OT: The Pillow Guy, Mike Lindell, dealt another blow

Jim Joyce

Dec 1, 2022, 2:28:15 PM12/1/22

MyPillow guy Mike Lindell may need a long rest after big defamation
lawsuit loss
<https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/30/2139224/-MyPillow-guy-Mike-Lindell-may-need-a-long-rest-after-big-defamation-lawsuit-loss>
Nov 30, 2022

Things have not been going particularly well for Mr. Mike Lindell. The
founder of Fox News’ top advertiser, MyPillow, is embroiled in a
billion-dollar defamation lawsuit brought against him by Dominion Voting
Systems. The election voting tabulation system has a seemingly solid
case against Lindell, who has repeatedly claimed the systems were hacked
by everyone from the ghost of Huge Chavez to secret “deep state” actors.

On Tuesday, Mr. Lindell took another check in the loss column when U.S.
Magistrate Judge Phillip Green ended Lindell’s attempt to subpoena Kent
County, Michigan, election records. During his ruling on this motion,
Judge Green said, “It is eminently demonstrated that the breadth of the
subpoena could not be greater.” He then ordered Lindell to cover the
county’s legal costs in fighting what Kent County Clerk Lisa Posthumus
Lyons called a “bogus fishing expedition.”

This decision is a solid blow to Lindell, who has reportedly been
subpoenaing a huge swath of the country’s election boards, searching for
something he hopes will get him out of the legal and financial jeopardy
all of his defamatory statements have gotten him into.

The MyPillow man has definitely been spending a lot of money, much of it
fundraised, on legal fights—with speculation that some of the money
spent on other election-denier cases has been done so illegally. This is
on top of the claims Lindell has made that he has spent more than $25
million of his own money trying (and failing) to prove Donald Trump
actually won the 2020 presidential election against President Joe Biden.

He has attempted every right-wing grift imaginable, including the
short-lived and hilarious attempt at creating his own “free
speech” social media site. In fact, since Trump left office and the tap
ran dry on nickel and diming taxpayers out of their money, almost every
Lindell attempt to generate some profits and interest in his cult of
personality has ended up looking like a poorly thought-out comedy
sketch.

This new legal loss comes just under two months after the Supreme Court
declined to consider Lindell’s attempts to block the defamation lawsuit
against him. it comes less than one month after a federal judge in
Minnesota rejected Lindell’s attempts to get back his phone after it was
seized by the FBI in connection with their ongoing investigation into
potentially criminal tampering with election equipment by MAGA-loving
republicans, like former Mesa County, Colorado, Clerk Tina Peters.

Dean Hoffman

Dec 1, 2022, 4:06:43 PM12/1/22
Did you see this? He want to be chairman of the Republican National Committee.
<https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/mike-lindell-announces-bid-for-chair-of-the-rnc/>

hub...@ccanoemail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 4:28:58 PM12/1/22
It will be a close race between him and Nick Fuentes -
- depending on which one Trump supports ... :-)
John T.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 1, 2022, 5:11:46 PM12/1/22
On 2022-12-01, Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you see this? He want to be chairman of the Republican National Committee.
><https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/mike-lindell-announces-bid-for-chair-of-the-rnc/>

Don't they usually prefer someone who is at least marginally competent?

--
Cindy Hamilton

Scott Lurndal

Dec 1, 2022, 5:51:48 PM12/1/22
Certainly not at the state level, just look at Arizona.

Dean Hoffman

Dec 1, 2022, 6:33:31 PM12/1/22
I think he'd be better off hiring a pretty woman to do his commercials. Lindell isn't one of those
people who look natural in front of a camera. Actually, Lindell would be better off with this guy as spokesman. From Americas Got Talent
<https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gyub9>

Jim Joyce

Dec 1, 2022, 10:04:16 PM12/1/22
On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:06:38 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
<dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you see this? He want to be chairman of the Republican National Committee.
><https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/mike-lindell-announces-bid-for-chair-of-the-rnc/>

Yes,and I'm all for it. Bring on the crazy. I think the pendulum needs
to swing a little further in that direction before people will allow it
to come back toward the center. In the meantime, we're a "one sane
party" country. The decent Republicans have left long ago, leaving just
the batsh*t crazy types to burn things down.

micky

Dec 1, 2022, 10:52:54 PM12/1/22
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:06:38 -0800 (PST), Dean
I heard it but I hadn't seen details.

But I wish Jim would stop saying bad things about the Pillowguy.

If he goes out of business, what will we do for pillows?

rbowman

Dec 1, 2022, 11:17:46 PM12/1/22
Not really...

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 2, 2022, 4:26:49 AM12/2/22
On 2022-12-01, Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 4:11:46 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2022-12-01, Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Did you see this? He want to be chairman of the Republican National Committee.
>> ><https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/mike-lindell-announces-bid-for-chair-of-the-rnc/>
>> Don't they usually prefer someone who is at least marginally competent?
>>
>> --
>> Cindy Hamilton
>
> I think he'd be better off hiring a pretty woman to do his commercials. Lindell isn't one of those
> people who look natural in front of a camera. Actually, Lindell would be better off with this guy as spokesman. From Americas Got Talent
><https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gyub9>

That would be an improvement.

OTOH, I grew up watching this guy do his own commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W8Rnp3t6uY

I've never heard Lindell speak, only seen still pictures of him.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Oscar

Dec 2, 2022, 8:18:44 AM12/2/22
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-01, Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Don't they usually prefer someone who is at least marginally competent?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> I think he'd be better off hiring a pretty woman to do his commercials. Lindell isn't one of those
>> people who look natural in front of a camera. Actually, Lindell would be better off with this guy as spokesman. From Americas Got Talent
>> <https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gyub9>
>
> That would be an improvement.
>
> OTOH, I grew up watching this guy do his own commercials:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W8Rnp3t6uY
>
> I've never heard Lindell speak, only seen still pictures of him.

