Which of these is a better free leaf blower (faster speed or

Bugsy

Mar 30, 2023, 7:07:54 PM3/30/23
https://i.postimg.cc/8PBG71dD/blower.jpg

100MPH 385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE)
140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT)
155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only)

They are all free ($50 off from my electric company) so price is equal.
But I'm not sure how to choose between them.

I'm just getting it because I get $50 off whatever I get so if I pick
something that's about $50, it's free to me so why not get it.

They have $50 off lawn mowers too but they're $150 so they're not
free if I get them, so I'm looking at the leaf blowers for free.

But which is the best deal and how do I choose between them?
I've never used a leaf blower (I rake with a leaf rake).

Do you care more about voltage or cubic feet per minute or wind speed?

--
Please wear your mask!
Bugs are everywhere. :)

Dan Espen

Mar 31, 2023, 12:13:00 AM3/31/23
Bugsy <bu...@zimage.comBUGSY> writes:

> https://i.postimg.cc/8PBG71dD/blower.jpg
>
> 100MPH 385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE)
> 140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT)
> 155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only)

At that price, all of the above are tool only.
That means you need to buy an expensive battery if you don't have one now.

> They are all free ($50 off from my electric company) so price is equal.
> But I'm not sure how to choose between them.
>
> I'm just getting it because I get $50 off whatever I get so if I pick
> something that's about $50, it's free to me so why not get it.
>
> They have $50 off lawn mowers too but they're $150 so they're not
> free if I get them, so I'm looking at the leaf blowers for free.
>
> But which is the best deal and how do I choose between them?
> I've never used a leaf blower (I rake with a leaf rake).
>
> Do you care more about voltage or cubic feet per minute or wind speed?

You need to care about what you are going to do with the blower.

None of those blowers would be of any use to me because I need something
much more powerful.

My advice is figure out what you are going to use it for first.

--
Dan Espen

Ed Pawlowski

Mar 31, 2023, 12:37:32 AM3/31/23
On 3/31/2023 12:12 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
> Bugsy <bu...@zimage.comBUGSY> writes:
>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/8PBG71dD/blower.jpg
>>
>> 100MPH 385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE)
>> 140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT)
>> 155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only)
>
> At that price, all of the above are tool only.
> That means you need to buy an expensive battery if you don't have one now.

What makes you say that? If you check Amazon there are Sun Joe about
the same price with battery.

https://tinyurl.com/2wu4xfs7

micky

Mar 31, 2023, 1:11:42 AM3/31/23
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:08:02 -0500, Bugsy
<bu...@zimage.comBUGSY> wrote:

>https://i.postimg.cc/8PBG71dD/blower.jpg
>
>100MPH 385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE)
>140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT)
>155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only)
>
>They are all free ($50 off from my electric company) so price is equal.
>But I'm not sure how to choose between them.
>
>I'm just getting it because I get $50 off whatever I get so if I pick
>something that's about $50, it's free to me so why not get it.
>
>They have $50 off lawn mowers too but they're $150 so they're not
>free if I get them, so I'm looking at the leaf blowers for free.
>
>But which is the best deal and how do I choose between them?
>I've never used a leaf blower (I rake with a leaf rake).

Best deal is don't rake and don't blow. Just mow the lawn and it chops
up the leaves and they disappear into the spaces between the grass.
There they fertilize the lawn.

Blowers make an infernal racket that bothers all the neighbors and
probably bother's the person's family and himself. Some people even
wear ear protectors which are themseves uncomfortable and still some of
the noise gets through.

Thomas

Mar 31, 2023, 4:12:20 AM3/31/23
48 cordless if you live where it might lightly snow.

Thomas

Mar 31, 2023, 4:13:49 AM3/31/23
On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 1:11:42 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
Oh, and what is Tool Only on the electric? Does it not come with leaves?

Dan Espen

Mar 31, 2023, 7:30:32 AM3/31/23
I don't know about the first 2 for sure.
The third one specifically says tool only.

The one in your link is 200 CFM. Even less power.

--
Dan Espen

Bugsy

Mar 31, 2023, 1:25:08 PM3/31/23
Dan Espen <dan1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> At that price, all of the above are tool only.
>>> That means you need to buy an expensive battery if you don't have one now.
>>>

>> What makes you say that? If you check Amazon there are Sun Joe about
>> the same price with battery.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/2wu4xfs7
>
> I don't know about the first 2 for sure.
> The third one specifically says tool only.
>
> The one in your link is 200 CFM. Even less power.

I didn't notice the "tool only" where I only know what they published.
https://appliances.svcleanenergy.org/

You get $50 off anything you can find on that list but I didn't want to
spend money because I just wanted to get the best for free.

The leaf blowers are here.
https://appliances.svcleanenergy.org/leaf-blowers/

The lawn mowers are here.
https://appliances.svcleanenergy.org/lawn-mowers/

They will give me $50 off so all I was looking for was something for free.

If I have to buy a non-standard battery and a non-standard battery charger,
then what good is it for the environment for them to tout this as "green?"

Maybe this is just a political game if I have to buy non-standard
batteries, which will pollute in the end analysis more than they save?

