to think the time they get paid
>for at work is theirs to dick around on and that they seem empowered
>to modify software on a machine they do not own to do it.

Not just today. After work or on days off I would often get in
arguments with guys who would be posting from their work.
Usually they were whining about other workers being deadbeats.
I had no problem pointing that out.
Hell, two managers of mine would bump bid each other's stuff they were
selling on eBay.
I worked all day on the computer, and never thought about going on the
net. Anyway, I always had a better computer at home, but the point is
it's a poor work ethic.

DerbyDad03

Feb 9, 2016, 9:43:17 PM2/9/16
An "environment" that ensures that personal data is seriously protected
doesn't preclude "freedom". Other than the "meters" and "personal email"
items, I can do everything else on your list. Heck, I could go days
without even showing up.

If you are picturing me chained to a desk with an whip wielding ogre standing
over me, well, that's not even close. It's our systems that are locked down,
not me. ;-)

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2016, 11:04:01 PM2/9/16
All it takes to make the boss a fanatic about employee use of the
company computer is to have one bozo logging into a Russian porn site
and downloading a ransom trojan that encrypts every file on the
server.
Then it might cost thousands to get your data back or you can reload
all of the machines and see how good your backups are and hope that
trojan wasn't a time bomb that waited a month to fire. (taking out a
month's worth of backups as soon as you load them).

Tony Hwang

Feb 10, 2016, 12:03:23 AM2/10/16
What kinda outfit has such a loose security with their system any how?
Worse than a home network user??? Mind boggling...

gfre...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2016, 1:21:50 AM2/10/16
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 22:02:47 -0700, Tony Hwang <drag...@shaw.ca>
wrote:
When you have people going out of their way to circumvent the security
the employer puts into the system, it is pretty useless.

This particular malware got past several layers of security and the
IT company said someone must have had a screen or two they overrode to
see the site they wanted to see. They may have even turned off the
firewall.
Of course nobody admits to anything but they do know what machine did
it. Unfortunately several people had access to it.
They do know it was there a while before it went off because it was on
a week old backup. The company paid the ransom to the russians

Paint...@unlisted.moo

Feb 10, 2016, 4:08:26 AM2/10/16
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:27:29 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>I am amazed that the people today seem to think the time they get paid
>for at work is theirs to dick around on and that they seem empowered
>to modify software on a machine they do not own to do it.

WOW. Someone please raise a flag, and do it quickly in honor of this
godly being! Apparently we have found the real Mr. Perfect.

Congratulations for being so superior to everyone else.
I hope someone gave you a trophy for being such a goodie - goodie.
I bet you were the teachers pet too, and tattled on all the other kids
when you were in school!

And just so you know, while I was having a little fun on the computer at
work, everyone else was reading some crappy magazines, in between jobs.
I just happen to hate magazines. Never found one I liked!

Mo Phreestuph

Feb 10, 2016, 4:30:30 AM2/10/16
On 02/09/2016 09:03 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
> All it takes to make the boss a fanatic about employee use of the
> company computer is to have one bozo logging into a Russian porn site
> and downloading a ransom trojan that encrypts every file on the
> server.
> Then it might cost thousands to get your data back or you can reload
> all of the machines and see how good your backups are and hope that
> trojan wasn't a time bomb that waited a month to fire. (taking out a
> month's worth of backups as soon as you load them).

Where I work, network traffic is watched like a hawk.
Viewing porn absolutely will get you fired...zero tolerance.

Goodie Goodie, II

Feb 10, 2016, 5:17:03 AM2/10/16
I'd *NEVER* fuck with a corporate computer.
The potential damage to a network of 100,000+ computers is staggering.
Not the kind of attention I want from my boss.

But hey, don't let me stop you. Knock yourself out. Hack away.

Ed Pawlowski

Feb 10, 2016, 10:44:12 AM2/10/16
On 2/10/2016 5:16 AM, Goodie Goodie, II wrote:

> I'd *NEVER* fuck with a corporate computer.
> The potential damage to a network of 100,000+ computers is staggering.
> Not the kind of attention I want from my boss.
>
> But hey, don't let me stop you. Knock yourself out. Hack away.