But you're silent on Biden's kinky genderqueer drag queen choice for Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/bidens-gender-fluid-pup-handler-doe-employee-sam-brinton-hosted-spanking-seminar-kink-conference-weeks-luggage-theft/

Actually I'm surprised Biden didn't place Brinton in TSA so s/he could keep an eye on America's luggage.

Frank

Dec 2, 2022, 8:36:39 AM12/2/22
Just about all of Biden's choices were check marks to include all in the
LGBTQ crowd, women and all races. Few were chosen for their competence.
You will never hear any criticism of them by democrats.

Oscar

Dec 2, 2022, 8:38:43 AM12/2/22
Jim Joyce wrote:
> MyPillow guy Mike Lindell may need a long rest after big defamation
> lawsuit loss
> <https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/30/2139224/-MyPillow-guy-Mike-Lindell-may-need-a-long-rest-after-big-defamation-lawsuit-loss>
> Nov 30, 2022
>

> Things have not been going particularly well for Mr. Mike Lindell. The
> founder of Fox News’ top advertiser, MyPillow, is embroiled in a
> billion-dollar defamation lawsuit brought against him by Dominion Voting
> Systems. The election voting tabulation system has a seemingly solid
> case against Lindell, who has repeatedly claimed the systems were hacked
> by everyone from the ghost of Huge Chavez to secret “deep state” actors.

The dominion voting machines are 100% secure. There's no way they could be hacked. LOL

If the democrats allowed a complete hardware/firmware/software audit, the world would discover the truth.

Dean Hoffman

Dec 2, 2022, 8:50:02 AM12/2/22
What's to say? One of the best speeches given within the last 100 years or so was Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. Biden doesn't remember it.

trader_4

Dec 2, 2022, 9:47:28 AM12/2/22
Of course Lindell and the stolen election lie cult will now claim that the
court didn't allow Lindell to defend himself, that surely the reason they won't
allow his fishing expedition is because that's where the proof of the stolen
election is, that this is a corrupt judge, part of the conspiracy, etc, etc, etc.

Another one of this bunch, Rudy, doesn't learn either. He was on the air the
other day railing against Fauci, accusing him of being paid by the vaccine
manufacturers and forcing vaccine mandates on people for his own profit.
That sounds like more defamation to me.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2022, 10:11:19 AM12/2/22
You may be right but the evidence has not been shown yet. Where is it?
Why have even Trump appointed judges tossed out the cases?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2022, 10:13:02 AM12/2/22
Agree with you for the reason chosen. Which ones are not competent? Do
you have a list with particulars?

Frank

Dec 2, 2022, 10:39:29 AM12/2/22
No list needed. All of them.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2022, 11:05:14 AM12/2/22
Ah, just a party prejudiced generality, nothing with actual facts. Trump
only picked the best.

https://www.statista.com/chart/15071/how-does-trumps-turnover-compare-to-other-presidents/

Frank

Dec 2, 2022, 12:01:43 PM12/2/22
How about you tell us of one Biden appointee that is competent.

Scott Lurndal

Dec 2, 2022, 12:39:35 PM12/2/22
you made the claim, put up or shut up.

You must also give the reason that you think they are incompetent,
and it must stand up to scrutiny.

rbowman

Dec 2, 2022, 12:40:58 PM12/2/22
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:12:53 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Agree with you for the reason chosen. Which ones are not competent? Do
> you have a list with particulars?

If only Jean-Pierre didn't remind me of a toy I had as a kid...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwog

Frank

Dec 2, 2022, 12:51:10 PM12/2/22
Maybe I am not here to educate you but to irritate you.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2022, 12:51:56 PM12/2/22
I've had no issues yet. Nothing has affected me. Buttegig got the
state money for some infrastructure projects and repairs. Port of Tampa
is expanding

Biden's people gave us a bunch for hurricane relief when needed in spite
of DeSantis that did not want Sandy victims to get any.

Jut got notice of my new SS payment starting next month.

Life is good here. How 'bout you?

Peeler

Dec 2, 2022, 1:12:17 PM12/2/22
On 2 Dec 2022 17:40:52 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> If only Jean-Pierre didn't remind me of a toy I had as a kid...
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwog

Yeah, senile gossip, you haven't yet told us very much about your childhood.
Wanna start now? I bet you were hot shit even back then. <BG>

--
More typical idiotic senile gossip by lowbrowwoman:
"It's been years since I've been in a fast food burger joint but I used

Frank

Dec 2, 2022, 1:51:06 PM12/2/22
Buttigieg! You can't be serious. All the transportation problems we
were having and he took off for family leave when he and his husband
adopted a baby.

Sure our SS is going up thanks to inflation caused by Biden choking off
fuel supply and his rampant spending.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 2, 2022, 3:42:34 PM12/2/22
On 12/2/2022 1:50 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> How about you tell us of one Biden appointee that is competent.
>>
>> I've had no issues yet.  Nothing has affected me.  Buttegig got the
>> state money for some infrastructure projects and repairs.  Port of
>> Tampa is expanding
>>
>> Biden's people gave us a bunch for hurricane relief when needed in
>> spite of DeSantis that did not want Sandy victims to get any.
>>
>> Jut got notice of my new SS payment starting next month.
>>
>> Life is good here.  How 'bout you?
>
> Buttigieg!  You can't be serious.  All the transportation problems we
> were having and he took off for family leave when he and his husband
> adopted a baby.

Oh boo hoo. I did the same thing over 50 years ago. Twice. We adopted
a girl and two years later a boy. I was given some time off and it was
appreciated.

I am guessing, like I did, he still had some contact with the employer
if needed.

Scott Lurndal

Dec 2, 2022, 4:19:36 PM12/2/22
And like any good executive, he delegates.

Su Nombre

Dec 2, 2022, 4:49:07 PM12/2/22
Scott Lurndal wrote:
> 0x6Frank <Frank@frank..net> writes:

>>> Ah, just a party prejudiced generality, nothing with actual facts. Trump
>>> only picked the best.
>>>
>>> https://www.statista.com/chart/15071/how-does-trumps-turnover-compare-to-other-presidents/
>>>

>> How about you tell us of one Biden appointee that is competent.
>
> you made the claim, put up or shut up.
>
> You must also give the reason that you think they are incompetent,
> and it must stand up to scrutiny.

