How does this camera point to the right person?

micky

Jan 22, 2022, 1:48:36 AM1/22/22
In the first minute of this video, and lots of other videos by Matt's
towing, the camera is on the driver and then moves over to the
passenger, then back to the back seat and up to see his face.

Unless there is little fairycameraman sitting on the dashboard, what
sort of camera can do this, and who is directing which direction it
points? It must be someone in that truck.

https://youtu.be/r8IfXPm9zrU

He seems to be mostly in Utah, with lot of hills, rocks, and
mountains.

Do these 4-wheel drive trucks he uses and 4-wheel pickups and vans
mostly have stick shift or auto? It seems like a big distraction when
trying to keep your speed right and steer right and tow at the same
time and not fall off a cliff, to have to clutch too. Can't you get all
the advantages of a stick from a truck with a bigger engine and an auto
that lets you lock into first, for example?

BTW, I've gotten myself in trouble two times, but only out of several
that I didnt' get in trouble, and I do it in a 2-wheel drive sedan.

Never so big I couldn't get myself out. Uusally in a rentacar but I
never damaged the car. Some times I drive a far piece at 5 mph, to not
hurt the car.

But I don't think I'd try the stupid things the people he has to tow out
try.

Marilyn Manson

Jan 22, 2022, 1:00:49 PM1/22/22
On Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 1:48:36 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> In the first minute of this video, and lots of other videos by Matt's
> towing, the camera is on the driver and then moves over to the
> passenger, then back to the back seat and up to see his face.
>
> Unless there is little fairycameraman sitting on the dashboard, what
> sort of camera can do this, and who is directing which direction it
> points? It must be someone in that truck.

I don't know what Matt uses, but you can get remote control mounts
such as this. IOW it's not the camera, it's a compatible rotating mount.

https://www.amazon.com/Wirless-Bluetooth-Rotation-Panorama-Smartphone/dp/B01G9792BA

> https://youtu.be/r8IfXPm9zrU
>
> He seems to be mostly in Utah, with lot of hills, rocks, and
> mountains.
>
> Do these 4-wheel drive trucks he uses and 4-wheel pickups and vans
> mostly have stick shift or auto? It seems like a big distraction when
> trying to keep your speed right and steer right and tow at the same
> time and not fall off a cliff, to have to clutch too. Can't you get all
> the advantages of a stick from a truck with a bigger engine and an auto
> that lets you lock into first, for example?

AFAIK the Morrvair uses a Turbo 400 TH400 3 speed automatic Transmission

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/05/matts-off-road-recovery-launches-lifted-chevy-corvair-video/

Some technical comparisons between the Morrvair and the Banana are buried in this
video.

https://newsvideo.su/auto/video/202219

However, the Banana has gone through some major changes since that competition
was held but I think it was all body work.