OT: New time zones?

Commander Kinsey

Sep 1, 2022, 12:07:15 AMSep 1
My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country has changed and why?

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 2:42:21 AMSep 1
On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 05:07:05 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven Wanker","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

<FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
attention-baiting sick bullshit unread again>

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his shit is so grand he has the right to

--
damdu...@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL)
trolling:

alan_m

Sep 1, 2022, 2:51:10 AMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 05:07, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> My phone just informed me of an update to time zones.  So which country
> has changed and why?

England and Scotland. Scotland has decided to have a different daylight
saving time to that in England. It also means that in England the clocks
may be shifted by two hours for British Summer Time, although that may
be called something different now.

Rod Speed

Sep 1, 2022, 3:03:23 AMSep 1
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Commander Kinsey wrote

>> My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country
>> has changed and why?

> England and Scotland. Scotland has decided to havea different daylight
> saving time to that in England.

Quite right too, can't have more time for animals
like Jimbo to be able shag the haggises.

Not a problem for you poms...

> It also means that in England the clocks may be shifted by two hours for
> British Summer Time, although that may be called something different now.

It will now be called Summer McSummerTimeFace.

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 1, 2022, 3:08:29 AMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 07:51, alan_m wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 05:07, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> My phone just informed me of an update to time zones.  So which
>> country has changed and why?
>
> England and Scotland. Scotland has decided to have a different daylight
> saving time to that in England. It also means that in England the clocks
> may be shifted by two hours for British Summer Time, although that may
> be called something different now.

first I have heard

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 3:12:57 AMSep 1
On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 17:03:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID: <g4t0jt...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 3:14:23 AMSep 1
On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 07:51:03 +0100, anal_m, the notorious troll-feeding
senile retard, blathered again:

> England and Scotland. Scotland has decided to have a different daylight
> saving time to that in England. It also means that in England the clocks
> may be shifted by two hours for British Summer Time, although that may
> be called something different now.

I still call you a sick troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE, senile anal_m! <BG>

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 1, 2022, 3:36:00 AMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 08:03, Rod Speed wrote:
> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>> Commander Kinsey wrote
>
>>> My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which
>>> country  has changed and why?
>
>> England and Scotland. Scotland has decided to havea different
>> daylight  saving time to that in England.
>
> Quite right too, can't have more time for animals
> like Jimbo to be able shag the haggises.

I got consent first I told you....

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 1, 2022, 3:36:19 AMSep 1
your talking bollox

Brian Gaff

Sep 1, 2022, 5:01:16 AMSep 1
Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
makes work for the admin to do after all.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Sep 1, 2022, 5:02:43 AMSep 1
I don't think this has actually been accepted yet. Why we change at all and
don't just adjust start and end times for things as required has always
eluded me.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message

alan_m

Sep 1, 2022, 5:36:09 AMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
> it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
> makes work for the admin to do after all.
> Brian

The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
school safer.

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 6:19:42 AMSep 1
On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:01:04 +0100, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

> Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
> it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
> makes work for the admin to do after all.
> Brainless & Daft

Yep, YOU sick endlessly bullshitting disgusting blind mole had to open your
stupid troll-feeding big gob again, you pity-arousing, TV-watching,
deceptive "blind user"! <BG>

Jim Stewart ...

Sep 1, 2022, 7:47:56 AMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 10:36, alan_m wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking
>> about
>> it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others.
>> It all
>> makes work for the admin to do after all.
>>   Brian
>>

> The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
> morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
> light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
> school safer.

very true very true

charles

Sep 1, 2022, 12:49:57 PMSep 1
In article <jnbco2...@mid.individual.net>,
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
> > Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
> > it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
> > makes work for the admin to do after all.
> > Brian
> >

> The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
> morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
> light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
> school safer.

As a student I became a Christamas postie. It was still dark at 9am in
Edinburgh.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té

S Viemeister

Sep 1, 2022, 1:42:14 PMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 17:38, charles wrote:
> In article <jnbco2...@mid.individual.net>,
> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
>>> it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
>>> makes work for the admin to do after all.
>>> Brian
>>>

>> The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
>> morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
>> light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
>> school safer.
>
> As a student I became a Christamas postie. It was still dark at 9am in
> Edinburgh.

Even worse, up on the north coast.

Cursitor Doom

Sep 1, 2022, 2:06:57 PMSep 1
On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:36:02 +0100, alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking about
>> it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others. It all
>> makes work for the admin to do after all.
>> Brian
>>

>The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
>morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
>light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
>school safer.