Your boy is not trustworthy enough to drive the luggage wagon at the airport.

Bob F

Dec 2, 2022, 7:53:18 PM12/2/22
Should we look at trumps appointees with that same lens?

Bob F

Dec 2, 2022, 7:54:30 PM12/2/22
Should we look at trumps appointees with the same lens. I agree that is
true with them.

Bob F

Dec 2, 2022, 7:56:56 PM12/2/22
> Maybe I am not here to educate you but to LIE TO irritate you.

rbowman

Dec 2, 2022, 9:16:06 PM12/2/22
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 13:50:58 -0500, Frank wrote:

> Sure our SS is going up thanks to inflation caused by Biden choking off
> fuel supply and his rampant spending.

And so is my Part B IRMAA hit... I really should retire one of these days.

Peeler

Dec 3, 2022, 3:10:32 AM12/3/22
On 3 Dec 2022 02:15:58 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> And so is my Part B IRMAA hit... I really should retire one of these days.

Fucking hilarious! You STILL want to make everyone believe that you are
holding down a job, you abnormal senile chatterbox? LOL

--
Gossiping "lowbrowwoman" about herself:
"Usenet is my blog... I don't give a damn if anyone ever reads my posts

trader_4

Dec 3, 2022, 11:09:25 AM12/3/22
I agree with you on that one. And it wasn't even a pregnancy, it was an
adoption that they did on their own chosen timeframe. And this was just
a few months after Biden had appointed him. It shows it's all about me, me,
me, not the job you took to serve the country. It was also disrespectful to
Biden, I would have fired his ass.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 3, 2022, 11:29:10 AM12/3/22
On 2022-12-03, trader_4 <tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

> I agree with you on that one. And it wasn't even a pregnancy, it was an
> adoption that they did on their own chosen timeframe.

You're right. They should have had a pregnancy the old-fashioned way.

> And this was just a few months after Biden had appointed him.

How long do you suppose it takes to arrange an adoption?
https://adoptionnetwork.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-adopt-a-child/

It might have been already in process when Biden made the offer.
Buttigieg might have said, "I'm working on adoption and when it comes
through I'm going to need a little time."

> It shows it's all about me, me,
> me, not the job you took to serve the country.
> It was also disrespectful to Biden,

Perhaps Biden didn't think so.

> I would have fired his ass.

Happily, Mr. Biden has the milk of human kindness in abundance.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Frank

Dec 3, 2022, 12:05:47 PM12/3/22
Biden could not fire these people if he wanted to. He knows he would
lose the homo vote if he fired him. Likewise for others he hired.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 3, 2022, 12:39:37 PM12/3/22
What was the time frame? Could have been started two years ago. Have
you ever gone through the adoption process?

It is not like ordering from the Sears catalog with a time choice for
delivery. BTDT, twice.

Frank

Dec 3, 2022, 1:19:41 PM12/3/22
There are other ways to solve your personal issues without putting the
interests of the whole country on hold.

BTW when Biden's son Beau (Joe Jr.) was elected attorney general in
Delaware he hired a former attorney general to do his job even later
when serving JAG in Afghanistan. He spent all his time politicking and
never worked in his elected office.

Jim Joyce

Dec 3, 2022, 1:22:14 PM12/3/22
I'm with Cindy and Ed on this one. I think you're way off base. Way,
WAY, off base.

Frank

Dec 3, 2022, 1:49:42 PM12/3/22
Gee, what a surprise, agree with Ed and Cindy ;)

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 3, 2022, 3:01:05 PM12/3/22
How do you know what he was and was not doing? Plenty can be done from
home for a few weeks. The world did not stop and the bridges still
worked.

What does Joe Jr. have to do with any of this?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 3, 2022, 3:04:17 PM12/3/22
Yes, he is sensible. Trader usually is but is way off on this,
especially mentioning "their time frame" You don't order babies from
Amazon.

Frank

Dec 3, 2022, 3:42:57 PM12/3/22
Who ever heard of family leave before the baby was born?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 3, 2022, 3:54:12 PM12/3/22
I took time off before. Sorry you live in ancient times. For me it was
54 years ago.

Frank

Dec 3, 2022, 4:13:20 PM12/3/22
Just part of what the family gets away with.

Bob F

Dec 3, 2022, 6:54:11 PM12/3/22
Just like trump did all the time to his appointees. Except, he did it by
twitter. Wasn't enough of a man to fire people himself.

Bob F

Dec 3, 2022, 6:56:07 PM12/3/22
Please take a look at the trump family escapades.

micky

Dec 4, 2022, 12:31:33 AM12/4/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 3 Dec 2022 12:39:30 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
<e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>What was the time frame? Could have been started two years ago. Have

For sure.

>you ever gone through the adoption process?
>
>It is not like ordering from the Sears catalog with a time choice for
>delivery. BTDT, twice.

Good for you. You run life, don't let life run you.

I used to have a friend at work who adopted two babies, one at a time,
from Chile.

He and his wife both had to go to pick up the child each time and he
wasn't naive. I dont' know how much he had paid already, but he brought
a bunch of money to grease the wheels if anything was going wrong.
After nothing went wrong, he offered the money anyhow, and the Chilean
social worker said the mother had a decent or good job, an office job
iirc, was not poor and had already gone back to southern Chile, and she
turned down the money.

I think it was he, but maybe it was just a story I read, they got there
a day in advance, and when they woke up the next morining there were
tanks and soldiers in the street. It was a coup or a coup attempt.
They went to their appointment anyhow and all that went normally.

I'm sorry if your adoptions weren't so dramatic. Don't feel bad. But I
wanted to tell the stories.

micky

Dec 4, 2022, 12:36:12 AM12/4/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 3 Dec 2022 15:55:58 -0800, Bob F
Well of course. What did you do about your job when you were in
Afghanistan?

This sounds totally like baloney. 3 hours after 6PM and 4 hours on
weekends, and an hour or two once in while during working hours is just
the sort of thing the lying liars would call "all his time". You
shouldn't believe what they tell you.

