OT Bad day at Black Rock

micky

Sep 22, 2022, 12:35:53 AMSep 22
OT Bad day at Black Rock

Okay, nothing to do with Black Rock. Bad day for Stumpie.

Him and 3 of his kids** sued by NYS for 250 million. 200 examples of
fraudulent claims.

And then tonight, appeals court stays the part of Cannon's order which
the government had appealed, and in tactful terms, ridiculed what she
had written.

https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638/published/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638.pdf

Then trump goes on Fox for an hour and I only heard a little bit,
replaced on MSNBC, but in it, the Fox interviewer says, Is there a
process to declassify a document. And stumpie says, "There can be, but
it's not necessary. As President, all I have to do is say it's
declassified. In fact, I only have to think it. [I laughed outloud
at this. I heard it from his own voice].

And of course th appeals court already addressed this, similar to what I
had told a friend... Even assuming he had declassified some or all of
it, that does not change the content of the documents and it doens't
give trump a personal interest in them. (IOW, he has no right to them.)

**Apparently Tiffany is off the hook. Baron too.

And btw, the appeals court gave this ruling one day after the appeal was
filed. They apparently know this is important and time is of the
essence. 3-judge panel, including 2 Republicans, both of who appointed
by trump.

And they even made reference to what the special master Dearie said in
the 45-minute session at 2PM ET yesterday, which means they pay
attention to other courts.

And Dearie wasn't very friendly to trump either. Trumps attorney said
they were't ready to say what docments might be declassified, or
something like that, and Dearie said "And yet you brought suit".

Scott Lurndal

Sep 22, 2022, 10:14:47 AMSep 22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>OT Bad day at Black Rock
>
>Okay, nothing to do with Black Rock. Bad day for Stumpie.
>
>Him and 3 of his kids** sued by NYS for 250 million. 200 examples of
>fraudulent claims.
>
>And then tonight, appeals court stays the part of Cannon's order which
>the government had appealed, and in tactful terms, ridiculed what she
>had written.
>
>https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638/published/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638.pdf

"Here, the district court (ed. Cannon) concluded that Plaintiff (ed. Trump),
did not show that the United States acted in callous disregard of his
constitutional rights. (...) The absence of this "indispensab[le]"
factor in the Richey analysis is reason enough to conclude that the
district court abused its discretion in exercising equitable jurisdiction
here."

In other words, Judge Cannon didn't even have the jurisdiction to
make her order. Expect her entire order to be overruled when the
full appeal is heard.

micky

Sep 22, 2022, 3:20:09 PMSep 22
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:14:40 GMT,
sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

>micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>>OT Bad day at Black Rock
>>
>>Okay, nothing to do with Black Rock. Bad day for Stumpie.
>>
>>Him and 3 of his kids** sued by NYS for 250 million. 200 examples of
>>fraudulent claims.
>>
>>And then tonight, appeals court stays the part of Cannon's order which
>>the government had appealed, and in tactful terms, ridiculed what she
>>had written.
>>
>>https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638/published/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638.pdf
>>

> "Here, the district court (ed. Cannon) concluded that Plaintiff (ed. Trump),
> did not show that the United States acted in callous disregard of his
> constitutional rights. (...) The absence of this "indispensab[le]"
> factor in the Richey analysis is reason enough to conclude that the
> district court abused its discretion in exercising equitable jurisdiction
> here."

Were you able to copy and paste out of this pdf file? I couldn't
highlight anything. (Or I might have included excerpts. I like the
one you picked.)

If you could highlight, what browser do you use? Or were you able to
turn off some protection the file/page has? If I'd downloaded it,
would I be able to highlight then?

One thing I find interesting is how clear, how easy to read and
understand the motions and rulings have been. (The text, that is. You
just have to learn to ignore the citations. When I was sojourning in
law school, they were such a distraction I had trouble reading more than
three or four pages of a decision. Finally I learned to ignore the
citations and then I found I was ignoring other things even in non-legal
writing.

>In other words, Judge Cannon didn't even have the jurisdiction to
>make her order. Expect her entire order to be overruled when the
>full appeal is heard.

So is a full appeal coming? I lost track. It would make sense that you
can appeal a part where time is more important first and other parts
later, but procedure is a big enough topic to have a course of its own
in law school.

But yeah, your right. Almost everything they said that explained why
what Cannon said did not apply to the 100 pages of classified documents
applied just as much to the other documents too. If it didn't appply,
it's because it was not applicable, not because the docs are not
classified.

It was interesting that in addtion to the 11,000 documents there were
1500 other things!!!

I wonder what Cannon thinks she did. Did she know she was bending too
far over backwards, or did she think she was bending the right amount,
or was she blinded by his majesty and thought she wasn't beding at all?
Was she looking for a promotion to appeals court and supreme court like
a couple cynics at MSNBC thought?

