what kind of screws for metal door please

Shirley Rogers

Sep 2, 2001, 6:39:15 PM9/2/01
Hi-
Need to install some blinds onto a hollow metal door- is there a special
type of screw I need to use? The blinds are rather heavy and will need good
support.
Thank you for your help!
Shirley

Colbyt

Sep 2, 2001, 7:56:18 PM9/2/01

"Shirley Rogers" <bay_...@spambullard.net> wrote in message

I do this for a living. I use 3/4" #6 hex head sheet metal screws. I do
not pre-drill the door. Two screws per bracket will hold up any faux wood
blind (all the others weigh less).

Colbyt

Shirley Rogers

Sep 2, 2001, 8:36:06 PM9/2/01
That's great, Colbyt! Thank you so much. I wouldn't have thought that would
be enough to hold the heavy blinds but I will certainly try it...seems you
would know! :^)
Thanks
Shirley
"Colbyt" <col...@qx.net> wrote in message

Dan Hicks

Sep 2, 2001, 8:41:31 PM9/2/01
Shirley Rogers wrote:

> Hi-
> Need to install some blinds onto a hollow metal door- is there a special
> type of screw I need to use? The blinds are rather heavy and will need good
> support.

Sheet metal screws, sort of short, stubby wood screws. Available at any
hardware store in a variety of sizes. They just need to be long enough
to penetrate into the door about 1/2", since the part right at the
surface does the work. Be sure to drill pilot holes that are as
undersized as you can while still being large enough for the screws to
grab.

--
Dan Hicks
By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get

Shirley Rogers

Sep 2, 2001, 8:57:03 PM9/2/01
Thanks Dan!
Shirley