>>> How do you know what he was and was not doing?  Plenty can be done
>>> from home for a few weeks.  The world did not stop and the bridges
>>> still worked.
>>>
>>> What does Joe Jr. have to do with any of this?
>>
>> Just part of what the family gets away with.
>

>Please take a look at the trump family escapades.

My gosh, yes.

trader_4

Dec 5, 2022, 5:20:27 PM12/5/22
Then let his spouse take care of the kid. Or hire a baby sitter. Buttigieg is supposed
to be serving the country, not doing baby sitting. He wasn't forced to take tha job.
Screw him and Biden who appointed this ahole.

trader_4

Dec 5, 2022, 5:23:32 PM12/5/22
Actually when Buttigieg pulled this shit, the US ports were stopped and in crisis.
He didn't care, went on baby leave anyhow.

Scott Lurndal

Dec 5, 2022, 5:58:54 PM12/5/22
Be specific. What, exactly, do you think he should have done? Or even could have done?

Bob F

Dec 5, 2022, 7:21:54 PM12/5/22
"Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg struck back Friday at
Republican critics who faulted him for taking time off with his husband
and two newborns, saying he was “blessed” to have the kind of family
leave the Biden administration is seeking to make the national standard.

“What we have right now is an administration that’s actually pro-family,
and I’m blessed to be able to experience that as an employee, being able
to have the flexibility to take care of our newborn children, which is,
by the way, work,” Buttigieg said in an interview with MSNBC’s Nicole
Wallace. “It’s joyful work. It’s wonderful work, but it’s definitely work.”"

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 5, 2022, 8:29:54 PM12/5/22
You are making assumptions. He did not care? You do not know what
contact he had, what plans (good or bad) were in effect.

Did he talk to his subordinates and managers? Was there a plan in place?

Unless you can give specifics you sounds about the same as Frank.

rbowman

Dec 5, 2022, 8:51:42 PM12/5/22
Now there is an interesting question. I don't think there is anything he
can do about supply chain issues, the scarcity of diesel in some
locations, and so forth. That leads to 'what exactly does he do for a
living?'

I shouldn't single out Buttigieg. There are a lot of bureaucrats who could
be eliminated.

Slevin

Dec 5, 2022, 8:59:49 PM12/5/22
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> You are making assumptions.  He did not care?  You do not know what
> contact he had, what plans (good or bad) were in effect.
>
> Did he talk to his subordinates and managers?  Was there a plan in place?
>
> Unless you can give specifics you sounds about the same as Frank.

We had a guy like Buttgig where I used to work. Whenever there was an
all-hands-on-deck crisis, old Geoff would claim he had a family
emergency and we wouldn't see his worthless lazy ass for days. Never
understood why they kept him on the payroll.

micky

Dec 5, 2022, 9:32:23 PM12/5/22
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 5 Dec 2022 20:29:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
<e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>You are making assumptions. He did not care? You do not know what
>contact he had, what plans (good or bad) were in effect.
>
>Did he talk to his subordinates and managers?

He might have had a phone. Or a computer with zoom. I'm not sure.

Peeler

Dec 6, 2022, 4:08:39 AM12/6/22
On 6 Dec 2022 01:51:34 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Now there is an interesting question.

There can be no question as interesting as your unasked-for "brilliant"
answers to each and every off topic bullshit, senile gossip! <BG>

--
Yet more of the so very interesting senile blather by lowbrowwoman:
"My family loaded me into a '51 Chevy and drove from NY to Seattle and

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 6, 2022, 4:52:08 AM12/6/22
On 2022-12-06, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2022 22:58:47 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>
>> trader_4 <tra...@optonline.net> writes:

>>>Actually when Buttigieg pulled this shit, the US ports were stopped and
>>>in crisis.
>>>He didn't care, went on baby leave anyhow.
>>>

>> Be specific. What, exactly, do you think he should have done? Or even
>> could have done?
>
> Now there is an interesting question. I don't think there is anything he
> can do about supply chain issues, the scarcity of diesel in some
> locations, and so forth. That leads to 'what exactly does he do for a
> living?'

It's easy enough to find out what he's done since he became Secretary
of Transportation. Once could even compare it to what his predecessors
did. It might be appropriate to restrict the comparison to recent
officials, such as Elaine Chao, Anthony Foxx, and Ray LaHood.

--
Cindy Hamilton

trader_4

Dec 6, 2022, 10:26:25 AM12/6/22
Yes, it's a wonderful world. Let's give everyone another $1000 and forgive
all student loans and mortgages too. It's the Democrat thing to do.

trader_4

Dec 6, 2022, 10:32:22 AM12/6/22
BS. I know the specifics. This ahole took a top position in the govt where he's
supposed to be serving the American people for the good of the country. Then he
went on vacation even though the US transportation sector was in crisis. Imagine
if someone named Trump or a Republican had done it, why the libs and the media
would be howling in protest. And the argument that the adoption could have been
in the works doesn't hold either. If you know that and you insist on taking months off
because of it, which BTW is totally unnecessary, then you decline the job offer and
let someone who is ready to serve and has the time to do it take the job. This ahole
wanted both, because it's about, me, me, me. In that regard, he's just like Trump.

micky

Dec 6, 2022, 2:03:43 PM12/6/22
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 6 Dec 2022 07:32:15 -0800 (PST), trader_4
============================================= ==========

>> Unless you can give specifics you sounds about the same as Frank.
>
>BS. I know the specifics.

You say that but then you make no effort at all to answer the questions
that Ed asked. See the underlined text above. I think you've
complained when others don't answer questions, but here you are.

I'm figuring by "a plan in place" Ed refers to having made many
decisions before leave started.

> This ahole took a top position in the govt where he's
>supposed to be serving the American people for the good of the country. Then he
>went on vacation even though the US transportation sector was in crisis. Imagine

You're repeating yourself, as you always do, but these are not
"specifics". They are the opposite.