In that case the parents are not doing much of a job at parenting. Why
aren't these kids being offered speed or coke before setting off for
school to counteract their hangovers?

Rod Speed

Sep 1, 2022, 2:09:31 PMSep 1
On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 02:38:41 +1000, charles <cha...@candehope.me.uk>
wrote:

> In article <jnbco2...@mid.individual.net>,
> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> > Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking
>> about
>> > it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be others.
>> It all
>> > makes work for the admin to do after all.
>> > Brian
>> >

>> The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
>> morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
>> light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
>> school safer.
>
> As a student I became a Christamas postie. It was still dark at 9am in
> Edinburgh.

But what is being discussed is SUMMER TIME, stupid.

charles

Sep 1, 2022, 3:22:11 PMSep 1
In article <op.1rtwp...@pvr2.lan>,
Yes, but there are serious proposals to adopt "Summer Time" for the whole
UK - ALL THE TIME. Then Scotland would opt out for the reason I mentioned.

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 3:47:05 PMSep 1
On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 04:09:22 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

micky

Sep 1, 2022, 4:42:27 PMSep 1
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 05:07:05 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote:

>My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country has changed and why?

I got a beep and a one line message at the top of the screen about time
zones, I think, but evn though it was only one line, I coudln't read t
he whole thing.

How do I find what they just sent me, in Android? There's nothing in
Texts.

I live in Baltimore and there is no way they are changing my time zone.
I'm too frar from the Central Time Zone, although maybe I'm close to the
Atlantic Time Zone and I can have the same daily schedule as the fishes.

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 5:03:08 PMSep 1
On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:42:17 -0400, micky mouse, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, blathered again:

> I got a beep

Yeah, the one you can hear inside your sick head all the time, you idiotic
troll-feeding senile moron!

Commander Kinsey

Sep 1, 2022, 5:04:58 PMSep 1
Indeed, even if they think time needs to be adjusted for more light hours at the right end of the day, just adjust it for winter and leave it there. there's plenty of light in sumer!

Commander Kinsey

Sep 1, 2022, 5:05:46 PMSep 1
Mine just said time zones updated please reboot. I'm in Scotland. i haven't rebooted, i see no urgent need.

Kron

Sep 1, 2022, 5:59:28 PMSep 1
On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 07:04:51 +1000, Commander Kinsey <C...@nospam.com>
wrote:

> Indeed, even if they think time needs to be adjusted for more light
> hours at the right end of the day, just adjust it for winter and leave
> it there. there's plenty of light in sumer!

Not for those that work and who aren't dole bludgers like you.

Carlos E.R.

Sep 1, 2022, 6:10:07 PMSep 1
Considering that Android is based in Linux, I can give you information
based on how Linux does this.

The information for all timezones (not only the one you live at) resides
in directory /usr/share/zoneinfo, and this "database" got an update in
March 2022 (I know that from doing "rpm -qi timezone" in my computer). See:

http://www.iana.org/time-zones

The changes were explained here:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announce/2022-March/000070.html

I see another two updates listed in August, so 2022b and 2022c.

Notice that you get updates to this database even if you don't live in
an affected area.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Commander Kinsey

Sep 1, 2022, 6:18:35 PMSep 1
Ahh, more complicated than I thought. if only governments would leave time as is. Somebody ought to add up all the man hours required throughout the world to cater for daylight savings time.

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 6:30:12 PMSep 1
On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 07:59:18 +1000, Kron, better known as cantankerous

<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish wanker and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse shit doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky shit, but then why does vegetarian human shit stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow shit stinks too."

Peeler

Sep 1, 2022, 6:37:29 PMSep 1
On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 00:09:02 +0200, Carlos E.R., yet another troll-feeding
senile ASSHOLE, blathered:

> Considering that Android is based in Linux, I can give you information
> based on how Linux does this.

Rather consider that you are feeding a PROVEN clinically insane and
attention-starved troll, troll-feeding senile IDIOT!

