OT. T-Day Adjustment

Dean Hoffman

Nov 25, 2021, 7:40:19 AM11/25/21

Frank

Nov 25, 2021, 8:15:38 AM11/25/21
On 11/25/2021 7:40 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> <https://i.pinimg.com/736x/15/5d/1f/155d1f3fbd114440b70c8c33d2ae8a38.jpg>
>
> A turkey giving advice.

Reminded me of this advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZHJ0LM3uQ

Dean Hoffman

Nov 25, 2021, 8:29:34 AM11/25/21
The good old days before this wokeism stupidity.
Americans are only third in turkey consumption. God's Chosen
are first.
<https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-countries-that-consume-the-most-turkey-353743/?singlepage=1>

Frank

Nov 25, 2021, 8:55:09 AM11/25/21
Long time ago, I went to a conference in the UK and at a banquet I was
surprised to see that they served turkey.

Ed Pawlowski

Nov 25, 2021, 11:40:58 AM11/25/21
On 11/25/2021 8:29 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
I retired five years ago. A lot less turkeys in my life now.

Dean Hoffman

Nov 25, 2021, 12:03:13 PM11/25/21
There's a list here of Americans' favorite casseroles.
<https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/thanksgiving-casserole-preferences-state-google-trends>
Virginia has French toast casserole listed. That's a new one to me.

Frank

Nov 25, 2021, 12:25:37 PM11/25/21
We are headed to a son's house today for Thanksgiving dinner. That
means no left over turkey. I supplied the turkey which I got free from
the Acme for spending over $300 for food the last few weeks.

rbowman

Nov 25, 2021, 1:13:56 PM11/25/21
When you aren't supposed to eat a delicious baked ham I guess you make do.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Nov 25, 2021, 3:02:32 PM11/25/21
B.S., as usual. I've never heard of "creamy corn casserole".

Since this is Google Trends search data, it means the people in those states
don't know how to make what they're searching for. How popular can it be?

Cindy Hamilton

rbowman

Nov 25, 2021, 4:02:14 PM11/25/21
On 11/25/2021 01:02 PM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> "creamy corn casserole"

At least it doesn't involve green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and
canned onion rings. I think...

Peeler

Nov 25, 2021, 5:09:48 PM11/25/21
On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 14:02:10 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> At least it doesn't involve green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and
> canned onion rings. I think...

You don't! Your mouth just prattles!

--
Gossiping "lowbrowwoman" about herself:
"Usenet is my blog... I don't give a damn if anyone ever reads my posts

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 25, 2021, 6:07:08 PM11/25/21
I saw that "vegan" thing for DC. That must be the yuppies who
gentrified some of the slums. DC folks lean more toward soul food like
those greasy green beans I was talking about with a big chunk of some
kind of smoked pork in them. Hog Jowl is my favorite but a ham hock
works. I have seen suburban housewives use salt pork but they are
missing the point. You want the smoke.
Maryland said "Leftover" <casserole?>. That sounds more like Saturday
or Sunday, when you are boning out the last of the carcass not
Thanksgiving.

I don't do that. I boned that thing out before I put it away today. I
have a bag of white meat, a bag of dark meat and a bag of pieces I
picked off the bones for the dog. By the end of the weekend when we
can't stand the sight of another turkey sandwich, the rest goes in the
chili. I will freeze the dog stuff in meal sized balls before then.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Nov 26, 2021, 7:50:30 AM11/26/21
On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 6:07:08 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

> I don't do that. I boned that thing out before I put it away today. I
> have a bag of white meat, a bag of dark meat and a bag of pieces I
> picked off the bones for the dog. By the end of the weekend when we
> can't stand the sight of another turkey sandwich, the rest goes in the
> chili. I will freeze the dog stuff in meal sized balls before then.

Same here, except that we don't have a dog, so anything that we don't
want to eat ends up in the stockpot.

I need to get the carcass out of the "beer fridge" in the basement and
start simmering the stock.

Cindy Hamilton

rbowman

Nov 26, 2021, 12:35:13 PM11/26/21
Turkey soup always was the best part. The smallest turkey is still more
bird that I want to deal with so I haven't had a carcass in years.

Peeler

Nov 26, 2021, 12:47:48 PM11/26/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:35:07 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Turkey soup always was the best part. The smallest turkey is still more
> bird that I want to deal with so I haven't had a carcass in years.

Great wording again, you poetic blabbermouth! <G>