(BTW, I'm not recommending MSNBC. I have problems with MSNBC mostly**
unrelated to trump coverage, but I compromise and listen to it anyway,
sort of like I eat more cookies than I should. **Sometimes they make
vague or maybe less vague references to conclusions they seem to have
drawn which seem insufficiently supported by the facts, but I haven't
noticed them come right out and say something that is false, or reach a
conclusion that doesn't have some possible support by the facts.

They also have enormous number of commericals. I'd guess it's 20
minutes an hour, maybe more, and the same ones over and over and over
and over and over. YOu can pay $15 a month or so for prime but that has
its own problem. During most conmericals, instead they replay something
that happened earlier in the day. They stop that in the middle of a
sentence, in the middle of a word and jump back to live. it's
disconcerting for both reasons. Also they say every time they go back
or forward again that it's "commerical-free tune-in prime" which I
consider a commercial for tune-in. The contradiction, almost
hypocrisy, also annoys me.

Scott Lurndal

Sep 22, 2022, 3:51:49 PMSep 22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:14:40 GMT,
>sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
>
>>micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>>>OT Bad day at Black Rock
>>>
>>>Okay, nothing to do with Black Rock. Bad day for Stumpie.
>>>
>>>Him and 3 of his kids** sued by NYS for 250 million. 200 examples of
>>>fraudulent claims.
>>>
>>>And then tonight, appeals court stays the part of Cannon's order which
>>>the government had appealed, and in tactful terms, ridiculed what she
>>>had written.
>>>
>>>https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638/published/dd14f429-6a6e-47a1-9059-6190db2df638.pdf
>>>

>> "Here, the district court (ed. Cannon) concluded that Plaintiff (ed. Trump),
>> did not show that the United States acted in callous disregard of his
>> constitutional rights. (...) The absence of this "indispensab[le]"
>> factor in the Richey analysis is reason enough to conclude that the
>> district court abused its discretion in exercising equitable jurisdiction
>> here."
>
>Were you able to copy and paste out of this pdf file?

No, I was not. The document appears to be a scan (tiff) rather
than work processor or OCR output, so there's no text there to copy.

Scott Lurndal

Sep 22, 2022, 3:55:37 PMSep 22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:14:40 GMT,
>sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
>

>>In other words, Judge Cannon didn't even have the jurisdiction to
>>make her order. Expect her entire order to be overruled when the
>>full appeal is heard.
>
>So is a full appeal coming?

I believe it had already been filed, independent of the
extant appeal which was narrow in scope (i.e. classified
documents only).

>I lost track. It would make sense that you
>can appeal a part where time is more important first and other parts
>later, but procedure is a big enough topic to have a course of its own
>in law school.

Indeed.

>I wonder what Cannon thinks she did.

Judge Cannon should have recused herself from the start due to conflict
of interest. By not doing so, the judge has damaged her credibility
rather permanently.

Bob F

Sep 22, 2022, 10:52:07 PMSep 22
Time for disbarment?

Jim Joyce

Oct 5, 2022, 6:49:34 PMOct 5
On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:19:59 -0400, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>(BTW, I'm not recommending MSNBC. I have problems with MSNBC mostly**
>unrelated to trump coverage, but I compromise and listen to it anyway,
>sort of like I eat more cookies than I should.
>They also have enormous number of commericals. I'd guess it's 20
>minutes an hour, maybe more, and the same ones over and over and over
>and over and over.

I always FF through the commercials, regardless of the channel. Would
that work for you?

In case it's not obvious, I almost never watch 'live' TV. If I want to
see something, I DVR it, do something else for a while, then play it
from the DVR, sometimes while it's still in progress.

That works for news/opinion shows, sporting events, you name it.

Marilyn Manson

Oct 5, 2022, 11:09:34 PMOct 5
For SWMBO and I the DVR works for most things but not when it comes to
sporting events.

The closest of my 4 adult kids is a 2.5 hour drive away, then it's 11, 24 and 35.
We celebrate touchdowns the second after they happen - via text. We text about
plays, injuries, stupid broadcaster comments, etc. The same stuff we talked
about while they were growing up and watching the games at home.

I do the same thing with a few co-workers, except sometimes we're cheering
for different teams.

My family often watches other events "together" via text. We can't have real-time
conversations if we've DVR'd the event. It's bad enough when one of them is streaming
the event because it's not on locally. The streams are almost always 10 or so seconds
behind the live broadcast. The rest of us have to hold our tongues lest we give away
the result of a play before the "streamer" has seen it.

We may be 1000's of miles apart, but we can still enjoy family time just like when they
were home.