Yext referral service (a bit OT for home repair)

Stormin Mormon

Mar 1, 2010, 8:31:13 AM3/1/10
I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me
up with www.yext.com as a referral provider. They
want to send me calls for my business, and only
charge me $17 per customer, for the online
listing.

I glanced at thier web site, and can't figure out
the nuts and bolts of how they work. Aparently,
they assign me a "local" phone number. From what I
can gather, people call that number, which is
monitored by them. And aparently rings through to
my number. They bill me for whatever sounds like
work, not for tele marketers, and so on.

Anyone out there use this service? Is it worth the
money?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

hr(bob) hofmann@att.net

Mar 1, 2010, 11:42:23 AM3/1/10
On Mar 1, 7:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"

<cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me
> up withwww.yext.comas a referral provider. They

> want to send me calls for my business, and only
> charge me $17 per customer, for the online
> listing.
>
> I glanced at thier web site, and can't figure out
> the nuts and bolts of how they work. Aparently,
> they assign me a "local" phone number. From what I
> can gather, people call that number, which is
> monitored by them. And aparently rings through to
> my number. They bill me for whatever sounds like
> work, not for tele marketers, and so on.
>
> Anyone out there use this service? Is it worth the
> money?
>
> --
> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
>  www.lds.org
> .

Sounds like a scam, how do you prevent them for biling for every Tom
Dick and Harry, whether it results in business or is a crank call??

hr(bob) hofmann@att.net

Mar 1, 2010, 11:49:58 AM3/1/10
On Mar 1, 7:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me
> up withwww.yext.comas a referral provider. They

> want to send me calls for my business, and only
> charge me $17 per customer, for the online
> listing.
>
> I glanced at thier web site, and can't figure out
> the nuts and bolts of how they work. Aparently,
> they assign me a "local" phone number. From what I
> can gather, people call that number, which is
> monitored by them. And aparently rings through to
> my number. They bill me for whatever sounds like
> work, not for tele marketers, and so on.
>
> Anyone out there use this service? Is it worth the
> money?
>
> --
> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
>  www.lds.org
> .

That web site does not exist!!! Try reposting

Stormin Mormon

Mar 1, 2010, 12:08:14 PM3/1/10
http://www.yext.com/

Don't know what happened. Something took the
spaces out of my text.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) hof...@att.net" <hrho...@att.net>
wrote in message

On Mar 1, 7:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a call from someone, wants to sign me
> up with
www.yext.com
as a referral provider. They
> want to send me calls for my business, and only
> charge me $17 per customer, for the online
> listing.

That web site does not exist!!! Try reposting

Stormin Mormon

Mar 1, 2010, 12:10:46 PM3/1/10
I'm also thinking some thing doesn't sound right.
Supposedly they monitor for key words, and don't
bill for crank calls.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) hof...@att.net" <hrho...@att.net>
wrote in message

Hell Toupee

Mar 1, 2010, 4:22:57 PM3/1/10
Stormin Mormon wrote:

> I'm also thinking some thing doesn't sound right.
> Supposedly they monitor for key words, and don't
> bill for crank calls.

According to a post on a web forum from a company that tried Yext out,
Yext automatically bills you for _every_ call they send through to
your inbox. Because they use software to screen the calls, some junk
calls do get through. At that point it is up to you to report the
worthless calls to have them removed. Otherwise, you are charged for
them as good calls. And they don't do refunds.

The Daring Dufas

Mar 2, 2010, 3:52:24 AM3/2/10

I see a revenge mechanism for use against certain business.

TDD

Stormin Mormon

Mar 2, 2010, 4:54:45 PM3/2/10
Seeing as how each undisputed call costs $17, I
can see that also.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
<the-dari...@peckerhead.net> wrote in message

The Daring Dufas

Mar 3, 2010, 3:51:19 AM3/3/10
Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Seeing as how each undisputed call costs $17, I
> can see that also.

Me lets out a deep evil laugh. MUHAHAHAHA!

TDD

Stormin Mormon

Mar 3, 2010, 9:52:46 AM3/3/10
I just heard from the Yext people. The cheerful,
perky lady on the phone sounded just astounded
that I didn't want to sign up. She "couldn't
understand" why. I explained it, and finally told
her it wasn't my job to make her understand. She
closed with "I can't believe you don't want to
grow your busines/CLICK!!!" and the line went
dead. Aparently, they have a very low tolerance
for rejection.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
<the-dari...@peckerhead.net> wrote in message

BurnedByYext

Apr 19, 2010, 6:27:00 PM4/19/10

I was a YEXT customer and that's what they tell you to get you to sign up
your business for their service. But then they charge you for every crap
call whether it leads to a paying customer or not. I reported garbage
calls that were unintelligable and the transcript they send with the call
was so disheveled and contentless as to be hilarious... yet they insisted
on billing me for such calls. YEXT IS A TOTAL SCAM. Run screaming from
their offers. YEXT ONLY WANTS TO RIP YOU OFF.

_________________________
Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com

Stormin Mormon

Apr 20, 2010, 7:23:21 AM4/20/10
Better home portal? Replying to a message from a couple
months ago? I'm so not impressed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus