15 kids run over every day

Ed P

Feb 21, 2024, 10:27:27 AMFeb 21
Rear view cameras were made mandatory but seems many are still driving
over kids in the front

https://jalopnik.com/u-s-drivers-run-over-15-children-every-day-in-parking-1851270277

micky

Feb 21, 2024, 11:46:09 AMFeb 21
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:27:20 -0500, Ed P
Wow.

I don't have a long hood or a high car, and I've never driven over a
child, afaik, but in the past 6 years I have hit something twice.
a) I hit some sort of 2 foot cement/steel post and dented the part
underneath the bumper. I had seen it when I drove up, but then I paused
for a couple minutes to decide what to do next and forgot it was there.
The plastic part popped out, so there was only the slightest damage.

b) I hit a big rock or something, just a year ago. In that case, I had
looked at the whole area when I arrived, at a little circular road,
didn't see any obstacles, and I thought I stayed on the narrow round
road, to turn around, but I hit it and dented it, 6" wide, 2" deep. Also
plastic, also under the bumper, but at the end where I can't get inside
to push it out. I just found the location on satellite view but I
can't see the rock. ;-(

I'd better try harder and not hit any children. And I don't have a
backup camera either. At least when I'm home, even when we had little
children here, never saw one playing in the parking lot.

Scott Lurndal

Feb 21, 2024, 12:02:47 PMFeb 21
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:27:20 -0500, Ed P
><e...@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>>Rear view cameras were made mandatory but seems many are still driving
>>over kids in the front
>>
>>https://jalopnik.com/u-s-drivers-run-over-15-children-every-day-in-parking-1851270277
>
>Wow.

Just for context, there are 10,000 children born every day in the united states.