You do have a point in large organizations. There is bound to be an
idiot or two. I do have a couple of computers restgricte4d to loading
programs though.

I don't see where placing an Amazon order is a problem, but visiting
porn sites "should" be taken care of by common sense, but it is not.

Tekkie®

Feb 10, 2016, 3:28:07 PM2/10/16
gfre...@aol.com posted for all of us...
+1 In the skool system I worked for the teachers would take them home for
months and use their home n/w. They would ave their spouses 'Oh he works
with computers and knows what he's doing'. They wouldn't even bring them in
when they had an in-service and it was required. They would come over and
beg for one to use. Never tell a teacher or administrator no. All clouds
descend upon you. We had one boss that we had to ask for every individual
case whether to re-image it or try to fix it. Then the teacher would stand
there like 'what's taking you so long?' and pouting. It was THEIR
computer...

I will stop my rant here before all nod off.

--
Tekkie

Tekkie®

Feb 10, 2016, 3:30:19 PM2/10/16
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...
Where do I apply? I'm sure they wouldn't have any objection to my walker as
it would increase their disabled employee count.

--
Tekkie

Tekkie®

Feb 10, 2016, 3:33:58 PM2/10/16
Paint...@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...
Your post is outlandish. I'm sure Mr. Fretwell is capable of defending
himself if needed.

OTOH you are a known turd and can't be picked up by a clean end.

--
Tekkie

wmt...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 10:56:03 PM3/9/16
Ok. So how would one go about removing a 55 inch Vizio from the wall when some idiot removed the release straps during installation? I really don't want to destroy the tv in the process.

rodelm...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 9:22:02 AM9/16/16
Can someone help me un install my tv mounted to the wall?im alone so i cant take it out

bob_villa

Sep 16, 2016, 10:19:41 AM9/16/16
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 8:22:02 AM UTC-5, rodelm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can someone help me un install my tv mounted to the wall?im alone so i cant take it out

Sure, what's your address?

Taxed and Spent

Sep 16, 2016, 10:41:43 AM9/16/16
I'll bring the beer.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Sep 16, 2016, 11:19:03 AM9/16/16
On 2/7/2016 7:44 PM, Nancy wrote:

> I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
> bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
> Any suggestions?

Men have the proper tool for servicing a woman properly.

Oren

Sep 16, 2016, 2:02:18 PM9/16/16
I'm at the corner of Wall & Mount Streets. Do I turn left or right?

Taxed and Spent

Sep 16, 2016, 2:31:09 PM9/16/16
This will take place after the big game, right? Everybody show up early
so we can plan the work. Somebody bring the chips, someone else the wings.

DerbyDad03

Sep 16, 2016, 2:48:52 PM9/16/16
On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 10:56:03 PM UTC-5, wmt...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok. So how would one go about removing a 55 inch Vizio from the wall when some idiot removed the release straps during installation? I really don't want to destroy the tv in the process.

The steps shown here will allow you to remove the TV from the wall without
destroying the TV. The beauty of this method is that it can be used from in
front of the TV or from behind it.

http://www.foxpaintingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/work-087.jpg

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 16, 2016, 4:15:51 PM9/16/16
On 9/16/2016 2:31 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>> I'm at the corner of Wall & Mount Streets. Do I turn left or right?
>>

> This will take place after the big game, right? Everybody show up early
> so we can plan the work. Somebody bring the chips, someone else the wings.

I only have right wings. That OK?

Oren

Sep 16, 2016, 4:29:00 PM9/16/16
Birds with one wing fly in a circle.

Tekkie®

Sep 16, 2016, 4:42:11 PM9/16/16
rodelm...@gmail.com posted for all of us...

> Can someone help me un install my tv mounted to the wall?im alone so i cant take it out

If you are female post a picture of YOU. Then link to it here.

If you are male then detail the menu of tasty treats and refreshing
beverages so we can make plans. Lobster is a favorite of mine.