>if someone named Trump or a Republican had done it, why the libs and the media
>would be howling in protest. And the argument that the adoption could have been
>in the works doesn't hold either.

You don't seem to know much about adoption. I think it's ever since
legal abortion, which has created an enormous "shortage" of unwanted
babies, that now the situation is that people apply years in advance and
have little idea when they will be approved. If prospective parents
pass on a baby, or twins no less, when offered, they may go to the end
of the line or even if not, may still have to wait years longer to match
up with a suitable baby. Or, if they only have to wait months, that
would stil be during the Biden Administration. Should they have put
this off for 4 years? And what about what the other guy wants?

He'd started his job on Jan 20, 2021, and I'll bet that was before they
were offered these babies and for all he knew on Jan. 20th, they could
have still been waiting years later. Oh, here, it wasn't until August
or September of 2021 that they babies were delivered. Do you imagine
that he knew about them in January? That they were already born but
could not be given to another home until they were a few months old,
like puppies?

> If you know that and you insist on taking months off
>because of it, which BTW is totally unnecessary, then you decline the job offer and
>let someone who is ready to serve and has the time to do it take the job. This ahole
>wanted both, because it's about, me, me, me. In that regard, he's just like Trump.

YOu also have not found anything in government that didn't get done
correctly because he took leave, or any decision he didn't take an
active part in. In any lawsuit, there are two parts. One is liability
and the second is damages. Even forgetting about showing liability, do
you have even a suspicion of what the damages are?

--
I do think paternity leave started out for cases when the mother was
still weak from childbirth, and then she was slow because having a baby

trader_4

Dec 7, 2022, 9:44:54 AM12/7/22
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

Why can't you ever trim posts?

> >> You are making assumptions. He did not care? You do not know what
> >> contact he had, what plans (good or bad) were in effect.
> >>
> >> Did he talk to his subordinates and managers? Was there a plan in place?
> ============================================= ==========
> >> Unless you can give specifics you sounds about the same as Frank.
> >
> >BS. I know the specifics.
> You say that but then you make no effort at all to answer the questions
> that Ed asked. See the underlined text above. I think you've
> complained when others don't answer questions, but here you are.

No, here you are confused as usual. I know enough specifics. Do you need
every last specific" before you wind up and go after say, Trump? Whether
Buttigieg had a plan doesn't matter. And even a damn fool would know that
there was some plan, he didn't just walk out one day and disappear. That
there was some plan doesn't in any way make leaving a top govt post just
a few months after your appointed in the middle of the worst transportation
crisis in our lifetime acceptable.

> I'm figuring by "a plan in place" Ed refers to having made many
> decisions before leave started.
> > This ahole took a top position in the govt where he's
> >supposed to be serving the American people for the good of the country. Then he
> >went on vacation even though the US transportation sector was in crisis. Imagine
> You're repeating yourself, as you always do, but these are not
> "specifics". They are the opposite.

I have to repeat myself because here you are asking stupid questions.

> >if someone named Trump or a Republican had done it, why the libs and the media
> >would be howling in protest. And the argument that the adoption could have been
> >in the works doesn't hold either.
> You don't seem to know much about adoption.

Speaking of avoiding the issue, you just ignored the above, which is that if
someone named Trump did this, why you and all the libs would have your
hair on fire, it would be the most awful thing imaginable. The libs bitched
because Trump played golf.

I think it's ever since
> legal abortion, which has created an enormous "shortage" of unwanted
> babies, that now the situation is that people apply years in advance and
> have little idea when they will be approved. If prospective parents
> pass on a baby, or twins no less, when offered, they may go to the end
> of the line or even if not, may still have to wait years longer to match
> up with a suitable baby. Or, if they only have to wait months, that
> would stil be during the Biden Administration. Should they have put
> this off for 4 years? And what about what the other guy wants?

Simple. If you insist on having an adoption AND insist on taking time off
because your spouse can't take care of the baby, which has worked for
thousands of years AND you won't hire a nanny, then don't take the fucking
job. This isn't a job at McDonald's, which this ahole probably could not
handle. Who the fuck is this guy anyway? He was a mayor of a small town
and suddenly he's supposed to be an irreplaceable wonder?

> He'd started his job on Jan 20, 2021, and I'll bet that was before they
> were offered these babies and for all he knew on Jan. 20th, they could
> have still been waiting years later. Oh, here, it wasn't until August
> or September of 2021 that they babies were delivered. Do you imagine
> that he knew about them in January?

He damn well would know that they were planning an adoption, that and
how he was going to deal with it is all that matters. Buttigieg decided that
like Trump, it's all about me, me, me. So he took a top govt job where he's
supposed to be serving the country, then took off in the middle of the worst
transportation crisis, certainly of our lifetimes.

That they were already born but
> could not be given to another home until they were a few months old,
> like puppies?
> > If you know that and you insist on taking months off
> >because of it, which BTW is totally unnecessary, then you decline the job offer and
> >let someone who is ready to serve and has the time to do it take the job. This ahole
> >wanted both, because it's about, me, me, me. In that regard, he's just like Trump.
> YOu also have not found anything in government that didn't get done
> correctly because he took leave, or any decision he didn't take an
> active part in.

OK, if that's true, fire his ass, he's unnecessary and irrelevant. But boy, just
imagine if his name was Trump. You've already started at least one of your
daily new OT posts about Trump today. Hypocrite.

micky

Dec 7, 2022, 11:36:56 AM12/7/22
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 7 Dec 2022 06:44:50 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
>
>Why can't you ever trim posts?

I often trim posts. I guess you just don't notice.

>> ============================================= ==========
>> >
>> >BS. I know the specifics.
>> You say that but then you make no effort at all to answer the questions
>> that Ed asked. See the underlined text above. I think you've
>> complained when others don't answer questions, but here you are.
>
>No, here you are confused as usual. I know enough specifics.

Your knowing specifics is not at all the same as answering a question
which asked you to give specifics. Duh.

> Do you need
>every last specific"

Who said anything about "every last specific"**. Ed and I only wanted
some specifics and we didn't get even one. **Is this mere deflection
or does it have a more specific name.?

