Reverse Osmosis System Gurgling

a12vman

Aug 19, 2007, 7:43:14 AM8/19/07
I just replaced both filters and the Membrane in my GE Reverse Osmosis Water
System(GXRV10ABL01), but I am still getting a lot of gurgling everytime it
has to produce more water. I looked thru the manual and didn't see anything
else that needed to be cleaned or replaced. Any suggestions on what to look
for? No issues with the water quality, the gurgling noise is a bit
annoying.

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Jim Rusling

Aug 19, 2007, 10:20:01 AM8/19/07
"a12vman" <a12...@hotmail.com> wrote:

You probably have air trapped in one or more of the filters. You can
try and tilt the system while it is producing water and see if you can
get all the air out.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired

justa...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2007, 10:21:57 AM8/19/07

If you're talking about more "gurgling" noise out of the RO drain
line, did you replace the membrane with the same GPH rating? If you
had say, a 10gph membrane and replaced it with a 25gph then the
membrane would flow a lot more more water and the noise from the
increased flow out the RO drain line would be noticably louder.

When you replaced the membrane did you also replace the flow control?
They can clog and dramatically shorten the life of the membrane.

>From the GE manual:

Flow Control-The flow control regulates the flow of water through the
Reverse Osmosis cartridge at the required rate to produce high quality
water. The control is located in the Reverse Osmosis housing drain
port. A small, coneshaped screen fits over the front end of the flow
control to prevent clogging due to sediments in drain water. The flow
control should be replaced each time the Reverse Osmosis membrane is
changed".

Have you tested your RO water with a TDS meter to make sure it is
working properly?.

a12vman

Aug 19, 2007, 1:00:55 PM8/19/07
No the filter is an exact replacement of original.

Flow Control. Holy smokes, that part is $21.50 and the screen is another
$3.25; are there any good websites that stock these parts other than
geparts.com?

<justa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

justa...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2007, 2:12:29 PM8/19/07
On Aug 19, 11:00 am, "a12vman" <a12v...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> No the filter is an exact replacement of original.
>
> Flow Control. Holy smokes, that part is $21.50 and the screen is another
> $3.25; are there any good websites that stock these parts other than
> geparts.com?
>
> <justalur...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm not talking about the "filters" I'm asking about the membrane. Is
the replacement the same GPD as the original membrane?

Regarding, "Holy smokes, that part is $21.50 and the screen is another
$3.25", here's your first taste of the benefits of buying a brand name
water treatment product. Had you bought an industry standard RO the
filters and membrane would have been less expensive and that flow
control would cost as whopping $2.50 to $7.00 dpending on the style
required.

Xx

Sep 3, 2017, 11:14:08 AM9/3/17
replying to a12vman, Xx wrote:
Simply open fitting where waste goes into sink waste pipe. Insert a small
plastic tube (bought at any hardware store) into RO waste pipe,insert 12" of
pipe down sink waste pipe and reinsert fitting. Basically the added tube will
allow water to flow down instead if dripping down.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/reverse-osmosis-system-gurgling-243376-.htm