Bugsy

Mar 31, 2023, 1:26:25 PM3/31/23
Thomas <cano...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Do you care more about voltage or cubic feet per minute or wind speed?
> Oh, and what is Tool Only on the electric? Does it not come with leaves?

I think the question is still valid if I should care more about the wind
speed or the wind volume?

If you have to choose between wind speed and wind volume, which is better?

Bob F

Mar 31, 2023, 2:10:24 PM3/31/23
Is that water squirting out of that blower?

Bob F

Mar 31, 2023, 2:35:27 PM3/31/23
On 3/31/2023 10:25 AM, Bugsy wrote:

>>> What makes you say that? If you check Amazon there are Sun Joe about
>>> the same price with battery.
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2wu4xfs7
>>
>> I don't know about the first 2 for sure.
>> The third one specifically says tool only.
>>
>> The one in your link is 200 CFM. Even less power.
>
> I didn't notice the "tool only" where I only know what they published.
> https://appliances.svcleanenergy.org/
>
> You get $50 off anything you can find on that list but I didn't want to
> spend money because I just wanted to get the best for free.
>
> The leaf blowers are here.
> https://appliances.svcleanenergy.org/leaf-blowers/

The last one on that page is not battery powered. No cord included.

Thomas

Mar 31, 2023, 3:31:43 PM3/31/23
Check the finer print. The 140 is 99 bucks with 50 off. You are gonna be whacked for 49 plus goodies.
That is how I see the deal.

Bugsy

Apr 1, 2023, 10:17:52 PM4/1/23
Thomas <cano...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check the finer print. The 140 is 99 bucks with 50 off. You are gonna be whacked for 49 plus goodies.
> That is how I see the deal.

Thank you for your advice. I think _none_ of them will, in the end, be free
as it seems like a gimmick to sell batteries and battery chargers instead.

But the main question remains unanswered which is, for general use, what's
a better tradeoff in terms of what you might generally do with them?

What's a minimum CFM to ask for in terms of what a leaf blower does?
What's a minimum Wind Speed to ask for in terms of a leaf blower?

Dan Espen

Apr 2, 2023, 12:03:02 AM4/2/23
Bugsy <bu...@zimage.comBUGSY> writes:

> Thomas <cano...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Check the finer print. The 140 is 99 bucks with 50 off. You are
>> gonna be whacked for 49 plus goodies. That is how I see the deal.
>
> Thank you for your advice. I think _none_ of them will, in the end, be
> free as it seems like a gimmick to sell batteries and battery chargers
> instead.
>
> But the main question remains unanswered which is, for general use,
> what's a better tradeoff in terms of what you might generally do with
> them?
>
> What's a minimum CFM to ask for in terms of what a leaf blower does?
> What's a minimum Wind Speed to ask for in terms of a leaf blower?

You have to decide what you are going to use the thing for.

I move lots of leaves each fall. I need something that can pick up
large piles of leaves and move them. I shopped for and bought around
300MPH.

--
Dan Espen

AK

Apr 2, 2023, 5:11:02 AM4/2/23
My experience is that those batteries can be rebuilt.

Many use 18650 Li-Ion batteries.

Andy

Bugsy

Apr 2, 2023, 3:11:29 PM4/2/23
Dan Espen <dan1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I move lots of leaves each fall. I need something that can pick up
> large piles of leaves and move them. I shopped for and bought around
> 300MPH.

But there's my confusion because you didn't say the volume at all.

I'm sure 300 mph at a low CFM volume is not as useful as 300 mph at a high
CFM volume.

What's a good wind speed and volume to look for in an average blower?

Dan Espen

Apr 2, 2023, 3:46:35 PM4/2/23
Bugsy <bu...@zimage.comBUGSY> writes:

> Dan Espen <dan1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I move lots of leaves each fall. I need something that can pick up
>> large piles of leaves and move them. I shopped for and bought around
>> 300MPH.
>
> But there's my confusion because you didn't say the volume at all.
>
> I'm sure 300 mph at a low CFM volume is not as useful as 300 mph at a high
> CFM volume.
>
> What's a good wind speed and volume to look for in an average blower?

Unless you have some kind of oddball blower, the 2 things go together.
I shopped based on speed. If I saw a tiny opening on the business end
I wouldn't have bought the blower but I've never seen such a blower.

--
Dan Espen

Thomas

Apr 2, 2023, 5:01:12 PM4/2/23
My gas blower whatever it is has reverse to suck up the leaves and mulch them into a bag I strap on.
Good shit.

Frank

Apr 2, 2023, 7:17:49 PM4/2/23
You cannot beat a gas powered blower but maybe he is in CA and they are
forbidden.

I considered a battery powered but settled for this corded blower:

12-Amp 400-CFM 250-MPH Corded Electric Leaf Blower Vacuum Kit Included

It is adequate for small usage and can suck up small piles of leaves.

Still I have a lawn service and they came in last fall to cut grass and
in a few minutes with back pack blower cleared the front lawn of leaves
blowing downhill into my bushes in back of the drive way. Would have
take me at least a half hour with my corded blower.

Dean Hoffman

Apr 2, 2023, 7:34:39 PM4/2/23
Consumer Reports has them rated. Do you have a particular style in mind? Gas, electric, battery, etc. Sun doesn't appear in their ratings.