>before you wind up and go after say, Trump?

I require what I just asked of you, some or at least one specific,
before I go after trump. If I don't specify them in each post it's only
because I or someone already has. You can't find a counter example.
Butagieg is a new topic and no one has specified any.

> Whether
>Buttigieg had a plan doesn't matter. And even a damn fool would know that
>there was some plan, he didn't just walk out one day and disappear. That

So he was in contact with the office during his leave?

>there was some plan doesn't in any way make leaving a top govt post just
>a few months

Was it more than 2?

> after your appointed in the middle of the worst transportation
>crisis in our lifetime acceptable.

What crisis is that? Corona?

>> I'm figuring by "a plan in place" Ed refers to having made many
>> decisions before leave started.
>> > This ahole took a top position in the govt where he's
>> >supposed to be serving the American people for the good of the country. Then he
>> >went on vacation even though the US transportation sector was in crisis. Imagine
>> You're repeating yourself, as you always do, but these are not
>> "specifics". They are the opposite.
>
>I have to repeat myself because here you are asking stupid questions.
>

>> >if someone named Trump or a Republican had done it, why the libs and the media
>> >would be howling in protest. And the argument that the adoption could have been
>> >in the works doesn't hold either.
>> You don't seem to know much about adoption.
>
>Speaking of avoiding the issue, you just ignored the above, which is that if
>someone named Trump did this, why you and all the libs would have your

No. There have been things that seemed bad about trump or Walker that I
didn't bring up because the description was sketchy and it wasn't clear
they were serious or even bad. I can't remember them right now. Except
I actually defended Walker for his wolfman/vampire story.

>hair on fire, it would be the most awful thing imaginable. The libs bitched
>because Trump played golf.

They did that because trump had iirc dumped on Obama for playing golf
and then he played more. That's not at all what you just said, "because
Trump played golf". You, who seem to know and remember far more details
of this stuff than I do, you didn't remember that?

> I think it's ever since
>> legal abortion, which has created an enormous "shortage" of unwanted
>> babies, that now the situation is that people apply years in advance and
>> have little idea when they will be approved. If prospective parents
>> pass on a baby, or twins no less, when offered, they may go to the end
>> of the line or even if not, may still have to wait years longer to match
>> up with a suitable baby. Or, if they only have to wait months, that
>> would stil be during the Biden Administration. Should they have put
>> this off for 4 years? And what about what the other guy wants?
>
>Simple. If you insist on having an adoption AND insist on taking time off
>because your spouse can't take care of the baby, which has worked for
>thousands of years AND you won't hire a nanny, then don't take the fucking
>job.

You seem to have missed that they didn't have the baby when he took the
job, when he started the job.

> This isn't a job at McDonald's, which this ahole probably could not
>handle. Who the fuck is this guy anyway? He was a mayor of a small town
>and suddenly he's supposed to be an irreplaceable wonder?

Yes, I've noticed how his merely running for president, when he had no
chance of winning, got him a big job in DC.

>> He'd started his job on Jan 20, 2021, and I'll bet that was before they
>> were offered these babies and for all he knew on Jan. 20th, they could
>> have still been waiting years later. Oh, here, it wasn't until August
>> or September of 2021 that they babies were delivered. Do you imagine
>> that he knew about them in January?
>
>He damn well would know that they were planning an adoption, that and
>how he was going to deal with it is all that matters. Buttigieg decided that
>like Trump, it's all about me, me, me.

Don't you think he anticipated the criticism and that it might hurt his
electoral career. If it were all about me, me, he could have gone into
the office a couple days a week. I also think he could have gone into
the office a couple days a week without changing his relationship with
the babies, and wonder why he didn't. I didn't bring this up in the

Two months is 45 days off. It's hard to understand why he would not try
to mitigate criticism and learn without a telephone what is going on at
work, just to have 18 extra days off. (Multiply by 3/2 if it was 3
months.) Was the other guy at home or was he at work every day? That
they both appear in the still picture with the babies doesn't mean
otherwise.

The articles I found criticizing him were from the end of September,
iirc. and they didn't give anything that suffered because he wasn't
there. Were there later articles that did that? I didn't see any. Maybe
if we're lucky they'll impeach him and they'll have to allege specifics.
Wait, if they imitate trump's 63 lawsuits, they may not feel that's
required.

> So he took a top govt job where he's
>supposed to be serving the country, then took off in the middle of the worst
>transportation crisis, certainly of our lifetimes.

Corona?

>That they were already born but
>> could not be given to another home until they were a few months old,
>> like puppies?
>> > If you know that and you insist on taking months off
>> >because of it, which BTW is totally unnecessary, then you decline the job offer and
>> >let someone who is ready to serve and has the time to do it take the job. This ahole
>> >wanted both, because it's about, me, me, me. In that regard, he's just like Trump.
>> YOu also have not found anything in government that didn't get done
>> correctly because he took leave, or any decision he didn't take an
>> active part in.
>
>OK, if that's true, fire his ass, he's unnecessary and irrelevant.

Total non sequitur.

> But boy, just
>imagine if his name was Trump. You've already started at least one of your
>daily new OT posts about Trump today. Hypocrite.

I'd be surprised if you can find a post against trump where I don't
specify** what he did wrong, or I give a link to the details, or
mayyyybe I figure that since he's all over the news, people have heard
the details on the news. If you find one, let me know.

**A word directly related to specifics.

Scott Lurndal

Dec 7, 2022, 12:16:29 PM12/7/22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> writes:
>In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 7 Dec 2022 06:44:50 -0800 (PST), trader_4
><tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>hair on fire, it would be the most awful thing imaginable. The libs bitched
>>because Trump played golf.
>
> They did that because trump had iirc dumped on Obama for playing golf
>and then he played more. That's not at all what you just said, "because
>Trump played golf". You, who seem to know and remember far more details
>of this stuff than I do, you didn't remember that?

Not only that, Trump played golf at his _own_ golf courses, and charged
the secret service for cart rental, and knowing trump, he probably charged
the government for his own green fees.

https://www.businessinsider.com/secret-service-paying-to-rent-golf-carts-trump-course-summer-2020-5

$179,000 stolen from taxpayers and given to Trump.

