OT - FEMA Pays For Covid Related Funeral Expenses

Marilyn Manson

Jan 13, 2022, 10:43:33 AM (7 days ago) Jan 13
Did you know that FEMA pays up to $9000 to cover funeral expenses
for people who have died from a Covid related illness? Caveat: This
only applies to funeral costs for which there are no other forms of
coverage, such as funeral insurance, government benefits, etc.

Apparently not many people know about the program or maybe they
just don't want to apply. Could also be that they had other coverage,
but there's a big gap between 226K payouts and >800K deaths.

"As of Dec. 6, 2021, about 226,000 people had shared in the nearly $1.5
billion that FEMA has spent on funeral costs that occurred after Jan. 20,
2020"

https://tinyurl.com/FEMA-Funeral

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/26/1068103241/fema-wants-to-give-families-up-to-9-000-for-covid-funerals-but-many-dont-apply

Imagine a death certificate that reads:
A - Immediate Cause: Acute Hypoxic Respiratory Failure With Pneumonia
B - Due To: Covid-19

As written, that's worth up to $9K in funeral expense reimbursement.

micky

Jan 13, 2022, 2:06:51 PM (6 days ago) Jan 13
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 13 Jan 2022 07:43:30 -0800 (PST), Marilyn
Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Did you know that FEMA pays up to $9000 to cover funeral expenses
>for people who have died from a Covid related illness? Caveat: This
>only applies to funeral costs for which there are no other forms of
>coverage, such as funeral insurance, government benefits, etc.
>
>Apparently not many people know about the program or maybe they
>just don't want to apply. Could also be that they had other coverage,
>but there's a big gap between 226K payouts and >800K deaths.

That would only be $2.82 a person. Enough to get you buried a quarter
of an inch deep.

A quarter of an inch** is better than nothing.

>"As of Dec. 6, 2021, about 226,000 people had shared in the nearly $1.5
>billion that FEMA has spent on funeral costs that occurred after Jan. 20,
>2020"

**Oh, 226K is people, not dollars. I don't know the conversion factor
for that.

Marilyn Manson

Jan 13, 2022, 3:57:25 PM (6 days ago) Jan 13
On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 2:06:51 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 13 Jan 2022 07:43:30 -0800 (PST), Marilyn
> Manson <comawhit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Did you know that FEMA pays up to $9000 to cover funeral expenses
> >for people who have died from a Covid related illness? Caveat: This
> >only applies to funeral costs for which there are no other forms of
> >coverage, such as funeral insurance, government benefits, etc.
> >
> >Apparently not many people know about the program or maybe they
> >just don't want to apply. Could also be that they had other coverage,
> >but there's a big gap between 226K payouts and >800K deaths.
> That would only be $2.82 a person. Enough to get you buried a quarter
> of an inch deep.
>
> A quarter of an inch** is better than nothing.
> >"As of Dec. 6, 2021, about 226,000 people had shared in the nearly $1.5
> >billion that FEMA has spent on funeral costs that occurred after Jan. 20,
> >2020"
> **Oh, 226K is people, not dollars. I don't know the conversion factor
> for that.

Why didn't you just delete what you wrote instead of clicking send?

Here, let me help you with some elementary school math:

$1,500,000,000 / 226,000 people = $6,637.17 average per person.