--
Tekkie

Taxed and Spent

Sep 16, 2016, 4:50:00 PM9/16/16
They are the best. Left wings are too nutty.

DerbyDad03

Sep 16, 2016, 6:24:21 PM9/16/16
This thread is circling the drain. <--- a.h.r relate

Tekkie®

Sep 17, 2016, 3:33:06 PM9/17/16
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

> The steps shown here will allow you to remove the TV from the wall without
> destroying the TV. The beauty of this method is that it can be used from in
> front of the TV or from behind it.
>
> http://www.foxpaintingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/work-087.jpg

Good answer. This is the universal method when these type of pesky problems
arise. It is certainly better than using a hydraulic jack in terms of
leaving a cleaner aperture. If we knew what model number of the mount and TV
we could present a more definitive answer. Does the OP check back? Hello,
hello, we need more details.

--
Tekkie

Uncle Monster

Sep 17, 2016, 4:04:44 PM9/17/16
My fraking wings are broken and I can't perch so where does that leave me. I could be like a Democrat and have someone else vote for me. If I move to Chicago I could vote after I'm dead. ¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Flapping Monster

Muggles

Sep 18, 2016, 2:50:21 PM9/18/16
On 9/16/2016 1:31 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> This will take place after the big game, right? Everybody show up early
> so we can plan the work. Somebody bring the chips, someone else the wings.

Which big game? College or pro?

--
Maggie

Taxed and Spent

Sep 18, 2016, 2:56:47 PM9/18/16
your call - you bring the cold cuts.

Muggles

Sep 18, 2016, 3:25:03 PM9/18/16
OK, but you have to root for the Crimson Tide!

--
Maggie

Taxed and Spent

Sep 18, 2016, 4:20:57 PM9/18/16
I don't watch sports. Don't forget the cold cuts.

Muggles

Sep 18, 2016, 5:16:08 PM9/18/16
{adding cold cuts to the grocery list}

--
Maggie

Wade Garrett

Sep 18, 2016, 6:30:08 PM9/18/16
Yeah, I've joined @RealJamesWoods in his boycott of the NFL until
they make those overpaid players all frickin' stand up for the National
Anthem, preferably with their hand over their heart

--
Calling Illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling heroin
dealers undocumented pharmacists; thieves undocumented

Muggles

Sep 18, 2016, 7:20:48 PM9/18/16
On 9/18/2016 5:30 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 9/18/16 2:50 PM, Muggles wrote:
>> On 9/16/2016 1:31 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
>>

>>> This will take place after the big game, right? Everybody show up early
>>> so we can plan the work. Somebody bring the chips, someone else the
>>> wings.
>>
>> Which big game? College or pro?
>>

> Yeah, I've joined @RealJamesWoods in his boycott of the NFL until
> they make those overpaid players all frickin' stand up for the National
> Anthem, preferably with their hand over their heart

Alright! I don't watch any pro football. Just Alabama games. Roll
Tide! Their last game was a nail biter!

--
Maggie

thom...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2017, 4:53:06 PM9/24/17
I was trying to unmount my TV from the wall,tv mount is like a bracket type only I can move to right or left. I can’t find any screws that I can loosen, It is a lcd Sony Bravia TV. Please help. Thomas.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Sep 24, 2017, 5:30:04 PM9/24/17
Perhaps the wall-mount-bracket has a "quick release"
- then - once the bracket + TV is removed from the wall-anchored
piece - you can un-screw the TV from the bracket. ?
or not.
John T.

Dan Espen

Sep 24, 2017, 7:20:26 PM9/24/17
I've got a Sony bracket for an XBR.
Just lift the TV.

--
Dan Espen

Dean Hoffman

Sep 24, 2017, 7:58:13 PM9/24/17
Which brings to mind a trick I saw on Salvage Dogs to mount a long
object on a wall.
Take a 2x4 the length of the object. Cut it lengthwise at an angle
over its entire length. The two pieces together will make a cleat to
hold the object on the wall.