Frank

Dec 7, 2022, 12:23:53 PM12/7/22
Hey, knuckle head:

"Donald J. Trump donated his $400,000 annual salary to various federal
departments from 2017 to 2020."

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 7, 2022, 12:36:29 PM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, trader_4 <tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Simple. If you insist on having an adoption AND insist on taking time off
> because your spouse can't take care of the baby, which has worked for
> thousands of years AND you won't hire a nanny, then don't take the fucking
> job.

Jesus, I'm glad I'm not your wife.

Incidentally, they adopted twins. Not "the baby", but "the babies".
Probably at least 4x as difficult as one infant.

> This isn't a job at McDonald's, which this ahole probably could not
> handle. Who the fuck is this guy anyway? He was a mayor of a small town
> and suddenly he's supposed to be an irreplaceable wonder?

He was a viable Presidential candidate in 2016. If he hadn't withdrawn
by the time the Michigan primary rolled around, I would have voted for
him.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 7, 2022, 1:09:01 PM12/7/22
Yes, it is called "Publicity Stunt" and get some dumb saps to vote for
him. Meanwhile, his company is cheating away.

Frank

Dec 7, 2022, 1:46:44 PM12/7/22

Frank

Dec 7, 2022, 1:47:40 PM12/7/22
You'd prefer to be the wife of a queer?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 7, 2022, 2:49:46 PM12/7/22
How is it cheating? The Secret Service wants protection. They pay for
Trump's golf cats and to stay at his hotel. What is the difference?
Trump is not giving discounts either.

Frank

Dec 7, 2022, 2:57:33 PM12/7/22
It is his vacation home. You know he spends more time in Delaware than
DC and drags all these costs with him.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 7, 2022, 3:26:57 PM12/7/22
So? Mar a Lago ring a bell?

micky

Dec 7, 2022, 3:41:11 PM12/7/22
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 7 Dec 2022 15:26:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
Frank can really sound like a fool. Has he never heard of Camp David?
Every president since Eisenhower and probably many before him has had a
weekend home and they all had plenty of protection. I've been down the
hill from Camp David, but I haven't tried to talk my way in. There are
lots of hiking trails nearby, however.

Ralph Mowery

Dec 7, 2022, 4:46:48 PM12/7/22
In article <tmqn2d$64k$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Frank@frank..net says...

> At least he is not cheating the public like your guy:
>
> https://www.capegazette.com/article/455000-fence-being-installed-biden%E2%80%99s-beach-house/229176

There is not a wall at the border, but looks like he will have one
around his house.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 7, 2022, 5:28:37 PM12/7/22

Frank

Dec 7, 2022, 6:40:05 PM12/7/22
Many have said the same.

Bob F

Dec 7, 2022, 9:28:04 PM12/7/22
Trump actually said that if he was president, he would be so busy he
would not have time to play golf.

HE very successfully disproved THAT lie.

Jim Joyce

Dec 7, 2022, 10:59:21 PM12/7/22
On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 16:46:39 -0500, Ralph Mowery <rmow...@charter.net>
wrote:
There's a tall wall around Mar-a-Lago, as well.

Ralph Mowery

Dec 7, 2022, 11:00:33 PM12/7/22
In article <tmri39$mudf$1...@dont-email.me>, bobn...@gmail.com says...
> They did that because trump had iirc dumped on Obama for playing golf
> > and then he played more. That's not at all what you just said, "because
> > Trump played golf". You, who seem to know and remember far more details
> > of this stuff than I do, you didn't remember that?
>
> Trump actually said that if he was president, he would be so busy he
> would not have time to play golf.
>
> HE very successfully disproved THAT lie.

Many people do not know it, but golf is not played by them as a game,
but is a place where deals are made. The gold course is out in the open
and hard for anyone to listen in on the deal making.

Bob F

Dec 7, 2022, 11:10:07 PM12/7/22
If that is so important, why did trump lie that he would not do it?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 7, 2022, 11:16:29 PM12/7/22
Easy. It sounds good. Especially to low educated non-golfers that wear
MAGA hats.

micky

Dec 7, 2022, 11:58:27 PM12/7/22
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 07 Dec 2022 21:59:15 -0600, Jim Joyce
Republican wall, good.
trump wall, better.
Democratic wall, bad.

Now, does everyone understand?

micky

Dec 8, 2022, 12:03:35 AM12/8/22
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 7 Dec 2022 23:00:23 -0500, Ralph Mowery
That doesn't matter. The problem is not that trump played golf. It's
that he criticized Obama for doing it, said he'd be too busy to do it,
then did it himself even more than Obama. And that trader forgot 2.5 of
these three steps.

Just like trump criticized Obama, I think it was, for using a
teleprompter, then he used one himself.

I'm sure there are other such examples.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 8, 2022, 4:27:09 AM12/8/22
Sounds like just another way to get around the Presidential Records Act.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Oscar

Dec 8, 2022, 6:50:32 AM12/8/22
Walls are speed bumps designed to slow down democrat criminals.

Frank

Dec 8, 2022, 8:42:01 AM12/8/22
Very true. I know a guy that got on the pathway to a company presidency
that way.

Frank

Dec 8, 2022, 8:43:18 AM12/8/22
You do know that "the big guy" belongs to two country clubs here.

trader_4

Dec 10, 2022, 8:56:28 AM12/10/22
Feel free to vote for him, he was a lefty with no track record and now he's a POS
in my book. Does a private in the US army get to take off and go home because
his wife had a baby? This ahole is just a well off spoiled entitled ahole, it's all about
me, me, me. The private knows more about duty, honor, country than Buttigieg.

trader_4

Dec 10, 2022, 8:57:42 AM12/10/22
At least Biden will go visit that wall.