--
damdu...@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL)
trolling:
"He is a well known attention seeking troll and every reply you
make feeds him.
Starts many threads most of which die quick as on the UK groups anyone
with sense Kill filed him ages ago which is why he now cross posts to
the US groups for a new audience.
This thread was unusual in that it derived and continued without him
to a large extent and his silly questioning is an attempt to get
noticed again."
MID: <be195d5jh0hktj054...@4ax.com>

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his shit is so grand he has the right to
try to force it on everyone
MID: <slrnq16c27....@jaka.local>

AK

Sep 1, 2022, 7:19:23 PMSep 1
On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 1:42:21 AM UTC-5, Peeler wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 05:07:05 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
> "James Wilkinson", "Steven Wanker","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
> the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
> blathered again:
>
> <FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
> attention-baiting sick bullshit unread again>
>

> --
> Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
> "Typical narcissist troll, thinks his shit is so grand he has the right to
> try to force it on everyone
> MID: <slrnq16c27....@jaka.local>
>
> --
> damdu...@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL)
> trolling:
> "He is a well known attention seeking troll and every reply you
> make feeds him.
> Starts many threads most of which die quick as on the UK groups anyone
> with sense Kill filed him ages ago which is why he now cross posts to
> the US groups for a new audience.
> This thread was unusual in that it derived and continued without him
> to a large extent and his silly questioning is an attempt to get
> noticed again."
> MID: <be195d5jh0hktj054...@4ax.com>

Dear Peeler,

I think an interdiction for your constant cussing is in order.

Start slow and easy.

Pick one day of the week where you will post no curse words in any of your posts.

If you have to post an empty message, so be it.

williamwright

Sep 1, 2022, 9:35:46 PMSep 1
On 01/09/2022 22:04, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> Indeed, even if they think time needs to be adjusted for more light
> hours at the right end of the day, just adjust it for winter and leave
> it there.  there's plenty of light in sumer!

It would be a good idea to set the clocks different so the solar panels
could work better.

Bill

Commander Kinsey

Sep 1, 2022, 10:01:51 PMSep 1
The treehuggers would actually believe that.

Mind you, with increasing electricity prices, solar panels might one day actually be worth buying.

Chris in Makati

Sep 1, 2022, 10:56:42 PMSep 1
On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:42:17 -0400, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 05:07:05 +0100, "Commander
>Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country has changed and why?
>
>I got a beep and a one line message at the top of the screen about time
>zones, I think, but evn though it was only one line, I coudln't read t
>he whole thing.
>
>How do I find what they just sent me, in Android? There's nothing in
>Texts.

The update was probably due to Chile announcing that they're changing
the date of their daylight saving time.

It normally happens on the first Sunday in September, but this year
they're delaying it by one week. It will now take effect from Sunday
September 11 2022 instead of the previous Sunday, September 4.

jon

Sep 2, 2022, 12:15:31 AMSep 2
On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 17:38:41 +0100, charles wrote:

> In article <jnbco2...@mid.individual.net>,
> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 01/09/2022 10:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> > Some of the US were going to change, and some of Canada were talking
>> > about it. Not sure of the reasons though. There could of course be
>> > others. It all makes work for the admin to do after all.
>> > Brian
>> >

>> The argument in Scotland is that school kids are still pissed in the
>> morning due to their alcohol intake in the previous evening and having
>> light mornings rather than light evenings will make their travel to
>> school safer.
>
> As a student I became a Christamas postie. It was still dark at 9am in
> Edinburgh.

My car clock is still on GMT.

rbowman

Sep 2, 2022, 12:17:34 AMSep 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana#Time_zone_division_of_Indiana

I lived in Ft Wayne IN in the '80s. If you asked someone what time it
was, they would answer '20 after' and leave you to figure out what hour
you wanted to use. It was so bad the welcome center on the interstate
had a three page flyer trying to explain time in Indiana.

I was in a diner in Virginia in the '60s when they didn't observe DST. I
asked the crusty old waitress about it and she answered 'We keep God's
time in Virginia!'

I didn't know God had a Rollex set to Virginia time but whatever.

Joerg Lorenz

Sep 2, 2022, 2:14:47 AMSep 2
Am 02.09.22 um 00:09 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2022-09-01 23:05, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> Mine just said time zones updated please reboot.  I'm in Scotland.  i
>> haven't rebooted, i see no urgent need.
>
> Considering that Android is based in Linux, I can give you information
> based on how Linux does this.

This is an Android group. Mentioning a real Linux is completely OT and
redundant. Dump your stuff there. Only the Kernel is based on Linux. The
whole rest is proprietary crap from Google.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Commander Kinsey

Sep 2, 2022, 2:35:00 AMSep 2
So, you defending the android group.....

You hate linux and prefer the proprietary crap?

Andy Burns

Sep 2, 2022, 2:37:24 AMSep 2
micky wrote:

> Commander Kinsey wrote:
>
>> My phone just informed me of an update to time zones. So which country has changed and why?
>
> I got a beep and a one line message at the top of the screen about time
> zones

probably the phone has updated itself to the 2022c timezone database

<https://www.iana.org/time-zones>

recent changes

Chile's 2022 DST start is delayed from September 4 to September 11.

Iran plans to stop observing DST permanently, after it falls back

Joerg Lorenz

Sep 2, 2022, 2:46:39 AMSep 2
Am 02.09.22 um 08:34 schrieb Commander Kinsey:
Check my header, dear.

Peeler

Sep 2, 2022, 3:22:38 AMSep 2
On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:19:19 -0700 (PDT), AK, another laughable senile
troll-lover, blathered:
Another blathering senile idiot. LOL

Peeler

Sep 2, 2022, 3:23:52 AMSep 2
On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 02:35:38 +0100, williamwright, another brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

> It would be a good idea to set the clocks different so the solar panels
> could work better.
>
> Bill

It would even be a better idea if you stopped feeding the trolls, senile
twit!

Peeler

Sep 2, 2022, 3:25:39 AMSep 2
On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 22:17:22 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> I lived in Ft Wayne IN in the '80s.

Oh, fuck! The idiotic senile blather starts again...

--
More of the senile gossip's absolutely idiotic senile blather:
"I stopped for breakfast at a diner in Virginia when the state didn't do

I also lived in Ft. Wayne for a while."

MID: <t0tjfa$6r5$1...@dont-email.me>

charles

Sep 2, 2022, 3:49:54 AMSep 2
In article <tes00s$2elgh$1...@dont-email.me>,
SWMBO's car clock lives on BST. Mine changes by itself.

alan_m

Sep 2, 2022, 5:41:10 AMSep 2
On 01/09/2022 22:59, Kron wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 07:04:51 +1000, Commander Kinsey <C...@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Indeed, even if they think time needs to be adjusted for more light
>> hours at the right end of the day, just adjust it for winter and leave
>> it there.  there's plenty of light in sumer!
>
> Not for those that work and who aren't dole bludgers like you.

+1
Harvest time near a farm where I was staying recently the machinery was
out and working at 5am and still working with vehicle lights on at 11pm.

alan_m

Sep 2, 2022, 6:53:05 AMSep 2
On 02/09/2022 08:31, charles wrote:

> SWMBO's car clock lives on BST. Mine changes by itself.

My car has a menu option to automatically adjust for BST but no matter
which way its set it just ignores it :)

williamwright

Sep 2, 2022, 12:03:30 PMSep 2
On 02/09/2022 08:31, charles wrote:

>> My car clock is still on GMT.
>
> SWMBO's car clock lives on BST. Mine changes by itself.

Car clock? What's that?

Bill

Rod Speed

Sep 2, 2022, 12:04:51 PMSep 2
On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 19:41:02 +1000, alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/09/2022 22:59, Kron wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 07:04:51 +1000, Commander Kinsey <C...@nospam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed, even if they think time needs to be adjusted for more light
>>> hours at the right end of the day, just adjust it for winter and leave
>>> it there. there's plenty of light in sumer!
>> Not for those that work and who aren't dole bludgers like you.
>
> +1
> Harvest time near a farm where I was staying recently the machinery was
> out and working at 5am and still working with vehicle lights on at 11pm.

And even for the average wage slave, much more time for a barby etc.

Rod Speed

Sep 2, 2022, 12:21:55 PMSep 2
williamwright <wrights...@f2s.com> wrote
> charles wrote

>>> My car clock is still on GMT.

>> SWMBO's car clock lives on BST. Mine changes by itself.

> Car clock? What's that?

Something you dinosaurs dont get.

Peeler

Sep 2, 2022, 12:32:47 PMSep 2
On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 02:04:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Anonymous" to trolling senile Rodent Speed:
"You can fuck off as you know less than pig shit you sad
little ignorant cunt."
MID: <62dcaae57b421e2b...@haph.org>

Peeler

Sep 2, 2022, 12:33:28 PMSep 2
On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 02:21:45 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"Shit you're thick/pathetic excuse for a troll."
MID: <ogoa38$pul$1...@news.mixmin.net>

Commander Kinsey

Sep 2, 2022, 12:40:46 PMSep 2