Dremel multi max tool: speed control out of whack

milli...@yahoo.com

Dec 27, 2015, 10:25:37 PM12/27/15
I've had a Dremel multi max tool for a few years, purchased from HomeDepot for $100. It's the kind with the vibrating head that cuts wood/metal/grout etc depending on the attachment you put on. The vibration speed is controlled by a wheel that you can select from 0 to 10 (slow-to-fast). But lately the wheel doesn't seem to work right and it speeds up and down of its own accord.

Has anyone experienced the same with theirs?
Does anyone know of a reasonable fix, or is it considered a cheap tool and time to buy a new one?

Experienced opinions and advice greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Theodore

DerbyDad03

Dec 27, 2015, 10:58:26 PM12/27/15
Can the case be opened? If so, I'd try blowing out the area around the speed control. Maybe you could even blow it out without opening it.

Could be dust build-up.

Oren

Dec 28, 2015, 2:00:20 PM12/28/15
+ 1 ...good first step

OP? Can you hold the wheel to stop the speed changes? If it is just
the wheel, I'd try a small plastic wedge next to the wheel to hold it
in place.

A local tool repair shop can replace the speed wheel switch if bad.

DerbyDad03

Dec 28, 2015, 2:47:55 PM12/28/15
A few years ago I bought a HF variable speed multi-function tool. The
speed control worked great from 0 (stopped) to 5 (almost full speed). The
problem was that 6 = 0, i.e. stopped.

I took it back and exchanged it.

Cheekymonkees

Jun 23, 2022, 5:31:45 PM6/23/22
Yeah there are thousands of posts regarding problems with the speed control.....planned obsolescence... I WILL NEVER BUY A DREMEL PRODUCT AGAIN.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/dremel-multi-max-tool-speed-control-out-of-whack-862440-.htm

John Doe

Jun 23, 2022, 6:01:28 PM6/23/22
Off topic troll...

--
Cheekymonkees <99271f27ca50c531...@example.com> wrote:

> From: Cheekymonkees <99271f27ca50c531...@example.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
> Subject: Re: Dremel multi max tool: speed control out of whack
> Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 21:31:40 +0000

Edward Hernandez

Jun 23, 2022, 6:29:42 PM6/23/22
How stupid is the John Doe troll?

The John Doe troll posting one of its vacuous insults at 05:39:20 UTC on
20 Mar 2022 with a grammatical error:

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164790428800

Then, at 05:55:56 UTC, 16 minutes and 36 seconds later, the John Doe
troll responds to its own post with a correction, but stupidly forgets
that it sets a Followup-To: header to the "alt.test.group", resulting in
its correction article posting only to "alt.test.group":

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164790440700

The John Doe troll, mister "alway...@message.header", is so stupid it
does not even remember it sets a Followup-To: header in its own vacuous
insults.

Special thanks to corvid <b...@ckb.ird> for pointing out the stupidity of
the John Doe troll:

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165594737000

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:01:22 GMT in message-id
<So5tK.4112$lHb6...@usenetxs.com>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

TjhGibAz0xyX

John Doe

Jun 23, 2022, 8:25:58 PM6/23/22
Eddie, the Astraweb nym-shifting stalker is flagging off-topic posts
with its forgery of my ID, then replies to its own forgery. Strange but true.

Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

See also...
Bertrand Sindri <bertrand.sindri yahoo.com>
John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

--
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote:

> From: John Doe <alway...@message.header>
> Newsgroups: alt.home.repair,free.spam
> Subject: Re: Dremel multi max tool: speed control out of whack
> Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:01:22 GMT

Edward Hernandez

Jun 23, 2022, 8:27:24 PM6/23/22
Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 64.9% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at
least 2277 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
1302 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings.

<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another
incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 24 Jun 2022 00:25:52 -0000
(UTC) in message-id <t930ag$igk$4...@dont-email.me>.

XGqBKYjSHOSp

Wade Garrett

Jun 24, 2022, 9:41:52 AM6/24/22
On 6/23/22 5:31 PM, Cheekymonkees wrote:
> Yeah there are thousands of posts regarding problems with the speed
> control.....planned obsolescence... I WILL NEVER BUY A DREMEL PRODUCT
> AGAIN.

Would you like to borrow mine? I've had it well over 30 years and it's
doing just fine :-)

--
Why is it that the politicians who want more government control over
your life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?