Jim Joyce

Dec 10, 2022, 11:32:05 AM12/10/22
Have you heard him talk? He seems to be extremely intelligent and is
always ready with common sense answers when he gets a question. Being a
centrist, (you thought he was a lefty?), I think he'd have broad appeal
except for two things: he's young and he's gay. Being young is something
that people grow out of, but being gay is probably the kiss of death for
a backwards portion of the voting population in this country. In theory,
I could definitely vote for him, but it would also depend on who else is
on the ballot.

For the record, I have zero problems with him taking time to deal with
adoption. For me, it's not the 1950's anymore.

micky

Dec 10, 2022, 2:18:43 PM12/10/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Dec 2022 10:31:58 -0600, Jim Joyce
<no...@none.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 05:56:23 -0800 (PST), trader_4
><tra...@optonline.net> wrote:

>>> Jesus, I'm glad I'm not your wife.
>>>
>>> Incidentally, they adopted twins. Not "the baby", but "the babies".
>>> Probably at least 4x as difficult as one infant.
>>> He was a viable Presidential candidate in 2016. If he hadn't withdrawn
>>> by the time the Michigan primary rolled around, I would have voted for
>>> him.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cindy Hamilton

Trader said this, as if it weren't perfectly obvious from the
indentation markers.
>>Feel free to vote for him, he was a lefty with no track record and now he's a POS
>>in my book. Does a private in the US army get to take off and go home because

What does being a private have to do with it? That's the bottom rung
and he's far from that, and he gats better treatment. Plus there is a
law or generally applicable regulation that gives him paternity leave.
If privates had that rule, they'd take the leave too.

>>his wife had a baby? This ahole is just a well off spoiled entitled ahole, it's all about
>>me, me, me. The private knows more about duty, honor, country than Buttigieg.

The private knows? He has no choice. He'll get court martialed if he
goes AWOL.

Now Jim said this. Trader, do you see how it works?
>Have you heard him talk? He seems to be extremely intelligent and is
>always ready with common sense answers when he gets a question. Being a
>centrist, (you thought he was a lefty?), I think he'd have broad appeal
>except for two things: he's young and he's gay. Being young is something
>that people grow out of, but being gay is probably the kiss of death for
>a backwards portion of the voting population in this country. In theory,
>I could definitely vote for him, but it would also depend on who else is
>on the ballot.
>
>For the record, I have zero problems with him taking time to deal with
>adoption. For me, it's not the 1950's anymore.

Good points.

Frank

Dec 10, 2022, 2:42:39 PM12/10/22
Since he had important work to do in a crisis the government would have
paid someone to take care of things at home.

Are you guys too stupid to see that all the Biden appointees were chosen
to check off boxes to secure voters from these divergent groups?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 10, 2022, 3:27:20 PM12/10/22
On 12/10/2022 2:42 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> Feel free to vote for him, he was a lefty with no track record and
>>> now he's a POS
>>> in my book.  Does a private in the US army get to take off and go
>>> home because
>>> his wife had a baby?  This ahole is just a well off spoiled entitled
>>> ahole, it's all about
>>> me, me, me.  The private knows more about duty, honor, country than
>>> Buttigieg.
>>
>> Have you heard him talk? He seems to be extremely intelligent and is
>> always ready with common sense answers when he gets a question. Being a
>> centrist, (you thought he was a lefty?), I think he'd have broad appeal
>> except for two things: he's young and he's gay. Being young is something
>> that people grow out of, but being gay is probably the kiss of death for
>> a backwards portion of the voting population in this country. In theory,
>> I could definitely vote for him, but it would also depend on who else is
>> on the ballot.
>>
>> For the record, I have zero problems with him taking time to deal with
>> adoption. For me, it's not the 1950's anymore.
>>

> Since he had important work to do in a crisis the government would have
> paid someone to take care of things at home.

Really? Is there a form to fill out for government employees to get day
care? Is that in the Constitution?

> Are you guys too stupid to see that all the Biden appointees were chosen
> to check off boxes to secure voters from these divergent groups?

There is some truth to that but it does not mean they are not qualified.

Bob F

Dec 10, 2022, 4:02:47 PM12/10/22
Thay are monumentally better appointees than trumps. Many of trumps
appointees were clearly determined to destroy the usefulness of the
agency they ran. Where were the trumpers complaints than.

" When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of
energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he
was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas
industry that he had long championed in his home state.
In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered
that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the
Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex
he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on
the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

So Perry advocated dismantling the Department of Energy as a candidate
in 2012 despite having no idea what the department actually does. But
don’t worry — he has recently become aware that his job will not in fact
consist of traveling around the world telling people how great oil is. “"

micky

Dec 10, 2022, 4:07:44 PM12/10/22
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Dec 2022 15:27:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
<e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>> Are you guys too stupid to see that all the Biden appointees were chosen
>> to check off boxes to secure voters from these divergent groups?
>
>There is some truth to that but it does not mean they are not qualified.

Exactly. When there are loads of qualified people to choose from, it
doesn't hurt to promote "diversity". Secretary of Defense, State, and
Tresury might take extra-special skills or experience, but there were a
lot more than one person who could fill most cabinet posts.

Ralph Mowery

Dec 10, 2022, 5:02:43 PM12/10/22
In article <a7699879-d869-4fa0...@googlegroups.com>,
tra...@optonline.net says...

> > There is not a wall at the border, but looks like he will have one
> > around his house.
>
> At least Biden will go visit that wall.

Maybe his 'wall' but he has not been to the one near Mexico. Got close
to it the other day, but neither he or the Vicepresident has been there.

Ralph Mowery

Dec 10, 2022, 5:06:23 PM12/10/22
In article <tn2nf7$h94$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Frank@frank..net says...

> Since he had important work to do in a crisis the government would have
> paid someone to take care of things at home.
>
> Are you guys too stupid to see that all the Biden appointees were chosen
> to check off boxes to secure voters from these divergent groups?

I don't know what to call that is that stole some suitcases. Maybe it
got too close to the nuclear items it was over.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 10, 2022, 5:18:29 PM12/10/22
What's he supposed to do there? Shoot some wetbacks? Look at the
wall and say, "What a great wall"?

--
Cindy Hamilton
It is loading more messages.